Redbox Employee Reviews

I loved working for redbox
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA14 March 2017
Great company,excellent benefits. Getting a chance to grow with a company that takes care of their customer needs as well as their employers was am excellent opportunity.
Very good envirolment
Sushimaker (Former Employee) –  Quezon city18 March 2017
Nice restaurant good facility and equipment good campany nice work place and co workers nice gest full of surprises good food and drinks very easy to work in this campany
Pros
No food frer
Cons
All benifits
Nice place to work
It Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL12 January 2017
Friendly co-workers and understanding management. Work is monotonous, sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day. Constantly changing metrics means having to adjust how you work regularly.
Good benefits
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR5 January 2016
As an FSR II, Your days will not be consistent. The pay is decent but the benefits are among the best of any company I have been associated with. Training is weak, weak, weak. Expect to train yourself. Management will expect you to know your job right away. I was with the company for 13 months and led my market in performance the last ten months consecutively. Recognition for a job well done should not be expected.
Some days may be 12 to 14 hours long depending on your market. Overtime is discouraged. Meaning you may have some days that you have to cut short due to some days running long. This varies day to and week by week. Not very family friendly. Not much room to advance. Pay raises are practically non existent. I never heard of or saw any raises.
If you are accustomed to being an overachiever, look elsewhere.
There were multiple Executive position changes with Outerwall/Redbox during my employment. Who is in charge this month?
Pros
The Insurance benefits
Cons
Everything else
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IL9 November 2016
this was by far the worst job i have ever had in my life. I worked here right out of college. They over work you and under pay you. You basically get paid to lie to customers about their rentals and being over charged and if the company has a glitch and the customer gets charged its your responsibility to figure out how to get the customer off the phone with out offering them any money back just codes for free movies and you couldnt give them more than 10
job culture is relaxing
Machine Support Tech I (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL14 January 2017
I work in machine support and my coworker are very fun to work with. My supervisor has a great personality and she lets you be you.
We are a self starter company and that's with I like.
Pros
free snacks, some good people to work with.
Cons
no bonuses
Great company to work for
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA5 December 2016
I had a great time working here. The drivers policy is a bit odd and theres little room for mistakes. The coworkers are a little stuck up but are always looking for overtime.
Pros
always fun great and easy work
Cons
driving all day
Great place to work, but no advancement
Field Representative Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV12 April 2016
It is a great place for flexible hours and good benefits. The limited staff makes advancement almost impossible except if your willing to relocate.
Fun/learning workplace
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL3 June 2016
Fun place to work for, You come in and start fixing kiosks. Learned alot about how the inside of the machine really works. Theirs many ways to fix the different issue that i would see. You get to help the technicians that are physically fixing the machine, We would brainstorm everything possible to make sure the kiosk will be up.
Pros
Free snacks, 30 min break times.
Cons
Little room for promotion.
Excellent Leadership, Very Supportive
Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN5 February 2014
Although I was laid off due to my market merging with another market that was managed by a ROS with 5 years more tenure, I have nothing but positive comments regarding my experience. I was given great support from start to finish from our corporate office and my immediate management. I took a market that had issues with poor culture(in-fighting, insubordination, cliques, etc) and turned it around completely. Not only did I lead the team together, but we began working together in community and volunteer events as well as 5Ks in support of our Wellness Program. Our production increased and our metrics in 2013 finished at the Exceptional level. My Regional Manager was very supportive in my efforts and helped me make the right decisions. He was thankful and praised me for doing the extra work.
I'm very thankful for the opportunity that was given to me and I'm glad I was allowed to work hard without being held back. I was able to put my stamp on my market and lead it to success.
Pros
Freedom to be successful.
Cons
Rapid growth was mismanaged.
Call Center Closed Down
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IL5 December 2016
Call center closed down and we all lost our jobs. Bought out by Coinstar who already had a call center in Canada. There still a support team in the US.
an enjoyable place to work
field support 1 (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK10 April 2016
was interesting always busy with different things to do.
all about redbox an how the company works an what it takes to be a field rep.
management would always do all they could to help you in any way that they could.
co-worker were always will to help an take over your route when needed with out complaint,
toting all those boxes from place to place
always on the go an traveling place to place an meeting new people.
Pros
the christmas parties and the extrathe company would do for you
Cons
having to use your own vechile
Not what you expect
Field Service Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH28 February 2014
This job sounded like my dream job- I mean, how hard could it be to drive around and put movies in a Redbox? It's A LOT more than that. It's supposedly 10 hrs. a day 4 days a week but on Mondays you have to sort through unorganized boxes to find your whole weeks' route and your meeting isn't untill 10am, so you will not get home till well into the evening hours. I was basically told by a co-worker that I had to half-you-know-what the job to get it done in time. But- if they find out you aren't sticking to their micro-managed Matrix that is impossible to do, you get in trouble. Their company computer system is horrible- they expect you to take online classes but half the time you can't access them. Good luck!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You work long hours you don't get paid for and lug around product in and out of your house.
If you value your personal time....
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL20 August 2013
I have worked at redbox for 5 years, and in that time, the company has seen tremendous growth. However, the culture has gone from a fun place to work, to one of working until you have no energy left. Depending on the position, late nights can be a norm, and usually it is salaried employees working those hours. Every thing that comes up is a "fire drill". Micro-managing is also very common among the departments. The benefits are good; the health, 401(k) and other benefits are nice.You are given a good amount of vacation to start too (3 weeks). Good luck finding time to use it though, it only comes in handy when you want to leave the company and get a nice payout.
Pros
401(k), and other benefits
Cons
long hours, expectations of working on weekends, checking emails on vacation....
Deployment
Deployment (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace22 August 2012
This company is not what it used to be. I started with the company in 2006 - back when it was fresh, it was new and it was vibrant and an all hands on deck attitude. I worked my way up to managing a department.

