Refrigerative Supply is a family business, which has a Head Office in Burnaby and thirteen other branches in Western Canada. We hold the values of accountability, integrity, leadership, trust and the tradition of hard work very closely. Professional and knowledgeable service is the standard we set.
We are hiring a Temporary Human Resources Generalist (3 months contract initially, likely to be extended) to be based at our Head Office.
Under the guidance of the HR Specialist, this role will require hands-on involvement in all aspect of HR including recruitment (primary role), policy & procedure maintenance implementation and employee relations.
Ideal candidate is someone who is positive with a can do attitude, professional, creative, and result oriented.
- Posting job openings, pre-qualifying, resume screening, interviewing, background and reference checking
- Works with HR Specialist on recruitment plan
- Manage the use of recruiters and headhunters
- Posting and utilizing internet for recruitment
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Assist in the administration of HR policies & procedures
- Health and Safety – coordinate relevant training (Dangerous Goods, First Aid, Forklift and WHMIS) and maintains accurate records
- Establishes and maintains employee personnel files and related HR records
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organization’s mission by completing related results as needed
Skills and qualifications
- 2+ years experience as an HR Generalist with full-cycle recruitment for western Canada (recruitment experience in the trade such as HVAC/R, Plumbing or Electrical is a great asset)
- Creativity, exceptional communication skills and drive to achieve is required.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity, objectivity, confidentiality, good judgment, professionalism when handling all personnel matters
- Ability to work with all departments and with all levels of employees.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork is required
- Must have excellent analytical, written, verbal and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Refrigerative Supply is a family business, which has a Head Office in Burnaby and thirteen other branches in Western Canada. We hold the...