We are seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join our team in Victoria, BC. This is a full-time, position with the Alacrity Foundation and our partners Wesley Clover. The role involves reporting for government funding for the Foundation and working with the accounts needs of technology start-up companies.
- Generates and compiles monthly financial reports for various operating units.
- Assists with year-end audit requirements and prepares annual audit working papers and supporting documentation.
- Reviews or performs monthly data integrity checks and balancing reports for GL, AR, AP; correcting where required.
- Performs AP credit analysis and investigates old accounts payable balances.
- Prepares GST and PST returns and completes net filings.
- Prepares and enters journal entries in financial system.
- Ensures accounting deadlines and cut-off schedules are followed.
- Assists with ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as required.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations and analysis on a regular basis.
- Investigates, follows up and resolves issues around bank and account reconciliations in order to ensure completeness and accuracy of reconciliations.
- Performs bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Managing Payroll.
- Potential for candidates to participate in event planning and marketing if interested.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role with full cycle accounting; experience in a multi-entity environment is preferred
- Post-secondary business degree; pursuing an accounting designation or recently earned one.
- Good working knowledge of all MS Office programs; high level of proficiency in MS Excel is required.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which are essential for interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills; commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service.
- Experience with ADP, QuickBooks & Sage.
- Knowledge of BC employment standards and some experience producing letters and consulting agreements.
The Alacrity Foundation is in the business of creating the next generation of technology entrepreneurs. With the mandate of turning engineering and business students and recent graduates into entrepreneurs, the Foundation will give grants to the right individuals and teams to develop new technological solutions.
Wesley Clover is in the business of building businesses. We are an investment management firm and holding company, with active interests in a range of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), as well as exclusive real estate and leisure properties, and a very active charitable Foundation.