Red Robin Employee Reviews

Was fast paced busy place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 September 2015
I worked night shifts there soon as i was to come on it was already busy so u just get on the line find out what staiton you were working and get to work.
Managers were alright there but always wanted to send people home soon as the rush died down.
co-workers were mixed alot were younger but i meet a few friends there i still talk to

Hardest part was working the dish area once or twice a week
Most enjoyable part my co-workers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not enough hours, hard getting home some nights when buses stoped
Not what I wanted
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC20 June 2015
Great Company when started in a cook/ dishwasher position years ago. With no previous experience you have a hard time to adapted as a manager.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours, lots of stress
Trainer, certified in all positions
Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2015
Long, management was an issue, but the co-workers were great. Food was good, positions and moving up occurred. Enjoyable training new employees in positions.
Pros
Half-off food, staff was full of conviviality
Cons
Terrible hours, terrible management
Typical Line Cook Job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 December 2015
You show up, you cook, then you clean up. That's all this job really was. Easy to catch on bud during slow times it was difficult to keep busy. Wipe down something and make your self look busy otherwise you don't have anything else to do.
Pros
Reliable team
Cons
Poor work environment
Fast Paced, Fun, Challenging Environment
Kitchen Manager/FOH Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 August 2013
I loved the pace of this restaurant and the management opportunities. The training was incredible and the treatment of the staff was superior. I loved managing and the trust that the company had in me to make decisions and help the restaurant's success.
Pros
Lots of management opportunity
Cons
Low pay
Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, B.C.3 October 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips
Excellent place to work
Assistant General Manager - Red Robin (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 July 2012
Amazing team atmosphere
Gained valuble experience
Learn something new everyday
Excellent Benifits
Pros
excellent team
Fast Paced Family
Shift Leader, Lead Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta2 June 2015
Red Robin is a very fast paced environment with a Family aspect connected to it. Not only is it a family restaurant but co-workers become your family as well. Teamwork is essential to make it through the day; without teamwork nothing is possible. My favorite part of the job is being able to make someones day memorable for the rest of their life.
Pros
Good money, good people
Cons
Can be very stressful
good work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge BC2 March 2014
good work place but i decided that cooking in the food industry wasn't my thing i want to get into the trades but i want to make some money so i can save for school.
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
not organized management
Very Dramatic and Young Staff
Hostess/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2013
Everyday is busy. The old management was a lot better. The people are all very young. Lots of drama. You don't get very many hours.
Pros
50% off food on shift.
Cons
management, pay, servers, hours
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2013
It was fun working there and had a great work place which I felt very comfortable in.
Pros
discounted food, good hours
Cons
management
Alright place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC9 August 2015
I enjoyed most of my time here and most of my coworkers. I had been working here when I got my current job and after working both for a couple months, the scheduling just wasn't working and the other job was a better opportunity and had more stable hours.
Cons
Split shifts, night shifts
Fun and getting to help people
hostess,busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2014
A typical day consisted of seeing plently of customers. What I had learned was that no matter how hard or stressful things are just smile. Managnebt was terriable. The co-workers were off and on fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone at once. The most enjoyable part was seeing everyone happy in the end.
i love working in sales and customer service
Hostess, busser and runner (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 June 2013
working in Armani Exchange as an ECON-on line customer service- my day would start by checking emails regarding customers complains and responding making sure the right solution has been provided and there needs have been met, then prepare their order, charge them for the purchase and ship it out. As a sales person my job was to make sure the floor and the fitting room are kept clean and all customers have been helped.
At OLD River my day would start by checking the inventory of other stores and if short on a specific item I would ship to them to replenish their stock. Then help customers make sure they are being helped and finish the transactions. Then closing the store, counting the money , make deposit and fix any problem that might occur with the cash register

I belive that customers satisfaction and team work are the most important elements in a business. Also making sure that all the employees are happy and coming to the floor with a happy attitude is very impotent because when the employees work properly the business will function smoothly.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and happy. the hardest part of the job is some time when you get a grumpy customer, but I have learned to deal with them calmly and professonally. .
Pros
always on time
Cons
workaholic
N/A
Hostess / Expo (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford BC30 April 2014
I really enjoyed working at reds, my only few issues were you never had enough hours, and the pay rate is low. but its a great place to work, you make lot's of great people, and you just have fun while working there!
Fun environment...enjoyed working there
Supervisor / Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 June 2013
Good managment team and good co-workers...definately a fun place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if i lived in abbotsford still.
High to low stress
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2013
Stress levels vary which can be frustrating due to a lack of consistency in the workplace.
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2014
A fast paced, busy family restaurant. Servers learn to work in a team as well as individually to ensure outstanding customer service during high volume peak hours.
Good workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 April 2013
Greeting guests, seating people, taking orders over the phone, taking reservations, setting up tables, assisted servers and managers.
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
very short hours
Great place to learn and company to work for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria bc14 August 2014
Met some great friends and was treated incredibly well by the company.