Regis Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Poductive and rewarding
Franchise Chain Owner (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaOctober 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Working as stylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Ottawa canadaApril 2, 2016
Dishonest greedy compqny.You cant even pay your rent unless you include the little tips too.
Cheap clients Horrible everything
Interesting place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses, trips
Cons: late nights and weekends
Conducted interviews and orientations for full-time and part-time employees
Trained new staff on company policy, procedures and corporate culture
Calculated daily and weekly totals of payroll, service and retail sales for staff
Managed inventory, purchasing & supplies analysis and ordered stock as required
Scheduled staff on a bi-weekly basis

I learned how to conduct proper interviews.
Management was very supportive and easy to work with.
I had a great team.
The hardest part of the the job was to ensure everyone was trained properly.
The most enjoyable part was the motivating the team towards a goal and seeing them enjoy the rewards after they work hard.
Bare Minimum
Hairstylist (Current Employee), OntarioMarch 2, 2015
Pros: variety of down to earth clientelle, men, women and children
Cons: low pay, no increases, bonuses, increase in vacation....ever. work every weekend. understaffed.
Regis Corp pays the bare minimum required by law with no pay increases...ever. Employed for 11 years (20+ years int he field) with exceptionally good service and I made the same as a apprentice starting out. No increases, bonuses or increase in vacation.They do offer commision which is barely achievable and only adds pennies onto your hourly rate. They do not care about retaining good staff which is frustrating to those of us who really would like to help build the company but feel that in order to ever make more than minimum wage and work every weekend of our life we have to go else ware . Hard to do with huge turnover and getting staff from the bottom of the barrel or right out of school. Salons are generally understaffed (in my area ) as no one wants to work there. There are really no up sides except that you will get a lot of experience cutting with a large variety of clientele. Men, women , children of all ages.
awswome work place great environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 27, 2012
Pros: family environment
Cons: long hours standing on your feet
very busy on a typical day but varies through out the months. The girls i worked with were amazing and very friendly. The most enjoyable part was spending time with various different types of people
Excellent locations
Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 5, 2013
Pros: trips and incentives rewarded for high achievers.
Cons: pay structure
Amazing Organization with high career growth and opportunities.
where I worked, none of the stylist got along
stylist (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 24, 2013
Pros: they bought the equipment
Cons: not enough pay for the amount of time you spend doing a good job on the clients
poor pay, too many hours, not enough breaks in the day. One if you are lucky.
My manager was great, to your face, behind your back, watch out. It's a cut throat world in these salons.
nice place to work great staff
stylist/ acting asst manager (Current Employee), abbotsford bcFebruary 12, 2012
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: low pay
I have enjoyed working here.I feel if there is something better out there for me it will come. but its been fun working here.