Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,136 reviews
It was a good place to work. I enjoyed my work there.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL29 January 2017
My job was to install and support the GEAC A/P system. Although I was a team player, my major responsibility was to work with my counterparts in the Finance Department. I collaborated with them to keep the projects on track and to see that quality assurance was guaranteed.

My supervisor was the greatest. We enjoyed working together.
Pros
It was a great place to work. The people that I worked with were good people.
Cons
The only con that I would identify was the fact that I got laid off.
Worked in a mortgage call center
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS16 February 2017
I worked in a call center. The automated dialer that calls out get you cussed out by "courtesy calls". Customers are allowed 14 grace days before a late charge. We were forced to call out on 3rd of each month as "courtesy reminder calls" as this was part of "incentive of 400 a month". Management was never helpful. Lack of growth. When I hired on, I was told 30000 was potential if you get you "call volume". No one ever mentioned a QA score of 90 and above with it or I'd stayed where I was. Supervisors and management showed partiality terrible.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, HR lied about money, low pay
A day in the life of a bank teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX9 February 2017
Regions bank was a very exciting job while in college. I learned alot with cash handling, computer networks, account set ups, and customer service. The management was very helpful. My manager was very helpful with working with me and my school schedule along with personal issues when it came to stressing about my school work. There wasn't any had parts about the job due to the fact that the staff was always helpful. They were always available to ask questions to and help with any issues.
Pros
Pay, Work Schedule
Great company
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hoover, Al8 February 2017
A typical day at work in my field is always busy. Which is great. I do love to investigate and research for my job. I have learned the majority of employees cannot move up within the company. Unless, you know someone in a higher position or you leave the company and come back. Management is great. Management is by the book, and I like structure. There is no do more for one than the other. The hardest part of the job is dealing with negative co workers. One more negative is pay. What I love about my job is that is non stop and I enjoy being extremely busy.
Very Productive and fun workplace
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TN15 January 2017
1. Attained aggressive sales goals by turning phone inquiries into sales opportunities by making an active attempt to cross sell the full range of bank products and services to meet client’s needs
2. Use effective sales and telephone techniques to solidify and build client relationships
3. Completed all required documentation to meet client needs, while providing excellent customer service and solutions to client questions within set standards
Not too Bad
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL26 January 2017
Regions is a Goal driven company. They focus on the needs of the client and don't push products, but rather focus on what the client needs. However, the goals are very demanding and if you don't reach your goal quarterly, you are reprimanded. It may be stressful to so some who feel they are working to keep their job.
Pros
Fortune 500 Company, Great benefits, Several locations, advancement opportunities
Cons
Challenging Goals, High Expectations
Not My Cup of Tea
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL17 January 2017
Large southern based Bank. Was AmSouth Bank at the time that I worked for them. Focused on sales. Never fun to call someone during dinner and ask them about Annuities. Seemed like the goals only got more difficult as these sales driven banks are apt to do. Luckily hasn't turned into a current Wells Fargo situation.
Pros
Comfortable setting, many locations
Cons
Disconnect between branches and management, excessively sales driven.
A Work day for me
Post Closing Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL29 December 2016
What our priorities were for the week, meeting with the team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities.This was done on Monday so that the rest of the week could be managed better. I learn how to become more organize in my work projects. I learn how to flow better with management and my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was not wanting things to pile up, because on Friday you needed a clean slay for Monday’s assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being thankful that I was blessed to have the opportunity to come and work daily with my team.
Regions Bank offers a good career.
TeleBanking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL14 February 2017
During my tenure at Regions, I've seen a lot of good people elevated through the ranks of management. My area is Tele-Banking so we're on the phone a lot. My coworkers tend to be younger so there is some turnover. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking a frustrated customer off the ledge by giving them a way to improve their situation. Hearing thank you for being that one is very satisfying to hear.
