Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,167 reviews
Worked in a mortgage call center
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS16 February 2017
I worked in a call center. The automated dialer that calls out get you cussed out by "courtesy calls". Customers are allowed 14 grace days before a late charge. We were forced to call out on 3rd of each month as "courtesy reminder calls" as this was part of "incentive of 400 a month". Management was never helpful. Lack of growth. When I hired on, I was told 30000 was potential if you get you "call volume". No one ever mentioned a QA score of 90 and above with it or I'd stayed where I was. Supervisors and management showed partiality terrible.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, HR lied about money, low pay
Not too Bad
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL26 January 2017
Regions is a Goal driven company. They focus on the needs of the client and don't push products, but rather focus on what the client needs. However, the goals are very demanding and if you don't reach your goal quarterly, you are reprimanded. It may be stressful to so some who feel they are working to keep their job.
Pros
Fortune 500 Company, Great benefits, Several locations, advancement opportunities
Cons
Challenging Goals, High Expectations
Regions Bank has a lot of benefits. But no room for growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL1 February 2017
Regions Bank has a lot of benefits and I love the work environment. The workplace culture is versatile and you have to have the ability to adapt in the production environment. The only downfall is that there is not any room for growth. The supervisor don't even know you exist unless there is a problem.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Fun Atmosphere
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TN3 November 2016
Great Place to work and climb up the ladder. I worked in the call center it was a very stressful environment and procedures where constantly changing which made customers upset. Dealing with the customers can be the most challenging and the incentive/bonuses where not as lucrative as they should have been, but the pay is stable and secure. You must be a good Sales associate you don't want to be on the edge of the chair every month guessing if you will reach quota. The atmosphere is fun and there is always a contest.
Pros
Free Lunches, Potlucks, Full Benefits, All Holidays, Flexible, PTO, Vacation
Cons
High Stress, Bonuses are capped
Awful Management
COMMUNITY BANKER (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LA12 March 2017
Regional management is located in Baton Rouge which makes it hard for them to understand the sales culture of the Lafayette and surrounding area. City President did not follow thru with promises from hire date. Setting up employees for failure. Pay and benefits are awesome. However do not outweigh the stress of poor management.
Great Company with a great vision.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SC6 September 2016
I loved working for Regions. Unfortunately due to a restructure my job was eliminated and transferred to the Atlanta office. A typical day at work included completing compliance reports, memos, interviewing and helping potential new hires, helping co-workers with daily questions related to their benefits, policies, etc. Assisted the Human Resource manager with whatever she needed me to do, conduct training as needed, order supplies, participate in career fairs, follow-up with co-workers to make sure they had the Federal compliance courses completed on time. I work well with others and can work alone as well. I learned that its very important the stay organized and prioritize the daily task. My co-workers were great but one of the hardest things was being limited on the hiring process. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, having the ability to feel like I was able to help others.
Okay
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA7 March 2017
The job was not that bad, it was upper management. There were so many times the upper management did and said unethical things that went unreported. Whenever anyone would complain, you can watch out because there goes your raise. The pay is really terrible.
Pros
some good people to work with
Cons
pay, upper management
Need more technology upgrades
BSA/AML (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL24 January 2017
Having worked for another bank, I was surprised (at least for my area) the lack of technology being used. The benefits however are stellar, and hard to be matched. From I've been told, Regions is a "good old boys" bank, however I believe this culture is slowly changing. Overall, great employer if you're willing to put your hard work.
Benefits
fun workplace to work for
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL15 February 2017
little room for advancement. Salaries aren't really that competitive nationally. There is a little bit of nepotism, however it's not severe. Could do a better job with compensation.
Pros
ittle room for advancement.
Cons
ittle room for advancement.
Productive, positive, growing workplace.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN17 January 2017
At Regions, the work environment is friendly and warming. Everyone is encouraging and committed to their jobs. The employees make sure that you are well taken care of before going into work. There are great benefits and the head employees always have fun from time to time.
Pros
Free lunches, great paid holidays and vacations, meet friends for life.
Cons
Banking is serious so numbers are important.
Fast Pace
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL3 January 2017
A typical day at work is take care of customer transactions and reconcile daily reports. You learn on how to uncover customer needs by conversation and referral them to experts. Management and coworkers are pleasant to work with. Hardest part of job is goals. Enjoyable part of job is being able to help customers.
Benefits
Cons
Sales
Good staff and place to work - lots of unending pressure
Wealth Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alabama7 March 2017
Great place to work but with lots of pressure to meet goals. Management does not have a lot of patience. Good benefits and training. That said, the never-ending pressure of what have you done for me lately is the hardest part of the job.
good
Corporate Recruiter, Assistant Vice President- (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 March 2017
great company good management and footprint, flexibility and good compensation, growth opportunities with many training advancement opportunities, se company
Great place to start career
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN5 December 2016
Regions provides all of the necessary training and support to launch a successful career in the financial services industry. In addition to training, the compensation is market competitive and benefits are comparable to other Fortune 500 companies.
n/a
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL19 January 2017
Hours are great....compensation can be great if you make your goal. huge diversity in coworkers, hardest part would be trying to convince a customer that they need a product. Easiest part enjoying the customers and becoming friendly with them.
Pros
hours, coworkers
Cons
senior management
Under staffed and too much pressure
Branch Service Leader (Former Employee) –  West Point, MS19 October 2016
It's easy to move up within the company if you have a good work ethic and attitude, but there is no support if there is a problem within the workplace such as hostility or poor judgement. Management is under trained and over burdened and staff is over worked and stretched thin, to the point of personal medical issues.
Pros
Good benefits and job stability
Cons
Management and lack of intervention from HR
Ok company
Teller Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FL27 September 2016
Company gives great benefits and plenty of time off for work/life balance but you seem to get reprimanded when you actually use the time given to you. Pay was very low unless you went from bank to bank to get a higher pay, raises were not good for loyal employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
not very good management and raises/pay were very low, especially for loyal employees.
Fsr
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL27 December 2016
Very sales driven environment. This bank used to have their employees interest in mind and was a very family minded institution. This is no longer the case, very car sales like mentality. No culture,
Pros
Flexible hours, Good benefits
Cons
Sales driven, not willing to promote from within
Love Evergreen Week and great benefits
Banking Professional (Current Employee) –  Hoover, AL26 July 2016
There are several things I can say about the company as a whole both negative and positive. I think the company provides great benefits to its employers and it may be the best I've ever had. Negatively, the company doesn't provide upward movement in a timely matter. I know individuals who worked here for years and are sometimes stuck in certain positions not allowing for growth opportunities. Training can be improved. I think training can set the foundation of the employee and it can sometimes make your job harder that what it should be.
Pros
No timely advancement
Cons
Understanding of family
Love regions
Bank service leader (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LA22 January 2017
Great place to work company really focuses on core values great benefits and room for advancement i started out as just a teller and in 2 years i ended up as a teller manager

81%