Region of Peel

Region of Peel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive and Professional
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 26, 2014
I really enjoyed working as a Temp and found everyone very professional and positive.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Operational Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: competitive
The best job I've ever had. I learned so much as a worker and as a young women. I have received really good advice from co-workers and manages to help me be successful in my career. They explained the importance of going back to school and receiving a degree so that I can be all that I can be.
Monthly group lunches
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 31, 2014
Pros: monthly free lunches, helpful colleagues and managers
Cons: users spread all over the region, travelling involved
Very fast paced environment, weekly progress reports and meetings. Alot of deadlines to meet. Large number of users and applications to support.
The Region of Peel serves 1.3 million residents and approximately 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
Sr. QA Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Supported Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration. Pleasant work environment. The management is well orginized.
Amazing people to work with and safe/friendly work environment
Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2014
Typical day was laid back but did have it's times where you weren't able to sit down because you had so many high priority requests. Amazing management. Fun and friendly.
everything exciting
Volunteer Family Literacy (Current Employee), Brampton ONJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: hours are fine
Helping young children with activities, reading, singing, arts& crafts

Enjoyable and gets on fine with co-worker
Excellent Volunteer Program
General Store Collections/Attendant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 18, 2014
A variety of volunteer opportunities available working with seniors.
Enjoyable Place to work
Traffic Surveyor (Former Employee), BramptonJuly 3, 2014
Pros: ability to travel
Cons: long hours
Overall It was a good experience, I got to learn about surveying in general. Good hours and ability to travel.
Best company to work in.
Summer Student (Former Employee), Peel, ONMay 27, 2014
Had wonderful time here. Very kind and supportive people. A typical day at work was always good because every day we had different tasks to complete.
Highly values personal integrity, diversity, and community
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: team culture, highly qualified and diverse colleagues
Cons: political leadership, many leadership changes and reorganizations
ROP offers a very wide scope of opportunities and challenges, never a dull moment. Serving the community I live in is very satisfying to me.
serving customers with water calls
Assistant Technical (Current Employee), Peel, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: love the atmosphere
Cons: workload extremely heavy when short staffed
serving regional clients with water calls , payroll .. balancing of employees hours . working with fun loving people.. inputting vacation hr, personal days , sick days for the non bargainig unit
Pretty good overall.
Road worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: long hot days outside
Strike happened when I was working over the summer of 2012. Was fine until then.
Peel is the Best
Project Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: staff, busy, pay, benefits
Cons: very political
Excellent place to work. Dynamic and vibrant. They look after their employees
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 27, 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety – more... which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. – less
left a bad taste in my mouth
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: the money
Cons: boring, felt disconnected from employees, felt like a child working with a bunch of adults
I was there as a summer student for four months. My days were long-winded and boring mainly because they didn't have much for me to do ALL SUMMER, I believe it was because my department wasn't really prepared for my arrival. I had assumed I would have some work to do within the first few weeks, but the entire 4 months went by without me ever actually – more... feeling like I was contributing a lot.

It was a good way to make money over the summer but the lack of work and interaction with other human beings left a bad taste in my mouth. The people I worked with were very nice, but I did feel a slight disconnect..I'm at a point where I don't feel comfortable asking my supervisor for a reference for the simple fact that I didn't do much work over the summer and I'm afraid that might influence what he says about me EVEN THOUGH I put forth my best effort on the little tasks I was assigned over the four months. Additionally, I had very little interaction with my supervisor.

All in all, I don't think I would come back here again if I could help it. I came here wanting to learn more about my field and create some solid contacts in the industry, but ended up learning next to nothing with really no solid contacts that I would feel comfortable calling up over the next few years. – less
A Fun Experience in Peel
Non-Clinical Temp (Administrator) (Former Employee), Peel, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: i learned how to adapt to change and be amongst different people
Cons: my job was contract, it came to an end
I absolutely loved this job. My typical day would be just to show up, everyday was an adventure and I loved being apart of it. I loved meeting all types of different people. My Job was to register everyone who wanted to get the H1N1 shot. Another part of my job was to walk around the waiting room to make sure that everyone who received the shots were – more... ok. I loved what I did.

I learned that not everyone handles getting needles accordingly, some people can handle it, others can't. I learned how to use the system

The management team was AMAZING I have no complaints.

The co-workers really helped each other out, the nurses also supported each other which was very nice to see.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with different types of people

The most enjoyable part of my job was everything. I honestly loved everything about it. – less
Region is a fun place to work. We have lots of entertainment, barbeques, social gatherings etc.
Administrative SupportAdministrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton/MississaugaAugust 29, 2013
Pros: no presure, gifts and recommendations for hard work
Cons: long hours if there is a deadline on a project
I am a workaholic, love being busy and complete all the task given in time. I am very organized, accurate and flexible

I have learned a lot of database software through my 6 years experience within the Region

I work cooperatively with the Management team.

I am so blessed to have such excellent co-workers in my entire job career. It takes time to – more... adjust and be there for the team whenever there is crisis. I have been there and I know what it takes to be helpful, kind and considerate.

The hardest part of the job is that I can never say no to anyone. However busy I am, if there is a colleague who needs help and who is behind in her work if we have a deadline, I will be there to help.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we all work as one big family. Very supportive and helpful. – less
Excellent working environment
Laboratory helper (Former Employee), Peel, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: awesome workplace
Cons: being a co-op position i couldn't go back there.
- Some of the best co-workers and supervisors to work with
- Flexible work times
- Great support from Manager and supervisor whenever required
- Hardest part of the job in the beginning was to call people and ask for water test but eventually learnt how to go about it.
- Data entry was the easiest but time consuming job.
Hands on experience on an wide array of IT technologies
Technical Lead, Infrastructure Project (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 26, 2013
Pros: compressed work weeks
RoP is an excellent place to work where an IT professional gets a working knowledge of a wide array of technologies ranging from switches and routers, to physical and virtual servers, to storage networks and IT Architecture and security. The potential to learn new technologies is unlimited.

The work is fast paced leading to success if you are talented – more... at multitasking and prioritizing.

Interaction with my immediate team is the highlight of my day as it comprises of some very skillful and fun loving people. – less
1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, getting work done
Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), BramptonApril 2, 2013
Pros: inspired and having work done
Cons: hates delays.
A typical day at work is Gathering of project requirement and preparing business requirement document.

What i learned was how to face and deal with chanllenges in other to attain a qualitative deliverables.

Management, efficient and coordinated.

My co-workers they are good team players and dedicated regards job.

The hardest part of my job is when – more... there is a constraints, time factor and scope creep.

The most enjoyable parts of my job is when my deliverables meets the taste of the stakeholders and the general acceptance of the end users. – less

About Region of Peel