I, for one, was pleased when Coinstar bought the company. It brought a more professional tone to a very unprofessional company. I worked well with the team in Seattle. So much so that it was frowned upon by the executive management team in Oakbrook Terrace. I was told I could participate in an interview for an online publication by my three supervisors (yes...three). When the article was published, I was fired for violating a corporate media policy. So basically - I was set up. The management team will tell you how well you are doing to your face and will be just as quick to drive a knife into your back.

Additionally, the growth is over at redbox. They have put all their machines in place. No room for growth and a platform that will be outdated in the very near future.

Be very careful with this company as it is a pack of wolves in sheep clothing.
Pros
free movie rentals
Cons
unprofessional, back stabbing leaders, poor pay, long hours, limited benefits.
Best place I've ever worked
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY26 February 2016
I worked with Redbox for several years, in two different markets for two different supervisors. The job is very team-oriented. You travel to your market warehouse once a week to pick up your movies, prep any other needed materials and meet with your team. Travel from kiosk to kiosk on your own to merchandise. Very little direct supervision - must be self-motivated.
Pros
Set your own hours, good mileage reimbursement, great benefits package, fun job
Cons
Working outdoors in the elements on bad weather days, working holiday weeks, recent changes make it difficult to make up after a sick day
Relaxing and professional.
Machine Support QA Specialist - Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL9 December 2015
Great company that values work and home balance. Acquired many skills that I can apply to my career. Some skills include:

-Data Analysis/Mining
-Content Management
-Information Tech
-Project Managment
-Team based work

I really enjoyed being able to learn skills in data analysis as well as IT, this allows me insight of the business and technical side of what makes a company sustainable.
Great support and benifits
Lead Field Tech and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CA22 January 2016
Merchandise kiosk throughout the territory, and insure field representatives complete work with a 98.9% accuracy rate.
Monitors daily kiosk performance reports
Responds to dispatch calls during scheduled shift between the hours of 8am and 8pm as needed
Provides quality customer service through regular interaction and communication with coworkers, external customers, external contractors, store owners, and managers and employees
Loads and unloads product from automobile, residence and warehouse
Supports Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS) with administrative responsibilities
Traveled extensively within territory to support team and ensure fulfillment of company objectives.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
No advancement
Great company
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 December 2015
Excellent benefits
I work from home
Management is left to be desired. Changing hands to much
Great employees who I have hired
I spend most of my time managing people and inventory
The demanding schedules are the hardest part of the job
Working my employees is the most enjoyable part of my job
Good company gone bad
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV2 October 2013
I'm like the other FSRII on here, I also gave this company 4.5 years, and I was too thrown under the bus.
Before the Coinstar take-over it was family oriented type of fun place to work. Then, we got bought out and our CEO soon resigned, now when a big boss like that decides to leave, somethings up. Soon after myself, and from what I'm reading, a few other FSRII's got let go.

Now I only use NETFLIX, and it amuses me when I pass by a Redbox that's out of order, because I know I would've been the one to stop what I was doing, even on an off-day, open up the kiosk, and make it operational again, but do U think they would've given a f**k?
Pros
Benefits, company vehicle, PTO, Vacation time, etc.
Cons
micro-management, rapid changes in procedures, poor communication within company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.