Redbox Employee Reviews

Good job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZ7 November 2017
Load new movies in kiosks clean inside and out. How to deal with the public. Management is strict but nice they don't bother you with phone calls they just let you do your job. Not a hard job. You get to work alone.
intese work place
Regional Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland6 November 2017
Too much work for what was needed underpaid and overworked, it was more of a college salary for a college student. Was happy to leave that environment when the opportunity came available
Pros
Watch free movies
Cons
Too much work and not enough compensation
Great benefits, poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL23 October 2017
The company and job in of itself were excellent. Benefits were also very good. The problem in the company lay in its inconsistency of work (hours would vary widely from week to week depending on merchandise) and the fact that the managers practice retaliation on you should you give any manager a low score on "anonymous" reviews. Perhaps not all managers throughout the company were like that, but from my experience, they were bullies to me and ended up forcing me out of the job.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent hours
fun place
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA9 October 2017
great place to work fun atmosphere and also great people to work with. Works around your schedule as well as provides great company benefits. Redbox is a great company.
Wonderful people and benefits
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AR20 September 2017
Very fast paced work. Met a lot of new people when I was out working on the kiosks.
You have to be very efficient and organized to do this type of work
Pros
Work hour flexability
Cons
Too many miles on my car
Good potential depending on your Supervisor
FSR2 (Current Employee) –  Texas20 September 2017
As an FSR2 my day starts from home with a conference call. We discuss all the "down" kiosks (dispatches) that will need to be repaired for the day.
An FSR2 works independently with a company vehicle to take care of these tasks.
This job will be either a very good job, or a very bad job depending on your supervisor and the "clique" of the team. In my case a co-worker with seniority gets away with the worst violations making it a difficult situation. Going to my supervisor only got me an earfull and a good lesson NOT to go to him to solve interior problems. The culture is different from team to team.
The hardest part of the job is working in ALL weather conditions.
I love the independance of the job. If I can put up with the bad supervisor and his favoritism I will stay here a long time.
Pros
Company car, independance, decent benefits/bonuses
Cons
potentially bad management in some areas.
Great work place
Field Support Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  Virginia14 September 2017
Good
Professional
Good Management
Steady Work
Work Place Culture
Respect
Integrity
Honor
Good
Professional
training
benefits
on going training
vacations
Very fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WY11 September 2017
I loved my job at Redbox and so sad to leave. My supervisor and fellow employees were amazing to work with. I was able to make my schedule fit into my schedule at home.
Fun place with lots of dvds to watch
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 August 2017
This was a slow paced balanced job with lil or no stress, the pay was not that great, i enjoyed managing the kiosk and i had 48 locations stretching across northe Louisiana and further.....
great company
Machine Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL24 August 2017
my job is to troubleshoot kiosk issues that are generated via Remedy (ticketing system) and via phone call from both the field team and customers or client calls. the role is a great laid back role, most of the job is remote troubleshooting. its a typical 8 hour shift but theres reoccurring PTO and some ( not a lot) paid holidays to make up. free snacks and company paid lunch (once a month) and lots of event including company paid movie screenings and outings. friendly environment, training as needed. there are opportunities to move up i have witness some well deserved coworkers move into new roles, and management has been nothing short of great. casual work place and most of the employees are friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
free snacks, lots of events and room to grow, and good benefits
Cons
Pay can be a little more competitive, but they kind of make up for it with the benefit package and activities, the job can be repetitive and boring after so long.
Motion Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  CV Raman Nagar18 July 2017
We have the freedom to work from home. They discussed and accepted our ideas. Appreciate our works. As an event management company we have lot of enjoyment parties.
Grew faster than management could handle
Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL11 July 2017
During the time-frame of my employment; company was growing at an incredible rate. Most training took place on the fly with management having the attitude of "They will learn as they move along". Poor communication between upper management in Seattle and local management in Oak Brook, IL.
Culture was very laid-back in Oak Brook and very button-down in Seattle.
Company was populated with younger corporate types trying to climb the corporate ladder quickly. No place for someone in their 50's.
Pros
Many perks, such as free soda pop machines
Cons
Lack of direction at the local level.
Loved it
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TX7 July 2017
I enjoyed goin to work everyday the hours worked well with other things I had going on in my life. Paid training so that was alwayz a plus. Had vending machines and break rooms with computers and couches to relax on. But no phones while on the floor working.
Pros
Vending machines
Cons
Gotta be signed in computer not just work
felt betrayed
Field Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA13 June 2017
When i got hired by this job i thought it was a chance too work for company to start and build a career but i was sadly mistaken. During my phone interview with my manager at the time i was told the territory i was going to work in was going to be a booming market for the company. Little did i know that during my tenure there which was less than a year that i would be laid off from my position that was supposed to be a promising and expanding market that was told to me by my superiors. I must admit that the company was very generous in the severance package but it still was a unexpected turn of events. I really did enjoy my job and what i did there i wish it would of worked out because i would of stayed with them because i believed in their mission statement.
Pros
freedom to work at your own pace
Cons
had to be reimbursed for gas and tolls which took weeks to transfer
A great company
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL12 June 2017
Redbox is a great company to work for. The work environment is great and at times can be a fun place to work,especially with the group outings. Great benefits and a friendly co worker atmosphere. Great place to connect for resources as well
Pros
Each month you will receive a free employee appreciation lunch, group outings, and a relaxed work environment
Cons
Work schedule is a bit tough, you are required to work on Saturdays and may have to work the whole weekend as well
decent stepping stone
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TX9 June 2017
Redbox has great flexibility and freedom. I see my boss once a week and thats it. I currently work a 4 day week and have flexibility to do errands in middle of day or kids activities. Decent job but no room for advancement and pay increases are weak.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great work environment
Electronics/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kent, WA9 June 2017
I loved working there everyday with the people and workplace. Would have loved to have stayed, but company was bought out and our shop was closed down to move elsewhere.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WA16 May 2017
Managers and Supervisors work close with other customer Service rep and are always willing to help. Other colleges and are always willing to answer questions and help with task that may come.
Pros
free soda pop, coffee, tea and snacks, and game room to use computer or watch tv
Cons
3/4 of the year call volume always high
Great people, very flexible and casual environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL10 May 2017
Great people, very flexible and casual environment. Free coffee and snacks, flexibility on time and working remotely. More P.TO would be nice. Alot of priority changes. Not clear direction from upper management.
Excellent job that places an emphasis on teamwork.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX1 May 2017
Excellent job. Good pay, and good work/life balance. Help is always available and fast. Teamwork is a big part of the culture and is one of the reasons this company is so successful.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, time off
Cons
Have to use your own vehicle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9