Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo

Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Laid Back
Clerical Support (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits and hourly rate
Cons: Hiring process
I would say the RMWB is a well rounded company and has exceptional benefits and compensation. People are overly friendly , good, calm, relaxed working environment.
Worst Job Experience Ever
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 11, 2015
Working in the Legal and Legislative Services department from Sept 2007 to May 2010 was my worst job experience ever. My supervisor should never have been a supervisor and was the most cold hearted person I have ever encountered. Peers at her level and above were well treated but myself and other admins who came and went were treated poorly. That is why no many admins came and went in this department - no one could work under her for very long.
Scabby, Toxic Environment
Planner 1 (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 2, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: attitudes, favoritism
I worked at the RMWB as a planner in 2011. The micro-management is horrible, favoritism within upper management is terrible coupled with their inaccessibility. Yes the money is good but Fort McMurray is not a pleasant place to live and as mentioned, horrible management. If you are looking to start your career in planning, I strongly recommend you stay away from the RMWB.
livin the dream
Auditor (Internship position) (Former Employee), Buffalo, ABJuly 2, 2014
The best atmosphere I have worked in, its too bad its 4 hours north of my family.
Municipality has lost it's way
Former employee (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayAugust 17, 2012
Pros: paid well
Cons: senior management will not listen to differences in opinion. opposition may cost you your job.
Although very busy, this municipality was successful in creating a positive work environment for it's employees. However, as of late 2010, Senior Management was changed and the culture took a 180 degree turn. If you believe in municipality that values the opinions and suggestions of employees at all levels look elsewhere. Opposition is not tolerated. Silence is golden.
fun group of people i work with
Development Clerk (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 14, 2012
The people I work with are awesome and make the day go faster and better. Dealing with a customer and have them walk out the door with a smile and satisfied, that makes me happy.
ok
Advisor on the ICT SAP implementation (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 10, 2012
Pros: good
Cons: not so good, slow moving culture
Municipal Government

Initially, I was a consultant on various IT and SAP feasibility assignments for the
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. I was later hired as an Advisor on the Information
and Communication Technology department’s Technology Advisory Branch, and assigned
to Phase 1 of the new SAP Implementation Project. Subsequently, I was seconded t
o the project controls team for the schedule and progress and cost control
with the SAP Phase 2 team

. .

. .
Great entry into Government
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 15, 2012
Fast pace municipality providing great experience in Government