Region of Peel Employee Review

View all Region of Peel reviews

left a bad taste in my mouth
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2013
I was there as a summer student for four months. My days were long-winded and boring mainly because they didn't have much for me to do ALL SUMMER, I believe it was because my department wasn't really prepared for my arrival. I had assumed I would have some work to do within the first few weeks, but the entire 4 months went by without me ever actually feeling like I was contributing a lot.

It was a good way to make money over the summer but the lack of work and interaction with other human beings left a bad taste in my mouth. The people I worked with were very nice, but I did feel a slight disconnect..I'm at a point where I don't feel comfortable asking my supervisor for a reference for the simple fact that I didn't do much work over the summer and I'm afraid that might influence what he says about me EVEN THOUGH I put forth my best effort on the little tasks I was assigned over the four months. Additionally, I had very little interaction with my supervisor.

All in all, I don't think I would come back here again if I could help it. I came here wanting to learn more about my field and create some solid contacts in the industry, but ended up learning next to nothing with really no solid contacts that I would feel comfortable calling up over the next few years.
Pros
the money
Cons
boring, felt disconnected from employees, felt like a child working with a bunch of adults

Other Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Excellent Job Opportunity
Summer Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
Typically, the starts with the summary of events we are in charge or involved in. Sometimes it is a day of purely planning and brainstorming for the next month's activities.
I learned so much in this job opportunity; i learned about myself and i found out that there really is more behind the scenes.
The culture in my workplace has two things; fun and seriously professional.
The hardest part is the planning process because every detail matters.
however, the most enjoyable part is carrying out the planned activities.
Pros
Fun and Interactive
Fun place to work
Outreach worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Over all great experience.Love working and helping the people of Mississauga.Small efforts helped in great ways.Management was very understanding and offered insight with great detail in order to fully help their clients.
Pros
helping people
Cons
contract work