Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,283 reviews
Mortgage Underwriter
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL21 June 2017
The demands are too high compared to the system constraints. It's basically manual underwriting and inputting your manual conditions into the system one by one. The guidelines are either outdated, don't pull up, or just not followed. The decisions made by upper management clearly indicate lack of understanding and sales rules here...even over quality.
Pros
Cons
Low pay and bonus structure for a government underwriter, 1 week of vacation
fast pace
TeleBanking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL20 June 2017
I worked In the call center and a fast pace environment. Lots of time on the phone helping customers with their accounts .Points deductions for long calls. 100 plus calls a day
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
not fond of the penalties you get for long calls with customers
Clients are a number, not a name
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 June 2017
Many after hours call sessions if branch is not achieving goals
Training was rushed, due to turnover.
Bank is based out of Birmingham Al, and is too far removed from Indiana to understand what is truly going on.
Pros
great tools to be successful
Cons
Turn over, Ops Focus too much with sales approach
bad management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LA 7004319 June 2017
left due to bad management. lots of layoffs while i was there. new manager was replacing the old staff with employees that she wanted. it was a very hostile environment.
A typical day at work
Universal Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TN18 June 2017
A typical day working in the local branches are very demanding of physical and mental energy. There is not much room for work life balance because of the limited staffing which does not give much room for an individual to balance, address, or plan for various areas that impact their outside life. The roles of tellers are not limited to transactions but also include high demands for sales performance. And pay and performance grades are survey focused.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
one lunch break no other breaks for 8 hour shifts
Ehhhhhhh
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TX 7577718 June 2017
Would not make a career here get experience and leave because the pay isn't great. constant hovering every week for a observation. Pay makes you not want to work there
Nashville, TN
Private Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TN15 June 2017
All the mergers with this company has ruined this company way too corporate! Never appreciated their employees. Was a great place to work before all the mergers happened.
Great
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tennessee15 June 2017
Great group of people to work with! Benefits and paid holidays are wonderful. The branch I am at maintains a very friendly and warm atmosphere. Wonderful!
It was a lot of red tape.
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL15 June 2017
The company stifled you with numbers to meet. More number driven than employee driven. I hope it gets back to what it use to be.l I use to like the place.
Disorganized
Customer Service Associate (New Accounts) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL14 June 2017
No one seems to able to give a direct answer to a question. The environment in the contact center is definitely an us vs. them attitude when it comes to the branches. Customers are consistently give incorrect information and upper management is definitely lacking. There is a good work/life balance but it doesn't do much good because the pay is terrible. They like to tell you they promote from within but it's all a lie. Sales goals are constantly changing and have recently become unattainable, making it difficult to make any personal financial decisions.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, leadership
regions
Consumer Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL14 June 2017
They seriously need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do not know how to treat their people. They under pay their people and severely over work them. They hold them to unrealistic goals which brings a lot of pressure and strain on work life and home life. Overall they are not a good company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL14 June 2017
I love this company! Regions is a place to learn and grow. I walk in this building every morning with a smile on my face - ready to get to work. I enjoy all of my co-workers and managers.
Terrible management
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FL14 June 2017
The management in particularly in the Jacksonville area is absolutely terrible. In less than a year almost the entire staff resigned from the St Augustine branch location due to the Branch and Regional Managers.
Pros
bank hours
Cons
Terrible management in Jacksonville, FL area
Banking
Clerical Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL14 June 2017
I started at this company not knowing anything about banking and after a short five years had a tremendous knowledge of how it all worked. I am very thankful for my time there.
Stressful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TN13 June 2017
Not enough pay for what you handle daily and needed more to take care of my child and myself. Employees weren't that bad and I did like meeting a lot of new people.
Good starting place...
Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 June 2017
Banking in general is a good starting place if you're wanting to gain professional knowledge, however, being a banker isn't what it used to be and it is a sales position. This is not limited to Regions, however, there is still a push to sell banking products to customers.
Steady Job with fun co-workers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pelham, AL12 June 2017
Make transactions, try to tell customers about new products and services, try to meet sales goals, count daily business deposits, wait on customers and tend to their needs, attend weekly AM meetings to discuss goals.
The workplace was great as far as trying to help my customers. I did not like trying to sell my customers products that they already had or did not want from previous conversations.

Co-workers were friendly. Management was very helpful
Pros
Got to meet new peopleand converse with them daily
Cons
Pressuring customers into new products
Fantastic place to learn and gro
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 June 2017
Fantastic place to work. Where your team and leaders truly do care about you. Working in the financial world is tough, but somehow Regions knows what it takes to make it an enjoyable place to grow your career. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. I would still work there if there footprint included the Pacific Northwest.
Pros
Fantastic People, Benefits and a great place to enjoy life
Cons
Not in Washington State
Stressful
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL9 June 2017
Great company but pay and benefits could be better. Focus is mainly on selling but it is a sales job so its what you would expect. The job itself can be very stressful with the sales goals.
Worked there when it was AmSouth up until merger
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL8 June 2017
I enjoyed AmSouth Bank. There was plenty of opportunity for advancement and learning. There was a lot of pressure to hit numbers but the team was supportive and helped motivate each to hit their mark.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.