Regions Bank

Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with advancement opprotunities
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work is one that includes many daily goals being meet and exceeded. I learn the most with the customers that I interact with through their personal financial needs. By listening to them, I am able gain a better understanding of their financial needs and assist with the best possible financial guidance. Management and my co-workers work hand in hand with getting the job done and working as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to turn my customers down who may not qualify for certain products. If they do not qualify I attempt to find solutions that would help in rectifying their financial crisis. The most enjoyable part is putting my customers mind and ease, when problems may arise.
Productive and engaging workplace with room for advancement
Teller (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 23, 2016
Perfect if you're looking for a competitive, sales-oriented workplace. I learned a lot about customer service and people skills. A lot of non-sales tasks are also included, but the workload isn't too heavy.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Extremely sales-driven, very methodic sales
Awful management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 20, 2016
I worked here for literally 2-3 weeks. The head teller was extremely rude, & the branch manager was even worse. I got in trouble for not saying "regions" 3 times in a conversation. The head teller hated it when you talked to each other. HR was awful as well. Instead of fixing a problem, they would make it worse by only hearing one side & then going with that. There had been a lot of turnover at this location....if you have so much turnover, you need to look into management!!
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
Bad management, awful work environment, drama, HR doesn't listen, too many misleadings
Good place to gain experience
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2016
This was a good place to gain experience in various areas of banking. The benefits were comparable to other banks. The pay was less than desired.
Productive and fun workplace
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Amant, LAJuly 18, 2016
Assisting customers to better understanding of their accounts and accessing better products. Balancing vault and daily cash drawer along with processing customer transactions
Teller
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 17, 2016
Great people to work with! The majority of the customers are great, too. Some days were really slow, other days were really busy. The only downfall was we always seemed shorthanded.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Reliable Company to work with
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
Typical 8am to 6pm job. Associates need to be on time everyday and be able to work long hours on your feet and handle peer pressure. Providing good customer service is number 1 and selling products of course. Short breaks throughout the day and lunch time is given. Managers keep an open door and coworkers are usually easy to work with. workload sometimes get overwhelming with short deadlines but feasible at best. Willingness to travel to different branches and do presentation at multiple businesses.
Pros
reliable company
Cons
short deadlines/travel
Great workplace
Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2016
A great place to work. Very family oriented, and a place where they reward their workers and not just to work them to the bone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough advancements
productive but slow work place.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 13, 2016
Financial Service Representative (Personal Banker) at Regions Bank. My primary duties was to help my clients with opening checking and savings accounts, sell loans, annuities and certificate of deposits. And various kinds of financial products to help my clients’ needs for growing their businesses, personal expenditures, and family planning. This job also required having excellent communication and presentation skills with prospective and existing customers to open accounts, purchase loans, Certificate of Deposits, and Annuities.
Pros
Excellent benefits and working with people
Cons
slow paced
Don't even bother.
Branch Service Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 12, 2016
No opportunity for advancement. Management only promotes from within if they like you. They work you to death and don't send any help.
Great Company to work for
Vice President (Current Employee) –  GAJuly 12, 2016
Great company, good leadership. Great opportunity for advancement when starting at the teller level, not so much when looking to move into Senior Management.
Decent job, didnt love it
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 11, 2016
A typical day would be doing deposits for businesses from the night before, deposits and withdrawals throughout the day, selling money orders/cashiers checks,balancing your drawer and running payments for mortgages/loans. I learned a lot about banking that i didn't know, and i realized bank tellers do a lot more than most people probably realize. I really like the coworkers. My experience may be different because i started out with no manager, and my mentor quit after i was there for 3 weeks. The computers went down the first week i was on the line, and i was immediately hounded about referrals my second week. Those things probably contributed a lot for me not enjoying it from the start. The hardest part for me is referrals. If you are not into sales and don't like being a salesman then its not for you. I think they are too demanding on their referral goals. The most enjoyable part is the people. Some people make it really enjoyable talking to and helping them. To me its not personal enough i come from a background in hair-styling which is much more intimate. Some people are really rude and impatient. Sometimes there is alot of double standards (doing things for certain customers that you dont for others) i understand they want good customer relationships i just think rules should apply to everyone no matter what because when you start new and dont know customers they get mad when you dont know that so and so does this or that for them.
Pros
Steady Hours, Benefits, Decent hourly wage, pto, paid holidays and sick time
Cons
Demanding referral goals, stressful at times, super slow or super busy, working saturdays
Bank of America
Operations Manager/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2016
I loved working for the company. I left because the company does not promote from within first, the company will bring in new people to be trained. The divisional operations team was not supportive.
A good bank to work for
Sales Manager / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 11, 2016
Their is a real attempt to create a friendly atmosphere in a corporate setting. Each branch of the bank has its own individual personality.
Bad management very very bad management
Mortgage Development business Call Rep (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 9, 2016
I just put in my 2 week notice from this exact position. The Manager will interview you and tell you anything to get you in the door and once your there. Your just numbers to her. She has no consideration for her employees and there their lives and family. Typical day consist of, get there go AVAILABLE (answer phones) then call customers that have had their credit pulled by other lenders and ask if whats going on and tell them anything to refinance them they Regions. (These people are already fed up of REGIONS so your call is not welcomed) Pretty much you have to get as many people to refinance and no amount of applications is ever enough to be appreciated..
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
They don't valued employees.
Very systematic workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 8, 2016
The workplace is very consistent with its day to day operations. My coworkers were very helpful and informative. Once the process was learned it was a walk in the park majority days.
Pros
Prompt trainings for new products and procedures.
Cons
Busy rush hours can exhaust you and cause for mistakes to happen.
Great
acquisition clerk (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 7, 2016
Regions is all about what you make it out to do. If you work hard and learn more the more important you will feel and be. You have to stay on your toes but its better than being somewhere else.
Compliance/Regulatory skills enhanced
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
In my previous places of employment, risk, especially the mitigation of risks was a part of the overall strategy; however, at Regions, it is engraved into the culture of management personnel.

I learned that progressive organizations do not leave risk to chance but have a evolving strategy to lessen any adverse financial/reputational impact.
Pros
Nice lunchroom.
Cons
No depth in Collections knowledge
Decent company
Lead BUR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 6, 2016
very stable company. advancements are possible after several years. You can find a lot of good, hard working co-workers at Region.
Great job with high incentives
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 5, 2016
They are an ever growing bank and can really compete with other large banks still to this day. They treat their employees very good and they have great incentive programs. It is a great place to start out with an entry level position and move up as far as you are capable.
Pros
Great incentives even in the lower positions
Cons
Sales goals are sometimes hard to meet