Red Robin Employee Reviews

Good place to start your life
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
This job is basically the same thing of working at mcdonald. Working in the kitchen is hot, greasy, and foody. Since it is a gourmet restaurant, it's mandatory for the food to look picture perfect to give the server a good tip.

It gets really busy during the weekend and food production tends to pile up on top of each order and takes a while longer to make the order. It happens.
I do not recommend Bananza to anyone
Food Prep/Cold Side Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2016
I did not like the environment at Bonanza. The staff are very disrespectful. I would not recommend this place to anyone who is searching for culinary path or experience.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Rude staff
LOVE working there!
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2016
Great place to work! Great food, great people, and staff is like family. Reliable place to work and always the best times!!
Interesting learning experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2016
honestly, i enjoy my job; however, the management is incredibly favoring, those who make it into their "inner circle" seem to get special treatment and those who are not are all but shunned.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
biased managers
Fun work environment, Awesome employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Red Robin was a fun place to work. In my eyes it was a stepping stone, somewhere to build on my customer service skills, and in that I succeeded to the point that I felt comfortable moving forward.
Co-workers were probably the best part of working there. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the new management and all the different requests from new managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was bartending, guest interactions, aswell as making a guest happy.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Fun place to work with great people
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2015
the culture at red robin is awesome. A great place for anyone to work and a wonderful place to make friends I highly suggest anyone work here.
Typical Line Cook Job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 December 2015
You show up, you cook, then you clean up. That's all this job really was. Easy to catch on bud during slow times it was difficult to keep busy. Wipe down something and make your self look busy otherwise you don't have anything else to do.
Pros
Reliable team
Cons
Poor work environment
Red Robins Coq
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 November 2015
They management was very scattered and i felt like i was unwanted there. Everyone focuses on themselves and is not willing to help out new members and a lot of the time they would make you cry.
Pros
Good balance with work and my life.
Cons
No breaks, and people didn't work as a team.
Was fast paced busy place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 September 2015
I worked night shifts there soon as i was to come on it was already busy so u just get on the line find out what staiton you were working and get to work.
Managers were alright there but always wanted to send people home soon as the rush died down.
co-workers were mixed alot were younger but i meet a few friends there i still talk to

Hardest part was working the dish area once or twice a week
Most enjoyable part my co-workers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not enough hours, hard getting home some nights when buses stoped
bad uniforms, bad management
Host (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 August 2015
The coworkers are the only positive thing about this job. As a hostess I didn't really have much customer interaction so they were the least of my worries. But overall fun atmosphere.
amazing company
Line cook, Prep cook, Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 August 2015
best employer ive worked for in the food industry, highly focused on culture and training. this store in particlar was realy good, much better than the prince george location
Very negative enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB Clairview12 August 2015
This was the worst place I ever worked and I worked in a lot of different restaurants. They are so cheap of giving raises. Some of the managers there power trip and yell at you for things you were not responsible for. It is high stress and not enough pay. Worst treatment I had.
Pros
Cons
everything, heavy black uniforms in the kitchen on hot days. tiny paychecks, split shifts, rude managers and coworkers
Alright place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC9 August 2015
I enjoyed most of my time here and most of my coworkers. I had been working here when I got my current job and after working both for a couple months, the scheduling just wasn't working and the other job was a better opportunity and had more stable hours.
Cons
Split shifts, night shifts
//////
Hostess / Expo (Former Employee) –  abbotsford bc30 July 2015
good place to work you learn lots it really gets you out of your shell and how to talk to customers, great first job, hard to move up from there
Trainer, certified in all positions
Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2015
Long, management was an issue, but the co-workers were great. Food was good, positions and moving up occurred. Enjoyable training new employees in positions.
Pros
Half-off food, staff was full of conviviality
Cons
Terrible hours, terrible management
Not what I wanted
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC20 June 2015
Great Company when started in a cook/ dishwasher position years ago. With no previous experience you have a hard time to adapted as a manager.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours, lots of stress
Fast Paced Family
Shift Leader, Lead Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta2 June 2015
Red Robin is a very fast paced environment with a Family aspect connected to it. Not only is it a family restaurant but co-workers become your family as well. Teamwork is essential to make it through the day; without teamwork nothing is possible. My favorite part of the job is being able to make someones day memorable for the rest of their life.
Pros
Good money, good people
Cons
Can be very stressful
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Clareview23 February 2015
Terrible management, always blaming staff for things. Needs major support from higher managers. Lots of bullying and no help.
dishwasher
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2014
working for red robins was not easy, having people yell at you to get them certain things but there was some good co workers and some fun times
Pros
good co workers
Cons
getting yelled at
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2014
A fast paced, busy family restaurant. Servers learn to work in a team as well as individually to ensure outstanding customer service during high volume peak hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.