Regions Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Regions Bank is a retail, sales company. Do not apply unless you're a salesperson.
Full time Teller (Current Employee), MemphisMay 9, 2015
Pros: Insurance benefits, 401K (which are found in most large corporations)
Cons: High pressure sales, lack of suitable training, high turnover
A typical day for a teller includes processing customer transactions while pushing Regions products and services. Any down time is spent being coached on sales techniques. Regions encourages getting to know the customer to sell products and services and then associates are told to find ways to push those products to meet branch goals. Sales meetings are held in the morning and afternoon with check-ups throughout the day. If an associate is not meeting individual goals he can expect documented observations by management and written warnings. Unfortunately, this pressure often results in recommendation of products/services without a true regard for the customer's needs.
Another dynamic of Regions Bank is the weekly associate evaluation called KDS (Key Driver System). It's a survey created by Regions used by Gallup to evaluate an associate's customer service and knowledge. What a prospective employee primarily needs to know about KDS is this: the overall rating scale is 1 - 5 with 5 being the best. If an associate receives an overall 4 rating the percentage value assigned by Regions is 0. If, on the questions a customer is asked, the answers are a mixture of 1's - 5's an associate will receive a higher percentage score than an associate who receives all 4's from the customer (0 = 0%). Any associate, however, who receives a KDS score of less than 5 can expect to be coached and documented.

If training to learn other positions or job education is important to you Regions is not the place to work. Mandatory compliance training must be completed between customer transactions – more... primarily because branches are too short staffed to allow an associate to step away from their work area to complete the training. Any other type of training is virtually non-existent.

If being promoted from within the company for which you work is important Regions is not for you. In the time I've spent with the bank more associates have been hired from outside the company than promoted from within the company. The turnover rates are high and retention rates low.

Everything mentioned up to this point is a reflection of management. I'll let that speak for itself. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people who live in my community - my customers. The least favorable part of the job is having a teller manager who creates a team work schedule based on her needs and not those of the customers and who neglects training others because she doesn't want someone else to take credit for a job well done - very jealous and competitive. The concept of team is NOT one that is promoted. Every man for himself, go figure it out yourself.

A successful salesperson who works independently and doesn't need or want to work as a team, well, this company is especially for you. Based on what I've witnessed, when sales numbers meet and/or exceed goals, all other aspects of the job (KDS, bad accounts, balancing outages, etc) are minimized even when they fall short of goal. This company is a retail, sales environment. – less
Regions Bank is an outstanding bank with a great culture that offers exceptional customer service.
Production Sales Manager, Regions Mortgage (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2014
Although my work experience has been in the Banking Industry, I believe this experience has prepared me well for a similar position within many organizations as I am very accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and have extensive experience dealing with and assisting the public and corporate clients.

