Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Regional of Peel
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
Contract position for a few months. My job was to input patients Health card Number in system and then refer them to a nurse to administering injection for SARS.
A day at the Region of Peel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2015
I work primarily with Access databases. I find the work very satisfying and challenging. I am asked to create new databases and database reports quite often. I really enjoy the programming aspect of the job, I have always had a very logical mind.
The Region is very flexible with work/life balance and I am able to work from home 2 days a week which I enjoy tremendously.
I also design and modify Crystal Reports for the Treasury department, this is another part of the job that a enjoy.
Pros
Being able to work from home. The management is very supportive.
Administrative Assistant in Public Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2015
Being one of 5 assistants to the managers of Public Health is a big role. The best aspect of my job here was the cross function training so that all 5 admins, including myself, could seamlessly cover off when one of the admins was on holidays or off sick.
Overall, good place to work!
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton14 September 2015
Typical call centre duties, opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions because the wide range of requests and services handled through the Contact Centre. Management is decent and can't complain too much. I had the best Supervisor so my experience was awesome but not all the supervisors deserve the same level of recognition. And some supervisors clearly have favourites. A lot of politics as well and some staff seem to know a lot more of information about others which is strange. However, there are some great people who work there and if you don't mind dealing with the public in a front line environment, this is a great opportunity!
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, great pay, lots of room for growth!
Cons
Contract position and management styles all different
awesome
Material Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 February 2016
amazing place to work and i loved it very much. pay is very good and everyone is friendly and kind.
good work structure
good pay
Pros
good money
Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga5 August 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff and upper Management. Excellent pay, benefits, vacation, flex hours and so much more. Lots of learning, development and advancement opportunities. Can be a high stress and demanding workplace but work/life balance as well as health and wellness are high priorities.
Pros
Flexible hours and time off with great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding workplace
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2015
A typical day at work includes communicating with the residents of The Region of Peel and supporting their service needs (social media, Public Works, Water billing, Social Services, Health etc...
Wonderful learning experience
Activation Therapy Youth Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton , ON1 October 2015
Its a positive working environment, ive learned alot working within the region of peel.I worked full time in the actvation department. I experienced working with elederly people and enjoyed my job.
Pros
employee disconts
workplace
CSR-Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON5 November 2015
The most rewarding part is learning from peers and supportive management.
Decent amount of politics.
The office should have more workers to support growth.
Pros
lunch time
Enjoyable Corporation
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2015
The Region of Peel offers many different job opportunities and learning assignments. The Region of Peel is supervised and managed by wonderful and supportive individuals. I can honest, not say one bad word about this corporation.
Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2015
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
Pros
I did'nt have to work weekends
Cons
It was a summer position
Corporate Culture
Co-Chair Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2015
Very inclusive and informative. They provide ample opportunities to move around within the company.

It is easily located, the hours of work are manageable, adaptability is essential because it is a government organization.
Hands on experience on an wide array of IT technologies
Technical Lead, Infrastructure Project (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2013
RoP is an excellent place to work where an IT professional gets a working knowledge of a wide array of technologies ranging from switches and routers, to physical and virtual servers, to storage networks and IT Architecture and security. The potential to learn new technologies is unlimited.

The work is fast paced leading to success if you are talented at multitasking and prioritizing.

Interaction with my immediate team is the highlight of my day as it comprises of some very skillful and fun loving people.

Pros
Compressed work weeks
A good place to work good compensation and benefits excellent culture and values.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario29 February 2012
The Region of Peel offers excellent benefits and compensation. The work culture and values are exemplary and the organization is very concerned about work life balance. There are opportunities for taking a compressed work week and in some positons telecommuting. Once you are a full time employee you can take advantage of opportunities to take courses and have the region pay for them. Courses are also offered in house.
Pros
excellent benefits and work life balance
Cons
breaks very short.
Too many goals
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2013
Culture differs from department to department, recent restructures across the organization has weakened effective leadership. The organization has suffered from a constant state of change and high turnover in key positions. There are too many initiatives, not enough resources and limited Project Management skills to achieve strategic goals. Leaders have good intentions but an inadequate approach
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
weak leadership and direction
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton2 April 2013
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users.
Pros
inspired and having work done
Cons
hates delays.
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 December 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
A very rewarding career
Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 October 2013
I was under the maintenance aspect of a water operator. I made sure fire hydrants were operational as well as checking it for adequate pressure readings. Assisted with water turn offs and water sampling. Everyday was a learning experience as this job has a wide variety to offer. I worked independently as well as working in a team work environment - great group of guys.
Pros
Independance
Cons
somedays long hours
Productive and a fun place to work.
Operational Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 November 2014
The best job I've ever had. I learned so much as a worker and as a young women. I have received really good advice from co-workers and manages to help me be successful in my career. They explained the importance of going back to school and receiving a degree so that I can be all that I can be.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Competitive
Excellent working environment
Laboratory helper (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON25 July 2013
- Some of the best co-workers and supervisors to work with
- Flexible work times
- Great support from Manager and supervisor whenever required
- Hardest part of the job in the beginning was to call people and ask for water test but eventually learnt how to go about it.
- Data entry was the easiest but time consuming job.
Pros
Awesome workplace
Cons
Being a Co-op position I couldn't go back there.

4.4