Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Too many goals
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Culture differs from department to department, recent restructures across the organization has weakened effective leadership. The organization has suffered from a constant state of change and high turnover in key positions. There are too many initiatives, not enough resources and limited Project Management skills to achieve strategic goals. Leaders have good intentions but an inadequate approach
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
weak leadership and direction
Great opportunity for students
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2015
Summer student positions with the Region are a great way to gain experience and to save money for college and university. You are able to learn from those who you support in your job and the positions are specialized in a way that you can still contribute to your department but you are not put in a position above your capabilities. I've had great supervisors who have supported my career goals and provided me with information on how to grow within the company. However, experience dealing with HR was less than satisfactory (ex: my emails were ignored, I was told that my request was being reviewed when it wasn't, I was not called back when I was told I would be, felt as though I was "annoying" them when trying to get a proper response) and I feel as though my poor experience with HR will negatively affect me when I apply to external career opportunities with the Region outside of summer student positions. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend applying for the summer student positions at the Region.
Pros
Ability to gain experience, helps you to pay for school (summer student), friendly work atmosphere
Cons
Some student positions are more challenging than others
awesome
Material Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
amazing place to work and i loved it very much. pay is very good and everyone is friendly and kind.
good work structure
good pay
Pros
good money
Productive and a fun place to work.
Operational Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
The best job I've ever had. I learned so much as a worker and as a young women. I have received really good advice from co-workers and manages to help me be successful in my career. They explained the importance of going back to school and receiving a degree so that I can be all that I can be.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
competitive
Administrative Assistant in Public Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2015
Being one of 5 assistants to the managers of Public Health is a big role. The best aspect of my job here was the cross function training so that all 5 admins, including myself, could seamlessly cover off when one of the admins was on holidays or off sick.
A Fun Experience in Peel
Non-Clinical Temp (Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONSeptember 5, 2013
I absolutely loved this job. My typical day would be just to show up, everyday was an adventure and I loved being apart of it. I loved meeting all types of different people. My Job was to register everyone who wanted to get the H1N1 shot. Another part of my job was to walk around the waiting room to make sure that everyone who received the shots were ok. I loved what I did.

I learned that not everyone handles getting needles accordingly, some people can handle it, others can't. I learned how to use the system

The management team was AMAZING I have no complaints.

The co-workers really helped each other out, the nurses also supported each other which was very nice to see.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with different types of people

The most enjoyable part of my job was everything. I honestly loved everything about it.
Pros
i learned how to adapt to change and be amongst different people
Cons
my job was contract, it came to an end
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes communicating with the residents of The Region of Peel and supporting their service needs (social media, Public Works, Water billing, Social Services, Health etc...
Positive work environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Working for the Region of Peel was a very rewarding experience. Not only did it provide me with the opportunity to grow intellectually but also grow as a person. The clientele we deal with is very multi cultural and the majority of our calls come from those who are very familiar with the 911 system. Its compassion, education and being able to see where they are coming that was able to provide me with the true empathy that is required in this job. Yes we do have those "hot" calls and are required to think quickly and resort back to that door in our mind that reads "VSA" or "Child birth" or "Acute CHF", but in all honesty the majority of our calls is really just talking to people and having the ability to calm them down and tell them that you are there only to support them. The Region of Peel appreciates these values and allowed us to take that extra time on a call if required to help those who needed the extra time.
Pros
good people to work with, fairly good upper management
Cons
lack of support at times, doesnt every job have poor manangement at times? just need to learn how to work with them
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users.
Pros
inspired and having work done
Cons
hates delays.
Wonderful learning experience
Activation Therapy Youth Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton , ONOctober 1, 2015
Its a positive working environment, ive learned alot working within the region of peel.I worked full time in the actvation department. I experienced working with elederly people and enjoyed my job.
Pros
employee disconts
Corporate Culture
Co-Chair Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 22, 2015
Very inclusive and informative. They provide ample opportunities to move around within the company.

It is easily located, the hours of work are manageable, adaptability is essential because it is a government organization.
Highly values personal integrity, diversity, and community
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
ROP offers a very wide scope of opportunities and challenges, never a dull moment. Serving the community I live in is very satisfying to me.
Pros
team culture, highly qualified and diverse colleagues
Cons
political leadership, many leadership changes and reorganizations
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 27, 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
A very rewarding career
Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 10, 2013
I was under the maintenance aspect of a water operator. I made sure fire hydrants were operational as well as checking it for adequate pressure readings. Assisted with water turn offs and water sampling. Everyday was a learning experience as this job has a wide variety to offer. I worked independently as well as working in a team work environment - great group of guys.
Pros
independance
Cons
somedays long hours
Challenging and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - PART-TIME (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONMarch 14, 2013
The Region of Peel offered many services which were challenging yet fun as we had offered team treat dates, as well as colleague get together and fun with our Social Committee. Frequent updates on all departmental changes, great support from Supervisor/Management
Pros
close to work, and fun downtime with colleagues
Cons
shortened hours
Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
Pros
i did'nt have to work weekends
Cons
it was a summer position
Enjoyable Corporation
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2015
The Region of Peel offers many different job opportunities and learning assignments. The Region of Peel is supervised and managed by wonderful and supportive individuals. I can honest, not say one bad word about this corporation.
Wonderful place to work
Junior Statistician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
•a typical day at work : Excellent
•what you learned : Team Work, Values
•management : Excellent
•your co-workers : Excellent
•the hardest part of the job : Not
•the most enjoyable part of the job : Everything
Pros
work team
Cons
not at all
Excellent employer
Coordinator, Immunization Records (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Arrived early every day and planned daily routine. Dealt with the public on a daily basis by phone, email, in person and/or fax. Entered immunization for all students and kept family up to date with records and made sure all students were up to date. Supervisors were very supportive of the staff and myself. My co-workers were very supportive and very knowledgeable in their work and providing exceptional customer service as well. The hardest part of the job was having to dealing with parents and/or students that did not understand why the Region of Peel was contacting them and felt "threatened". The most enjoyable part of the job was when all students were returned to school and Immunization records were up to date till the next Screening.
Pros
exceptional team and supervisor
Cons
location
Enjoyable Place to work
Traffic Surveyor (Former Employee) –  BramptonJuly 3, 2014
Overall It was a good experience, I got to learn about surveying in general. Good hours and ability to travel.
Pros
ability to travel

4.4