• Supervisory and training experience -- I have 10+ years' experience supervising others. I routinely supervised 15 customer service representatives. I set their work schedules, maintained employee records, completed employee performance reviews, trained new employees, and developed training improvement programs as necessary. Overall, I trained approximately 100 new employees during my career.
• Ability to multi-task -- More than one supervisor has told me that he/she appreciates the fact that I am a quick learner and excellent worker. I know how to prioritize job assignments, work independently and resolve problems on my own. I am very organized and detail-oriented and can find effective solutions to get the job done. For example, as my resume indicates, I was able to handle a significant increase in workload during a corporate merger without having to hire additional help or suffering a decrease in productivity.
• Excellent communication skills -- I have extensive experience dealing with the public since I have worked in the customer service industry for 20+ years. In my current position, I am in charge of maintaining good relationships with 125 corporate clients. This requires interaction with customers on a daily basis, often assisting them to resolve problems and – more... conflicts regarding their services and products placed with our company. Throughout my career, I have often had to deal with irate and angry customers and clients. From experience, I have learned how to smooth their ruffled feathers with tact so that good relations can be maintained. – less
Use Caution
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: no ethics or morals, always negative feedback, super stressful
The hardest part of my job was constantly having to fight with my conscience every day. Regions is a company that is out for the all mighty dollar, regardless of how it may impact the employees and more importantly, the customers. When Regions bank finally realizes that the company wouldn't be in existence or thrive if it were not for the low man on the totem pole within the company and its customers, at that point, it would be a great place to work. Until then, prepare to be trained on how to deliver "Bad News With A Smile!" (because we cant always fix the issue but we can provide good customer service) and to "Fake It Until You Make It!" (because you may not know what you are talking about because the training sucks, but make sure you at least sound like you do. customers getting different answers from several associates is a common issue) and my personal favorite "Do The Right Thing"(because that's what Regions with the overdraft fees. smh) As a call center rep, we go through 5 weeks of training to learn how overdraft fees are applied to accounts and most reps don't fully understand how it works until they have been answering calls for 2-3 months. However, once a customer has opened their account and signed the paperwork, they are automatically expected to know how it works and there is no compassion or help for these people who were not properly educated on Regions policy and procedures. There is no documentation program an not all calls are recorded so if someone tells a customer something, there is no proof and the customer is made out to be a liar. But I guess if there – more... is no proof, Regions can't be held accountable and therefore less legal issues..... – less
Contact Center Professional
Contact Center Professional (Former Employee), Cordova,TNSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Evergreen Week, Has a on site Cafe, Gym and Lake, Employee Moral
Cons: Lack of Consistency(Managers) Low Pay, Parking, Taxed Incentive's Checks
The training focuses heavily on customer service but after training is completed sales are greatly emphasized on the floor. The supervisiors listen to phone calls, perform 1 on 1s and literally jump down your thoarts to meet sales goals. You are written up if you do not meet a certain thereshold, in which your sales points are based on the customer's actions(ie if you get a credit card application you will not receive sales points unless the customer uses the card, not activate but USE). The team leaders and managers are inconsistent with policy and they tell employees personal business to one another.If you love to sell to customers who already have no funds in there accounts(alot of overdraft refund request)and wait until the end of the month for a taxed "incentive" check then this job is for you. The contact center also has an terrible inclement weather policy... If you call in during bad weather you are forced to use vacation time or sick time instead having the option of not been paid for the day. Phone codes are tracked and you can get docked for being a minute late no exceptions.All Ims and screen usage are recorded as well.Starting pay is not based upon experience and low annual raised are giving depending on how your team leader thinks you performed.Many tenture associates(5-10 yrs) are in their same starting postions, they give a lot of promotions but up to a certain level(Team Leader is about the highest you will ever get) most opportunities are located in Birmingham(headquarters) or Penscola. Good stepping stone job. Good Luck!
Head teller
Head Teller (Former Employee), Robinson, ILOctober 19, 2014
Head Teller for Regions Bank
Robinson Illinois
Cash checks after ensuring that signature are verified
• Receive checks and post entries into correct accounts
• Manage balancing duties to currency, coins and checks
• Verify dates on incoming checks
• Ensure that customers’ loan information is processed and maintained appropriately
• Receive cash from armored cars and count and verify cash
• Verify cashier’s checks
• Sort, file and record deposit slips
• Manage bank vaults to ensure correct cash balances
• Provide information to clients regarding bank services
• Manage specialized services such as checking and savings accounts
• Resolve discrepancies in accounts
• Provide account balance information to clients
• Accept and process loan payments
• Transfer funds at the request of clients
• Ensure that the cash drawer is balanced and maintained at all times
• Endeavour to cross sell bank’s products
• Open and close checking and savings accounts
• Perform end of the day recap of money and bank slips
• Take advantage of sales opportunities to attract new customers
• Post all cash and credit card entries into the database
• Organize and restock workstation with supplies
• Sell savings bonds and traveler’s checks
• Stamp receipts and verify that the customer is who he or she claims to be
• Compare signatures, photos and ID to verify customers

