Region of Peel Employee Reviews

i enjoyed worling with the elders
psw (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
preform direct patient care assistance with elimination/toileting/personal hygiene nutrition.activitied of daily living
Pros
feeling satisfied to make someone happy
Cons
hard work to the body
Waste Water Sampler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2016
I worked there as a student on a co-op placement. It was great, nice co-workers, supervisor was down to earth and everyday felt like hanging out with friends.
Well Rounded
Information Systems Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2015
Very challenging, met and stayed in contact with a couple of the staff that I had the privilege of working and learning with. They were very friendly and helpful during my co-op term, especially with employees in other fields with in the company.

It was also very convenient in terms of location, next to the mall, grocery store, and commute by bus or car made it easy.

Only flaw is that IT department archives for troubleshooting and software installation instructions should be updated frequently, especially when titles change.
Pros
pay, the atmosphere, the challenges to improve and enhance your skills, commute and convenience of the shopping centre
Cons
not up to date with troubleshooting/installation guides
Fun workplace, great environment, bad management
Assistant Inspector, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2016
My main duty was to identify downspouts still connected to the sanitary sewage collection system in selected basement flooding areas of the Region. All this information was entered into the Region of Peel system. Hansen Information Technologies is the program used by the municipalities in Ontario to save most of their data.

Inspectors for the Wastewater Section of the Environmental Control Division identify companies that might discharge wastewater with a high potential of contamination. While working for the Region of Peel, I spent a lot of time working with the Sampling staff collecting representative wastewater samples from the companies identified by the Inspectors. While collecting wastewater samples I had to follow the correct procedures in order to obtain representative and reliable samples.
Extremely busy position
Administrative Assistant - Director, H R (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON19 November 2015
Provided accurate and efficient confidential administrative support to the Director/Manager and Department.
Exercised discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality;
Prioritized and managed workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (ie. deadlines; multi-tasking; flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities).
Used software programs and other tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provided documents/ information that effectively supported the needs of the team.
Pros
The job was interesting - change was constant
Cons
Extremely busy - had to be on the ball.
A day at the Region of Peel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2015
I work primarily with Access databases. I find the work very satisfying and challenging. I am asked to create new databases and database reports quite often. I really enjoy the programming aspect of the job, I have always had a very logical mind.
The Region is very flexible with work/life balance and I am able to work from home 2 days a week which I enjoy tremendously.
I also design and modify Crystal Reports for the Treasury department, this is another part of the job that a enjoy.
Pros
Being able to work from home. The management is very supportive.
Immunization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON4 February 2016
The Region of Peel provides a supportive and diverse environment for all its employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to work and grow within the company and it is a great place to be employed at.
Regional of Peel
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
Contract position for a few months. My job was to input patients Health card Number in system and then refer them to a nurse to administering injection for SARS.
Overall, good place to work!
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton14 September 2015
Typical call centre duties, opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions because the wide range of requests and services handled through the Contact Centre. Management is decent and can't complain too much. I had the best Supervisor so my experience was awesome but not all the supervisors deserve the same level of recognition. And some supervisors clearly have favourites. A lot of politics as well and some staff seem to know a lot more of information about others which is strange. However, there are some great people who work there and if you don't mind dealing with the public in a front line environment, this is a great opportunity!
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, great pay, lots of room for growth!
Cons
Contract position and management styles all different
Administrative Assistant in Public Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2015
Being one of 5 assistants to the managers of Public Health is a big role. The best aspect of my job here was the cross function training so that all 5 admins, including myself, could seamlessly cover off when one of the admins was on holidays or off sick.
Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga5 August 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff and upper Management. Excellent pay, benefits, vacation, flex hours and so much more. Lots of learning, development and advancement opportunities. Can be a high stress and demanding workplace but work/life balance as well as health and wellness are high priorities.
Pros
Flexible hours and time off with great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding workplace
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2015
A typical day at work includes communicating with the residents of The Region of Peel and supporting their service needs (social media, Public Works, Water billing, Social Services, Health etc...
awesome
Material Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 February 2016
amazing place to work and i loved it very much. pay is very good and everyone is friendly and kind.
good work structure
good pay
Pros
good money
Wonderful learning experience
Activation Therapy Youth Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton , ON1 October 2015
Its a positive working environment, ive learned alot working within the region of peel.I worked full time in the actvation department. I experienced working with elederly people and enjoyed my job.
Pros
employee disconts
Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2015
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
Pros
I did'nt have to work weekends
Cons
It was a summer position
Hands on experience on an wide array of IT technologies
Technical Lead, Infrastructure Project (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2013
RoP is an excellent place to work where an IT professional gets a working knowledge of a wide array of technologies ranging from switches and routers, to physical and virtual servers, to storage networks and IT Architecture and security. The potential to learn new technologies is unlimited.

The work is fast paced leading to success if you are talented at multitasking and prioritizing.

Interaction with my immediate team is the highlight of my day as it comprises of some very skillful and fun loving people.

Pros
Compressed work weeks
A good place to work good compensation and benefits excellent culture and values.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario29 February 2012
The Region of Peel offers excellent benefits and compensation. The work culture and values are exemplary and the organization is very concerned about work life balance. There are opportunities for taking a compressed work week and in some positons telecommuting. Once you are a full time employee you can take advantage of opportunities to take courses and have the region pay for them. Courses are also offered in house.
Pros
excellent benefits and work life balance
Cons
breaks very short.
Too many goals
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2013
Culture differs from department to department, recent restructures across the organization has weakened effective leadership. The organization has suffered from a constant state of change and high turnover in key positions. There are too many initiatives, not enough resources and limited Project Management skills to achieve strategic goals. Leaders have good intentions but an inadequate approach
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
weak leadership and direction
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton2 April 2013
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users.
Pros
inspired and having work done
Cons
hates delays.
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 December 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Region of Peel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4