Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

My personal review
Fashion Associate/Sales (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON17 January 2018
My typical work day as such, is like a regular day, I must say that work is my future and I look forward to being at work. I do have many years of experience in a diverse environment which enable me to gain adequate knowledge and experience from others. I do enjoy meeting people and travelling but a good book on my break time makes my day. We all know that challenges can happen at anytime and in any environment however, challenges is seen in my view as a learning goal. In conclusion, I look forward to any work environment, I will enjoy it.
Pros
Working towards improving my skills
Cons
Being in the right place at the right time to get a job.
Réceptionniste
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2018
Réceptionniste au deuxième étage pour la division reitmans.
Fun work place
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC14 January 2018
Checking the new items that store received
Checking the new promotions
Talking to the customers and asking their needs
Helping the customers to find their needs
Only good thing was advancement.
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT12 January 2018
Must be able to greet customers as they enter the store and go up to them right away and let them know current promotions. The staff is constantly changing. Dependent on the current sales will be how many hours you may or may not get in the span of a week.
The discount was pretty great which helps sell the product!
Most junior staff is young so the job is enjoyable. Hardest part is meeting target sales in an isolated location. The management is very poor, there is so much backbiting.
Pros
Discount
equipe dynamique
Gestionnaire (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC6 January 2018
comme une deuxième famille, j'ai beaucoup appris sur moi même en travaillant la bas
Pros
vêtements a 50%
Cons
aucun
great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
This company has treated me fairly throughout my employment. They have given me pay rises,bonuses and vacation pay throughout my time. The discount and incentives keep my there.
boring
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
first job wasn't the best experience pay was horrible no benefits job wasnts fun or enjoyable just a job to go to to make some extra cash if you are a student
Pros
work
Cons
pay
ok
Conseillère mode, marchandisage (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC29 December 2017
j'adore l'équipe!

belle ambiance de travail

emploie étudiant parfait
Pros
amitiée
Cons
heures instable
Good part time job
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 December 2017
Retail job, worked there for a holiday season. Fast paced environment with generally older women. Flexible schedules, and nice people. I would work there again.
Workpace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON15 December 2017
This was a great place to work. They took care of their employees very well. The hours were great and the people you interacted with on a daily bases were great.
The only issue working there was that the management was not willing to really work with you if you were ill.
Jai appris beaucoups de chooses chez Reitmans.
Vendeuse de vetements (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 December 2017
Jai aimer travailler dans ce magazin,Jai aussi appris beaucoups de chosses chez Reitmans.Jai vraiment aimer lambience jai aussi aimer mes colegues de travaille qui mont appris beaucoups de chosses.
Pros
pause payer
Cons
Ons est toujour debout.
Care more about staff
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
This company is a strong one and has great insight, but does not know how to treat it's staff. Moving up is difficult and there is little-no incentives for high sales.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of bond with higher management
Excelente ambiente de trabajocon posibilidad de promoción
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 November 2017
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo y muy dinámico. Excelente nivel de dirección (manager) Oportunidad de promoción y crecimiento profesional.
Pros
Seguro medico, 50% descuento en ropa
Cons
Largas horas de trabajo en visual merchandising.
Fun work place
retail manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2017
Fun workplace always busy on your feet for long periods but it goes by fast great team and great teamwork great fashion and if you like visual then this is the job for you got to love visual merchandising as well as a people person love customer service
Pros
great discounts and benefits get to travel at times different part of canada
Cons
Don't know when they gonna say bye bye to you
Excellent place to work
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 November 2017
Had an excellent time with all my coworkers and managers. I learned a lot and always felt like a valued member of the team. Enjoyed styling customers and working the floor. Hardest part of the job was leaving it, but I had to raise my family.
Customer Service
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC13 November 2017
The most enjoyable part is being able to connect with customers on a more genuine level. When you put aside the repetitive promoting, and take a moment to learn about your customer, you'll find it to be a very rewarding experience. The clientele at Reitmans can sometimes be tricky, so its important to listen and feel out the kind of customer you have. The atmosphere is always upbeat and everyones very friendly!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
i liked the job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB10 November 2017
opened store, counted cash, got things ready for the day, served customers through out the day, cleaned up what need to be done for the day, you all ways learn some thing new. management was usually on top of things for the most of it.it seem to be a friendly place all around,most of the time, For me the hardest part was remodelling the store all the time, but it was also a lot of fun. reducing prices was a task to but kept us busy.i like working there in general, lots of fun days lots of good people to meet every day.
Pros
lots of fun activities
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2017
My staff made my job enjoyable. I had a really great team at my location, everyone was comfortable working together and enjoyed working together. As a team we worked very hard at driving sales and providing exemplary customer service. My team and I established an amazing rapport with our customers. Which always had them coming back. It was sad to see our location close down.
Great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
RCL is a great company with deep rooted family values.
There is a huge focus on customer focus and doing things right.

The company is progressive and working towards being a leader in the industry, leaving a lot of room for growth within the organization!
Great Place to Work!
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montreal6 November 2017
Reitmans Canada Limited is an evolving retailer that treats their employees with respect. Working at our corporate head office and supporting our stores across Canada, I feel as though the challenges are constantly evolving and always stimulating.

The teamwork and sense of belonging is what makes coming to work such a pleasure everyday.

Would highly recommend!
Pros
teamwork, culture, sense of belonging, stimulating work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.