Reed Business Information

Reed Business Information Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved it
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 14, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: sold
business was sold and closed. job was great just disappeared
It was a pleasure to work with the people at Video Business magazine --Reed Business. They treated threir employees with respect and compassion.
First Editor at Large and then Senior Editor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, Calif.July 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
I was hired to write deadline and fast breaking news stories.
Highly Professional HR team
HR Administrator - Reward (Former Employee), Sutton, ENGMay 29, 2014
Pros: friendly and professional work colleagues
RBI was an engaging role, which offered me the opportunity to up date my skills and become proficient in current HR systems and processes.
Not a people company -
Bid Source Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 18, 2014
Cons: not a good company to work for.
No cohesion - or consistency from management.
Pay is not desirable. Managers are motiviated by numbers for monthly - yearly bonus on a metric scale required by the staff that do not receive monthly bonuses.
Reed was an intracil part of my life and the experince was well worth it.
Mail Clerk - Mail Technician/Warehouseman (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: the company went out of business
Learned customer service, time management, shipping & receiving, how to run a forklift and computer skills.
The people were great.
Started off a people company
Senior Production Support Developer (Former Employee), East Grinstead, ENGJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: none at first
Joined the company from the civil service
Plenty of support from colleagues and managers.
No hierarchy, everyone was equally helpful

Was a 'everyone muck in', the business requirements were paramount

Just before I left due to redundancy, the company had turned into a 'the answer's No, now what's the question?' everything became paper bound with the – more... business crying out for action and the IT departments stone-walling
The whole company was in a state of 'what happened to the good old days?' – less
No job security.
Sales (Former Employee), New Providence, NJJanuary 7, 2014
If you dial and smile - you will fit in. All functions managed overseas.
Reed was a good company to work for.
Print Order Tech III (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMay 21, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: business magazines popularity was declining, so reed sold all their u.s. publications
Reed closed their U.S. offices a few years ago. It was a fast-paced work environment with many deadlines and a lot of multitasking.
Great place to work!
Inside Sales Manager-Furniture Today & Kids Today (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 11, 2013
Develop sales strategies to assist Regional Managers in servicing and retaining accounts.
great company, great benefits, advancement great
Assistant Production Mgr, Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: management experience
Cons: handling difficult staff at times
I was in HR Benefits administration and I supervised a team of 4. A typical day at work was to distribute and administer benefits upon qualifying events. I implemented the computerization of the medical, dental and prescription drug plans from claim form submissions to the card system. I administered the new employee orientation programs and retirement – more... programs. It was a very interesting and high pressure environment which I thoroughly enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was supervising the staff. – less
Great hours, great people to work with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: ok to work for
The time would just fly by very busy work in accounts payable, I meet a lot of people at the company from the UK.
Allowed to leave to box.
National Distribution Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: allows creativity
Cons: difficult management at the end
Good company overall. Bad timing on decisions from the top.
Productive and Supportive
IT Client Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: flexible working hours.
I had the opportunity to work with some great people who made the environment very educational. They provided training as well as included me in many important meetings. After 6 months of being hired as a contractor, they brought me on board permanently. I had the opportunity to learn a few new management systems. Always will be greatful for the opportunity.
Great company to work for
Freelance Journalist (Current Employee), Sutton, SurreyOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great people, great stories to chase up, good wages
Cons: long hours if i do not set myself a route. not enough travel abroad
I freelance from home so there isn't really a typical day at work, but when I have been in the office there is a really great atmosphere, everyone gets on really well and it's just a pleasure to work for my publication. The most enoyable part of my job is the freedom to travel and meeting new people and clients.
Cooperative atmosphere
E-Newsletter Product Manager (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 1, 2012
Cooperation and delegation characterized my time as an employee at Reed Business Information.
Oportunidad de trabajar en diferentes puestos de trabajo
Administrativa/contable (Current Employee), bilbaoMarch 19, 2013
Accedi a esta empresa a traves de la prácticas de comercio y marketig para realizar tareas de telemarketing. Ese mismo año decidi estudiar administración y finanzas para poder optar a otro puesto de trabajo puesto que al ser una empresa grande había opciones de promoción.
Cuando acabé el ciclo mi futurome ofrecieron un puesto en departamento de administracion – more... en el cúal sigo trabajando hasta el mes de Abril ya que la empresa ha decidio hacer un ere de extincion.
Un día tipico en el trabajo comienza contabilizando facturas, atendiendo llamadas de clientes con incidencias en facturas, elaborando informes de impagados para su posterior reclamación, facturando, y dando soporte a mi responsable directo.
En cuanto el ambiente entre mis compañeros no me puedo quejar la verdad.
Lo que más me gustado durante mi trabajo es todo lo que he aprendido en estos 9 años y la confianza que han tenido en mí sin tener experiencia. – less