The Employment Facilitator provides a combination of group based and one-on-one support to multi-barriered youth working towards employment self sufficiency.
Reporting to: Program Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess clients for employability and identify barriers to employment.
- Provide client centred vocational counselling to motivate and facilitate behaviour change and coordinate work towards achievement of employment action plan activities.
- Monitor progress on employment action plan activities and identify, address and provide supports for issues that may affect participation, adjusting employment action plan as needed.
- Work with client to develop individualized employment action plan with the goal of employment or further education as an outcome.
- Develop workshops including research, curriculum and study materials to meet contract outcomes.
- Create a safe, interactive learning environment inside and outside of the classroom.
- Coordinate and participate in weekly out of classroom learning sessions related to, but not limited to, volunteering, educational option, employment options and in person job searching.
- Coordinate opportunities for guest speakers pertaining to identified client action plan activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate life and employability skills workshops which will link directly to workplace involvement including but not limited to: personality assessments (including Colour Spectrums), motivational interviewing and stages of change, choice theory, goal setting/action plans, career exploration, work place culture/employer expectations, financial literacy, communication in the workplace: anger management, conflict resolution, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Maintaining confidential client files
- Maintain proper client case notes and complete all paperwork surrounding client assessments, action plans and outcome forms.
- Evaluate group sessions in order to improve or replace sessions.
- Complete all required program reporting.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of adult education concepts.
- Knowledge of employability skills material and facilitation techniques.
- Knowledge of community networks and partners with the ability to make and sustain contacts.
- Knowledge of labour market and employment opportunities
- Ability to make and sustain connections with employers
- Knowledge of employment and educational programs.
- Knowledge of vocational assessments, career counselling theory and practice.
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing and stages of change.
- Knowledge of choice theory and reality therapy.
- Knowledge of employment action plan creation and facilitation.
- Problem solving - continuously looking for ways and means to move clients forward
- Results based - judging all actions based on client employment goals
- Ability to develop supportive relationships with clients from various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to plan, organize and research
- Flexible - able to move and change as circumstances warrant
- Purposeful - able to deliver purposeful activities - always having a reason for any action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology in:
- Microsoft Office Business Edition including databases.
- E-mail and Internet navigation.
- Cell phone use for the purpose of texting.
- Undergraduate degree in Adult Education, or any Social Science.
- Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change training or a commitment to pursue certification.
- Reality Therapy Certified, or a commitment to purse certification
- Group facilitation training
- Educational specialization in vocational services.
- Colour Spectrums certification.
- Minimum two years experience in counselling and/or group facilitation, particularly in the human service sector and in community based organizations
- Preference will be given to combined employment counselling and group facilitation experience
- Experience in the career and employment field would be a definite asset.
- Experience working with multi barriered clients would be a definite asset.
A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Our name defines out mission--preparing people for work. Even in our busy economy there are people who are not participating in the labour...