Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Records Management (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 March 2017
I love working at the Region of Peel. The environment is very friendly while maintaining a professional atmosphere. Clear knowledge of task and sufficient deadlines. Regular team lunches and updates to improve employee engagment.
Pros
Close to home and hours of operation
Fast paced and always learning
Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON22 February 2017
Fast paced and a great place to learn. Always advancing with new technologies, sometime a bit too quickly. Management encourages you to learn but there are also high expectations.
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to expand on education for other positions
Temporary-Full time (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2017
Coordinating School based immunizations including all students eligible for vaccines that helps keep them healthy and prevent illnesses to others.
I have learned the importance of vaccination for preventative long term care and environments preparedness
Friendly, professional work place environment.
The hardest part of the job, was to learn all the many pieces to how all the policies in place intertwine with each other.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating high school clinics.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for lunch and learn
Public Health Inspector Assistant
Public Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON26 January 2017
Great team and environment. Job allows you to make your own schedule and be independent. Job taught me time management and team work. Very diverse work environment.
Ok place to work
Coordinator, Education/Scheduling/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2016
Management has an open door policy which is great, good worklife balance but contract workers are treated unfairly at times.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Treat contract workers unfairly
Good place
Acting Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Busy fast paced. Good management, caring people. Opportunities to learn. And grow. Many good people to work with.
Benefits are ok could be better. Salary could be better, good job security, pension is good as well.
Prestigious Employer
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
The Region of Peel provides quality social services to all its residents.

The Housing Operations Division aka Peel Living is a recognized leader in creating innovative affordable housing. it is the largest residential landlord operating in the Region of Peel and the third largest social housing provider in Ontario.

It was my pleasure to have been an employee of this highly regarded employer.
Pros
Works with employees to ensure quality work and home life balance
Cons
Very "corporate"
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Placements (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON9 November 2016
Everybody is really kind and helpful. They are always willing to help you and everyone takes some time to get to know you. I had an amazing experience with volunteering with the Region of Peel because I have developed so many valuable skills that can help me in the future. I also remember being a shy person, but after a while when I started to volunteer, I started to become a little more open.
Engaging
Housing Operation and Management Services (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON9 November 2016
Enjoyed a fun summer where I was able to meet new people and make lasting connections that may help to further me in an upcoming career.
Great environment for students
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2016
Great place to begin to gather experience as a student. Not a stressful environment at all, you can work at a comfortable pace and take time to learn new concepts.
Was a good place to work until the accountants became management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2016
This is a good place for training. They really push for and provide training for every aspect of your job. A typical day can be anything from trying to find enough to keep you busy for the day to not having enough staff to get all the work done, depending what department you work in.
Pros
Training is provided free through the company.
Cons
Expected to put in long hours, stressful work place.
Productive and place to learn more
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 October 2016
I love to work in Peel Region because here I learn much more in a very friendly atmosphere. It is well organized and well managed company which enhance my management studies. Coworkers are very cooperative and friendly.
LOve
Assessment Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
Love ROP! This is a great place to work at if you are passionate about helping ones in need. Most of my co workers were striving to help people who wanted and needed help which was great to see. I was a summer student for 4 years, 3 of which I was in the Assessment team determining peoples eligibility for Ontario Works, Child Care subsidy and Subsidized housing and 1 year I spent as an Eligibility Review officer looking into fraud cases
Pros
Great exposure
Cons
No wifi!
Great work/life balance
Data Entry Clerk, Public Works (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2016
Great place to work! Great culture and co-workers. Had a short contract, but loved every minute of it! Great work experience and rapport built.
No long term planning, no respect for knowledge
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Region of Peel14 September 2016
They can easily be better managed by knowledge based decision making professionals with employing one third of their workforce.

Lots of redundant work, lots of window dressing, no respect for employees, no respect for their own policies, celebrity culture and it is very hierarchical

I believe there are people that they are doing fine but it is not the case in my area.
Pros
lots of time for your hobbies
Cons
no job satisfaction, no feeling of you are adding a value
Productive, fun and helpful environment
Family literacy volunteer facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
I loved volunteering my time as a family literacy facilitator. It not only allowed me to gain experience in a teaching field but allowed me to make friendships and contacts that have been as equally beneficial to myself.
Awesome Workplace
Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2016
Working as Volunteer and learning a lot of things, very supportive Team members/co-workers, Fun and learning Environment, I am feeling Glad to Join the Region of peel.
Region of Peel good values diversity,supportive.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON8 July 2016
I believe an excellent organization to be part of and I learnt so much in my 14 years as a the role of an administrative support assistant
Peel is one of the most racially diverse places to work in Canada
It was a supportive,respectful environment with co workers in a very positive manner.
I provided efficient and effective quality service with always to practice two way communication in a very hectic fast pace within honest clear manner.
The most enjoyable part was to enable the caseworkers in their roles for all the clients coming in from all walks of life for social assistance
The teamwork was excellent with varied daily tasks.
Summer Job Challenge
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON6 July 2016
it was a great experience. They select a group of people either heading to university that need a summer job or people who haven't had a job before and need experience.
Pros
free lunch
Great Office Work Experience
Records Clerk (2015) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
Daily 8 hours shift with weekends off was amazing. Loved my co-workers since they never pressurized workload. From my manager to my co-worker we were all friendly to each other. I had the privilege to work at different location around Mississauga and to serve the community through my contribution.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
Far to commute

4.4