Reinsurance Group of America

Reinsurance Group of America Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place and good people to work with
Executive Medical Underwriter (Current Employee), Mumbai MaharashtraDecember 23, 2013
Good leraning exposure/great culture/good work life balance
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), MinneapolisNovember 19, 2013
Great place to work, no opportunity for advancement. Single point of contact for 120+ users locally as well as supporting multiple remote offices worldwide
Good work/life balance and not much pressure
Investment Department (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOSeptember 17, 2013
RGA is a very good place for insurance-related jobs. The reinsurance business is prosperous and promising and work life style is second to none, very comfortable place to work at.
Global Communications
Global Marketing Temp (Former Employee), Chesterfield MO.August 22, 2013
Working as a temp. assistant to the lead video editor and shooter was a good experience in general. I was able to gain a good understanding of the efforts involved during launching various internal communications on the global office scale. Staff was very friendly and professional.
Warm and relaxed environment with fun and welcoming people
Vacation Student Intern (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free and great coffee anytime and snacks occasionally. flexible hours. occasional celebrations.
A typical day started with a briefing meeting in the morning. The main goal was to complete the targeted work. It also involved other adhoc work.
I learned how to manage time well and how to interact with people in a professional manner.
My co-workers were very friendly, fun and welcoming. They really made me feel comfortable within the company.
The – more... hardest part of the job was to acquire missing information. There was need to make preliminary assumptions and come up with a preliminary model given that there was data missing. This proved really difficult for me because I did not have enough experience. Wrong assumptions led to ridiculous models. I had to do trial and error to come up with a reasonable model, which proved to be very time consuming.
The most enjoyable thing about the job was that it was challenging and I am a person who likes challenges. It was also gave me a good insight of the industry as I needed to know a lo of different available products. – less