Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Good place
Acting Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2016
Busy fast paced. Good management, caring people. Opportunities to learn. And grow. Many good people to work with.
Benefits are ok could be better. Salary could be better, good job security, pension is good as well.
It's really great for some
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2016
The Region of Peel itself is a fantastic place to work (benefits, encourages a healthy workplace, good salaries), but my experience was negative due to poor management and oversight. The most important thing here is fit and whether you are likeable, and if you are too good at what you do others may see that as a threat. But that was only in my department, and from talking to others outside my department everyone else seemed to really enjoy their work.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Poor management, too many interpersonal conflicts
No long term planning, no respect for knowledge
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Region of Peel14 September 2016
They can easily be better managed by knowledge based decision making professionals with employing one third of their workforce.

Lots of redundant work, lots of window dressing, no respect for employees, no respect for their own policies, celebrity culture and it is very hierarchical

I believe there are people that they are doing fine but it is not the case in my area.
Pros
lots of time for your hobbies
Cons
no job satisfaction, no feeling of you are adding a value
Was a good place to work until the accountants became management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2016
This is a good place for training. They really push for and provide training for every aspect of your job. A typical day can be anything from trying to find enough to keep you busy for the day to not having enough staff to get all the work done, depending what department you work in.
Pros
Training is provided free through the company.
Cons
Expected to put in long hours, stressful work place.
Productive and place to learn more
Transportation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 October 2016
I love to work in Peel Region because here I learn much more in a very friendly atmosphere. It is well organized and well managed company which enhance my management studies. Coworkers are very cooperative and friendly.
Engaging
Housing Operation and Management Services (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON9 November 2016
Enjoyed a fun summer where I was able to meet new people and make lasting connections that may help to further me in an upcoming career.
Prestigious Employer
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
The Region of Peel provides quality social services to all its residents.

The Housing Operations Division aka Peel Living is a recognized leader in creating innovative affordable housing. it is the largest residential landlord operating in the Region of Peel and the third largest social housing provider in Ontario.

It was my pleasure to have been an employee of this highly regarded employer.
Pros
Works with employees to ensure quality work and home life balance
Cons
Very "corporate"
Great work/life balance
Data Entry Clerk, Public Works (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2016
Great place to work! Great culture and co-workers. Had a short contract, but loved every minute of it! Great work experience and rapport built.
Overall, good place to work!
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton14 September 2015
Typical call centre duties, opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions because the wide range of requests and services handled through the Contact Centre. Management is decent and can't complain too much. I had the best Supervisor so my experience was awesome but not all the supervisors deserve the same level of recognition. And some supervisors clearly have favourites. A lot of politics as well and some staff seem to know a lot more of information about others which is strange. However, there are some great people who work there and if you don't mind dealing with the public in a front line environment, this is a great opportunity!
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, great pay, lots of room for growth!
Cons
Contract position and management styles all different
Region of Peel good values diversity,supportive.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON8 July 2016
I believe an excellent organization to be part of and I learnt so much in my 14 years as a the role of an administrative support assistant
Peel is one of the most racially diverse places to work in Canada
It was a supportive,respectful environment with co workers in a very positive manner.
I provided efficient and effective quality service with always to practice two way communication in a very hectic fast pace within honest clear manner.
The most enjoyable part was to enable the caseworkers in their roles for all the clients coming in from all walks of life for social assistance
The teamwork was excellent with varied daily tasks.
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Placements (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON9 November 2016
Everybody is really kind and helpful. They are always willing to help you and everyone takes some time to get to know you. I had an amazing experience with volunteering with the Region of Peel because I have developed so many valuable skills that can help me in the future. I also remember being a shy person, but after a while when I started to volunteer, I started to become a little more open.
LOve
Assessment Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
Love ROP! This is a great place to work at if you are passionate about helping ones in need. Most of my co workers were striving to help people who wanted and needed help which was great to see. I was a summer student for 4 years, 3 of which I was in the Assessment team determining peoples eligibility for Ontario Works, Child Care subsidy and Subsidized housing and 1 year I spent as an Eligibility Review officer looking into fraud cases
Pros
Great exposure
Cons
No wifi!
Productive, fun and helpful environment
Family literacy volunteer facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
I loved volunteering my time as a family literacy facilitator. It not only allowed me to gain experience in a teaching field but allowed me to make friendships and contacts that have been as equally beneficial to myself.
A day at the Region of Peel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2015
I work primarily with Access databases. I find the work very satisfying and challenging. I am asked to create new databases and database reports quite often. I really enjoy the programming aspect of the job, I have always had a very logical mind.
The Region is very flexible with work/life balance and I am able to work from home 2 days a week which I enjoy tremendously.
I also design and modify Crystal Reports for the Treasury department, this is another part of the job that a enjoy.
Pros
Being able to work from home. The management is very supportive.
Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga5 August 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff and upper Management. Excellent pay, benefits, vacation, flex hours and so much more. Lots of learning, development and advancement opportunities. Can be a high stress and demanding workplace but work/life balance as well as health and wellness are high priorities.
Pros
Flexible hours and time off with great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding workplace
Great environment for students
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2016
Great place to begin to gather experience as a student. Not a stressful environment at all, you can work at a comfortable pace and take time to learn new concepts.
Awesome Workplace
Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2016
Working as Volunteer and learning a lot of things, very supportive Team members/co-workers, Fun and learning Environment, I am feeling Glad to Join the Region of peel.
workplace
CSR-Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON5 November 2015
The most rewarding part is learning from peers and supportive management.
Decent amount of politics.
The office should have more workers to support growth.
Pros
lunch time
Great Office Work Experience
Records Clerk (2015) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2016
Daily 8 hours shift with weekends off was amazing. Loved my co-workers since they never pressurized workload. From my manager to my co-worker we were all friendly to each other. I had the privilege to work at different location around Mississauga and to serve the community through my contribution.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
Far to commute
Summer Job Challenge
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON6 July 2016
it was a great experience. They select a group of people either heading to university that need a summer job or people who haven't had a job before and need experience.
Pros
free lunch

4.4