Productive, positive, growing workplace.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN17 January 2017
At Regions, the work environment is friendly and warming. Everyone is encouraging and committed to their jobs. The employees make sure that you are well taken care of before going into work. There are great benefits and the head employees always have fun from time to time.
Pros
Free lunches, great paid holidays and vacations, meet friends for life.
Cons
Banking is serious so numbers are important.
Regions Bank has a lot of benefits. But no room for growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL1 February 2017
Regions Bank has a lot of benefits and I love the work environment. The workplace culture is versatile and you have to have the ability to adapt in the production environment. The only downfall is that there is not any room for growth. The supervisor don't even know you exist unless there is a problem.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Horrible place to work, more worried about how much money THEY make than the customers or the employees
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN2 December 2016
When they bring you in you go through their process OJT, everything seems so wonderful and positive. But when you get on the floor and start working totally different. Managers very immature and like who they do and they get special treatment. They will literally scream at you across the whole dept. at you! if on the fence, DO NOT DO IT!
Pros
Great team of hard workers who are miserable
Cons
Poor and immature management and very greedy company
this is a productive company
Administrative Assistant, Mortgage Department (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL3 February 2017
The management in the different departments will determine their own management styles
This will greatly vary, some managers like to be greatly involved in day to day, others have a different outlook/approach.
Pros
Each building in the back office area has their own cafeteria for employees
Cons
Good healthcare with BCBS
Fun Atmosphere
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TN3 November 2016
Great Place to work and climb up the ladder. I worked in the call center it was a very stressful environment and procedures where constantly changing which made customers upset. Dealing with the customers can be the most challenging and the incentive/bonuses where not as lucrative as they should have been, but the pay is stable and secure. You must be a good Sales associate you don't want to be on the edge of the chair every month guessing if you will reach quota. The atmosphere is fun and there is always a contest.
Pros
Free Lunches, Potlucks, Full Benefits, All Holidays, Flexible, PTO, Vacation
Cons
High Stress, Bonuses are capped
Need more technology upgrades
BSA/AML (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL24 January 2017
Having worked for another bank, I was surprised (at least for my area) the lack of technology being used. The benefits however are stellar, and hard to be matched. From I've been told, Regions is a "good old boys" bank, however I believe this culture is slowly changing. Overall, great employer if you're willing to put your hard work.
Benefits
Tough company. Always wanting sales.
Teller & ATM Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN16 January 2017
This company was a hindrance on their customers. Tellers and customer services reps were not allowed to let them walk away with out pushing products on them. If we didn't we would get sent to classes to better ourselves. The company only seemed to care about how much money they could collect from their customers.
A nice place with a buzzing city to enjoy
Systems Programmer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Hoover, AL4 November 2016
Regions is a wonderful company with it's employees best interest in mind. As an intern I made $18 an hour and got a job offer to return but I wanted to stay local in Columbus after I graduated from my undergrad. Regions can be a spartan place, though. They didn't offer much in the way of work escape.
Pros
Nice people. Good food. Good pay
Cons
Not always the most exciting place to work
Every friday was Co-workers night out
Sr Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LA19 December 2016
Regions was a very nice place to work. Having a family oriented relationship with my workers is very important to me. My managers were very nice and understanding. The hardest part of any day at Regions was the volume of coin that customers would bring in. I enjoyed the people contact
Pros
The customers
Cons
bulk coin volume
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL18 October 2016
Applications development department allowed room for grow in career. Scrum environment made it easy to produce result for product owner for project. Co-workers eager to work together to accomplish ask.We were able to leave every other Wednesday before 1pm after demonstrating results over 2 week sprint and we ended up at lunch together and enjoying the rest of our evening at home or with family.
Pros
Flexibililty
Cons
Company downsized
Fast Pace
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL3 January 2017
A typical day at work is take care of customer transactions and reconcile daily reports. You learn on how to uncover customer needs by conversation and referral them to experts. Management and coworkers are pleasant to work with. Hardest part of job is goals. Enjoyable part of job is being able to help customers.
Benefits
Cons
Sales