Region of Peel

Customer service
Photocopying
Filing
Sort work orders
I learned how to manage my time effectively, work with others, I gained a greater understanding of the work force.
friendly and welcoming environment
admin assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Aboriginal community and tradition.
Every day at work was fun and knowledgeable.
I enjoyed helping people in the aboriginal community
very professional and productive environment
Placement (Former Employee), BramptonApril 21, 2015
I like my supervisor and gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
My co-workers are very helpful and hard working. I worked with laundry and housekeeping staff.
A wonderful place to work
Consultant (Current Employee), BramptonMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work. People are friendly, and welcoming. Great staff, managers, and Directors. Had a great team to work with there.
Friendly environment, amazing co-workers.
Sorter (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 21, 2015
This is a great place to work, The people are great.
I get along with all my co-workers and managers.
I don't go through a hard time with anything,
It's not a hard job at all, though you have to be fast with what your doing because your working with a moving line,
Positive work environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good people to work with, fairly good upper management
Cons: lack of support at times, doesnt every job have poor manangement at times? just need to learn how to work with them
Working for the Region of Peel was a very rewarding experience. Not only did it provide me with the opportunity to grow intellectually but also grow as a person. The clientele we deal with is very multi cultural and the majority of our calls come from those who are very familiar with the 911 system. Its compassion, education and being able to see where they are coming that was able to provide me with the true empathy that is required in this job. Yes we do have those "hot" calls and are required to think quickly and resort back to that door in our mind that reads "VSA" or "Child birth" or "Acute CHF", but in all honesty the majority of our calls is really just talking to people and having the ability to calm them down and tell them that you are there only to support them. The Region of Peel appreciates these values and allowed us to take that extra time on a call if required to help those who needed the extra time.
Great Experience
Nursing Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: i did'nt have to work weekends
Cons: it was a summer position
Having worked within the sectors of the Region of Peel was a great opportunity and experience. I learned so much in a very short time being that it was a student summer program. The staff and those in charge were very helpful and being that it was my first time being in a Long Term Care Facility, I never felt as though I didn't belong.

My days there were mostly occupied with paperwork, answering phones, and ordering supplies for the office. However, there where many occasions where I was allowed to interact with the residents and their family members. Overall I really enjoyed my time there and would love to be in such an environment like that again.
Positive and Professional
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 26, 2014
I really enjoyed working as a Temp and found everyone very professional and positive.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Operational Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: competitive
The best job I've ever had. I learned so much as a worker and as a young women. I have received really good advice from co-workers and manages to help me be successful in my career. They explained the importance of going back to school and receiving a degree so that I can be all that I can be.
Monthly group lunches
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 31, 2014
Pros: monthly free lunches, helpful colleagues and managers
Cons: users spread all over the region, travelling involved
Very fast paced environment, weekly progress reports and meetings. Alot of deadlines to meet. Large number of users and applications to support.
The Region of Peel serves 1.3 million residents and approximately 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga.
Sr. QA Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Supported Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration. Pleasant work environment. The management is well orginized.
Amazing people to work with and safe/friendly work environment
Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2014
Typical day was laid back but did have it's times where you weren't able to sit down because you had so many high priority requests. Amazing management. Fun and friendly.
everything exciting
Volunteer Family Literacy (Current Employee), Brampton ONJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: hours are fine
Helping young children with activities, reading, singing, arts& crafts

Enjoyable and gets on fine with co-worker
Excellent Volunteer Program
General Store Collections/Attendant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 18, 2014
A variety of volunteer opportunities available working with seniors.
Enjoyable Place to work
Traffic Surveyor (Former Employee), BramptonJuly 3, 2014
Pros: ability to travel
Cons: long hours
Overall It was a good experience, I got to learn about surveying in general. Good hours and ability to travel.
Best company to work in.
Summer Student (Former Employee), Peel, ONMay 27, 2014
Had wonderful time here. Very kind and supportive people. A typical day at work was always good because every day we had different tasks to complete.
Highly values personal integrity, diversity, and community
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: team culture, highly qualified and diverse colleagues
Cons: political leadership, many leadership changes and reorganizations
ROP offers a very wide scope of opportunities and challenges, never a dull moment. Serving the community I live in is very satisfying to me.
serving customers with water calls
Assistant Technical (Current Employee), Peel, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: love the atmosphere
Cons: workload extremely heavy when short staffed
serving regional clients with water calls , payroll .. balancing of employees hours . working with fun loving people.. inputting vacation hr, personal days , sick days for the non bargainig unit
Peel is the Best
Project Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: staff, busy, pay, benefits
Cons: very political
Excellent place to work. Dynamic and vibrant. They look after their employees
Good Employer
Health and Safety Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 27, 2013
The Region of Peel is a great employer. Every day at the region of peel is different and challenging. There is never a dull moment as numerous safety issues do arise whether it involves a work refusal, critical injury, employee return to work issue, or environmental asbestos etc...

Management and workers always come together to ensure worker safety which is key to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.

About Region of Peel