Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Excellent Job Opportunity
Summer Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
Typically, the starts with the summary of events we are in charge or involved in. Sometimes it is a day of purely planning and brainstorming for the next month's activities.
I learned so much in this job opportunity; i learned about myself and i found out that there really is more behind the scenes.
The culture in my workplace has two things; fun and seriously professional.
The hardest part is the planning process because every detail matters.
however, the most enjoyable part is carrying out the planned activities.
Pros
Fun and Interactive
Fun place to work
Outreach worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Over all great experience.Love working and helping the people of Mississauga.Small efforts helped in great ways.Management was very understanding and offered insight with great detail in order to fully help their clients.
Pros
helping people
Cons
contract work
It was a very nice place to work with great people
Administrative Support - Public Health (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON29 July 2017
It was a pleasure working at the last place of employment. I would consider working there again in the future. It offers great opportunities and benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
A lot of competition
One of my favorite
Program Facilitator, Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
Volunteering at the Region of Peel is by far one of my favorite positions. I worked with a great community and improved on so many social work skills for my career.
Friendly and helpful culture
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON27 July 2017
Provided lots of training to help employees be prepared and understand their work better. Laid back culture with friendly employees who are willing to help others.
Great environment to work in
CLERK ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 July 2017
Current program is greatly beneficial. Program allows youth and those who have been out of a job for a while get back on their feet with job opportunities working with the city
Work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON7 June 2017
Peel Region is a large industry. Many different departments within the region. Many different areas that an individual can relocate to. The only problem is getting your foot into the door.
Fantastic job experience
Intern (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON29 May 2017
I worked at the region of peel as a contract summer student in a labour capacity it was a fantastic working experience not only were students paid appropriately but we had opportunities to network with people who worked in the fields that we studied, the region provided more than just a very suitable full time position for students they went above and beyond what it means to be a caring employer.
QC tech
Inspector & Technician / Organic Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
practical training on laboratory equipment including certifications on SOPs , the lab is accredited by CALA so safety is a priority

a great place to start of your career or complete cooperative education
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
hard to get in
Great place to work with a awesome staff
Curbside Representative (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON18 May 2017
The Region Of Peel was an amazing work place when it came to driving around for service calls and dealing with residents of Peel face to face rather than over the phone.
Job security was not the best as most of there employment was contract and non secure.
Pros
Team Events (Baseball, Potlucks)
Cons
Job security
overall a good job
Regular Part-time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 May 2017
I enjoyed the years provided from the region. I only wish that the program I was involved in had not been discontinued. I would like to see more effort in the future for struggling families and assistance from the region.
Invoices always paid late
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
Short term contract sole proprietor. Invoices were never submitted on a consistent basis and payment ALWAYS LATE and management on a specific unit made the work environment non enjoyable. Very greatful my contract was not renewed.
Pros
Workers on unit were genuine
Cons
Invoices were always paid late
Great work environment with positive enforcement
Contract Worker for Application Design (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2017
Was hired on contract to develop an application. I enjoyed communicating and working with the people in the planning department. There was some slight difficulties talking between the different departments due to redistribution of workers during the time i worked there.
Productive and Fun place to work
Records Management (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 March 2017
I love working at the Region of Peel. The environment is very friendly while maintaining a professional atmosphere. Clear knowledge of task and sufficient deadlines. Regular team lunches and updates to improve employee engagment.
Pros
Close to home and hours of operation
Fast paced and always learning
Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON22 February 2017
Fast paced and a great place to learn. Always advancing with new technologies, sometime a bit too quickly. Management encourages you to learn but there are also high expectations.
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to expand on education for other positions
Temporary-Full time (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2017
Coordinating School based immunizations including all students eligible for vaccines that helps keep them healthy and prevent illnesses to others.
I have learned the importance of vaccination for preventative long term care and environments preparedness
Friendly, professional work place environment.
The hardest part of the job, was to learn all the many pieces to how all the policies in place intertwine with each other.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating high school clinics.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for lunch and learn
Public Health Inspector Assistant
Public Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON26 January 2017
Great team and environment. Job allows you to make your own schedule and be independent. Job taught me time management and team work. Very diverse work environment.
Ok place to work
Coordinator, Education/Scheduling/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2016
Management has an open door policy which is great, good worklife balance but contract workers are treated unfairly at times.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Treat contract workers unfairly
Good place
Acting Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Busy fast paced. Good management, caring people. Opportunities to learn. And grow. Many good people to work with.
Benefits are ok could be better. Salary could be better, good job security, pension is good as well.
Prestigious Employer
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
The Region of Peel provides quality social services to all its residents.

The Housing Operations Division aka Peel Living is a recognized leader in creating innovative affordable housing. it is the largest residential landlord operating in the Region of Peel and the third largest social housing provider in Ontario.

It was my pleasure to have been an employee of this highly regarded employer.
Pros
Works with employees to ensure quality work and home life balance
Cons
Very "corporate"