Reed Employment

Reed Employment Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Over all good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COMay 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: sometimes upper management didnt have time to listen
reed Group is a good place to work. They promote within and quickly if you are doing whats needs to be done. I left due to moving to North Carolina.
Leave Specialist
Leave Specialist (Current Employee), Broomfield, CoMay 13, 2014
File and manage state leave sucha as FMLA, Short-time Disability, Pregnancy, leaves
good place to work
operator (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GAMay 10, 2014
enjoyed the job working there operating the equipment the workers were good to get along with learned to further my skills the time schedule
I ENJOYED THE SMALL WORKIING ENVIROMENT
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
NICE JOB, NICE PEOPLE, MANAGEMENT IS UNORG. WAS A VERY STRESSFUL POSITON. THE CLIENTS WERE GREAT TO WORK WITH.
Good compensation
Snr Consultant, Market Intelligence (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
A company that is still in search of its identity. A good place for short-term stays but very little internal advancement opportunities or recognition. If you can play "office politics" successfully, this is a place that may offer opportunities. But if not, don't go there expecting to have your talent recognized or rewarded.
Poor Management
Customer Care Specialists (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMarch 26, 2014
Typical day is logging on the phones to begin taking calls
Learned about HIPPA and GINA regulations and Short term disabilities and FMLA
Poor Management
some good and some poor co-workers
Extremely stressful environment with little compensation
Business Relationship Developer (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, pto
Cons: management is not aware about the day to day., the people who should be in charge aren't., if you value your sanity..., one of the rcd "values" is valuing our people..., this is just not true!
A typical day is having your manager stay in the office all day long with no personal interaction.
Major micro-management with daily and monthly goals that are completely out of reach.
No value given to the employees for the productivity and what they do for the company.
WorkPlace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 11, 2014
Nice Company to work for. The Pay was great and for the most part the co-workers were tolerable. If you wanted to advance in the company it was all about who you know/friends with.
good to work for
Temp work (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGMarch 5, 2014
I learnt new skills and packages
the management were very friendly
my co workers were very helpful
the hardest part of the job was making sure I had all the information before the deadline
job satisfaction
Very poor, like all recruitment agencies they are useless
Temp (Former Employee), MiddlesbroughMarch 5, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: lies, let downs and fake smiles
Having worked for reed on and off I was given a temporary contract with my place of work. Reed were paid a very large amount of money for this. When my temp contract ran out reed said they would find me somewhere else. Still waiting, still getting the same old lies, same old I promise we are looking. STAY AWAY is my message. Love Mondays? Not a chance
Busy and varied day.
General Administrator. (Temp) (Former Employee), WokingMarch 4, 2014
The hardest part of the job was gaining the new skills at the time. This was also a benefit, because I enjoyed the new challenge.
Good company
Contractor - Laborer (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: team
This is a good company to work for. A typical day is managing products and it has taught me how to grow as a team member. The hardest part of my job was exposure to the elements of cold. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was able to take care of my family.
Awesome place!
Assistant (Former Employee), Manvel, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Reed Insurance is a great place to find all your insurance needs.
not very exciting but learnt some interesting skills for if i was to ever go into recruitment.
Work Experience (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
employees where very friendly and made the environment fun to work in but the actual work didn't suit my fancy.
Good employment agency to work for!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: work flexibility. can find local work so less travelling.
Cons: may not get work all the time, so less job security.
I've worked on and off for Reed for the last 15 years - always found them very approachable and pleasent to work with.
Friendly
Various temporary assignments (Former Employee), Southampton, ENGJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: varied work
Cons: no stability
Various Temp roles

Inputting Invoice data into Finance systems
Reconciling Supplier statements
Processing Employee Credit Card purchases
Reed Elsevier Global Real Estate
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), New Providence, NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great work life balance, flexible work environment.
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
This group is an incredible bunch. With decades of experience under at previous companies they have a relaxed approach that helps make working for them a pleasure.
Reed Elsevier
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OhioNovember 20, 2013
Working for Reed Elsevier / Lexis Nexis is a great experience. My colleagues are very friendly and professional.
Recuritment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGNovember 18, 2013
Pros: dealing with people
Cons: seeing the other side to recuritment
I would collect papers on my way in to the office earily on a monring. I would clean and celar the waiting area, ready the packs for candiates to fill out.
Type up CV and book appointments for candiates to meet with a member of the team.
I check time sheets and payroll.
An organization that now understands the value of communications
Director of Enterprise Voice Technologies (Current Employee), New Providence, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: my teams commitment to the organization, themselfves and i as there manager
Cons: limiting growth within
Reed Elsevier prior to joining was an extremely decentralized organization servicing the customer base with antiquated communications technologies. The organization through a great deal of efforts and education has adopted VoIP technology to support their back office staffing as well as the contact centers including a mobile work force. The time being – more... spent with Reed has allowed my team and I to bring cost efficiency, consolidation across the global business, virtualized contact centers utilizing Multi-Media technology. In addition we have developed and implemented a Unified Communications solution based around SIP technology and enterprise providers. – less