Region of Peel Employee Reviews

No long term planning, no respect for knowledge
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Region of PeelSeptember 14, 2016
They can easily be better managed by knowledge based decision making professionals with employing one third of their workforce.

Lots of redundant work, lots of window dressing, no respect for employees, no respect for their own policies, celebrity culture and it is very hierarchical

I believe there are people that they are doing fine but it is not the case in my area.
Pros
lots of time for your hobbies
Cons
no job satisfaction, no feeling of you are adding a value
Region of Peel good values diversity,supportive.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONJuly 8, 2016
I believe an excellent organization to be part of and I learnt so much in my 14 years as a the role of an administrative support assistant
Peel is one of the most racially diverse places to work in Canada
It was a supportive,respectful environment with co workers in a very positive manner.
I provided efficient and effective quality service with always to practice two way communication in a very hectic fast pace within honest clear manner.
The most enjoyable part was to enable the caseworkers in their roles for all the clients coming in from all walks of life for social assistance
The teamwork was excellent with varied daily tasks.
Great Office Work Experience
Records Clerk (2015) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 30, 2016
Daily 8 hours shift with weekends off was amazing. Loved my co-workers since they never pressurized workload. From my manager to my co-worker we were all friendly to each other. I had the privilege to work at different location around Mississauga and to serve the community through my contribution.
Pros
Relaxing job
Cons
Far to commute
It's really great for some
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
The Region of Peel itself is a fantastic place to work (benefits, encourages a healthy workplace, good salaries), but my experience was negative due to poor management and oversight. The most important thing here is fit and whether you are likeable, and if you are too good at what you do others may see that as a threat. But that was only in my department, and from talking to others outside my department everyone else seemed to really enjoy their work.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Poor management, too many interpersonal conflicts
Productive, fun and helpful environment
Family literacy volunteer facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2016
I loved volunteering my time as a family literacy facilitator. It not only allowed me to gain experience in a teaching field but allowed me to make friendships and contacts that have been as equally beneficial to myself.
Awesome Workplace
Office Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working as Volunteer and learning a lot of things, very supportive Team members/co-workers, Fun and learning Environment, I am feeling Glad to Join the Region of peel.
Summer Job Challenge
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONJuly 6, 2016
it was a great experience. They select a group of people either heading to university that need a summer job or people who haven't had a job before and need experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i enjoyed worling with the elders
psw (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
preform direct patient care assistance with elimination/toileting/personal hygiene nutrition.activitied of daily living
Pros
feeling satisfied to make someone happy
Cons
hard work to the body
Waste Water Sampler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2016
I worked there as a student on a co-op placement. It was great, nice co-workers, supervisor was down to earth and everyday felt like hanging out with friends.
Fun workplace, great environment, bad management
Assistant Inspector, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
My main duty was to identify downspouts still connected to the sanitary sewage collection system in selected basement flooding areas of the Region. All this information was entered into the Region of Peel system. Hansen Information Technologies is the program used by the municipalities in Ontario to save most of their data.

Inspectors for the Wastewater Section of the Environmental Control Division identify companies that might discharge wastewater with a high potential of contamination. While working for the Region of Peel, I spent a lot of time working with the Sampling staff collecting representative wastewater samples from the companies identified by the Inspectors. While collecting wastewater samples I had to follow the correct procedures in order to obtain representative and reliable samples.
Well Rounded
Information Systems Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 9, 2015
Very challenging, met and stayed in contact with a couple of the staff that I had the privilege of working and learning with. They were very friendly and helpful during my co-op term, especially with employees in other fields with in the company.

It was also very convenient in terms of location, next to the mall, grocery store, and commute by bus or car made it easy.

Only flaw is that IT department archives for troubleshooting and software installation instructions should be updated frequently, especially when titles change.
Pros
pay, the atmosphere, the challenges to improve and enhance your skills, commute and convenience of the shopping centre
Cons
not up to date with troubleshooting/installation guides
Extremely busy position
Administrative Assistant - Director, H R (Former Employee) –  Peel, ONNovember 19, 2015
Provided accurate and efficient confidential administrative support to the Director/Manager and Department.
Exercised discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality;
Prioritized and managed workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (ie. deadlines; multi-tasking; flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities).
Used software programs and other tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provided documents/ information that effectively supported the needs of the team.
Pros
The job was interesting - change was constant
Cons
Extremely busy - had to be on the ball.
Immunization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peel, ONFebruary 4, 2016
The Region of Peel provides a supportive and diverse environment for all its employees. Each individual is given the opportunity to work and grow within the company and it is a great place to be employed at.
Regional of Peel
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2016
Contract position for a few months. My job was to input patients Health card Number in system and then refer them to a nurse to administering injection for SARS.
A day at the Region of Peel
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
I work primarily with Access databases. I find the work very satisfying and challenging. I am asked to create new databases and database reports quite often. I really enjoy the programming aspect of the job, I have always had a very logical mind.
The Region is very flexible with work/life balance and I am able to work from home 2 days a week which I enjoy tremendously.
I also design and modify Crystal Reports for the Treasury department, this is another part of the job that a enjoy.
Pros
Being able to work from home. The management is very supportive.
Administrative Assistant in Public Health
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2015
Being one of 5 assistants to the managers of Public Health is a big role. The best aspect of my job here was the cross function training so that all 5 admins, including myself, could seamlessly cover off when one of the admins was on holidays or off sick.
awesome
Material Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
amazing place to work and i loved it very much. pay is very good and everyone is friendly and kind.
good work structure
good pay
Pros
good money
Overall, good place to work!
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 14, 2015
Typical call centre duties, opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions because the wide range of requests and services handled through the Contact Centre. Management is decent and can't complain too much. I had the best Supervisor so my experience was awesome but not all the supervisors deserve the same level of recognition. And some supervisors clearly have favourites. A lot of politics as well and some staff seem to know a lot more of information about others which is strange. However, there are some great people who work there and if you don't mind dealing with the public in a front line environment, this is a great opportunity!
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, great pay, lots of room for growth!
Cons
Contract position and management styles all different
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes communicating with the residents of The Region of Peel and supporting their service needs (social media, Public Works, Water billing, Social Services, Health etc...
Management (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff and upper Management. Excellent pay, benefits, vacation, flex hours and so much more. Lots of learning, development and advancement opportunities. Can be a high stress and demanding workplace but work/life balance as well as health and wellness are high priorities.
Pros
Flexible hours and time off with great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding workplace

4.4