Regions Bank Employee Reviews

I had the best branch loaction
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MS18 October 2017
On the square in Oxford, MS. Doesn't get much better. The job was fun. My first real job out of college. Boss was a bit of a micro manager. Liked my coworkers.
Productive and a fun workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FL17 October 2017
a great place to work. My branch is busy mostly on Fridays to Tuesdays. Its pretty slow on Wednesdays and Thursdays, unless it's the first week of the month where customers received their SSA, SSI, or PENSIONS.
Pros
one hour lunches mos often
Cons
short staffs
Fun, lot to learn for beginner
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TX17 October 2017
It was a good big bank to start at. You learn alot fast. They have a great training program! The benefits are reasonable. The HR department was disconnected from important employee matters.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited location advancement
Lots of hats to wear
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL17 October 2017
Multitasking in own department as well as assisting with other departments with no compensation. For this financial institution to be as large as it is, its shameful they don't pay their workers for the professionalism that is expected and delivered.
Pros
Can get overtime
Cons
Low pay
Head Teller/CSR
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR16 October 2017
I really enjoyed working at this bank. This banking institute followed all FDA regulations and was a very comfortable and professional place to work. I would highly recommend this bank.
Management out of touch
VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMERCIAL BANKING - (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 October 2017
Banking environment has evolved and Sr. Management of Regions was not able to change and stay competitive during my tenure. The culture of the bank needs to be upgraded.
Easy going workplace
Teller Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TX14 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Regions and love the professional atmosphere. My managers were always willing to provide help when needed and used constructive criticism to help better my skills.
Overnight Financial Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoover, AL13 October 2017
A typical day at work would consider answering customers calls, while managing your available time to assist them. Management is great they enjoy life.
Pros
Great Managers
A typical day at work
Financial Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Hoover, AL13 October 2017
Your day will start with a morning huddle where you will set the sales goals for the day and your commitment to those goals. When branch opens you will spend one hour making outbound phone calls, and then you will start helping clients in the lobby.
I enjoyed working in the Bank
Peak time Teller (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL12 October 2017
Regions Bank was formerly AmSouth Bank. I enjoyed working with everybody and the customers. I closed out money orders and cashier checks, counted down the cash drawers. Was a fun place to work.
Cons
Productive and exciting workplace.
Branch Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MS12 October 2017
The banking industry is always changing which is exciting, but it makes hard to have time off due to the busyness. There is opportunity to advance and learn more about what we can do for customers. This bank encourages providing the best customer experience and provides many hours of training to learn and grow. The manager I worked for was not an effective leader, which makes the workplace environment hard.
Pros
Opportunity to grow.
Cons
Hard to take time off.
Values
Branch Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Winter Springs, FL11 October 2017
Regions believes in integrity, customer service and doing what is right. Regions is an excellent company who's importance is to working in an ethical environment.
Helping a customer with Finance problems.
Safe Deposit Vault Consultant/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL11 October 2017
Verify and compute deposits of businesses and customers accounts. Assist customers in Safe Deposit Vault. Duties also included computing reports and working Finance mail room.
Pros
Always meeting and learning new experiences
Cons
Particular about advances
Sales Trumps Sound Banking Practice
Sr. Regional Operations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA10 October 2017
A bank should prioritize safety and soundness over increased sales if and when the two principals conflict. Like most big banks, Regions prioritizes sales results above all else. This is proven by the personalities of the majority of district managers. People who deliver great sales increases while tolerating risky behaviors are rewarded. Those who see a safe balance between the two usually end up getting the boot.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Little reward for demonstrating prudent business practices.
I love Banking!
Senior Teller / Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN10 October 2017
I love working in a Bank (Branch), however if your Branch Manager does not want you to go farther that him/she then that's it, NO ADVANCEMENT FOR YOU!!!
Regions is a awesome place to work!
Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville Tn9 October 2017
I absolutely love Regions. unfortunately, me and my family are relocating to Murfreesboro, Tn to be closer to family. I would love to stay with Regions, but unsure if I will be able to. This brings me to my next point. The turnover at Regions is very low. We just recently had someone retire after 63 years! That says alot about a company. I have been treated so well by management and upper management. They are always willing to coach and make us better and challenge us. This is also a very client motivated bank. They really care about how we handle clients and make sure we give an unforgettable experience! The hardest part of the job is really just learning the systems. Coming from another bank made it difficult in ways because things are very hands on at Regions The most enjoyable part is the client interaction. I love the culture of Regions.
Regions is a great company overall. One of the best company I have worked for!
Financial Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 352108 October 2017
Very busy with clients, can be stressful sometimes, but a great place to start a career, Regions is an exceptional company to work for, I am at a point in life, the stressful level of meeting sales goals is not good for me at this time in my life.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
sales goals can be stressful
Work place culture
Financial Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL7 October 2017
regions is about the client needs, but the structure in not accord of their expectations. Nevertheless, is an excellent place to learn about banking, and the trainings are awesome. It has growth opportunity. The salary is not bad, but the commissions can definitely be better.
It's a job.
Trust Operations Specialist- Retirement Services (Current Employee) –  Homewood, AL5 October 2017
Regions is a great place to work. They treat you fairly/ well. Work from 8 to 5 Monday' Friday every week. Not my much more to say about Regions Bank.
high pressure sales
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA4 October 2017
The bank was an ok place to work, the pay wasn't that good but the benefits were really good, you have to meet sales goals every week, I enjoyed being in the drive thru and helping my clients
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working saturdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.