Regions Bank

Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,018 reviews
Best Job I have ever had
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 3, 2016
Processing and Underwriting were solid. Turn times on files were quick and professional. I had one processor assigned to me and the lines of communication were open and efficient. Management was available to help and did not originate loans, simply managed the staff underneath them. Benefits and compensation were strong. Branch assignment was fair. It was a true team atmosphere. I have heard some things have changed for the worse since I left, but while I was there it was a great company to cut my teeth in the mortgage industry.
Pros
Processing and Underwriting, compensation, benfits
Cons
Not the highest end bank customers...
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2016
My experience with Regions has been great, though disappointing due to the multiple layoffs I have experienced over the years as an employee. Great employee morale and culture. I have gained life-long friends just by being employed there. It's an experience I will never forget.
Pros
Benefits and pleasant atmosphere to work
Cons
Job security is slim. I have been layed off twice working for them.
Great work place
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 4, 2016
Great company, Great benefits. The female teller manager and female branch manager had jealousy issues. I am just a fun friendly person. They are/were insecure women. A lot of the male customers would laugh and talk with me and bring me breakfast and they didn't receive any so they were upset. I did my job and always was in the top 5 for meeting my sales goals the entire time I was there.
If you like high pressure sales this is the place for you.
Branch Manager/Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2016
Solid company that has strayed from their mission statement. They no longer care about a customers experience nor their employees happiness. The company has become more concerned with the bottom line instead of overall satisfaction of customers and employees. The banking "relationship" the company used to pride itself on has been leveraged only if it benefits the bank. On a positive note the security department is very competent.
Strong Work/Life Balance
BSA/AML Investigator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 5, 2016
The company values strong work/life balance. Helpful/Caring Management. Low Stress. The department has placed an emphasis on continuing education and developing associates. Average Compensation.
Wealth of knowledge
Relationship Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2016
While working here I really enjoyed the first hand experience with banking. I learned and serviced a variety of customers and products from Consumer Banking, Priority Banking, Business Banking, loans, deposit accounts, credit cards, technical support, online banking, and the list goes on.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Entry level pay, bare minimum raises
Good people and company
Financial Manager - Vice President (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2016
Lots of areas to learn from coworkers. Good benefits and culture. Company puts a lot of emphasis on community involvement, even giving employees a day off with pay to work at the charity of their choice.
Unrealistic expectations
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2016
Management only looked out for themselves. Harsh environment that did not foster internal growth. Negotiates well with salary, but misuses sick/vacation time to the detriment of employees.
I worked one-on-one with each client to recommend the right products and services to save them time and/or money.
VP - Business Banker/Branch Mgr (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2016
I worked for Union Planters Bank which had just taken over Regions Bank shortly before I left. I truly enjoyed my time at Union Planters Bank.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Company before Family
Customer driven to excellent service
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGEMENT- VP/Trust Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Wonderful work environment , great co-worker and leaders.
awesome benefits.

sales, administration, management, customer services was our daily task.

I will miss my job and the people, but I have to do what is best for me.

The long commute from Lake Worth to Fort Lauderdale is not ideal.
Great company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALMarch 25, 2016
great company to work for if you are wanting to work in the banking industry. started as a head teller and was promoted to an FSR with in a year. Great benefits for medical and dental too.
it's a nice place to work
Financial Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is usually high pace and very busy. Making sure I am understanding my customer needs and asking valid question to find ways to save my customers time and money. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the customer is happy and feel comfortable about the financial decisions we make together.
Cons
Short break, salary
Overall good job some management issues
Teller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 23, 2015
I believe Regions is a great place to work, my co workers were wonderful we protected eachother. The only down fall was management seems they had people in place that only cared about numbers and not the associates or the customers.
Pros
Healthcare and 401K
Cons
Good company to work for
TRUST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Fast pace working environment
Good employee benefits
Solid company to work for
Career growth opportunity
Customer focused
Pros
Employee benefits
Better Salary needed
Teller (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2016
Great company...stable company. Pay sucks and the benefits will increase in amount you pay. Overtime is a negative. I hear you can advance but you do have to wait a year.
Pros
Stable company number of time off days are awesome!
Cons
Pay, insurance amt, no Overtime available
no chance to advance
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Regions bank became to large and was given no chance for a person to advance. Was asked to do the work or 2 but did not get a raise for doing extra work.
Goal is to create a positive customer impact
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALNovember 12, 2015
This company was customer focused and supportive management .
Diversity was also one of their great assets. Personal growth of employees was a main goal.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
percentage of raises
Opportunities available and a great work environment
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 1, 2016
Great company. Extensive training. Great leadership and fun culture. Family oriented company, diverse population of sassociates.
Pros
Close teams, good management, career opportunities
Cons
Dated processes and conservative lenders
Good Exposure
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 14, 2015
Regions is a Financial Institution with several groups within the organization.
I was working in net benefits application.
In Fidelity all the projects use Agile Process. I was working as a UI developer with all the latest technologies.
Misled
Branch Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2015
Upon being hired for this company, I was told that there was "some" customer calling and asked if that would be an issue. Of course I didn't think it would be because banks I had worked for in the past had always called customers for phone number verifications and things like being overdrawn . No. They want you to TELEMARKET products over the phone under the guise of wanting to give "advice, guidance, and education". And if you don't get at least 30 contacts in, well, that is unacceptable. They do not care about their customers. Only how much debt you can get someone in. I was flat out told by a CSM that if I think someone looks as though they can't get approved, cut the time with the customer and move them out so I can get to the next customer who looks like they will be approved. If the branch is shorthanded, most times you don't get a lunch or you have to eat in between customers if you can and you CANNOT have overtime. I was denied the ability to take my sick days for my scheduled doctor appointments. I wasn't even allowed to go to 5 doctor visits because the manager came up with various reasons for me not to be able to take off. Telling HR was like talking to a wall. More often than not, she never replied.

There is just far too many reasons not to work for this place.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else