Accomplishments – I was promoted to Vault teller after working for 8 months as a teller, then promoted to Head teller where I was in charge of the tellers cash drawers for audits and all the tellers schedules.
Reason for leaving : Moved to Oklahoma – more... for a job opportunity for my husband. – less
Very stressful and too much work for little pay
Branch Service Leader (Former Employee), Jackson, msDecember 12, 2012
Pros: hour lunch break off on weekends
Cons: too much much work, understaff, write ups, unrealistic expectations, slow to advancements, always hiring because of high staff turnovers
I don't usually do reviews but I definitely had to take out the time for this particular position. Most people that mentioned this company is awesome may have worked at smaller branches that only serviced low volume of customers. I worked at one of the busiest branches here in local Jackson area of Ms. I have never worked so hard and never been so stressed in my life. I actually left and took a pay cut. I was only making $25,000. Pressure is placed on you when your staff meets less expectations. You are not expected to make mistakes. Regions is big on customer service and performs many random calls to customers on recent visits to the branch. Some customers may not even like your service and you may have done your very best. You will get a low customer service score. You will get chewed out for this. Regions is also big on meeting quarterly sales. There have been days where some staff members were in meeting, on vacation, or absent because of sickness and I remember the times where I ran both drive thru and front window during busy times and sometimes all day none stop. Not only that but while u r running the line, you are expected to finish a lot of paperwork. I really can go on and on. But I wouldn't dare go back to this position unless they start me with no less than $40,000.00. Other than that stay away from this job.

December 21, 2012

I was a Branch Service Leader as well.... It was the worst job ever!! The paper work you have to do...CRAZY!!! This is 2012 they need a better system, and the goals OMG!! HORRIBLE!!!

Regions can do better
ASSISTANT VP (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: large bank, known in the community
Cons: low compensation, broken processes and procedures
Regions is a regional bank. They are one of the better organization headquartered in the south, but where they score low is innovation planning and compensation. They simply do not think or plan systems and products from end to end. The teller will use one system, the loan officers another, lending two to three systems, and Collections, Special Assets and Recovery each use there own system. Critical information is lost with each transition.

Innovation scares them. The thought of throwing out all the old for something new and more efficient is met with discussion of cost and who would be brave enough to champion these changes to executive management. Officers carry bulky, old laptops with dysfunctional access when a iPad would do and the company is spending millions on leased office space when working from home and other creative solutions could be used.

Compensation is what's on the minds of all the employees and the saying around the company is "you better get it up front or you won't get it", and shortly after the conversation is "it's a shame you have to leave and come back to get adequately compensated". It's no doubt that Regions has employed some of the brightest minds but they can't retain them because promotions are few, title are offered without any monetary increase and increased responsibility and stressful workloads are given without the mention of compensation.
worst company ever!!!! do not apply!!!
Wholesale Lockbox Processor (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMarch 14, 2013
Pros: a paycheck slightly better than unemployment compensation
Cons: management, parking, breaks, attitudes, no work/life balance, no advancement
I worked for Regions for a year. My annual performance reivew was excellent/proficient and how was I compensated? With a 1.5% pay increase!!! That was a total slap in the face!! You will be micromanaged with someone constantly looking over your shoulder. There is a lot of inapproapriate behaviour between male and female manager. Brown-nosing will get you nowhere at this company. Unless you are management, you do not matter. You will be told you need to present an obituary if you have death in the family. You will be followed to the restroom. You will be written up for no reason if you try to transfer to another department, hence, hindering your transfer. Take a look at this job posting, for example, an entire shift was laid off a month ago. Instead of recalling laid off workers, they are hiring new ones and temporary workers. Yea, Regions really care about employees. You must work in silence...no talking unless you are on your break. Uh, excuse me? That last time I checked, I was an ADULT!!! You are threatened everyday with losing your job. Gave me high blood pressure which was never an issue before working there. They have no core values and are downright evil!!!! I'm glad I never have to work for them again!!!!
If you enjoy counting money, helping others, and down to earth people, then this is the place!
Teller (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2013
Pros: great working enviroment, bonuses, free lunches, vacations, sick time, etc..
A typical day at Regions Bank is that we make it to work around 8am and we begin preparing the branch for opening. Under dual control we open all the vaults and we all prepare our teller windows for when it's time to open. We open our branch at 9am and our customers are normally already lined up at the doors waiting for us to open.. There are very few days where we are not busy.One of my greatest reasons for enjoying my job is because I feel that I have one of the greatest managers in the world. She is very understanding and so loving. My manager and my co-workers make such a great team because we all know our jobs and we do our jobs. We are one of the top branches in South Louisiana. The most enjoyable part of my job is laughing and joking with my co-workers. I've had jobs in the past and it's hard to find employees with different personalities to get along so well. Also, I enjoy counting money and meeting new people. I love going out of my way for my customers. I always put myself in the other persons shoes and my heart goes out to them. There are times I may go above and beyond the call of duty. Because I have so much love for people and I wholeheartedly enjoy my job, I honestly can't find anything hard about my job..
Great Company
Branch Service Leader (Former Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 14, 2012
Pros: good hours, paid vacation time, paid holidays
Regions is a great company to work for. I enjoyed the last 7 years that I worked there. They have a great management team that is very supportive. The hours are great with great benefits as well. Regions did not fit into my increasing need to learn new things so I became bored in my routine.

