Financial Services Department
Position Type/ Hours: These are permanent full-time positions working thirty-five (35) hours per week within the Supply Chain Management Branch of the Financial Services Department.
Position Description: Participate in all aspects of Procurement activities (contractor relationships, contract negotiations, corporate wide contracts, sourcing strategies, market analysis, cost modeling, etc.). Implement all policies, procedures, and systems innovations within Procurement Services and support the corporate role of Procurement Services by working strategically with our clients and providing all necessary information and subject matter expert advice to internal departments and the vendor community.
Qualifications: * University Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or other related field combined with three (3) years directly related work experience which includes a thorough knowledge of purchasing practices, particularly in the public sector, current on purchasing legislation and the proven ability to interpret purchasing practices;
- Diploma (equivalent to two (2) to three (3) years of full time study) in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Finance or other related field combined with five (5) years directly related work experience, which includes a thorough knowledge of purchasing practices, particularly in the public sector, current on purchasing legislation and the proven ability to interpret purchasing practices.
- Any of the above-noted combinations of education and experience must also be accompanied by a proven track record of well developed skills. Preference will be given to those demonstrating evidence of increasing responsibilities in procurement.
- Must hold Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation.
- Incumbents that do not hold a designation must obtain a designation within three (3) years of entry into the position. Incumbents without designation will receive ninety percent (90%) of job rate until designation is obtained.
You will possess the following;
- High level of interpersonal, communication, listening, negotiation and interpretative skills are required.
- High level of diplomacy, political sensitivity and conflict resolution abilities are required.
- High standard of ethics, integrity and discretion.
- Proven working knowledge of the legal ramifications of purchasing contracted service agreements, FOIP and the Agreement on Internal Trade as well as knowledge of the Municipal Government Act.
- Proven ability of a high degree of independence and originality.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent changes, critical time lines and frequent interruptions.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the vendor community and commodity needs.
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver’s License (Clear driving record an asset).
Pay Level: % of PL 20
Salary Range: (Probationary rates) (Permanent rates)
$41.35 per hour – 90% pay without Designation $45.47 - $48.82 per hour – 90% pay without Designation
$45.94 per hour – 100% - pay with Designation $50.52 - $54.24 per hour – 100% pay with Designation
* Percentages are based on Senior Buyer Rate at Pay Level 20. *
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-excellent training and development opportunities
-an extensive employer paid benefits plan
-home equity protection program
-an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: February 8, 2013 CUPE CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2013)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.