Reed Employment

Reed Employment Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Northglenn, CODecember 15, 2014
My typical day was answering phones and data entry. I learned that it was a team job. The management team was not the greatest and to some people that played favoritism. My coworkers were great and people that I am still in contact with. The hardest part on the job was making sure that you were given all the right tools to make sure you were getting – more... the correct information. I enjoyed the hours and that benefits that were given. – less
Don't Work in Call Centers, Even this one
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 26, 2014
Pros: above average pay for a call center
Cons: be prepared to be treated like a production machine
Upon recruitment this company definitely pushes the above average pay and benefits, but little do they tell you that most of the ways you exceed expectations don't matter. In essence answer calls and attempt to avoid questions the company does not have answers to. If you are planning on having a baby, you best find another job as they expect you to – more... request your time off the year beforeeven though you only have an estimated due date and have earned your PTO. Also if you want to use your PTO you request it and they co.tinually deny it despite the reason. Then you miss and they take your PTO and give you an occurrence. Just keep looking. Above average benefits are not worth being treated like a production machine with no support from your manager. – less
Reed Construction Data
Office/Production Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, benefits and pay
Cons: i had to relocate. then office in redondo beach closed in 2004
I would show up at work and print the calendar for productivity. We would have a quick morning meeting and decide our plan for deadlines. I would answer phones, work in production and when estimating fell behind I would complete multi-trade take-offs. My co-workers were great. Management was small and I loved being part of the team.
Not a good place for growth.
Helpdesk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, life flexible, free lunches and snacks
Cons: no career developement, bad management, social anarchy
Very flexible about personal life.Benefits were great. Not a place to advance in a career. Management was mainly about work "social" culture VS developing career skills, not supportive of their teams, or being people of their word. If you are under the right management, you may stand a chance.
Great Workplace/Competitve Salary
Research/Reporter (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: no longer located in co
I reall enjoyed working for Reed while I advanced my education in a completely different field. However, their CO office is no longer open.
Good Company, great benefits.
Source Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: parking
A great company to gain beneficial knowledge of the construction industry and bid projects, where tax dollars projects are posted.
Fun and less pressure workplace.
Software developer (Former Employee), MiamisBurg, OhOctober 24, 2014
Go to office at 9am and leave at 5pm. One group meeting a week and a one-on-one meeting with your team manager once every other week. Hangging out for meal within teams sometimes happends.
Overall good place to work
Leave Specialist (Current Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 1, 2014
I really like working for Reed Group. It's not like other call centers. The benefits are really good, with over 3 weeks of paid time off to start. They pay really well, even for entry level positions.
Great work environment
Header DEO (Former Employee), Horsham, PASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: you get sick of the radio
Start at 8am, enter orders into the computer system, take lunch then proof read for the rest of the day.
A fun environment and well positioned organization
Vice President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 25, 2014
Reed is a great company- a true leader in the business information & events industry. While many competitors were shrinking and consolidating Reed expanded and reinvented their business.
Mediocrity with benefits
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Upside:
- Benefits are better than average.
- Job has a solid work/life balance.

Downside:
- The company is a physical publishing company at heart. This leads to short sighted technical requirements and inadequate infrastructure support.
- Constantly changing org structure. Significant realignment of personnel and objectives every other year.
- Undefined – more... career progression. Every developer is a Senior Engineer. There are no Junior Engineers and a handful of Principle Engineers but the work is all the same.
- Good projects go to Philly. STL gets stuck with fringe/maintenance work. – less
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no real breaks
outbound calling a must,80+, I learned how to visually sell a product in an online demo presentation, my manger was so cool but he made you focus on your goal daily, working around dedicated sales rep was a plus
great company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 2, 2014
love the work environment. been there for quite a few years. some areas a large growth opportunities while others have none. President of the company cares about each and ever employee. Benefits are pretty good.
great company to work for
Data Processor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJuly 27, 2014
Would have stayed if the department wasnt outsourced to India
micro management was too much
Senior Customer Renewals Relations Representative (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 26, 2014
loved working here, they micro managed you more and more over time, was a little too much, management not always honest
Productive workplace
Editor/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2014
Management was great. We went thru patents to correct. Loved working here but I did not continue.
Very face pace place to work.
National Sales Representative (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: great holiday spirit.
Cons: cut throat competition.
Review and search construction companies that would benefit from our services. Design the best program to fit their needs and type of business and do demonstration remotely from our office with them on the computer, I would throughout the day follow up with past clients and appointments, either to renew their contracts or close the sale.
Management – more... was ok as long as you hit quote, (which I did)
There was always competition with other coworkers.
The hardest part of this job was closeout at the end of the month to get everyone to hit their numbers.

Enjoyable part with this company was the holidays – less
Good work experience but very poor pay.
Mig Welder, Iron Worker (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJune 9, 2014
Carry materials and tools to the job site of the work area. Weld steel lintels into the window frames of historical buildings.
Very Productive, family & empolyee oriented, team players
Cash Application Analyst (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJune 9, 2014
Pros: luncheons for the different departments
Cons: good health plan, free coffee all day, clean environment
Posted all cash daily, reconciled cash receipts from Citibank.
I learned to interact daily with higher management about cash related issues, when there is a problem in cash dept that can't be solved for what ever reason everyone comes together and work it out no matter how long it may takes. some of the hardest parts of the job is the unidentified cash – more... or unapplied cash, but also being a team player with co- worker helps make the work more enjoyable and successful. – less
Over all good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COMay 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: sometimes upper management didnt have time to listen
reed Group is a good place to work. They promote within and quickly if you are doing whats needs to be done. I left due to moving to North Carolina.

1 2 3 4 5