Region of Peel Employee Reviews in Canada

It's really great for some
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
The Region of Peel itself is a fantastic place to work (benefits, encourages a healthy workplace, good salaries), but my experience was negative due to poor management and oversight. The most important thing here is fit and whether you are likeable, and if you are too good at what you do others may see that as a threat. But that was only in my department, and from talking to others outside my department everyone else seemed to really enjoy their work.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Poor management, too many interpersonal conflicts
Regional of Peel
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2016
Contract position for a few months. My job was to input patients Health card Number in system and then refer them to a nurse to administering injection for SARS.
Immunization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peel, ONFebruary 4, 2016
The Region of Peel provides a supportive and diverse environment for all its employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to work and grow within the company and it is a great place to be employed at.
awesome
Material Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
amazing place to work and i loved it very much. pay is very good and everyone is friendly and kind.
good work structure
good pay
Pros
good money
Fun workplace, great environment, bad management
Assistant Inspector, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
My main duty was to identify downspouts still connected to the sanitary sewage collection system in selected basement flooding areas of the Region. All this information was entered into the Region of Peel system. Hansen Information Technologies is the program used by the municipalities in Ontario to save most of their data.

Inspectors for the Wastewater Section of the Environmental Control Division identify companies that might discharge wastewater with a high potential of contamination. While working for the Region of Peel, I spent a lot of time working with the Sampling staff collecting representative wastewater samples from the companies identified by the Inspectors. While collecting wastewater samples I had to follow the correct procedures in order to obtain representative and reliable samples.
Well Rounded
Information Systems Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 9, 2015
Very challenging, met and stayed in contact with a couple of the staff that I had the privilege of working and learning with. They were very friendly and helpful during my co-op term, especially with employees in other fields with in the company.

It was also very convenient in terms of location, next to the mall, grocery store, and commute by bus or car made it easy.

Only flaw is that IT department archives for troubleshooting and software installation instructions should be updated frequently, especially when titles change.
Pros
pay, the atmosphere, the challenges to improve and enhance your skills, commute and convenience of the shopping centre
Cons
not up to date with troubleshooting/installation guides
Extremely busy position
Administrative Assistant - Director, H R (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONNovember 19, 2015
Provided accurate and efficient confidential administrative support to the Director/Manager and Department.
Exercised discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality;
Prioritized and managed workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (ie. deadlines; multi-tasking; flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities).
Used software programs and other tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provided documents/ information that effectively supported the needs of the team.
Pros
The job was interesting - change was constant
Cons
Extremely busy - had to be on the ball.
Administrative Assistant in Public Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2015
Being one of 5 assistants to the managers of Public Health is a big role. The best aspect of my job here was the cross function training so that all 5 admins, including myself, could seamlessly cover off when one of the admins was on holidays or off sick.
workplace
CSR-Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peel, ONNovember 5, 2015
The most rewarding part is learning from peers and supportive management.
Decent amount of politics.
The office should have more workers to support growth.
Pros
lunch time
A day at the Region of Peel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
I work primarily with Access databases. I find the work very satisfying and challenging. I am asked to create new databases and database reports quite often. I really enjoy the programming aspect of the job, I have always had a very logical mind.
The Region is very flexible with work/life balance and I am able to work from home 2 days a week which I enjoy tremendously.
I also design and modify Crystal Reports for the Treasury department, this is another part of the job that a enjoy.
Pros
Being able to work from home. The management is very supportive.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes communicating with the residents of The Region of Peel and supporting their service needs (social media, Public Works, Water billing, Social Services, Health etc...
Wonderful learning experience
Activation Therapy Youth Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton , ONOctober 1, 2015
Its a positive working environment, ive learned alot working within the region of peel.I worked full time in the actvation department. I experienced working with elederly people and enjoyed my job.
Pros
employee disconts
Overall, good place to work!
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 14, 2015
Typical call centre duties, opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions because the wide range of requests and services handled through the Contact Centre. Management is decent and can't complain too much. I had the best Supervisor so my experience was awesome but not all the supervisors deserve the same level of recognition. And some supervisors clearly have favourites. A lot of politics as well and some staff seem to know a lot more of information about others which is strange. However, there are some great people who work there and if you don't mind dealing with the public in a front line environment, this is a great opportunity!
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, great pay, lots of room for growth!
Cons
Contract position and management styles all different
Great opportunity for students
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2015
Summer student positions with the Region are a great way to gain experience and to save money for college and university. You are able to learn from those who you support in your job and the positions are specialized in a way that you can still contribute to your department but you are not put in a position above your capabilities. I've had great supervisors who have supported my career goals and provided me with information on how to grow within the company. However, experience dealing with HR was less than satisfactory (ex: my emails were ignored, I was told that my request was being reviewed when it wasn't, I was not called back when I was told I would be, felt as though I was "annoying" them when trying to get a proper response) and I feel as though my poor experience with HR will negatively affect me when I apply to external career opportunities with the Region outside of summer student positions. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend applying for the summer student positions at the Region.
Pros
Ability to gain experience, helps you to pay for school (summer student), friendly work atmosphere
Cons
Some student positions are more challenging than others
Management (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff and upper Management. Excellent pay, benefits, vacation, flex hours and so much more. Lots of learning, development and advancement opportunities. Can be a high stress and demanding workplace but work/life balance as well as health and wellness are high priorities.
Pros
Flexible hours and time off with great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding workplace
Corporate Culture
Co-Chair Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 22, 2015
Very inclusive and informative. They provide ample opportunities to move around within the company.

It is easily located, the hours of work are manageable, adaptability is essential because it is a government organization.
Enjoyable Corporation
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2015
The Region of Peel offers many different job opportunities and learning assignments. The Region of Peel is supervised and managed by wonderful and supportive individuals. I can honest, not say one bad word about this corporation.
Mature working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
Customer service
Photocopying
Filing
Sort work orders
I learned how to manage my time effectively, work with others, I gained a greater understanding of the work force.
friendly and welcoming environment
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the Aboriginal community and tradition.
Every day at work was fun and knowledgeable.
I enjoyed helping people in the aboriginal community
very professional and productive environment
Placement (Former Employee) –  BramptonApril 21, 2015
I like my supervisor and gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
My co-workers are very helpful and hard working. I worked with laundry and housekeeping staff.

4.4