Red Robin Employee Reviews

fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2016
Ive loved working at Red robin i love the management but sometimes i think they dont really listen to the team members and they manly focus on the bad never really the good. I love all of my co workers they are the best.
Pros
meet so many great people
Cons
no one care
Family friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Good company to work for. Popular, so it is
often busy.Casual dress code, which is nice. Thorough training giving opportunities to those new to the industry. Also plenty of opportunity to move up within company.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Short shifts
Good work environment, but questionable decisions by higher-ups
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2016
Red Robin was a good place to work as a student. I questioned MANY of the decisions of regional managers and other such execs, as it relates to policies, menu items and promotions.
Pros
Short shifts, set starting times, fun atmostphere
Cons
Execs make poor choices and are not very friendly.
Great team, bad management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 October 2016
Management was rude to employees. Coworkers worked together, creating a fun and positive work environment. A typical shift included seating guests, organizing front door, cleaning up, and running food. I learned about how to get work done fast while still doing good job.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
rude management
It was alright
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
I was a highschool student while working there my first real job. It was cool, it was fun nothing much I can say.. it was something long ago.. when I was working there..
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Stressful
boss was great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
great team work , great bosses, reasonable hours, clean and organized work yard, tools that were provided were clean and all in working condition
great work environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
A management mess.
Line cook for "cold side", fryers, salads, wraps (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 June 2016
I am giving Red Robin's low rating for a few reasons, 1) I never got certified when I was suppose to. 2) I was pulling Shift Leader work when no one else was there to do it and never got certified. 3) The managers of the kitchen were not reliable. 4) They knew I have kids and I had explained to them that I can not stay past 9-10 pm, but they would stick me in closing shifts almost every week which i wouldn't get out until 10:30-11 pm when I had to be up at 6 am to get my daughter ready for school. 6) The amount in teenagers working in the kitchen was a little uneasy.
Pros
50% meals and free fries and pop
Cons
No medical or nothing unless you work 40hr a week for a year..
Very fun and busy work place.
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 May 2016
a typical day at work at Red Robin usually results in running around making sure your guest receive everything they need and have a great overall experience. I've learned to have a lot of patience with the public with this job, and also how to multitask very quickly. You quickly learn to make lists in your head of what is next to do. Our management is great, as per usual there are off days, but they listen to our needs. I absolutely love all my co-workers. They always make the shifts fun and always lend a hand if need be to any one. The hardest part of my job is making sure that no matter how rude a customer is we always try and be as nice and considerate as we can and to try and make them as happy as they can be. The most enjoyable part of my job, is all the different conversations I have with the people I serve. You get to meet a lot of really cool people.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
split shifts
Strong Teaching, Coaching
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 May 2016
Vast majority of management training centered around development not of oneself but the staff below you.

Stress-Full Environment that is made great by those around you. Those that you train and those that trained you
Red Robins
Hostess, welcomes guests and seats guests (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2016
The work is most defiantly hard and your running around a lot but i enjoy it because i don't like to be standing around doing nothing i like to keep busy and active.
Pros
the staff
Cons
money
I was pleasantly surprised
Servet (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 April 2016
Having been an industry girl for over 2 decades I am impressed by how much I have learned and how organized a restaurant that does this kind of volume can be.
Pros
A great support team
Good place to start your life
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
This job is basically the same thing of working at mcdonald. Working in the kitchen is hot, greasy, and foody. Since it is a gourmet restaurant, it's mandatory for the food to look picture perfect to give the server a good tip.

It gets really busy during the weekend and food production tends to pile up on top of each order and takes a while longer to make the order. It happens.
I do not recommend Bananza to anyone
Food Prep/Cold Side Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2016
I did not like the environment at Bonanza. The staff are very disrespectful. I would not recommend this place to anyone who is searching for culinary path or experience.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Rude staff
LOVE working there!
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2016
Great place to work! Great food, great people, and staff is like family. Reliable place to work and always the best times!!
Interesting learning experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2016
honestly, i enjoy my job; however, the management is incredibly favoring, those who make it into their "inner circle" seem to get special treatment and those who are not are all but shunned.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
biased managers
Fun work environment, Awesome employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Red Robin was a fun place to work. In my eyes it was a stepping stone, somewhere to build on my customer service skills, and in that I succeeded to the point that I felt comfortable moving forward.
Co-workers were probably the best part of working there. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the new management and all the different requests from new managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was bartending, guest interactions, aswell as making a guest happy.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Fun place to work with great people
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2015
the culture at red robin is awesome. A great place for anyone to work and a wonderful place to make friends I highly suggest anyone work here.
Typical Line Cook Job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 December 2015
You show up, you cook, then you clean up. That's all this job really was. Easy to catch on bud during slow times it was difficult to keep busy. Wipe down something and make your self look busy otherwise you don't have anything else to do.
Pros
Reliable team
Cons
Poor work environment
Red Robins Coq
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 November 2015
They management was very scattered and i felt like i was unwanted there. Everyone focuses on themselves and is not willing to help out new members and a lot of the time they would make you cry.
Pros
Good balance with work and my life.
Cons
No breaks, and people didn't work as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.