Working as a teller is a lot more work than one would think. There is a lot of regulations that you must follow, and can have a lot of paperwork involved. We would do our best to meet the financial needs of our customers, which is one of the most rewarding experiences someone can have because you can make a difference in their financial lives. The sales culture is very competitive, which can be a drawback for some, but if you learn that you are making a difference, then it isn't so bad.

Management both inside and outside the branch are wonderful. They will do their best in making sure that you are satisfied with your job.

My co-workers are wonderful. They will do anything to help you out, and are completely understanding when you have situations arise. They will work with you and help you as long as you show them the same courtesy.

The thing I liked the most is the family-like atmosphere. I could tell my co-workers anything which most times is a comfort to not have to keep everything bottled up.
The worst job ever!!!!
Teller (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 24, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and off on weekends
Cons: expensive health coverage, terrible management, unrealistic goals, selling products you wouldn't recommend to family/friends
A typical day at work consists of management telling you to reach unrealistic goals, my head teller was always so stressed out, she was starting to take it out on employees and that's what led to me resigning.What I learned is that you can't sell products that will end up costing customers more in fees, and Regions basically wants you to do just that!If you cannot sell, don't work here.Even if you meet your goals,it's not guaranteed you will get anything for all your hard work. My co-workers were pretty fun (when the management team didn't stress us the hell out). I didn't like their managing skills. I worked for First National Bank in Texas and I never had a write up or meetings with managers like I did at regions. It was all just a "big me, little you" job. The hardest part of the job...is actually enjoying it...it's way too stressful and the managers didn't set good examples. They would give attitude when it came to customers and that was just unprofessional.The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of my customers and building relationships with them. Overall, I can honestly say that it was a lesson learned...working for Regions showed me that I deserve so much better!!!!
Great place
Teller 3 & Vault Teller (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 17, 2013
Pros: benefits, great environment
Cons: short breaks
When I first started working at Regions I had no banking experience. I started as a part time teller but after 6 months I was given the option to become full time, which I did. Shortly after I was given the
responsibility of being the ATM Teller. Has the ATM teller I was in charge of pulling out the ATM deposits and processing the transactions. After 3 years of being the ATM teller I was given the Vault. As a Vault teller I have to make sure the money the tellers sell to vault is sold properly (not over or short money in the straps). Every Friday I have to order money before the cut off time. If I don't we get points taken off our audit grading, even if you don't have to order you must sign into the shipment site.

