Region of Peel Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes communicating with the residents of The Region of Peel and supporting their service needs (social media, Public Works, Water billing, Social Services, Health etc...
Wonderful learning experience
Activation Therapy Youth Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton , ONOctober 1, 2015
Its a positive working environment, ive learned alot working within the region of peel.I worked full time in the actvation department. I experienced working with elederly people and enjoyed my job.
Pros
employee disconts
great employer
Activation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONSeptember 4, 2012
The region of peel is a great employer. great benifits, somewhat flexiable work schedules, variety of jobs.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
high work load
Peel is the Best
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Excellent place to work. Dynamic and vibrant. They look after their employees
Pros
staff, busy, pay, benefits
Cons
very political
Corporate Culture
Co-Chair Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 22, 2015
Very inclusive and informative. They provide ample opportunities to move around within the company.

It is easily located, the hours of work are manageable, adaptability is essential because it is a government organization.
Enjoyable Corporation
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2015
The Region of Peel offers many different job opportunities and learning assignments. The Region of Peel is supervised and managed by wonderful and supportive individuals. I can honest, not say one bad word about this corporation.
Positive work environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Working for the Region of Peel was a very rewarding experience. Not only did it provide me with the opportunity to grow intellectually but also grow as a person. The clientele we deal with is very multi cultural and the majority of our calls come from those who are very familiar with the 911 system. Its compassion, education and being able to see where they are coming that was able to provide me with the true empathy that is required in this job. Yes we do have those "hot" calls and are required to think quickly and resort back to that door in our mind that reads "VSA" or "Child birth" or "Acute CHF", but in all honesty the majority of our calls is really just talking to people and having the ability to calm them down and tell them that you are there only to support them. The Region of Peel appreciates these values and allowed us to take that extra time on a call if required to help those who needed the extra time.
Pros
good people to work with, fairly good upper management
Cons
lack of support at times, doesnt every job have poor manangement at times? just need to learn how to work with them
Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
Pros
i did'nt have to work weekends
Cons
it was a summer position
A Fun Experience in Peel
Non-Clinical Temp (Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONSeptember 5, 2013
I absolutely loved this job. My typical day would be just to show up, everyday was an adventure and I loved being apart of it. I loved meeting all types of different people. My Job was to register everyone who wanted to get the H1N1 shot. Another part of my job was to walk around the waiting room to make sure that everyone who received the shots were ok. I loved what I did.

I learned that not everyone handles getting needles accordingly, some people can handle it, others can't. I learned how to use the system

The management team was AMAZING I have no complaints.

The co-workers really helped each other out, the nurses also supported each other which was very nice to see.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with different types of people

The most enjoyable part of my job was everything. I honestly loved everything about it.
Pros
i learned how to adapt to change and be amongst different people
Cons
my job was contract, it came to an end
Productive and a fun place to work.
Operational Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
The best job I've ever had. I learned so much as a worker and as a young women. I have received really good advice from co-workers and manages to help me be successful in my career. They explained the importance of going back to school and receiving a degree so that I can be all that I can be.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
competitive
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users.
Pros
inspired and having work done
Cons
hates delays.
friendly and welcoming environment
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Aboriginal community and tradition.
Every day at work was fun and knowledgeable.
I enjoyed helping people in the aboriginal community
Mature working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Customer service
Photocopying
Filing
Sort work orders
I learned how to manage my time effectively, work with others, I gained a greater understanding of the work force.
A very rewarding career
Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 10, 2013
I was under the maintenance aspect of a water operator. I made sure fire hydrants were operational as well as checking it for adequate pressure readings. Assisted with water turn offs and water sampling. Everyday was a learning experience as this job has a wide variety to offer. I worked independently as well as working in a team work environment - great group of guys.
Pros
independance
Cons
somedays long hours
Excellent employer
Coordinator, Immunization Records (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Arrived early every day and planned daily routine. Dealt with the public on a daily basis by phone, email, in person and/or fax. Entered immunization for all students and kept family up to date with records and made sure all students were up to date. Supervisors were very supportive of the staff and myself. My co-workers were very supportive and very knowledgeable in their work and providing exceptional customer service as well. The hardest part of the job was having to dealing with parents and/or students that did not understand why the Region of Peel was contacting them and felt "threatened". The most enjoyable part of the job was when all students were returned to school and Immunization records were up to date till the next Screening.
Pros
exceptional team and supervisor
Cons
location
Enjoyable Place to work
Traffic Surveyor (Former Employee) –  BramptonJuly 3, 2014
Overall It was a good experience, I got to learn about surveying in general. Good hours and ability to travel.
Pros
ability to travel
Cons
very professional and productive environment
Placement (Former Employee) –  BramptonApril 21, 2015
I like my supervisor and gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
My co-workers are very helpful and hard working. I worked with laundry and housekeeping staff.
Friendly environment, amazing co-workers.
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
This is a great place to work, The people are great.
I get along with all my co-workers and managers.
I don't go through a hard time with anything,
It's not a hard job at all, though you have to be fast with what your doing because your working with a moving line,
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 27, 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
Hands on experience on an wide array of IT technologies
Technical Lead, Infrastructure Project (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 26, 2013
RoP is an excellent place to work where an IT professional gets a working knowledge of a wide array of technologies ranging from switches and routers, to physical and virtual servers, to storage networks and IT Architecture and security. The potential to learn new technologies is unlimited.

The work is fast paced leading to success if you are talented at multitasking and prioritizing.

Interaction with my immediate team is the highlight of my day as it comprises of some very skillful and fun loving people.
Pros
compressed work weeks

4.4