Reed Employment

Reed Employment Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place!
Assistant (Former Employee), Manvel, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Reed Insurance is a great place to find all your insurance needs.
not very exciting but learnt some interesting skills for if i was to ever go into recruitment.
Work Experience (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
employees where very friendly and made the environment fun to work in but the actual work didn't suit my fancy.
Good employment agency to work for!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: work flexibility. can find local work so less travelling.
Cons: may not get work all the time, so less job security.
I've worked on and off for Reed for the last 15 years - always found them very approachable and pleasent to work with.
Friendly
Various temporary assignments (Former Employee), Southampton, ENGJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: varied work
Cons: no stability
Various Temp roles

Inputting Invoice data into Finance systems
Reconciling Supplier statements
Processing Employee Credit Card purchases
Reed Elsevier Global Real Estate
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), New Providence, NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great work life balance, flexible work environment.
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
This group is an incredible bunch. With decades of experience under at previous companies they have a relaxed approach that helps make working for them a pleasure.
Reed Elsevier
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OhioNovember 20, 2013
Working for Reed Elsevier / Lexis Nexis is a great experience. My colleagues are very friendly and professional.
Recuritment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGNovember 18, 2013
Pros: dealing with people
Cons: seeing the other side to recuritment
I would collect papers on my way in to the office earily on a monring. I would clean and celar the waiting area, ready the packs for candiates to fill out.
Type up CV and book appointments for candiates to meet with a member of the team.
I check time sheets and payroll.
An organization that now understands the value of communications
Director of Enterprise Voice Technologies (Current Employee), New Providence, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: my teams commitment to the organization, themselfves and i as there manager
Cons: limiting growth within
Reed Elsevier prior to joining was an extremely decentralized organization servicing the customer base with antiquated communications technologies. The organization through a great deal of efforts and education has adopted VoIP technology to support their back office staffing as well as the contact centers including a mobile work force. The time being – more... spent with Reed has allowed my team and I to bring cost efficiency, consolidation across the global business, virtualized contact centers utilizing Multi-Media technology. In addition we have developed and implemented a Unified Communications solution based around SIP technology and enterprise providers. – less
Friendly professional staff
PA to Schools Director (Former Employee), London UKOctober 14, 2013
Cons: insecurity of when the next job would be
A variable work schedule depending on where my assignments were. Excellent variety and a chance to learn and grow within each assignment.

Usual secretarial duties.
Reed is a wonderful company
LexisNexis Web Based Marketing Solutions (Current Employee), FloridaOctober 2, 2013
Pros: everything
Reed and Lexis Nexis are the best companies I have ever worked for.
The culture and professionalism is by far the best I have experienced in my entire carreer.
I will miss it.
Productive and Fun work environment
Operations Lead - Customer Support (Current Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 24, 2013
Great team work both within my team as well as across teams. The most enjoyable part of my job is reporting on the trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Fast paced, friendly and dynamic working environment
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGAugust 19, 2013
Every day was different.
My inter personal skills and communication skills were improved and used to full advantage for the health of the business. My management peers were trustworthy and hard working and we had fun.
The hardest challenges were creating new business partners in a very competitive industry.
It was all enjoyable and i made some very – more... close working relationships. – less
Productive, fun place and friendly staff and co-workers
Copy Inspection Editor (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, benefits are great, and retirement plan.
Cons: higher salary
Productive environment. Management and co-workers are great. Many advancements and training. Reed Technology shows their appreciations to our employees as once a year Appreciation Day Picnic, weekly Philly ticket giveaways, fun games with chosen teams, and Friday's send me home day!!
Very productive atmosphere
Senior Editor (Former Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 8, 2013
Cons: holiday and personal time turned into pto
The best part of the job were the incentives. For example the day before a holiday (office closing), if goals were met in work performance, the company would let employees enjoy early dismissal from work.
This Company is a horrible establishment
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: management is horrible
This company is on the verge of bankruptsy due to mis management of the organization.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New JerseyJuly 31, 2013
 One to one client’s interaction for requirement gathering and issues resolution and working with offshore team to provide end to end solution to fulfill clients need.
 Prepare Use case document for Freezing Payroll functionality.
 Preparation of Business Process Mapping Diagram, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, CAR Analysis, & MOM.
 Coordinating – more... with Client and SME’s at on-site to gather task requirements. – less
Productive and fun work place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: healthcare and paid holidays
Cons: short breaks
Reed Construction was a very good place of employment.A typical day at work was,Receiving packages from Fed Ex and UPS also USPS mail.Some sorting.After all mail was in I start Shipping packages out.Sometime i ship out over 300 pieces a day.The best part about working there was my co-worker,working together to make everyone job easier.When you work – more... together the company can be successful. – less
Enjoyable and useful experience
Campus Liaison Officer, Somerset College (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGJune 30, 2013
Pros: close to where i live so very short commute.
Cons: agency staff are not treated with respect by majority of staff directly employed by the college.
Quite a hard role to fill owing to much of it being one that brought me into situations of conflict with several students who would rather not be attending the college.

Very good support from Reed staff who kept in regular contact with my line management at the college.
n/a
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJune 27, 2013
Dealing with outgoing post
Sorting and organising documentation
Ensuring post is distributed to the correct people
An established business with on-going entrepreneurism.
Director of International Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 22, 2013
Pros: making a difference in the early stages of the business.
Cons: limited appreciation of and limited budgets for international operations.
A packaged software company at the beginning of the dot.com boom. Strategized with direct and dotted-line reports on the best international path for the company. Brought ideas and business cases to management. Once approved we set out to enter six new markets with localized versions of the (electronic publishing, knowledge management, help desk) software: – more... Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, and Japanese. Planned and executed product rollouts, including PR campaigns, local advertising, and trade shows. Hardest part of the job was persuading management that international operations could significantly and positively impact the bottom line. Most enjoyable: making a difference. – less