Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews

efficient company, good staff and great teamwork
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2016
a typical day at work went by quickly. Ie learned how to balance speed and quality and I also learned how to use a RF scanner and how to drive the reach and the walkie. I loves my superiors they have a job to do and so do I. Great mutual respect and good communication. There nothing too hard about the job you just have to be physicially fit. The people were amazing .
Pros
people
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2016
The job was very fun as you speak with customers everyday and greet them. It is a typical retail sales/ customer service environment and there is a great level of satisfaction to be reached from helping clients to feel good about the clothing selections they choose.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to offer style customer was looking for, as it wasn't a style the store carried.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
part time, low hours, minimum wage, low commission
A fun and hardworking group of individuals
Sales Associate/Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
A typical day at Reitmans would consist of constantly helping customers when they need help while assuring them that the opinion we have given them is not wrong (we're not just trying to make a sale, we're trying to be honest in what we do).
I learnt a lot while working at Reitmans especially how to be more open-minded to the changing environment.
Management always tries to help you when needed but sometimes the expectations are unreal.
Sometimes the hardest part of my job is trying to get customers into the fitting rooms, some get disappointed that their size is not available in the store so they give up and do not try a different size on that they mind potentially fit into.
Pros
Hard working team
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work with amazing team but the Management was very poor.
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2016
I had an amazing time working with Reitmans. Our team at Heartland town centre was great. About a month ago around 8 people from our team left the job as they weren't happy with the management. But now we have new management and things haven't changed still. I don't look forward to going to work anymore.
Great fast-paced workplace with friendly co-workers.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL6 July 2016
A typical includes customer transaction, stocking, accepting fright, and light cleaning. I have learned a great amount of customer service and that its a great feeling helping customer find exactly what there looking for. The manager was great she had a great passion to work with clothing and accessorizes, there was never a unhappy customer. Coworkers were easy going and all pulled their weight from welcoming the customers to cleaning the changing room the completing the transactions. The hardest part of the job was the unexpected busy days when its hard to accommodate all the customer but we did so in a timely manner. The best part of the job was when i could help a customer that was 100% satisfied.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Team Lead/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2016
Working with this company was very enjoyable. The staff and management were all very friendly and got along well together. Everybody knew what needed to be done everyday and we all worked together to complete the daily tasks.
Pros
The management and staff
Cons
Not enough hours
While working, there is always something to do
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE11 May 2016
Currently working as a sales associate at Reitmans. My regular work day at Reitmans consists of constant customer interaction and assistance, lifting heavy objects, restocking racks, cleaning and freshing the store, as well as waiting on customers at the cash.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Not enough hours but required to by the clothing to keep up to date with the latest fashion
Fast paced environment
FASHION SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 May 2016
I liked the company and the values it stood for, however the approach to customer care and customer service I think should not be as enforced as it is because it can seem pushy. The customers we had typically knew what they were looking for and had their minds set, we as employees approaching her the way we were only pushed her away.
great and friendly workplace
Sales Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 May 2016
Loved working here, great team environment. perfect part-time job during school year. Only con to this job was that they only allow a certain amount of hours to be given per week, so if your looking for more than 15+ hours a week than probably not the best part-time job for you.
Pros
steady work
Cons
short hours
Many Nice Customers and Employees
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 September 2016
I love the people I work with, whether they are the other employees or one of the customers. There are great hours, and they are very understanding about taking time off.
Fun staff, happy environment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 November 2016
a typical day at work would be dealing with customers, doing stock, inventory, replenishing, fashion consulting, se ups and take downs of advertising set ups.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
It's a good company to work for. You benefit from ALL the sister stores. I will recommend this job to anyone. Its a fun place to work.
Pros
50% off items that are not on sell. and ALL the sister stores as well.
Cons
part-time hours conflict with full time hours.
Great management team; great working team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
Manager and assistant manager were very helpful and supportive in what was my first experience working in a retail environment. I learned the technicalities of working retail (sales transactions, returns, exchanges, stocking, receiving) and extended my existing customer services skills into the retail environment.
Awful Company
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
Abusive management (who was finally let go after the majority of employees at our location had already quit). No value for employees, you're treated like a body to fill a space. No concern for financial stability of employees after switching to a new "smart" automated scheduling system that spits out 3 hour shifts.
Pros
Cons
No stability in hours, abusive management, minimal pay
good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2016
it was good had good bosses. coworkers were good friendly people. i like the day to day interactions with customer. i dressed ctv news anchors and the liked me
Fun, upbeat environmnent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 April 2016
-Typical day at work was a busy, yet fun day. Lot's of interaction with different customers of all ages ranging from 15-80.
-Learned people management and social interaction. Customer sales representative with experience in all fields in the store.
-Easily managed store, managers were easy to get along with and easy to reach out to if any problems occured.
-I got along well with all of the co-workers in store and in the 4 years being there, I never ran into any conflict with anyone.
-Hardest part of the job was going into a new position, learning new tasks, but happily accepted the challenge and caught on quickly.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with new and different people every single day. You got to a point where you would have your daily or weekly regulars whom you got to build a relationship with and get to know on a more personal level.
MULTI STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 July 2016
Fast pace retail environment, to bad they are restructuring and people are loosing their jobs,

Co=workers are great, lots of support form other managers
Very lively work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2016
It is a very fast-paced company to work for. You have to be able to think quickly on your feet and stay current with fashion trends. Every day you get to look fabulous in their clothing, because you are the live model for the clientele. In my time with the company, I have worked with some fantastic and dynamic women who work hard every day to ensure the clients feel uplifted and beautiful when making their fashion choices, as well as doing their utmost to maintain sales targets. All in all, if you enjoy fashion, warm-hearted people and a fast-paced work environment, you'll find it with this company!
Pros
Great team to work with, flexible hours
Cons
Hours are cut based on missed sales targets
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 April 2016
I only worked their part-time. I would get off from Home Hardware and then go work their. I also worked the weekends so I was very busy. I enjoyed working with the girls and the customers very much. It was a good place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I had to give it up to much work.
Fun and Productive
Assistant Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
Was a fun place to work with the staff. Management was absent most of the time due to personal issues or vacation time which left assistant manager and team lead to deal with the daily managerial tasks with no training provided for specific roles.
Pros
Staff and Clients
Cons
Management absent