Redbox

Redbox Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
I learned to build up my productivity. To help out my coworkers in need as a team player or a lending hand or ears to listen. Hardest part is maintaining a full table of cases when the coworker does his or her part on the machines.
loved this job untill managemnt change
Regional Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
upper management change this job into a night mare... no work life balance.....no advancement.... no job security.... it use to be a a great place to work now its, will i have my job tomorrow? working towo to three positions at once is horrible... .. we use to have good paying bonuses now its pennies.
Work at your own pace and responsible for your own stuff
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: kept busy, met a bunch of customers, free movies
Cons: had to get work done no matter what. (ala Holidays and bad weather)
It can quite hectic but when I worked there I like the freedom and personal schedule. It allowed me to live on the schedule I liked and as long as the work got done by the end of the week, then my bosses were happy.
Nice Laidback Setting
Machine Support Supervisor Level I (Current Employee), IllinoisMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free DVDs, Good People, Laidback Attire
Cons: Schedules Could be Better
The company overall is nice and the people are also nice...most of the Senior Leaders will hang out and visit and the middle management is also very cool.
Great management, benefits, ability to grow, great schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: early start time, early finish time, weekends and holidays off, flexible schedule when needed.
Cons: no real cons
Working fast paced, gaining new skills, upper management is amazing. Received benefits, bonus, and great scheduling.
Fun company
Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS) (Former Employee), Fairfax, vaApril 10, 2015
9 years working with Redbox was fun, it is nice to have a job and career that you enjoy. Working in the retail entertainment business was very rewarding.
Very productive and fun working environment
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, fun to do.
Cons: limited to only part time work
Always on the go type of job. Meet lots of people. Learned to use my time wisely. Co- works are smart and fun to work with. Hardest part about the job is working outdoors in the elements. Best part about the job is the flexibility to do other things.
Fun while it lasted...
Program Manager (Former Employee), Oakbrook TerraceNovember 17, 2014
A plateauing product with little strategy for ongoing success in new digital space. Poor leadership and even worse communication prohibit the company from continuing to grow.
Flexible career with great benefits
Field Service Rep 2 (Current Employee), New Jersey MarketOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: tightening budget, cutbacks, slow when they need to rehire
A day as a Redbox FSR2 required a lot of organization and route optimization to get you to the sites that require fixing. There were everything from frozen PC reboots - smashed touchscreen. Changing lightbulbs and general maintenance was apart of the job. What i liked most about Redbox was having the freedom not to be micromanaged every day. We all emailed each other our daily priorities and would go about our work from there.
fun
Customer service (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 24, 2014
• Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
• Sell product and place customer orders in computer system.
• Provide customers with product and service information.
• Up sell products and services.
• Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
• Complete call logs and reports.
Great opportunity to learn how to run a business
Video Games Software - Buyer II (Current Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Redbox is a growing company that provides many opportunities for individuals to provide immediate impact. I was able to learn and develop many skills necessary to become successful within my career progression.
Fast paced environment that I enjoyed working at. Great people to work with and for as well.
Clerical, Contracted Position (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 7, 2014
I worked for a contracted Lead Electrician. Learned a lot from him
Highly independent and flexible company
FSR1 (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2014
Pros: flexibility, benefits, pay, positive environment
Cons: n/a
All of your tools/materials and expectations are given to you up front with a mountain of trust. You are give the freedom to execute the job on your schedule with respect to the expectations. Everyone under the RedBox umbrella enjoy their roles and each other, as a group of hardworking adults working toward a common goal.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Co-workers and management was great, we went on a company trip to Las Vegas.
Great company, employees are taken care of and well compensated.
Field Support Representative I (Current Employee), Kansas City MOJune 20, 2014
Pros: free movie rentals, flexible schedulings
Cons: use of personal vehicle
A typical day would include driving to an average of 10-15 locations and merchandising individual kiosks. The hardest part of this job is having to work outside in the extremes of the weather, however, this isn't a big issue as there are only a couple of months of the year where it is unpleasant. (extremely hot or cold). I think the best part of this job is being able to work on my own schedule.
having more than 8 years experience in SQL DBA
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee), ILJune 18, 2014
8+ years of IT experience in Database Administration, Design Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 in Production, Test, Development and Cluster Server Environments.
Don't bother
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Former Employee), USMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free movies, flexible days, good benefits
Cons: horrible pay, damage of personal vehicle, bad corporate management, no promotions, laughable raises.
When I first started at Redbox, everything seemed great. The pay wasn't much, but it was the only complaint at the time. Then all the people at the top of the company started to leave. The people who I knew had been in my shoes and had done my job. They started bringing in top dogs from other companies and it was all down hill from there.
I made under $12/hour + $60 a week in gas compensation (due to my low miles and city route), to merchandise 70 machines a week. A car is not made to be started and stopped that many times, and the end result was a totaled car. But when you complain about your compensation (hourly or gas), you are met with "but your benefits are so good" shoved down your throat. They are right. The benefits are good. However, they do not pay my bills. So as long as you leave me straddling the line of poverty, at least my doctor is only one $20 copay away.
I can go on and on about problems with this company. Just be ready to work in freezing weather, snow, rain, heat waves, etc. for little compensation and great benefits. Be ready to be managed from the top from a person you might have met once. Know that you will get $0.64 raise after being there for two years. And don't you dare complain. You better like it because you have great benefits.
work
Field Service Rep (Current Employee), Tampa, flMarch 10, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Not what you expect
Field Service Rep 1 (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: you work long hours you don't get paid for and lug around product in and out of your house.
This job sounded like my dream job- I mean, how hard could it be to drive around and put movies in a Redbox? It's A LOT more than that. It's supposedly 10 hrs. a day 4 days a week but on Mondays you have to sort through unorganized boxes to find your whole weeks' route and your meeting isn't untill 10am, so you will not get home till well into the evening hours. I was basically told by a co-worker that I had to half-you-know-what the job to get it done in time. But- if they find out you aren't sticking to their micro-managed Matrix that is impossible to do, you get in trouble. Their company computer system is horrible- they expect you to take online classes but half the time you can't access them. Good luck!!
Great Benefits
Field Service Rep. 2 (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: corporate car at certain levels.
Cons: no advancement
Redbox has great benefits. There is little room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Lately there have been work force reductions.

1 2 3 4

About Redbox

Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide, – Read more