In this performance-based company, Incumbent is responsible for supervising employees and maintaining production and quality levels while maintaining a continuous improvement focus in a manufacturing/production environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a proactive, energetic leader with abilities to motivate and persuade change.
- Lead, manage and maintain a positive environment focusing on Lean Manufacturing strategies and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supervise employees in a manufacturing/production union environment
- Maintain production levels as specified on weekly schedules
- Responsible for the consistent quality of product and assembly processes
- Work order reporting and maintenance on a daily basis
- Ensure employees have resources needed to do their job
- Process improvements in sub-assembly, assembly and material handling
- Training and performance measurement of new and existing employees
- Work cell / Assembly line balancing, Standardized Work and cross training of employees
- Maintain proper practices in the Plant Occupational Health and Safety
- Deal with union related issues when required
- Involvement with product introduction to shop floor / assembly lines
- Maintain a current knowledge of product, design and assembly techniques
- Coordinate workflow with other departments and shifts
- Other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATION:
Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
Ability to take initiative and follow through until completion
Strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with management and employees
Abilities in developing effective teams
Minimum High School Graduate or equivalent
Courses in Operations Management, Supervision, Leadership or related an asset
Lean Manufacturing training preferred
Minimum 5 years experience in Supervision in a Manufacturing/Production environment
Previous experience working in a union environment would be an asset
Experience with Lean concepts, team building and continuous improvement tools
Established in 1979, Regency Fireplace Products, the flagship brand of FPI Fireplace Products International Ltd., is a world leader in the...