The best part about working for Regions are the customers. You do see a few customers here and there that are difficult but the majority of the customers are great. You know you are providing excellent customer service when the customer just stops by to say hello and bring you a treat. Knowing your customers and their needs plays a really big part, hence why I receive outstanding customer service scores.

I work with a bunch of great co workers. We help each other succeed with whatever task is thrown our way. The managers are reasonable and compassionate.
Misled
Branch Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Everything else
Upon being hired for this company, I was told that there was "some" customer calling and asked if that would be an issue. Of course I didn't think it would be because banks I had worked for in the past had always called customers for phone number verifications and things like being overdrawn . No. They want you to TELEMARKET products over the phone under the guise of wanting to give "advice, guidance, and education". And if you don't get at least 30 contacts in, well, that is unacceptable. They do not care about their customers. Only how much debt you can get someone in. I was flat out told by a CSM that if I think someone looks as though they can't get approved, cut the time with the customer and move them out so I can get to the next customer who looks like they will be approved. If the branch is shorthanded, most times you don't get a lunch or you have to eat in between customers if you can and you CANNOT have overtime. I was denied the ability to take my sick days for my scheduled doctor appointments. I wasn't even allowed to go to 5 doctor visits because the manager came up with various reasons for me not to be able to take off. Telling HR was like talking to a wall. More often than not, she never replied.

