Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,362 reviews
Top down managemnt
Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL20 August 2017
High pressure sales environment. Great Benefits package including medical dental and 401K. Always short staffed so employees have to work overtime. Poor work/life balance. Great coworkers
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Excellent place to gain knowledge in the banking industry
Branch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL18 August 2017
Great place to learn&grow entry lvl. employees treated& fairly great PTO structure.Constant mgmt change limits the growth oppty for seasoned employees
Pros
Job security
Cons
Constant management change
Management Change
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Robertsdale, AL15 August 2017
My original Branch Manager was wonderful, she had full respect and knew I could do my job plus more. A new manger came in and wanted me gone so she could bring her own girl in. I loved my job but then the enjoyment was gone.
Very professional and a teamwork environment
Teller II /Vault Teller/Commercial Teller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL15 August 2017
I enjoyed working for Regions Bank, Ii learned so many things from my supervisors/Co worker and customer. Ilove the experience I had with Rregions Bbank
Decent Job, all about the numbers though
Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL15 August 2017
What Regions stands for is amazing, it is definitely a great place to work. Unfortunately at the end of the day it is all about the numbers. How many accounts, loans, referrals, etc. And how did customers rate you on online surveys. If you don't mind "sales" and corporate nonsense you'll be fine. At the end of the day my customers make it all worth it, they are like family.
Pros
Values. Customers. Coworkers. Opportunity for Advancement.
Cons
Pay. Sales Culture. Budget cuts.
What I learned
FINANCIAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (ASST. BRANCH MNGR) (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR15 August 2017
I learned how to teach myself other aspects of the job to help build my value to the company. How to overcome stressful and uncomfortable situations with customers and learned how to manage people without getting overly emotionally involved in the situation.
Banker
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 3610914 August 2017
I have learned a lot at Regions Bank multitasking, customer services, Regions Bank have taught me many banking skills. Very friendly staff. I love working and helping the members/customers.
Balanced place to work
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN13 August 2017
Good place to work, people are team spirited and happy to be there. Great environment and manager really do try to understand family, health and work balance. I really like working for Regions.
Pros
lunch sometime
Cons
sweat shop at times but worth it.
Admin
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL11 August 2017
Working for Regions was a great expericence. I work there for 7 years and learned a lot about banking. I started out as an Administrative Assistant and moved up learning more about banking.
Fun workplace
LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL10 August 2017
Nice staff & coworkers games and more, and staff recognition they should give more than pennies in raises outher than that it was ok to work there !!!!
Terrible Culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL8 August 2017
Working conditions are pretty cushy, and comp/ benefits are decent.

Culture is overbearing; management doesn't trust associates to perform duties without supervision.
Stressful; sales focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL7 August 2017
Environment is primarily focused on sales; management is ineffective and out of touch; does not care about about team only numbers; saving grace is having team members that support and look out for each other. Work day can be long if sales numbers not met. Need to stay longer to make outbound calls to satisfy production. Organization is definitely a heavily focused sales culture.
Pros
team members are supportive
Cons
management is ineffective
Was a good place to work.
Community Banking Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FL7 August 2017
Was a good place to work and learn. Co workers were friendly. Felt like a family at times. Hardest part was going through a merger with a local bank.
Sell Sell and more Selling
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arab, AL6 August 2017
Let me start. They tell you that there are no goals. But oh! Wait! there is what they call PSPM and BMPM. You get written up for not meeting goals. 15k Min for a Banker and 700 points for a manager. yes! they rate you on points or you get a write up. Smells like Wells Fargo. They call it business as usual if you make the minimum. They have this thing called needs based sales conversations, but it is more like need to meet sales conversations. But my favorite part the local HR calls themselves HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGERS, more like HUMAN CATTLE MANAGERS. Put people first is their value, but it is more like put Regions First. Local Management wants YES people, and if you share an idea you are frowned upon. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, Stress, Lies
Productive place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL4 August 2017
Ensure accurate and timely invoicing per customer requirements.
Perform various administrative and basic accounting functions such as research and billing support tasks, accounts receivable and payable, transfer and key logs, run miscellaneous reports, supply maintenance, and process customer billing
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
work hard
Demanding workplace
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA3 August 2017
Being a banker is a stressful position to have, you have to be able to multi-task at the drop of a dime, make minimal mistakes, sell enough products to even try to make a decent salary. The stress level is not worth it for the little bit of pay you receive.
Great schedule and flexible hours
Teller Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FL2 August 2017
Regions is a great company to work for but can often be challenging to expand on current training and/or experience personal growth due to racial and sexist tension.
Hate my job
FSS (Current Employee) –  Alabama1 August 2017
If you are salesman then it's the job for you. They are a product pushing company say customers come first but in reality it's all about the sales of the products and harassing customers not only by calling them but in the teller line and drive thru. So take heed when applying for this job it's not for most unless sales driven personality. Also management is very, let's just say not very nice
Pros
Insurance
Team player
Loans Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL1 August 2017
Always be on time. Prioritize my work.Be in contact with other
correspondent banks as required. Cross trained at the same time cross trained other co-workers
Nice place of work
Financial Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN31 July 2017
Regions is a nice company to work for. You will learn a lot about federal regulations as they relate to banking. The hardest part of of the job is simply retaining all the knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.