Regis Corporation

Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bare Minimum
Hairstylist (Current Employee), OntarioMarch 2, 2015
Pros: variety of down to earth clientelle, men, women and children
Cons: low pay, no increases, bonuses, increase in vacation....ever. work every weekend. understaffed.
Regis Corp pays the bare minimum required by law with no pay increases...ever. Employed for 11 years (20+ years int he field) with exceptionally good service and I made the same as a apprentice starting out. No increases, bonuses or increase in vacation.They do offer commision which is barely achievable and only adds pennies onto your hourly rate. They do not care about retaining good staff which is frustrating to those of us who really would like to help build the company but feel that in order to ever make more than minimum wage and work every weekend of our life we have to go else ware . Hard to do with huge turnover and getting staff from the bottom of the barrel or right out of school. Salons are generally understaffed (in my area ) as no one wants to work there. There are really no up sides except that you will get a lot of experience cutting with a large variety of clientele. Men, women , children of all ages.
Interesting place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses, trips
Cons: late nights and weekends
Conducted interviews and orientations for full-time and part-time employees
Trained new staff on company policy, procedures and corporate culture
Calculated daily and weekly totals of payroll, service and retail sales for staff
Managed inventory, purchasing & supplies analysis and ordered stock as required
Scheduled staff on a bi-weekly basis

I learned how to conduct proper interviews.
Management was very supportive and easy to work with.
I had a great team.
The hardest part of the the job was to ensure everyone was trained properly.
The most enjoyable part was the motivating the team towards a goal and seeing them enjoy the rewards after they work hard.
They care very little about their employees
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 27, 2013
They seem to have a lot of money to advertise, but they don't pay well. They don't care about employee retention at all, their attitude is if you don't like it here leave.
where I worked, none of the stylist got along
stylist (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 24, 2013
Pros: they bought the equipment
Cons: not enough pay for the amount of time you spend doing a good job on the clients
poor pay, too many hours, not enough breaks in the day. One if you are lucky.
My manager was great, to your face, behind your back, watch out. It's a cut throat world in these salons.