Region of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great colleagues - Terrible Management
Technologist (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Only have to work 7 hours per day.
Cons: Have to tolerate being micromanaged and talked down to. Also, may be denied rights for sick days and the ability to make up missed time.
Great atmosphere and relationships between fellow employees but management is terrible.

Managers constantly deny flexible schedules, question people about their sick days and try to deny employees the right to take sick time. When inclement weather arises, individuals who live out of town may have to leave without pay or use vacation if they wish to get home safely.

Benefits are constantly being downgraded while workloads increase with no new employee positions hired to balance the workload. It is hard at times to meet deadlines.

Pay is comparable to other corporations for government organizations although fees deducted have increased greatly and fee increases are greater than bargained pay increases.

Stress levels are high among employees.
Bus Operator
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Room to move into a full-time position as Transit Bus Operator, Great if you already have a part-time position elsewhere, or semi-retired
Cons: Part-time on an daily on call situation, No guarantee of hours however they require you to gaurantee hours even if they do not call, No call no pay
Great career, long hours because of splits until seniority is higher. Management is great. Co-workers are very helpful especially to new comers. Get to interact with a diverse community. Amazing vehicles that have been bought with a comprehensive knowledge of eronomics for the drivers.
Fantastic office environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 29, 2015
One of the most informative jobs I have held, staff were very helpful and I felt as though I was truly making a difference when I went to work each morning.
Best company to work for
Part-time Grand River Transit (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: longevity
Cons: none
Conventional Transit Operator. Fun job, great vehicles to drive on amazing routes with awesome customers. Great benefits with the region.
Great employer and great co-workers
Airfield Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 3, 2013
I have worked three contracts with the Region and have enjoyed every one. No issues with any co-workers and more importantly no issues with receiving my pay on time.
Hard work is recognized and appreciated.
EIS ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Regina St S, Waterloo OntarioMay 28, 2012
Typical work day is face-paced and ever changing due to policy changes of more than one level of government.
A job or special project well done is noticed and appreciated by management. Personal recognition is now a part of the values and standards set out by the Region of Waterloo.
My co-workers are easy to get a long with and each bring good ideas and specialties to the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is knowing we serve the most vulnerable people in our Region and sometimes have to make difficult decisions regarding their eligibility for Ontario Works benefits and having to say No sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people you consider as family as you spend a good part of your day with them.
Everyone cares about each other and tries to help. My team mates are good listeners and it is a joy to go to work just to work with them.