Reed Employment

Reed Employment Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Big Corporation
DISTRICT MANAGER OF CD ROM PUBLICATION (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Business casual workplace
Cons: Upper management clueless about day-to-day functions.
Reed Elsevier is a very typical large corporation. It is very easy for even the best employees to become lost in the mix. Management from a distant central office is often out-of-touch with day-to-day functions and sometimes do not even understand the tools needed to perform basic tasks.
Executive Recruitment Consultant for one of the biggest Recruitment Agencies in England
Executive Temps & Perms Consultant (Former Employee), London, EnglandJune 10, 2015
Pros: Brilliant team, close to home, monetarily rewarded for hard work and promoted in the first year to an Executive Consultant
Cons: No managerial advancement opportunities
This is where I gained 4 years of hands on full lifecycle Recruitment experience. I was a Temps Consultant for 3years and a Perms Consultant for the last year a Reed. I was responsible for doing 10 businesses development calls to clients a day, going on 3 Client visits a week, finding jobs by speccing in suitable candidates, advertising jobs, sourcing and interviewing candidates, filling jobs over the phone and in person whilst on client visits, doing candidate update calls to generate jobs etc. I loved this job because I had a fabulous team, and was always one of the top performers at Reed. I made loads of money, but there was just no career advancement opportunities. That's why I eventually had enough and decided to see what else there was out there for me. The manager was fun to work with and I loved the team, so it was a difficult move after being there 4 years- but I wanted career advancement opportunities.
a very decent group of people.
sales (Former Employee), Kingston upon Thames, ENGMay 29, 2015
Pros: good pay, good people, good fun too.
Cons: none.
Very Busy answering calls, meeting nurses from Ireland, learned how to meet and greet, find the most suitable position for each individual nurse, co-workers assisted my every step, I had a little girl and they all wanted to be mother.
Opportunity to grow and learn about real estate
OUT BOUND SALES (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: accuracy
Inside sales for major data collection, information system technologies for tradesmen private organizations and manufacturing companies. Providing sales solutions that broaden awareness of construction in the area of interest. Provided plans, projections, starts and stops for major companies. Providing 100 accurate information, management was great.
Love working from home!!
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Broomfield, COMay 17, 2015
Pros: Working from home.
Cons: Can work many hours per week.
Working from home 4 days of the week is great!! One day of the week is in the office and is also nice because you get to see your Team members. I speak with employees via telephone concerning disability process and status. I enjoy reviewing medical documentation for disability determinations.
Productive and well experienced staff
Administrator (Former Employee), Derby, ENGMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free Canteen facilities
Cons: The company went in administration
Reed employment helped a lot of jobs around the country and still are rapidly growing today and still help people find work. I worked in Derby to find work and they where helpful. I worked in Castle Donnington at east midlands electricity to general administration duties and completed my contract for a week. I help the staff and worked as part of team and its a varied role with multi-tasking environment.
Productive place to learn and advance
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 5, 2015
Wonderful company to learn new things, advancement is easy if you love your job. They care about their employees and treat them as if they are needed and appreciated. Fun work environment and almost everyone likes everyone.
Fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 24, 2015
When I began working for Reed in 2000, I was working at a remote location, until offices start closing, the company relocated at their expense. By working in the remote location, there was experience in learning different departments because two people were doing what a full staffed department was doing. This made escalating to the next position possible.
Very happy with the service.
Various (Former Employee), PrestonJanuary 29, 2015
I've worked with Reed before, but when I was made redundant unexpectedly, there was no question who I would turn to when looking for work. They've been great!

The companies I have been sent to have been selected well and I've really enjoyed working with a variety of people.

The best thing is about working for Reed is the flexibility.
Good placements
Finance (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 28, 2015
Good Response to my needs employment agency contact regular
work generally good
Okay place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Eagle Point, ORJanuary 15, 2015
If you like working really, really hard and being yelled at all the time, okay place to work. Co-workers work real hard. Putting up with the boss is difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day. I learned how to have very thick skin.
75-100 out going calls each day
Inside Business to Business Sales Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The money is good at this company for sales people but you have to work very hard for the money they entice you with upfront. This is a typical cold calling generate your own leads company. Quotas are reasonable and if you can get a Decision maker on the phone and they will listen to you, than you have a good chance at closing the sale because the products and services Reed offers work. It is selling a monthly service that provides construction data leads to anyone involved in the construction industry.
Well rounded job, supporting companies outside of Colorado
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: nice office
Cons: closed colorado office
Worked for 7am - 4pm each day. Was a team lead for trouble shooting problems in all areas. Also a senior research analyst.
Good co-workers enjoyed going to work and would always stay no longer than 4pm to make sure everything was completed.
not a fit
Data Entry (Former Employee), Horsham, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: nice building, multi cultural
Cons: not much room for growth
Not much room for growth. The actual work that was done was not your basic 'data entry' it was very complicated Chemistry. The metrics that needed to be met were also impossible. The training was not long enough. Many of the people there were not helpful. The diversity was nice and the building was a nice clean building.
QA - Not a good place to work
Implementation analyst (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers, standard benefits.
Cons: favoritism, politics
I worked as an Implementation analyst at RG. I have experienced in QA. so, I applied to QA internally when they posted an opening. I was told that I am not fit for that job. Really?....
Later QA management hired one of their friends without interview.
I heard it from other teams that they promote people based on friendship.
It should be based on Experience, Talent, education and knowledge.
Great team environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Northglenn, CODecember 15, 2014
My typical day was answering phones and data entry. I learned that it was a team job. The management team was not the greatest and to some people that played favoritism. My coworkers were great and people that I am still in contact with. The hardest part on the job was making sure that you were given all the right tools to make sure you were getting the correct information. I enjoyed the hours and that benefits that were given.
Don't Work in Call Centers, Even this one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 26, 2014
Pros: above average pay for a call center
Cons: be prepared to be treated like a production machine
Upon recruitment this company definitely pushes the above average pay and benefits, but little do they tell you that most of the ways you exceed expectations don't matter. In essence answer calls and attempt to avoid questions the company does not have answers to. If you are planning on having a baby, you best find another job as they expect you to request your time off the year beforeeven though you only have an estimated due date and have earned your PTO. Also if you want to use your PTO you request it and they co.tinually deny it despite the reason. Then you miss and they take your PTO and give you an occurrence. Just keep looking. Above average benefits are not worth being treated like a production machine with no support from your manager.
Reed Construction Data
Office/Production Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, benefits and pay
Cons: i had to relocate. then office in redondo beach closed in 2004
I would show up at work and print the calendar for productivity. We would have a quick morning meeting and decide our plan for deadlines. I would answer phones, work in production and when estimating fell behind I would complete multi-trade take-offs. My co-workers were great. Management was small and I loved being part of the team.
Not a good place for growth.
Helpdesk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, life flexible, free lunches and snacks
Cons: no career developement, bad management, social anarchy
Very flexible about personal life.Benefits were great. Not a place to advance in a career. Management was mainly about work "social" culture VS developing career skills, not supportive of their teams, or being people of their word. If you are under the right management, you may stand a chance.
Great Workplace/Competitve Salary
Research/Reporter (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: no longer located in co
I reall enjoyed working for Reed while I advanced my education in a completely different field. However, their CO office is no longer open.

1 2 3 4 5