Roles & Responsibilities
Job Title: Field Foreman
Reports to: Superintendent
Based at: A&H Steel, Edmonton Office
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Oversee site operations.
- Manage productivity and labor returns.
- Order and follow up on site material deliveries.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Supervise and work with teams.
- Understand blueprints, sketches, and drawings.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, and schedule the activities and other workers.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities.
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity.
- Ensure processes, policies, and procedures are being followed.
- Provide feedback and where necessary progressive discipline when workers are not following proper processes, policies, and procedures or not meeting job expectations.
- Train or arrange for training of workers.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are met on all sites.
- Review time cards to ensure hours are properly calculated and allocated.
- Obtain membership with Local 720 upon hire.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Strong team player.
- Effectively able to manage stress and stressful situations.