Redbox Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA5 December 2016
I had a great time working here. The drivers policy is a bit odd and theres little room for mistakes. The coworkers are a little stuck up but are always looking for overtime.
Pros
always fun great and easy work
Cons
driving all day
Call Center Closed Down
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IL5 December 2016
Call center closed down and we all lost our jobs. Bought out by Coinstar who already had a call center in Canada. There still a support team in the US.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IL9 November 2016
this was by far the worst job i have ever had in my life. I worked here right out of college. They over work you and under pay you. You basically get paid to lie to customers about their rentals and being over charged and if the company has a glitch and the customer gets charged its your responsibility to figure out how to get the customer off the phone with out offering them any money back just codes for free movies and you couldnt give them more than 10
Terrible company
Field Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH7 June 2016
This company does not value it's employees and only cares about the bottom line numbers. You no longer have a name, you are given a number just like a prisoner.
Fun/learning workplace
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL3 June 2016
Fun place to work for, You come in and start fixing kiosks. Learned alot about how the inside of the machine really works. Theirs many ways to fix the different issue that i would see. You get to help the technicians that are physically fixing the machine, We would brainstorm everything possible to make sure the kiosk will be up.
Pros
Free snacks, 30 min break times.
Cons
Little room for promotion.
Good company, unsure future.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington State30 May 2016
Decent company that treats their employees pretty well. Unsure future of the business with the decline in the DVD rental market.
Great place to work, but no advancement
Field Representative Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV12 April 2016
It is a great place for flexible hours and good benefits. The limited staff makes advancement almost impossible except if your willing to relocate.
an enjoyable place to work
field support 1 (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK10 April 2016
was interesting always busy with different things to do.
all about redbox an how the company works an what it takes to be a field rep.
management would always do all they could to help you in any way that they could.
co-worker were always will to help an take over your route when needed with out complaint,
toting all those boxes from place to place
always on the go an traveling place to place an meeting new people.
Pros
the christmas parties and the extrathe company would do for you
Cons
having to use your own vechile
i worked with alot of good people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA9 April 2016
my review of redbox would be that they need to stop trying to go outside of the company to aquire other companies and just work with what they have and build on that
Best place I've ever worked
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY26 February 2016
I worked with Redbox for several years, in two different markets for two different supervisors. The job is very team-oriented. You travel to your market warehouse once a week to pick up your movies, prep any other needed materials and meet with your team. Travel from kiosk to kiosk on your own to merchandise. Very little direct supervision - must be self-motivated.
Pros
Set your own hours, good mileage reimbursement, great benefits package, fun job
Cons
Working outdoors in the elements on bad weather days, working holiday weeks, recent changes make it difficult to make up after a sick day
nice
bartender (Former Employee) –  Quezon City, P0027 January 2016
good bartender good jobs handle the guest.
good relationship to company
very nice
hard working
good performance
no problem
kind to other
Great support and benifits
Lead Field Tech and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CA22 January 2016
Merchandise kiosk throughout the territory, and insure field representatives complete work with a 98.9% accuracy rate.
Monitors daily kiosk performance reports
Responds to dispatch calls during scheduled shift between the hours of 8am and 8pm as needed
Provides quality customer service through regular interaction and communication with coworkers, external customers, external contractors, store owners, and managers and employees
Loads and unloads product from automobile, residence and warehouse
Supports Regional Operations Supervisor (ROS) with administrative responsibilities
Traveled extensively within territory to support team and ensure fulfillment of company objectives.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
No advancement
Good benefits
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR5 January 2016
As an FSR II, Your days will not be consistent. The pay is decent but the benefits are among the best of any company I have been associated with. Training is weak, weak, weak. Expect to train yourself. Management will expect you to know your job right away. I was with the company for 13 months and led my market in performance the last ten months consecutively. Recognition for a job well done should not be expected.
Some days may be 12 to 14 hours long depending on your market. Overtime is discouraged. Meaning you may have some days that you have to cut short due to some days running long. This varies day to and week by week. Not very family friendly. Not much room to advance. Pay raises are practically non existent. I never heard of or saw any raises.
If you are accustomed to being an overachiever, look elsewhere.
There were multiple Executive position changes with Outerwall/Redbox during my employment. Who is in charge this month?
Pros
The Insurance benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great company
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 December 2015
Excellent benefits
I work from home
Management is left to be desired. Changing hands to much
Great employees who I have hired
I spend most of my time managing people and inventory
The demanding schedules are the hardest part of the job
Working my employees is the most enjoyable part of my job
Relaxing and professional.
Machine Support QA Specialist - Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL9 December 2015
Great company that values work and home balance. Acquired many skills that I can apply to my career. Some skills include:

-Data Analysis/Mining
-Content Management
-Information Tech
-Project Managment
-Team based work

I really enjoyed being able to learn skills in data analysis as well as IT, this allows me insight of the business and technical side of what makes a company sustainable.
Great Place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME25 November 2015
Working for redbox I was able to learn great skills. I now have nine years experience in tech support and traveling a large territory.
Machine Support
Level 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL12 November 2015
I enjoyed my time working at redbox. The atmosphere was pleasant and enjoyable. The job was detail oriented and you had to have an eye for detail.
Pros
Employee Related Perks
Cons
No real Cons to report
Redbox
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MI7 August 2015
Redbox is a great place to work. It gives me a chance to work on my own, get my job done on my own time. My Co-workers are great to work with, we help each other other when needed. I have supportive management.
Pros
Get to work on my own time
Cons
The driving 600miles a week.
Productive place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 July 2015
I learned to build up my productivity. To help out my coworkers in need as a team player or a lending hand or ears to listen. Hardest part is maintaining a full table of cases when the coworker does his or her part on the machines.
loved this job untill managemnt change
Regional Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX28 May 2015
upper management change this job into a night mare... no work life balance.....no advancement.... no job security.... it use to be a a great place to work now its, will i have my job tomorrow? working towo to three positions at once is horrible... .. we use to have good paying bonuses now its pennies.

2.9