Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

Awful assistant manager
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2017
My assistant manager at Beacon Hill Store just degraded me
In frount of other employees and customers so so unprofessional
Other employees where lovely and Manager .
Pros
Employees
Cons
Assistant manager
Fun, mindless job
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC22 August 2017
If you are looking for a job while you are at school, this is the one! Very easy to do well at this job however managment is unorganized. Most times promising you pay raises but they dont deliver. The people you work with will probably be the best people ever.
Reitmans Canada sales and cashier review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 August 2017
current job:
head cashier
sales
merch
set up
windows

very poor scheduling, hours change without warning and schedule can change several times a week is not usually sent out on thursday for the sunday.
Not terrible
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 August 2017
Not a terrible work environment, but for the work one does, minimum wage and the few hours you get don't make one want to stay. If you aren't outgoing and upbeat, or can't make yourself be, this probably isn't a job for you. And if you're squeamish around other's bodies, again not the job for you. You need to look the part always, and strike up conversation with customers.

The most enjoyable part though is making the customer comfortable in their body.
Pros
50% off all regular priced merch.
Cons
Minimum wage, low hours, small teams, retail.
I loved this job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2017
The only reason I quit was because I moved and they didn't have my position available in my new town.
I was a visual merchandiser and I learned so much and was ready to learn more.
Pros
Amazing managers, really great coworkers, lots to learn and do.
Cons
retail doesn't pay enough.
A relaxing workspace equaled with a hardworking team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 August 2017
A typical day at work includes helping the customers to find the clothes that will fit them the best and make them feel comfortable in their own skin. On slower days where there are little to no customers, the time is spent cleaning the store (i.e. re-folding clothes, dusting, vacuuming, etc.). Some days we can be tasked with re-organizing the store, either moving clothing collections to other sections or completely changing the set-up of a section. Throughout my time with the company I have learned to be productive at all times, be more confident when around unfamiliar people, and how to solve problems either on my own or with the help of a team member. The management at the store was very well done, our manager was always very organized and respected peoples needs and wishes, especially in regards to days off. Next to the manager, the other employees were always very kind and the entire store is close-knit like a family of sorts. The hardest part of the job would be on busy days where there are many customers that need attention, other employees need help, and the store needs to look presentable all at once. It did however teach me to be more efficient when it comes to multi-tasking and getting jobs done quickly. The most enjoyable part I found in the job was the relationship that was established not just between co-workers but with our customers as well. Our customers put their trust in us that we were giving them clothing choices that they would be able to enjoy over many years and feel confident in.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, friendly environment, discount on merchandise
Cons
Either too many hours given or not enough
Good employer
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 August 2017
Great company values. Take good care of employees and willing to compromise with personal life. Awesome benefits. Customer happiness focused.

overall good employer
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
evenings and weekends work required
Friendly environment, high expectations.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 August 2017
A typical day at work is hectic, challenging and involves an ability to multitask and meet demands as they present themselves.
Management is very supportive and willing to help, though the expectation from upper management borders on being unrealistic at times.
Working with the public is always challenging but the environment between coworkers is friendly and encouraging for the most part, which helps to off set the unpleasant interactions faced in retail.
Pros
Great discount, friendly staff.
Cons
Long hours, lack of benefits for part time/temp positions.
Great part-time job
Sales Associate Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
I love working here and it has allowed me to grow as an individual and prepare me for the workforce when finding a job in my field now that I am done university.
This was fun partime job in another type of work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2017
I loved working at Pennington. Working a different side of retail was fun and exciting. All retail work is not the same. This had different kind of challenges and tasks. Working with cloth is diff than working with groceries. Helping out the customer and trying to meet their needs was basically the same.
Pros
Fun staff and made good lifelong friends
Cons
Business closed
Really great job
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
Work is fun but things can happen that cause problems to rise. It is definitely a great company to work for but at every place, especially retail, there is inconsistency that can become troublesome
Friendly Work Environment
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2017
Typical day at work consisted of picking items from different boxes and sending them into another box to be processed. Learned how to work with a RFID scanner. Management style was lenient not pressured. Hardest part of the job consisted of lifting heavy boxes. Most enjoyable part of the job was scanning items as it was simple.
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
Loved my experience with Reitmans and would highly recommend this company to any one looking for employment. Excellent and supportive upper management as well!
Pros
Free lunches, contests, great discounts, excellent benefits
Cons
Lots of stock, have to be fast and good at multitasking
Productive and motivated
E-commerce/Stock Processor (P, T) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 July 2017
Reitmans was a very good experience for me, I enjoy every hour spent there. Unfortunately I had to leave because I moved to Toronto.
The hardest part of me was leaving.
Really good discount
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
50% off clothing, management was nice. All dependent on which area of the city ( the clientele)and the management you had at the store how much you like the job
Pros
discounts
Cons
christmas
fun place to work
PART TIME FASHION SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
most fun was helping the customers, good management is an asset with working retail though as it makes it more enjoyable coming into work. Overall a good experience
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Good team, bad company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 July 2017
I worked for Reitmans Co. for two years, and while it was steady employment, it was far from ideal.

The pay was extremely low for when I was in the assistant manager position, and I had no benefits despite working there for a considerable time. I never received a raise outside of a promotion, and rarely did our employees get any form of praise they deserved from our DM or head office.

My team was amazing, and I had two spectacular managers who were kind and accommodating, but that didn't make up for the fact that the company itself cared little for their employees and their comfort.
not great
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 July 2017
alot of overheads and preferences.
too many lay offs due to pay check and not talent related
to much turn over

HR isnt hr as it protects the higher ups and not the employees
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 June 2017
Reitmans has an excellent management team. They are flexible with scheduling and very understanding of a work and life balance. Overall it is a great environment to work in with a professional yet fun and friendly staff.
Awesome!!
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 June 2017
The best company I've worked for so far! They treat their employees very well, and make the work place a fun comfortable place to be! They are very understanding and flexible, they understand that you have a life outside of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.