RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking an Editor to lead the dynamic team at up! magazine, the in-flight publication of WestJet Airlines. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with a strong background in travel journalism.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions provides publishing and communication solutions that engage, inform and inspire. Our award-winning consumer and corporate magazines include Avenue Calgary, Avenue Edmonton, WestJet’s inflight magazine up!, and many custom publications. We have grown since 1994 to become one of the largest and most celebrated independent publishing and marketing companies in Western Canada, with talented professionals in editorial, design, production, sales, marketing and distribution. RedPoint has been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers each year since 2009, and continually seeks out the best and brightest employees to help maintain and build this strong reputation. As a RedPoint employee, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of our company.
WestJet’s in-flight magazine, up!, offers a fresh perspective on the joy of travel and discovery. Our storytellers are award-winning journalists and photographers fluent in the destinations they cover. They also share the same wanderlust as our readers. WestJet up! is a smart, playful magazine passionate about travel.
As Editor of up! magazine, WestJet’s inflight publication, you will lead a dynamic team of editors and writers to create a monthly travel magazine focused on the WestJet universe. The Editor’s primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the editorial, web and art teams to craft stories that celebrate and inspire travel to WestJet destinations;
- Researching, writing, assigning and substantive editing of features, departments, cover copy and display copy as needed;
- Working with WestJet to ensure that up! magazine exceeds the company’s expectations for a branded publication;
- Providing leadership, guidance and direction to the up! print and web editorial teams and directing the overall focus of the magazine’s editorial;
- Researching travel trends to advance the magazine’s market-leadership position;
- Maintaining and improving the magazine’s editorial standards and procedures.
our ideal candidate
The Editor of up! is a dynamic writer, editor and leader who loves to travel and is passionate about high-quality storytelling.
Skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Minimum of three years in a senior editorial position at a print publication;
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with writers on assigning and substantive editing;
- Previous experience leading a team;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and maintain budgets;
- Previous experience working in a travel publication or working on corporate publications is an asset.
To help enhance the company and be a strong contributor to the RedPoint team, you are:
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with;
- Passionate about the quality of your work, but you don’t take yourself too seriously;
- Self-motivated with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on
- Able to work across teams to pull the skills and energy of many departments and people
together to produce great work;
- Dedicated to improving quality and concerned about the details.
our RedPoint package
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
RedPoint is proud to have been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers each year since 2009.
how to apply
This posting is open through September. 20, 2013.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail, visit http://redpointmedia.ca for details.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.