Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region Employee Reviews

Good workplace with good benefits.
IT Senio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work is helping out users with their access to files on the network. I've learned how to management my time in a more effective way. Management treats everyone equally. My co-workers always make sure that I have everything that I needed when I started working with the Health Region. The hardest part of the job is when you do nothing and that makes the time so slow. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we meet people to gather data or help them out if we can't help them remotely.
Pros
You get to have 3rd Friday off.
Full time job
unit support working (Former Employee) –  regina saskatchewanMay 16, 2016
Looking for a full time job that i can advance in, i am able to work alone or in a group, i am self sufficient and can figure things out on my own with little instruction
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  2110 Hamilton Street, Regina, SKJanuary 21, 2016
Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (IT Dept.) has been one of the best workplace I have ever worked for so far. Colleagues & the managers are friendly.

Employees get one Friday off in a month & the hours are flexible. Work environment is multi cultural which means one comes into contact with people from different cultures.

No need to accumulate hours. employee can use all the vacation hours at once just after the end of the year which is the March 31st of each year.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No deadlines at work
get out while you can
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 11, 2016
constant complaining from employees and people were always eager to throw each other under the bus, which happens to be a commonly used term there. Treats certain individuals or employees such as those with disabilities with disrespect despite being health care and corporate or company goals and objectives don't align with actions of the organization. Too heavily bureaucratic and inefficient, management have no idea what is happening on the front lines and waste time on committee meetings which are a complete waste of periodically. getting yelled at by other staff and staff who are not really there for the patient as the TV commercials states, but for the money and pay every 2 weeks. I've seen staff too often take pleasure in other staff members misfortunes.
Pros
time off and benefits
Cons
poor culture and morale
Great environment and interesting work
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina SKMay 5, 2015
The job can be very interesting, with medicine students and staff always around you learn a lot about medicine and hospitals.
Did not support my illness
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  general and pasqua hospitalsAugust 12, 2014
Typical job is poking as many people as possible without regard to their safety. The most pokes you could get done was the goal. They say that the patient is the most important part of system but the management did not care as long as the sample was collected. Co-workers will throw you under the bus when given the chance.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
the poeple that you work with
really fun work place
Stores and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 17, 2014
I love working for the hospital. it is a fun and very good job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
A great job with repeat opportunities for contributing to our community
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 1, 2014
Working in a fast paced environment with a very demanding physical schedule on filling Rx and delivering items to hospital wards, I've learned to organize and manage my time well in order to adhere to the schedule. I work with a great team of efficient, knowledgeable, and responsible co-workers. Due to my physical limitations in lifting and reaching over head from shoulder injuries, I struggle with those demands of the job. My most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am contributing and making a difference in caring and attending to the needs of patients.
Pros
great benefits and salary
Cons
too physically demanding for my physical abilities.
I really enjoy the team work that takes place in my department.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Regina General HospitalDecember 17, 2013
It really makes the job easy as everyone on the team plays their part with consideration for the other team member.
I work with great coworkers that can laugh and have some fun at work.
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 23, 2013
My typical day at work involves answering phone calls, filling orders and ordering medications for my facility and other facilities in the health region.
I put all of the stock away when it arrives. I do a lot of multitasking throughout the day with requests from pharmacists and other technicians.
I find it very rewarding when I can answer a question from a coworker that has been in the pharmacy longer than me.
Pros
management holds a lot of information meetings with all of the staff regularly.
Cons
get overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done without any help some days.
you can find better
ORA (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 19, 2013
a typical day at work is like a trip to the circus - chaos, confusion, mismanagement, constant errors by vital departments to the added effect of excessive waste, bias issues, poor employee relations, ineffective people put in positions of power with no accountability or will to make changes needed.
morale is always low, nobody cares about their job, no efforts to boost it
they also have some of the dirtiest, un-kept equipment i have ever seen, with no real will to replace the aging equipment.
Pros
none i can think of
Cons
the whole operation
challenging workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 22, 2013
A typical day at work entails presence of mind and concentration, as we are handling patient samples, and mistakes and mix-ups are less than acceptable. In this workplace i have learned to multi-task while maintaining organization on my work, as well as problem solving skills which require patience, understanding and presence of mind.
benefits
Cons
workload
Working as a Home Health Aide is a very rewarding career.
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 11, 2013
Working as a home health aide is the most satisfying job I have ever had. Helping others and getting to know so many interesting people has been wonderful.
Pros
work independently much of the time.
Cons
heavy work physically at times, and a lot of driving.
Great Managers
Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  ReginaSeptember 28, 2012
Team supported environment. Would gladly work for this employer again.
Pros
team support
Cons
not enough full-time employment for rehab assistants

Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region Reviews by Location