Region of Peel Employee Review

View all Region of Peel reviews

left a bad taste in my mouth
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2013
I was there as a summer student for four months. My days were long-winded and boring mainly because they didn't have much for me to do ALL SUMMER, I believe it was because my department wasn't really prepared for my arrival. I had assumed I would have some work to do within the first few weeks, but the entire 4 months went by without me ever actually feeling like I was contributing a lot.

It was a good way to make money over the summer but the lack of work and interaction with other human beings left a bad taste in my mouth. The people I worked with were very nice, but I did feel a slight disconnect..I'm at a point where I don't feel comfortable asking my supervisor for a reference for the simple fact that I didn't do much work over the summer and I'm afraid that might influence what he says about me EVEN THOUGH I put forth my best effort on the little tasks I was assigned over the four months. Additionally, I had very little interaction with my supervisor.

All in all, I don't think I would come back here again if I could help it. I came here wanting to learn more about my field and create some solid contacts in the industry, but ended up learning next to nothing with really no solid contacts that I would feel comfortable calling up over the next few years.
the money
boring, felt disconnected from employees, felt like a child working with a bunch of adults

Other Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Great team to be a part of
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
Working with the Region of Peel has been extremely beneficial for my career. As a RECE, it has provided me with ample amount of training that I have applied and still apply to my teaching in my home daycare. I appreciated their full commitment in providing excellent childcare and in allowing their staff to expand/continue their learning.
Opportunities to advance in your career
Nice work environment and newer technology
Senior GIS Developer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2018
I have got good opportunity to newer technology in GIS development area. Working web based and mobile based GIS development projects using ArcGIS Server and Geocortex