There is just far too many reasons not to work for this place.
Description: Migration of Claims Reports project from the existing AIX/Web sphere platform to Solaris/JBoss platform. Installation of the JBoss enviro
2) Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee), flNovember 17, 2012
Responsibilities:
• Install and configured the JBoss plug-in in Rational Application Developer built on Eclipse IDE.
• Created JBoss server instance in RAD for deploying the application.
• Created Data source configuration in JBoss for connecting AS400 database.
• Modified the JSP and strut components in the application to support the JBoss configurations.
• Wrote build & deployment scripts using ANT to deploy application in Linux env.
• Wrote many Java Scripts to do client side validations.
• Deployment code is checked in IBM Clear case with Component and Sub streams and build ear using ant scripts.
• Developed Password encryption.
• Deployed the application in Linux environment and test the functionalities.
• Performance Analysis of the application(s) and Fix problems/suggest solutions
• Implemented JSF framework in the application including HMTL, DHTML, Ajax andJavaScript.
• Created front end components such as buttons, images using HTML and also used CSS extensively for GUI
• Used SAX and DOM for parsing XML documents and XSLT for transformation Implemented Messaging Service using Java, MDB, and JMS.
Very engaging and goal oriented workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 29, 2013
Pros: bonuses, competition of off-days or short days for meeting goals, and free lunches.
Cons: no cons
Regions is a workplace that strives in taking care of the customers. they are the banks' main concern, I have learned how to appreciate work and people, Conversing with people is a great and respectable attribute to have and it is very efficient with having a career. The management team was very influential. They made sure that the employees were very familiar with their job description and made sure they were well taken care of. They are not only concerned with regions, they are concerned about your family and personal life as well. They have programs that can assist with families that are going through hardships. The hardest part of the job was not being able to fully satisfy the customer. Sometimes, the customers are needing something done and the polices that regions has does not allow us to fully satisfy them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build a relationship with the customers, There were many customers who's name I knew by heart. Customers love being acknowledged. So by simply saying their name, telling to have a nice day, or saying that we appreciate their business would brighten their day.
a productive day at regions!
BANK TELLER (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 8, 2012
Pros: bonuses, vacations, paid holidays, thank you
Cons: changes in new hires
During the duration of my employment with Regions Bank I have realized that the main priority with the company is customer service. Regions does not succeed unless the customers are happy. Therefore, as employees, we must do everything in our power to keep them satisfied. The management team is so dedicated on making sure that we are aware and very knowledgeable about the new and upcoming changes that are going to take place. I am so appreciative of the hardwork and encouraging efforts that they give.
I also have a great relationship with my coworkers. they have become so of my great friends. The hardest part of my job would be trying to become accomdated with the new changes. Regions changes things almost every week. Once you finally figure something out and become an expert of it, something else pilots down. however, that would be considered as one of my strengths. The most enjoyable part of my job would be building a relationship with my customers. i love to learn my customers by name and show them they regions apprecaite their business. sometimes i would send thank u card to the house, give them candy, or just tell them how appreciative we are.
A different crowd and new experience, every day!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Change in pace on a daily basis, change in people on a daily basis, working in a fast paced environment, expanding my knowledge
Cons: Not having the unity you should in a work environment
A typical work day at Regions is coming in at 8, logging into your workstation, preparing your supplies, and getting your money drawer ready for the day. I learned quite a bit about myself and banking during my time at Regions Bank. You meet people from all different walks of life on a daily basis, and you're responsible for making sure their financial needs are met and taken care of. The management and coworkers were great to work with. All of our different personalities meshed well together, but the only thing I would've changed about it was more unity as a whole. I consider my management and coworkers like family, and when there is clearly a disconnect in the wholeness of the work place, I feel like it's easy for others, especially clients, to pick up on. The most enjoyable part about my job was the ability to talk to people all day long, put faces with names, and develop business relationships. I consider customer service my forte, and I enjoyed working face to face with people.
Low pay, demanding hours with no compensation
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FloridaSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: nothing honestly
Cons: little pay for expectations, added responsibility without compensation
Does not pay well for the expected duties. With no previous teller experience, I was put into a supervisory key holder position within a few months and made responsible for the vault all without extra compensation. I was made to take 2 hour lunches so they could work me from 7:45 until 5:30 almost everyday. There was no reason for this after a full staff was hired, but yet kept doing it because I was a well performer. The head teller took smoke breaks at least every hour, even when we were extremely busy with only 2 tellers on the line. The management did nothing about this. She was also never on the teller line. When it came to her there was also a double standard, if she messed up it was swept under the rug, but if we did the same we were immediately written up. I was written up for forgetting a password to one of the computer programs. There is such a lack of communication. The entire team of 6 tellers before I was hired quit around the same time. After I left the teller hired a week before me also quit because nothing is being done about the operations in this place.
Productive workplace and great team succcess. Enjoy the daily customer contact and providing needs based recommendations.
Branch Team Leader (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits. healthcare, 401K matched, Annual employee/team recognition
Cons: Stressful environment
I enjoy the customer relationship environment by providing needs based sales and service. In order to provide the best recommendations a Quick Profile is completed by asking questions to better understand each client's individual needs for short or long term goals.
The Team begins each day with a morning huddle discussing each team member's planned activities and goals for the day. The day ends with an afternoon huddle to discuss the production and successes of each team member. The team works together to uncover customer needs and provide referrals.
The hardest part of the job is to produce the daily requirements even when there is not any customer traffic. Contact lead lists are provided by the marketing department and are required to be worked by contacting each client.
Management provides leadership and sales ideas and goals for each team member. The ultimate goal is for all team members to succeed.
Everyday is a learning experience!
Good overall work experience, great branch manager, and opportunities to learn different aspects of the banking industry.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Southaven, MSDecember 11, 2013
Pros: learning how to be a great multi-tasker and working with an outstanding branch manager.
Cons: customer volume far exceeded staffing needed to provide a great experience for the customer
Working at the main branch in a major metropolitan area has its unique challenges. The volume of customer transactions could be overwhelming if not managed properly. This large volume of customer traffic had to be balanced with the duties of maintaining a million dollar cash vault as well as meeting sales goals. The upside of these things is that I became an extraordinary multi-tasker.

My co-workers were positive, hard working, and dedicated individuals and I enjoyed working with and supervising them. And I had the great honor of working for one of the best branch managers in the banking industry.

The most difficult part of the job was the frustration which occurred when the volume of customers greatly exceeded the staffing available. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to juggle six or seven things at once while helping a customer resolve an issue.