Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,194 reviews
Bsl
Branch Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR25 April 2017
Regions is a good place to work and I enjoyed my time there. Management at my location was not all that great. It is hard to go to work where you do not feel like management cares about you. The goals are very very high.
Unreasonable Sales
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA25 April 2017
It is very much a corporate bank in that your job depends on how well you meet your sales goals. If you meet your goal one quarter it will inevitably be raised the next.
Fast paced
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Athens, TN21 April 2017
A typical banking day with waiting on customers. I learned alot of management skills, I managed a teller row of seven people. I learned how to manage my time. The hardest part was the companies demands but I adjusted very well. I love to work with the public and help people with there needs.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short staffed alot
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Manager of Wholesale/Retail Lockbox Department (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA20 April 2017
Started working at Regions (Formally First and Merchants) in 1975 and found it enjoyable. In my stay at Regions I moved throughout check processing department.
The customers were enjoyable to interact with, but the management put quite a great deal of pressure on obtaining referrals.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN20 April 2017
Regions was not my favorite place of employment. The management placed excessive pressure on the Tellers to get referrals for them to sell services to the customers, some of which could little afford them.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Too much pressure for referrals
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL19 April 2017
I worked for Regions for 15 years and loved it. I had many opportunity to advance in my career. I would recommend Regions Bank to anyone looking for a career in the financial industry.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IA18 April 2017
8:30 to 5 Monday through Friday was nice. 8:30 to noon on Saturdays was manageable. Enjoyed meeting many new people from all walks of life. Office drama like every
Good learning environment and workplace culture
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX14 April 2017
Went into the position with no bank experience and was able to learn quickly thanks to management. Workplace culture depends on the branch you are located at. I personally love my team, managers, and customers at my location.
Great Bank to work for
Teller Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX12 April 2017
Great culture and strong mission values. Every position at this bank is essential for day to day operations, which makes you feel valuable and appreciated.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Short Staffed
Loved this job and the banker hours
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR10 April 2017
I only worked around 30-35 hours a week. The hours were great and I got to wear jeans every day. I loved my boss. Not sure what I was thinking when left.
Pros
bankers hours and all the good holidays
Cons
If you made an error they took it out of your check-luckily I never made an error.
Financially empowering the community
Assist Branch Mgr / Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA8 April 2017
Educating, advising and empowering the community and business . Managing staff to growth and progress. Working closely with direct supervisors and training to advance to the next level of leadership
Pros
Incentives, paid vacations and sick days
Cons
Extensive hours and extreme sales
Effective
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN7 April 2017
There was more pressure in sales on the teller end of the position. The clients were reluctant to take advise from the Teller making it hard to meet the quote for sales for the month.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
7am to 5pm
Family oriented company
Executive Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL5 April 2017
I have had great experiences with Regions in the past 10 years that I have worked there. They have opportunities for advancement throughout the company.
benefits
Always something new to learn
Banker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL5 April 2017
Non-stop calls from many individuals asking anything from a simple question, to a complex question that you needed to ask someone else for help as well. Great environment managers and supervisors cared about their employees very much. A lot of room for growth.
low staffing and not valuing hardworkers is causing the market to go downhill fast and low morale
Banker (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AL3 April 2017
Dealing with customer issues and processing application for credit. Giving out balances and discussing account information and opening accounts. Trainings and staying current with banking policies and procedures. Opening accounts mostly
Lots of Opportunites
Senior Teller Specialist/Head Teller/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FL1 April 2017
They have a lot of advancement opportunities, good working conditions. Flexible hours, good vacation options, very up to date computer software and equipment.
na
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN1 April 2017
It's a decent company. Just too slow paced for someone who is use to a being busy in their position. All the days off are GREAT. Training is almost TOO much.
Small Bank Environment w/ Sales Goals
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA30 March 2017
There are daily huddles to set the tone and expectations for each day. You must reach out to customers on a daily basis for a financial review or to try and set appointments. Assist customers with any financial transactions or concerns. The atmosphere will vary from branch to branch, but I feel that my branch has a family environment. There are reports and reconcilements to be completed and monitored daily. The hardest part of the job is the challenges with getting loans approved in my area. The most enjoyable part of the job is my teammates and customers.
Pros
culture & mission, small bank feel
Cons
Staff, incentive expectations
Teller (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LA30 March 2017
Great place to work. Great atmosphere. Help you in the beginning with all of the training and help you when you need it. Overall great place and great staff.
Not the best environment for growth
fss (Current Employee) –  new orleans29 March 2017
Poor management
poor coaching and development
very poor rate of pay
no positive feedback but plenty of critique
lack of opportunity for advancement here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval