Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Prestigious Employer
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
The Region of Peel provides quality social services to all its residents.

The Housing Operations Division aka Peel Living is a recognized leader in creating innovative affordable housing. it is the largest residential landlord operating in the Region of Peel and the third largest social housing provider in Ontario.

It was my pleasure to have been an employee of this highly regarded employer.
Pros
Works with employees to ensure quality work and home life balance
Cons
Very "corporate"
Was a good place to work until the accountants became management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2016
This is a good place for training. They really push for and provide training for every aspect of your job. A typical day can be anything from trying to find enough to keep you busy for the day to not having enough staff to get all the work done, depending what department you work in.
Pros
Training is provided free through the company.
Cons
Expected to put in long hours, stressful work place.
LOve
Assessment Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
Love ROP! This is a great place to work at if you are passionate about helping ones in need. Most of my co workers were striving to help people who wanted and needed help which was great to see. I was a summer student for 4 years, 3 of which I was in the Assessment team determining peoples eligibility for Ontario Works, Child Care subsidy and Subsidized housing and 1 year I spent as an Eligibility Review officer looking into fraud cases
Pros
Great exposure
Cons
No wifi!
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Placements (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON9 November 2016
Everybody is really kind and helpful. They are always willing to help you and everyone takes some time to get to know you. I had an amazing experience with volunteering with the Region of Peel because I have developed so many valuable skills that can help me in the future. I also remember being a shy person, but after a while when I started to volunteer, I started to become a little more open.
No long term planning, no respect for knowledge
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Region of Peel14 September 2016
They can easily be better managed by knowledge based decision making professionals with employing one third of their workforce.

Lots of redundant work, lots of window dressing, no respect for employees, no respect for their own policies, celebrity culture and it is very hierarchical

I believe there are people that they are doing fine but it is not the case in my area.
Pros
lots of time for your hobbies
Cons
no job satisfaction, no feeling of you are adding a value
Region of Peel good values diversity,supportive.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON8 July 2016
I believe an excellent organization to be part of and I learnt so much in my 14 years as a the role of an administrative support assistant
Peel is one of the most racially diverse places to work in Canada
It was a supportive,respectful environment with co workers in a very positive manner.
I provided efficient and effective quality service with always to practice two way communication in a very hectic fast pace within honest clear manner.
The most enjoyable part was to enable the caseworkers in their roles for all the clients coming in from all walks of life for social assistance
The teamwork was excellent with varied daily tasks.
Productive, fun and helpful environment
Family literacy volunteer facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
I loved volunteering my time as a family literacy facilitator. It not only allowed me to gain experience in a teaching field but allowed me to make friendships and contacts that have been as equally beneficial to myself.
Productive and place to learn more
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 October 2016
I love to work in Peel Region because here I learn much more in a very friendly atmosphere. It is well organized and well managed company which enhance my management studies. Coworkers are very cooperative and friendly.
Great Office Work Experience
Records Clerk (2015) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
Daily 8 hours shift with weekends off was amazing. Loved my co-workers since they never pressurized workload. From my manager to my co-worker we were all friendly to each other. I had the privilege to work at different location around Mississauga and to serve the community through my contribution.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
Far to commute
It's really great for some
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2016
The Region of Peel itself is a fantastic place to work (benefits, encourages a healthy workplace, good salaries), but my experience was negative due to poor management and oversight. The most important thing here is fit and whether you are likeable, and if you are too good at what you do others may see that as a threat. But that was only in my department, and from talking to others outside my department everyone else seemed to really enjoy their work.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Poor management, too many interpersonal conflicts
Great environment for students
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2016
Great place to begin to gather experience as a student. Not a stressful environment at all, you can work at a comfortable pace and take time to learn new concepts.
Awesome Workplace
Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2016
Working as Volunteer and learning a lot of things, very supportive Team members/co-workers, Fun and learning Environment, I am feeling Glad to Join the Region of peel.
Engaging
Housing Operation and Management Services (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON9 November 2016
Enjoyed a fun summer where I was able to meet new people and make lasting connections that may help to further me in an upcoming career.
Great work/life balance
Data Entry Clerk, Public Works (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2016
Great place to work! Great culture and co-workers. Had a short contract, but loved every minute of it! Great work experience and rapport built.
Summer Job Challenge
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON6 July 2016
it was a great experience. They select a group of people either heading to university that need a summer job or people who haven't had a job before and need experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i enjoyed worling with the elders
psw (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2016
preform direct patient care assistance with elimination/toileting/personal hygiene nutrition.activitied of daily living
Pros
feeling satisfied to make someone happy
Cons
hard work to the body
Waste Water Sampler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2016
I worked there as a student on a co-op placement. It was great, nice co-workers, supervisor was down to earth and everyday felt like hanging out with friends.
Well Rounded
Information Systems Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2015
Very challenging, met and stayed in contact with a couple of the staff that I had the privilege of working and learning with. They were very friendly and helpful during my co-op term, especially with employees in other fields with in the company.

It was also very convenient in terms of location, next to the mall, grocery store, and commute by bus or car made it easy.

Only flaw is that IT department archives for troubleshooting and software installation instructions should be updated frequently, especially when titles change.
Pros
pay, the atmosphere, the challenges to improve and enhance your skills, commute and convenience of the shopping centre
Cons
not up to date with troubleshooting/installation guides
Fun workplace, great environment, bad management
Assistant Inspector, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2016
My main duty was to identify downspouts still connected to the sanitary sewage collection system in selected basement flooding areas of the Region. All this information was entered into the Region of Peel system. Hansen Information Technologies is the program used by the municipalities in Ontario to save most of their data.

Inspectors for the Wastewater Section of the Environmental Control Division identify companies that might discharge wastewater with a high potential of contamination. While working for the Region of Peel, I spent a lot of time working with the Sampling staff collecting representative wastewater samples from the companies identified by the Inspectors. While collecting wastewater samples I had to follow the correct procedures in order to obtain representative and reliable samples.
Extremely busy position
Administrative Assistant - Director, H R (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON19 November 2015
Provided accurate and efficient confidential administrative support to the Director/Manager and Department.
Exercised discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality;
Prioritized and managed workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (ie. deadlines; multi-tasking; flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities).
Used software programs and other tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provided documents/ information that effectively supported the needs of the team.
Pros
The job was interesting - change was constant
Cons
Extremely busy - had to be on the ball.

4.4