Region of Waterloo Employee Review

View all Region of Waterloo reviews

Hard work is recognized and appreciated.
EIS ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Regina St S, Waterloo Ontario28 May 2012
Typical work day is face-paced and ever changing due to policy changes of more than one level of government.
A job or special project well done is noticed and appreciated by management. Personal recognition is now a part of the values and standards set out by the Region of Waterloo.
My co-workers are easy to get a long with and each bring good ideas and specialties to the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is knowing we serve the most vulnerable people in our Region and sometimes have to make difficult decisions regarding their eligibility for Ontario Works benefits and having to say No sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people you consider as family as you spend a good part of your day with them.
Everyone cares about each other and tries to help. My team mates are good listeners and it is a joy to go to work just to work with them.

Other Region of Waterloo Employee Reviews

Unfair promotions
Public Health staff (Current Employee) –  99 Regina St. Waterloo21 November 2017
Staff in general is friendly and helpful. Management is not easily approachable and is not interested in helping their support staff advance their careers even though they insist to be leaders in this compared to other organizations. There are also cases where friends of management get promoted in an underhanded way. The public service aspect of the job is the most satisfying part of the work at the Region.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of opportunities for advancement
Positive and friendly work environment
Operations Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 September 2017
Loved it, was one of the best jobs I had ever had. Everyone was awesome to work with. from the managers to the cleaners. Everyone pushed you to do and be better.
Pros
flexible house, mon to fri, happy workers, great bosses, enabled growth and learning, friendly overall
Cons
very hard to get into if you're not in the union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Region of Waterloo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3