Region of Peel Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
Pros
i did'nt have to work weekends
Cons
it was a summer position
Friendly environment, amazing co-workers.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
This is a great place to work, The people are great.
I get along with all my co-workers and managers.
I don't go through a hard time with anything,
It's not a hard job at all, though you have to be fast with what your doing because your working with a moving line,
friendly and welcoming environment
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Aboriginal community and tradition.
Every day at work was fun and knowledgeable.
I enjoyed helping people in the aboriginal community
Mature working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Customer service
Photocopying
Filing
Sort work orders
I learned how to manage my time effectively, work with others, I gained a greater understanding of the work force.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Operational Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
The best job I've ever had. I learned so much as a worker and as a young women. I have received really good advice from co-workers and manages to help me be successful in my career. They explained the importance of going back to school and receiving a degree so that I can be all that I can be.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
competitive
Great opportunity for students
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2015
Summer student positions with the Region are a great way to gain experience and to save money for college and university. You are able to learn from those who you support in your job and the positions are specialized in a way that you can still contribute to your department but you are not put in a position above your capabilities. I've had great supervisors who have supported my career goals and provided me with information on how to grow within the company. However, experience dealing with HR was less than satisfactory (ex: my emails were ignored, I was told that my request was being reviewed when it wasn't, I was not called back when I was told I would be, felt as though I was "annoying" them when trying to get a proper response) and I feel as though my poor experience with HR will negatively affect me when I apply to external career opportunities with the Region outside of summer student positions. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend applying for the summer student positions at the Region.
Pros
Ability to gain experience, helps you to pay for school (summer student), friendly work atmosphere
Cons
Some student positions are more challenging than others
Hands on experience on an wide array of IT technologies
Technical Lead, Infrastructure Project (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 26, 2013
RoP is an excellent place to work where an IT professional gets a working knowledge of a wide array of technologies ranging from switches and routers, to physical and virtual servers, to storage networks and IT Architecture and security. The potential to learn new technologies is unlimited.

The work is fast paced leading to success if you are talented at multitasking and prioritizing.

Interaction with my immediate team is the highlight of my day as it comprises of some very skillful and fun loving people.
Pros
compressed work weeks
A good place to work good compensation and benefits excellent culture and values.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioFebruary 29, 2012
The Region of Peel offers excellent benefits and compensation. The work culture and values are exemplary and the organization is very concerned about work life balance. There are opportunities for taking a compressed work week and in some positons telecommuting. Once you are a full time employee you can take advantage of opportunities to take courses and have the region pay for them. Courses are also offered in house.
Pros
excellent benefits and work life balance
Cons
breaks very short.
Too many goals
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Culture differs from department to department, recent restructures across the organization has weakened effective leadership. The organization has suffered from a constant state of change and high turnover in key positions. There are too many initiatives, not enough resources and limited Project Management skills to achieve strategic goals. Leaders have good intentions but an inadequate approach
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
weak leadership and direction
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users.
Pros
inspired and having work done
Cons
hates delays.
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 27, 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
A very rewarding career
Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 10, 2013
I was under the maintenance aspect of a water operator. I made sure fire hydrants were operational as well as checking it for adequate pressure readings. Assisted with water turn offs and water sampling. Everyday was a learning experience as this job has a wide variety to offer. I worked independently as well as working in a team work environment - great group of guys.
Pros
independance
Cons
somedays long hours
Excellent working environment
Laboratory helper (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONJuly 25, 2013
- Some of the best co-workers and supervisors to work with
- Flexible work times
- Great support from Manager and supervisor whenever required
- Hardest part of the job in the beginning was to call people and ask for water test but eventually learnt how to go about it.
- Data entry was the easiest but time consuming job.
Pros
awesome workplace
Cons
being a co-op position i couldn't go back there.
Great experience. Ability to grow and advance
Casual Supply Teacher / Multicultural Committee (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONAugust 28, 2012
This company was the first company to give me my volunteer experience as a student!
Ever sine I have enjoyed working with this company full time and part time.
Always encouraged personal and professional growth.

Worked with great family as well as great co-workers.
Pros
working with people that where there for the same reasons
very professional and productive environment
Placement (Former Employee) –  BramptonApril 21, 2015
I like my supervisor and gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
My co-workers are very helpful and hard working. I worked with laundry and housekeeping staff.
Excellent employer
Coordinator, Immunization Records (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Arrived early every day and planned daily routine. Dealt with the public on a daily basis by phone, email, in person and/or fax. Entered immunization for all students and kept family up to date with records and made sure all students were up to date. Supervisors were very supportive of the staff and myself. My co-workers were very supportive and very knowledgeable in their work and providing exceptional customer service as well. The hardest part of the job was having to dealing with parents and/or students that did not understand why the Region of Peel was contacting them and felt "threatened". The most enjoyable part of the job was when all students were returned to school and Immunization records were up to date till the next Screening.
Pros
exceptional team and supervisor
Cons
location
Challenging and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - PART-TIME (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONMarch 14, 2013
The Region of Peel offered many services which were challenging yet fun as we had offered team treat dates, as well as colleague get together and fun with our Social Committee. Frequent updates on all departmental changes, great support from Supervisor/Management
Pros
close to work, and fun downtime with colleagues
Cons
shortened hours
Monthly group lunches
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  BramptonOctober 31, 2014
Very fast paced environment, weekly progress reports and meetings. Alot of deadlines to meet. Large number of users and applications to support.
Pros
monthly free lunches, helpful colleagues and managers
Cons
users spread all over the region, travelling involved
Highly values personal integrity, diversity, and community
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
ROP offers a very wide scope of opportunities and challenges, never a dull moment. Serving the community I live in is very satisfying to me.
Pros
team culture, highly qualified and diverse colleagues
Cons
political leadership, many leadership changes and reorganizations
Great learning experience with an introduction to workplace etiquette
Receptionist/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 9, 2012
I had a wonderful experience with this company, I have learned many values aswell as proper workplace etiquette. Experience is necesary and and asset to aquire knowledge of the workplace conduct aswell as services within the establishment.

4.4