REED

REED Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Waitress at Kings College University (Current Employee), London, ENGMay 14, 2015
Table setting and cleaning everything up. I can take 3-5 dishes in the hands. Good management and co-workers. The hardest part is the speed, you need to be quick.
reliable and steady work
various agency placements (Former Employee), Slough, ENGMay 11, 2015
Pros: I get to choose my work
Cons: it is not permanant
Reed is a good agency that is always willing to listen and help if needed.
easy to talk to and always availible.
I have made friends working for them
Enjoyed my co workers
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOApril 20, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and residents. This was my first job after I obtained my diploma as a Medical Office Assistant. I love the medical field and they made it easy to work there.
Busy workplace and very productive
Credit Controller (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Christmas lunches, Team Lunches
I had a routine set up on a weekly basis so I knew what should given the priority and what not. It was a busy environment , I used to deal with credit control so when there were customer disputes and it wasn't resolved then it becomes a problem . It was hard because the month end was almost there and have fingers crossed to resolve and get a promise to Pay from the Client.
Hassle-free supply work
Supply Teacher (Former Employee), Lancaster, ENGApril 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility, communication
Great team of pro-active people keen to find you work in various educational areas.
Easy sign-up process and great communication at all times.
Worst job of my life
banking advisor (Former Employee), dundeeMarch 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: reed in general
absolute Cowboys to work for. Was met by a reed rep on day one who basically let us in the building then dumped us on a local manager. She was never to be seen or heard from again since. Despite contacting them with regards to our p45's and the fact they had quoted the wrong hourly rate of pay, which she confirmed was correct on day one, turned out to be a lie. Couldn't contact them for anything. Most awkward agency I've had the misfortune of dealing with. Refused holidays which were 9 months away! Constantly reminded you of the fact you were temp.. I could go on.. But I'm sure you get the picture...
Excellent, well structured company
Resourcer (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 27, 2015
Excellent structure. Involved in leading a team involved in screening candidates before booking in temporary positions. Great team spirit
poor place of work
Customer Service executive (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: no prs
Cons: too far out 2 busses a day, poor supervisor and atmosphere was aweful
I am a Dad who is the sole income provider in my home and the job security was oor and the place of work atmosphere was aweful
A heavily targeted, sales driven environment with a very stressful impact on personal life
Permanents Team Leader (Former Employee), Oxford, United KingdomJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good money, fun environment, lots of rewards!
Cons: long days, stressful environment, being left behind by other innovative companies
Reed was all about the sales and the money rather than the service and delivery. I succeeded in this environment for a very long time but it got to a point where I decided I wanted to expand on my relationship and recruiting skills and apply that to one business to develop my career.

Cold calling business and volatile candidates had become something of the past for me and I felt I could push myself further.

They were very long days, sometimes 12-14 hours but the team were great in all of the branches that I worked in. Got on well with all of the teams and am still in touch with them now.
Excellent place of work
HR Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), WatfordJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: incentive programes
Cons: travel
An excellent place to work with constant support and recognition from management excellent salary and incentive programs, my collogues were extremely hard working and supportive also, The hardest part of the role was business development and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many excellent recruitment consultants they really feel they are helping people find the ideal role.
probation office
Front End Receptionist (Former Employee), ealingOctober 16, 2014
Worked on an ad hoc basis, registered with a reputable agency and undertook a variety of short term roles with Companies such as the Probation Office as SMA, Activia as a Receptionist
• Meet and Greet visitors to the office, differentiate the visitors who were colour coded in order of offence.
• Deal with customers face to face as well as take Inbound calls , take messages and transfer to appropriate department.
• Involvement with probation office as a School Monitoring Assistant.
Fun and exciting place to work
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at work includes interacting with our clients on a daily basis. While challenging at times it is a fun and laid back environment to work in. I learned new software when I took this job on and was taught to prepare individual tax returns. On a daily basis I file paperwork, call clients and do payroll when it is due. The most enjoyable part of my job would be getting to know our clients and building a relationship with them.
Fast Paced
Date - Temporaries Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), sloughSeptember 8, 2014
Weekly KPI'S - 50 calls, 3 meetings, 10 drop mailers to various companies, 5 candidate registrations. Find suitable candidates to fill the jobs, register, do all my own administration and back ground checks. I heavily deal with clients within public sector there fore I have large amounts of compliance checks to adhere too. I have gained many transferrable skills and also Account Management, Daily Management of temporary workers, Business development, negotiating and forecasting figures and financials.
Reed Screener (Former Employee), Manchester City Centre, ENGJuly 30, 2014
Pros: center of manchester
Cons: long hours
Reed was a really fun and cool place to work, I learned alot about the whole recruitment process. There was not much room for management progression which was not ideal. I really enjoyed working with all my colleges at Reed
vey quick to find more placements
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), Avonmouth, ENGJuly 23, 2014
Pros: you need to keep chasing for a response
Cons: get you in work as quickly as they can
apart from needing to chase for a response to enquiries they are better than most of the agencies I have been with
My qualilfications have been considered
Clerical marker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free luches and travel expences, pension scheme
Cons: pay rate could be a little better
People at Reed are very friendly and professional, and my qualification have been considered despite they provided me job only once.
it is an excellent company. this is where i started everything.
Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, MDApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch. free transport.made my own hours.
Cons: n/a
i loved this job i made my own hours. made full time pay with part time work. the boss is the coolest dude in the world. he is a sweet heart he is like a father to me. he taught me so many things
Great people in a very hard environment
Receptionist & Resourcing (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Reed as a Receptionist / Resourcers. It's a very tough environment given the economic conditions.
open workplace family setting
Maintenace (Former Employee), DeLand, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: breaks, payed vacationsand free lunches
Cons: long hrs
you get greeted in a friendly manor refreshments were avaliable.you got challenged daily with new product.mgt had open door policy. co. workers were ready to assist with any problems you may run in to.the hardest part of the job was taking care of emergencies when parts have to be ordered. best part of job is seeing people smile when job is done.
Employment Agency
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches with clients
Cons: not got many clients in my area
Always in contact to see if im available for work. Unfortunately they dont have many clients in my area but hopefully they will get more soon.

About REED

REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions, assisting jobseekers and – Read more