Regions Bank Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my job.
Relationship Manager - Institutional Trust (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 December 2017
I loved everything about this job. I had autonomy to do my own thing within the parameters of the company by-laws. It was a lot of work, but I was able to get everything done every day and very rarely took work home with me.
Looking to Do More
Underwriter, SBA Department Custom Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hoover, AL7 December 2017
Regions is a fast paced environment, that practices an open door policy. I would definitely recommend as a place to work. I am just looking to advance my knowledge further on different areas of banking and finance. Hopefully that will be with Regions. If not, I am open to considering opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Company Culture, teamwork atmosphere
Cons
company advancement
Enjoyed meeting customers
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FL5 December 2017
The market for finance has become very aggressive. There were times that was not necessary actions to take on a customer when funds are available for financial decisions.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Aggressive Market
Stressful place with poor management
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL5 December 2017
Working at Regions bank was not a good experience. For such a large bank it is very unorganized and it feels like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
Cons
Unorganized, Stressful, Short Staffed, Poor Higher Management
Good place to work. Very stressful
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TN5 December 2017
Every day is very stressful. Never ending flow of customers and increasing productivity goals.Goals set that are impossible to meet. Also amount of responsibility does not equate pay.
Fun and Career Advancing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL5 December 2017
During the tenor at Regions, I gained a lot of knowledgeable information while at Regions. The environment was great and the members were fun and great to work with
Productive and a great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN5 December 2017
Regions Bank offers many opportunities to advance your career. There are many avenues available to have continued success with the organization. The benefits are average with discounts given to employees for bank products.
the job itself as a teller was fun i enjoyed it but management wasnt great
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Lone Oak, KY4 December 2017
I enjoyed what I did there as a Teller. Meeting new people every day was fun. County money and keeping up with transactions was enjoyable too. The management there was the issue at the time.
Pros
insurance
Cons
bad management
Branch Team Leader
Branch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Consumer Branch3 December 2017
A career at Regions Bank is something to be proud of. There is no perfect corporate job, and Regions Bank is no exception. I did enjoy my direct management staff, but I did feel like there was a disconnect with the senior level managers. The goals that are set for each associate are attainable, but to receive compensation, you must hit your threshold. The difficulty of hitting threshold varies based on your branch location. I would recommend applying at Regions Bank.
loved the company
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN2 December 2017
coming into work helping customers getting work done for the day and going home. culture is great, management is always different branch to branch. pay is not great
Stress
Commercial Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Osceola, AR1 December 2017
Its an extremely stressful job. Constant work, with little to no time between customers. Hope you have a bladder of steel, because you will need it. Management is incompetent at best.
Good place trowork if your sales oriented and have good customer service skills
Branch Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, IN30 November 2017
Very rewarding if you are good at selling and are personable. If you are lacking in this skill set they will train you and invest in you. The hardest part is getting out of your comfort zone and learning what works when approaching people about product expanding services.
Pros
Compensaiton. Management.
Cons
Promotes externally
Nice Company to work for.
Contact Center Specialty Professional (Former Employee) –  Hoover, AL28 November 2017
I got to learn something everyday about the banking industry.
And regions really care about there employees. And you will learn how to work different software.
Pros
Nice fun company and you get all of your hours.
Cons
Sometime stressful.
Nice
Branch Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FL28 November 2017
Great people and great opportunities to move up if you have the right management. I enjoyed my time there and I miss all the wonderful people I met along the way.
Great Management
Personal Banker/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL27 November 2017
Best Manager I ever had she was very involved with her employees and made us feel we were always able to talk to her about anything very caring and great work place.
Pros
Co Workers were amazing
Cons
Pay for advancement wasnt much
Great work
Business Banking Manager - East Commercial (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL27 November 2017
Great company to work for, leadership team was very supportive and provided a great, great life work balance, pay was not so good the compensation plan was weak
Pros
Hours and work life balance
Cons
Compensation plan
Waiting to see upcoming changes
TELLER SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  AL26 November 2017
The bank is expecting to see changes in the next few months. The branch I work at has had a lot of turn over which has resulted in an increase workload for the remaining bankers and tellers with no additional compensation.
Poor management and supervisor
Bank Statement Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL26 November 2017
I work for this company for 17 years and they let me go for a supervisor called me a BOY and curse me out. This company don't care about there employee. They let the ones who kiss up to them do anything. They sleep on the job for the whole shift and send people statement out any kinda way or send wrong statement to customers.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor supervisor. The whole company is a scam.
Overall Good Place to Work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GA26 November 2017
Regions is overall a good place to work. However, working with the public in a financial institution can be extremely stressful at times. Regions does do an excellent job of training you and support can usually be found in your coworkers and weekly corporate communications.
I do think Regions could update their pay scale. It doesn't seem to be in line with other financial institutions I am familiar with.
One other issue I am aware of, is not all managers are meant to be managers. I have had to deal with some that are just not suited for the job. ie: no support, shows favoritism, lack of work ethic. However it has only been one or two. Most I have had to pleasure to work with have been extremely good at their jobs.
In closing Regions has a strong ethical company culture, and I consider myself lucky to be employed by them.
Pros
Great hours, Great Benefits, Excellent training. Ethical company culture.
Cons
Poor pay, limited raises, some poor managers.
Typical banking experience
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TX25 November 2017
This was a typical banking experience with the expansion of adding insurance and other such "sales type promotions" in order to grow their business...
Pros
Excellent benefits and room for growth
Cons
Didn't really see any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.