Region of Peel Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable Corporation
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2015
The Region of Peel offers many different job opportunities and learning assignments. The Region of Peel is supervised and managed by wonderful and supportive individuals. I can honest, not say one bad word about this corporation.
A Fun Experience in Peel
Non-Clinical Temp (Administrator) (Former Employee), Peel, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: i learned how to adapt to change and be amongst different people
Cons: my job was contract, it came to an end
I absolutely loved this job. My typical day would be just to show up, everyday was an adventure and I loved being apart of it. I loved meeting all types of different people. My Job was to register everyone who wanted to get the H1N1 shot. Another part of my job was to walk around the waiting room to make sure that everyone who received the shots were ok. I loved what I did.

I learned that not everyone handles getting needles accordingly, some people can handle it, others can't. I learned how to use the system

The management team was AMAZING I have no complaints.

The co-workers really helped each other out, the nurses also supported each other which was very nice to see.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with different types of people

The most enjoyable part of my job was everything. I honestly loved everything about it.
Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: i did'nt have to work weekends
Cons: it was a summer position
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), BramptonApril 2, 2013
Pros: inspired and having work done
Cons: hates delays.
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users.
friendly and welcoming environment
admin assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Aboriginal community and tradition.
Every day at work was fun and knowledgeable.
I enjoyed helping people in the aboriginal community
Mature working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Customer service
Photocopying
Filing
Sort work orders
I learned how to manage my time effectively, work with others, I gained a greater understanding of the work force.
very professional and productive environment
Placement (Former Employee), BramptonApril 21, 2015
I like my supervisor and gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
My co-workers are very helpful and hard working. I worked with laundry and housekeeping staff.
Highly values personal integrity, diversity, and community
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: team culture, highly qualified and diverse colleagues
Cons: political leadership, many leadership changes and reorganizations
ROP offers a very wide scope of opportunities and challenges, never a dull moment. Serving the community I live in is very satisfying to me.
Friendly environment, amazing co-workers.
Sorter (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
This is a great place to work, The people are great.
I get along with all my co-workers and managers.
I don't go through a hard time with anything,
It's not a hard job at all, though you have to be fast with what your doing because your working with a moving line,
A wonderful place to work
Consultant (Current Employee), BramptonMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work. People are friendly, and welcoming. Great staff, managers, and Directors. Had a great team to work with there.
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 27, 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
A very rewarding career
Water Operator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: independance
Cons: somedays long hours
I was under the maintenance aspect of a water operator. I made sure fire hydrants were operational as well as checking it for adequate pressure readings. Assisted with water turn offs and water sampling. Everyday was a learning experience as this job has a wide variety to offer. I worked independently as well as working in a team work environment - great group of guys.
Challenging and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - PART-TIME (Former Employee), Peel, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: close to work, and fun downtime with colleagues
Cons: shortened hours
The Region of Peel offered many services which were challenging yet fun as we had offered team treat dates, as well as colleague get together and fun with our Social Committee. Frequent updates on all departmental changes, great support from Supervisor/Management
The Region of Peel serves 1.3 million residents and approximately 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
Sr. QA Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Supported Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration. Pleasant work environment. The management is well orginized.
Wonderful place to work
Junior Statistician (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: work team
Cons: not at all
•a typical day at work : Excellent
•what you learned : Team Work, Values
•management : Excellent
•your co-workers : Excellent
•the hardest part of the job : Not
•the most enjoyable part of the job : Everything
Amazing people to work with and safe/friendly work environment
Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2014
Typical day was laid back but did have it's times where you weren't able to sit down because you had so many high priority requests. Amazing management. Fun and friendly.
Enjoyable Place to work
Traffic Surveyor (Former Employee), BramptonJuly 3, 2014
Pros: ability to travel
Cons: long hours
Overall It was a good experience, I got to learn about surveying in general. Good hours and ability to travel.
Excellent employer
Coordinator, Immunization Records (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: exceptional team and supervisor
Cons: location
Arrived early every day and planned daily routine. Dealt with the public on a daily basis by phone, email, in person and/or fax. Entered immunization for all students and kept family up to date with records and made sure all students were up to date. Supervisors were very supportive of the staff and myself. My co-workers were very supportive and very knowledgeable in their work and providing exceptional customer service as well. The hardest part of the job was having to dealing with parents and/or students that did not understand why the Region of Peel was contacting them and felt "threatened". The most enjoyable part of the job was when all students were returned to school and Immunization records were up to date till the next Screening.
Hands on experience on an wide array of IT technologies
Technical Lead, Infrastructure Project (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 26, 2013
Pros: compressed work weeks
RoP is an excellent place to work where an IT professional gets a working knowledge of a wide array of technologies ranging from switches and routers, to physical and virtual servers, to storage networks and IT Architecture and security. The potential to learn new technologies is unlimited.

The work is fast paced leading to success if you are talented at multitasking and prioritizing.

Interaction with my immediate team is the highlight of my day as it comprises of some very skillful and fun loving people.
Peel is the Best
Project Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: staff, busy, pay, benefits
Cons: very political
Excellent place to work. Dynamic and vibrant. They look after their employees