Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Employee Reviews in Canada

While working previoulsy with RMWB I found that they recognized your work ethic and honesty. Co-workers are also great to work in a team environment.
support clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work, wonderful co-workers and management. Enjoyed meeting people, also addressing concerns from the public. RMWB is one of the most respected employers in Fort McMurray
Pros
Excellent health bennfits, great hours, vacation
Good Place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 22, 2016
Always something new to look forward to, the people are all welcoming and very friendly.

Other staff willing to provide mentoring and coaching.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Distance between operational Units
Productive and Great environment to work
Student Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 3, 2016
Great staff that all work together to better the city and each other. Learned lots of skills about operating equipment and running a city.
Awesome place to work
Watch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 16, 2016
Amazing job with great people. Busy atmospher, with lots of multitasking required. My officers are wonderful and you learn something new everyday.
it was a rewarding job.
Road maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 17, 2016
good place to work . liked how organized it was people were also good if you needed help with something. family oriented.
Well paying and secure
Architectural Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, ABFebruary 4, 2016
RMWB is a ever changing environment, long term goals are often changed by re-election of council or changes in senior leadership.
Very heavy political influence.
Pros
Well paying
Cons
politically unstable
It is awsome place to work
Internal Auditor - Compliance and Control Branch (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 11, 2015
RMWB is an awesome place to work. You will learn a lot during your stay here. Excellent benefits. Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) as it is up north community. This city depend on only one resource, the Oil and Sand, and when it is down like now in 2nd half of 2015, there will be no job security.
Pros
Excellent Benifits, Secure Pension Plan, Work Life Balance
Cons
Lack of clear instruction from higher management, Workplace Politics
Extremely challanging thing are continually changing, upgrading etc.
Operator/Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2015
Learnt many new things concerning a municipality that is undergoing huge expansions and upgrades. This municipality faces the same obstacles as the local industries with man power shortages, etc.
Pros
Organization skills and project management knowlege improvement
Cons
Impossible to stay ahead and prepare for everything
Worst Job Experience Ever
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 11, 2015
Working in the Legal and Legislative Services department from Sept 2007 to May 2010 was my worst job experience ever. My supervisor should never have been a supervisor and was the most cold hearted person I have ever encountered. Peers at her level and above were well treated but myself and other admins who came and went were treated poorly. That is why no many admins came and went in this department - no one could work under her for very long.
Scabby, Toxic Environment
Planner 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayAugust 2, 2014
I worked at the RMWB as a planner in 2011. The micro-management is horrible, favoritism within upper management is terrible coupled with their inaccessibility. Yes the money is good but Fort McMurray is not a pleasant place to live and as mentioned, horrible management. If you are looking to start your career in planning, I strongly recommend you stay away from the RMWB.
Pros
money
Cons
attitudes, favoritism
ok
Advisor on the ICT SAP implementation (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 10, 2012
Municipal Government

Initially, I was a consultant on various IT and SAP feasibility assignments for the
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. I was later hired as an Advisor on the Information
and Communication Technology department’s Technology Advisory Branch, and assigned
to Phase 1 of the new SAP Implementation Project. Subsequently, I was seconded t
o the project controls team for the schedule and progress and cost control
with the SAP Phase 2 team

. .

. .
good
Cons
not so good, slow moving culture
Laid Back
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2015
I would say the RMWB is a well rounded company and has exceptional benefits and compensation. People are overly friendly , good, calm, relaxed working environment.
Pros
Benefits and hourly rate
Cons
Hiring process
fun group of people i work with
Development Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 14, 2012
The people I work with are awesome and make the day go faster and better. Dealing with a customer and have them walk out the door with a smile and satisfied, that makes me happy.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant to Manager, Safety Codes (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 7, 2013
Management and co-workers were excellent to work with. Learned a lot about the different disciplines of Safety Codes.
livin the dream
Auditor (Internship position) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, ABJuly 2, 2014
The best atmosphere I have worked in, its too bad its 4 hours north of my family.
Great entry into Government
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 15, 2012
Fast pace municipality providing great experience in Government

4.3