Reena is a non-profit organization that since 1973 has been providing community services for people with developmental disabilities. During that time, the Agency has gain a well-deserved reputation for service innovation. What makes Reena truly unique is the emphasis on providing Judaic programming and a Jewish environment for its individuals, enabling them to develop spiritually, feel a connection and sense of belonging to their roots, culture and community. Reena also encourages the expression of everyone’s culture and religious roots, regardless of background and denomination. Reena is currently looking to hire a Part-Time Support Worker.
To professionally work as part of a team to provide a high quality of life, and support individuals with all aspects of daily living, maximizing their potential in a safe, enriching environment.
- Assist individuals with all areas of physical/health needs
- Teach and assist individuals with all aspects of daily living
- Responsible for enhancing Individuals’ communication skills
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate individual programs
- Support and guide individuals in increasing their ability to work in an appropriate manner in their work environment
- Guide and support clients in community, work, school and social activities
- Help individuals develop and maintain relationships with families, peers and staff
- Work with families of the individuals we support to maintain a high quality of life standard
- Provide a safe and enriching environment as a whole.
- Post-Secondary Education in Developmental Services, Social Services, or Psychology or related field preferred
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR/AED level C certificate required
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Proficiency in managing challenging behaviours
- Proven programing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Effective problem solving and crisis management skills
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, professionalism and self-motivation.
A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening is required for this position.
Please forward your cover letter and resume no later than September 2, 2014.
Reena is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Reena offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Reena regarding a job opportunity, please advise us prior to the interview if you require accommodations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, please note that only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.