Regions Financial Corporation

Regions Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved my team!!!
Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: My boss gave incentives for meeting goals she knew we worked hard
Cons: none
We worked hard to obtain the goals that needed to be met on a weekly basis.. if one fell short the other would jump in and help.. Best experience I have had in the work place.
great place to work
teller III- vault teller (Current Employee), Albany GeorgiaMay 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no room for development
I have learned a great deal about customer service and customer needs. I have learned how to handle customer situations.
Until 2007 Regions was a fun workplace
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee), Wetumpka, ALMay 26, 2015
Pros: large company
Cons: management/HR
Once Regions merged with AmSouth banking changed. Regions no longer cares about the employees. They pressure everyone to meet high goals and corporate quarterly changes the payout so you may not qualify for a bonus.
Teller Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 24, 2015
very fun place to work and co worker are go to work with, love making my customers happy. their is really nothing hard about my job I love my job.
Busy work Place
Part-Time Bank Teller (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits, friendly working enviroment
Cons: short breaks
This job was pretty simple. I loved the working environment. I benefits were great as well. My co workers were friendly and very helpful.
Great Company
QA Lead (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlMay 23, 2015
This is a great company to work with whether you are full time or a contractor. Work environment is great, most people are nice and easy to talk to. If you're looking for a career then apply.
A lot of responsibilities and under paid
Teller (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 22, 2015
Pros: Incentive, holidays off and some customers
Cons: under staffed, no balance for personal life and under paid
Regions is a decent company to work for if you are a first time teller. However, they do not care about anything except for you meeting your referral goals and KDS. Any complaints you may have about the working environment are pointless to address because they will never take the time to look into it.

If you are hired for the Southwind location, be careful. It's an employee at this location that steals.

You have no work and personal life balance. If you have a young child or children, this is not the place for you. You are basically in there from sun up to sun down.
Friendly place. No bad experiences.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, holidays and weekends off, benefits.
Cons: hard to cross over into other areas of banking. limited to where/how you advance.
I have worked with Regions for 2 years. I have not had a bad experience. I have 2 wonderful bosses that care about me and my work. I have a great relationship with my coworkers.
Not good
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAMay 20, 2015
Pros: $ was ok
Cons: No Integrity for the employess
Bad experience, Bad Structure, Heavy turnover in staff. No respect and areas of growth for promotion. Many people were thrown under the bus.
Regions Bank is a retail, sales company. Do not apply unless you're a salesperson.
Full time Teller (Current Employee), MemphisMay 9, 2015
Pros: Insurance benefits, 401K (which are found in most large corporations)
Cons: High pressure sales, lack of suitable training, high turnover
A typical day for a teller includes processing customer transactions while pushing Regions products and services. Any down time is spent being coached on sales techniques. Regions encourages getting to know the customer to sell products and services and then associates are told to find ways to push those products to meet branch goals. Sales meetings are held in the morning and afternoon with check-ups throughout the day. If an associate is not meeting individual goals he can expect documented observations by management and written warnings. Unfortunately, this pressure often results in recommendation of products/services without a true regard for the customer's needs.
Another dynamic of Regions Bank is the weekly associate evaluation called KDS (Key Driver System). It's a survey created by Regions used by Gallup to evaluate an associate's customer service and knowledge. What a prospective employee primarily needs to know about KDS is this: the overall rating scale is 1 - 5 with 5 being the best. If an associate receives an overall 4 rating the percentage value assigned by Regions is 0. If, on the questions a customer is asked, the answers are a mixture of 1's - 5's an associate will receive a higher percentage score than an associate who receives all 4's from the customer (0 = 0%). Any associate, however, who receives a KDS score of less than 5 can expect to be coached and documented.

If training to learn other positions or job education is important to you Regions is not the place to work. Mandatory compliance training must be completed between customer transactions – more... primarily because branches are too short staffed to allow an associate to step away from their work area to complete the training. Any other type of training is virtually non-existent.

If being promoted from within the company for which you work is important Regions is not for you. In the time I've spent with the bank more associates have been hired from outside the company than promoted from within the company. The turnover rates are high and retention rates low.

Everything mentioned up to this point is a reflection of management. I'll let that speak for itself. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people who live in my community - my customers. The least favorable part of the job is having a teller manager who creates a team work schedule based on her needs and not those of the customers and who neglects training others because she doesn't want someone else to take credit for a job well done - very jealous and competitive. The concept of team is NOT one that is promoted. Every man for himself, go figure it out yourself.

A successful salesperson who works independently and doesn't need or want to work as a team, well, this company is especially for you. Based on what I've witnessed, when sales numbers meet and/or exceed goals, all other aspects of the job (KDS, bad accounts, balancing outages, etc) are minimized even when they fall short of goal. This company is a retail, sales environment. – less
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 5, 2015
helped with daily transaction,opening accounts, also helped with cross selling bank products. making daily deposit and withdrawals.
great company-technology
Branch Manager- Assistant VP (Current Employee), Blountstown, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: technology, products to offer customers, competitive
Cons: managers not given resources/staffing to accomplish the expectations
good company overall, technology and products are good however expectations for managers are not reasonable with the staffing model
A very nice and pleasant environment to work in.
Teller (Former Employee), Batesville, MSApril 30, 2015
Pros: Employee Appreciation Week
Cons: Under staffed and overworked at the branch in Batesville, Ms.
It was a joy to work for Regions Bank. I learned so many different skills there. they make sure that you are well trained to be able to meet the needs of the customers. I had a great Branch manger to work with he always made sure that things was going good on Teller row. Even if he had to come over and assist during the time of being short handed. The work was overloading Only because we had to do regular walk in deposits and Loomis would bring in different store deposit to be worked during business hour. so we had to really push for time as getting our work out at a timely manner. also we had over 150 night deposits to work before the Branch doors were open. But we all pulled together as a team and accomplished what was needed to be done. The most enjoyable part of being a employee at Regions was that i loved my job and i enjoyed what i did everyday.
Excellent team working culture, promotional and motivating work day
LOAN ORIGINATOR (Former Employee), Montgomery AlabamaApril 30, 2015
Very Professional and good working environment
Excellent learning and training skill set. Innovation and technological software training. Aggressive sales culture. Professional dress code.
Great working environment. Employees were awarded and lots of fun daily rewards and bonus opportunity.
Flexible Work Times
Teller (Current Employee), Granite City, ILApril 26, 2015
I input data and processed payments for insurance companies. The work environment was casual and comfortable with a great flex schedule.
Great learning experience.
Teller (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAApril 26, 2015
This company is great for learning and growing your career in the financial industry. I enjoyed my co-workers and the management is great.
Great place to work, but wages were low
Financial Sales Rep I (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 26, 2015
Pros: freindly and professional
Cons: low wages
Regions was an incredible place to work! The people were great! Company communication was good and we had great customers.
great bank
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Knowledge
Cons: none
I was a great place to work. I enjoyed every moment I was there and if i never moved then I would still be there. They make you feel like you aren't even at work some days.
very organized
Sr. Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2015
Sales and customer service was the most important part of the job. My manager trained me very well. It was great working with new people everyday.
Good place to work.
Senior SBA 7A Processor- Business Loan Center (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2015
I had longevity @ Compass Bank. I was a senior processor and team leader. I learned a lot with this company and it increased my knowledge of the banking industry. I've taken that knowledge & skill over to Regions Bank where I have furthered my career in so many ways & I look forward to a brighter future.

1 2 3 4 5