Red Robin Employee Reviews

great place to work among friends
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
Great place to work for students trying to ear some income while still in school.
not so great if you have core classes as this job requires at least 3 days
Pros
great place to earn income
Cons
force you to work 3 times per week
"Bottomless Fun" at Red Robin
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2017
Red Robin is a great company to work for in many ways. The schedule is very flexible and management is always going above and beyond to ensure employees have their needs met. I have learned how to be a part of a team and have been successful in cooperating with my co workers, guests and managers every day and sometimes in difficult or stressful situations. I love working with the great staff and management! However, there is not a lot of room for advancement within the company.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
Not many opportunities to move forward within the company
productive and fun workplace helpful team members
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Saturday was very typical because of weekend very busy day.i gained so much experience from it.management was good.the most enjoyabe par of job is our lunch time
Pros
free lunches
positive work environment
Duties- cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
I worked as a line cook cooking different kinds of dishes The work environment was great. Of course you had a few people that were trouble but they eventually left and everything got better..
Pros
free food
Cons
location
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
The restaurant business is always fast pace and go go go, but Red Robin was very busy most of the time and you need to be able to work under pressure and also perform good.
Fast paced work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Good place to start a career, and build fundamental skills for future jobs/ careers. Gained plenty of day-to-day skills not only needed for Red Robins specifically but in the real world also.
fast paced, good food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
punctual days and plenty there to keep everyone busy. great teamwork and staff members. A good positive work environment.
working as a team member
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
its a place to learn for fast paced environment.but its worst management,no responsible people around there.working as a part time.
Professional
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 December 2016
This job was one of my favorites. My manager at the time was so caring for his employees and was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed this job and was able to grow my skills and experience here. The managers were very supportive and encouraging.
Hard work often alone.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood7 November 2016
Most work as a dishwasher is fast paced and hard. Work is mostly done by yourself. Tasks included operating the dish washer and scrubbing dishes before they enter the washer.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Mostly working by yourslef
fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2016
Ive loved working at Red robin i love the management but sometimes i think they dont really listen to the team members and they manly focus on the bad never really the good. I love all of my co workers they are the best.
Pros
meet so many great people
Cons
no one care
Family friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Good company to work for. Popular, so it is
often busy.Casual dress code, which is nice. Thorough training giving opportunities to those new to the industry. Also plenty of opportunity to move up within company.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Short shifts
Good work environment, but questionable decisions by higher-ups
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2016
Red Robin was a good place to work as a student. I questioned MANY of the decisions of regional managers and other such execs, as it relates to policies, menu items and promotions.
Pros
Short shifts, set starting times, fun atmostphere
Cons
Execs make poor choices and are not very friendly.
Great team, bad management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 October 2016
Management was rude to employees. Coworkers worked together, creating a fun and positive work environment. A typical shift included seating guests, organizing front door, cleaning up, and running food. I learned about how to get work done fast while still doing good job.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
rude management
It was alright
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
I was a highschool student while working there my first real job. It was cool, it was fun nothing much I can say.. it was something long ago.. when I was working there..
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Stressful
boss was great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
great team work , great bosses, reasonable hours, clean and organized work yard, tools that were provided were clean and all in working condition
great work environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
A management mess.
Line cook for "cold side", fryers, salads, wraps (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 June 2016
I am giving Red Robin's low rating for a few reasons, 1) I never got certified when I was suppose to. 2) I was pulling Shift Leader work when no one else was there to do it and never got certified. 3) The managers of the kitchen were not reliable. 4) They knew I have kids and I had explained to them that I can not stay past 9-10 pm, but they would stick me in closing shifts almost every week which i wouldn't get out until 10:30-11 pm when I had to be up at 6 am to get my daughter ready for school. 6) The amount in teenagers working in the kitchen was a little uneasy.
Pros
50% meals and free fries and pop
Cons
No medical or nothing unless you work 40hr a week for a year..
Very fun and busy work place.
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 May 2016
a typical day at work at Red Robin usually results in running around making sure your guest receive everything they need and have a great overall experience. I've learned to have a lot of patience with the public with this job, and also how to multitask very quickly. You quickly learn to make lists in your head of what is next to do. Our management is great, as per usual there are off days, but they listen to our needs. I absolutely love all my co-workers. They always make the shifts fun and always lend a hand if need be to any one. The hardest part of my job is making sure that no matter how rude a customer is we always try and be as nice and considerate as we can and to try and make them as happy as they can be. The most enjoyable part of my job, is all the different conversations I have with the people I serve. You get to meet a lot of really cool people.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
split shifts
Strong Teaching, Coaching
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 May 2016
Vast majority of management training centered around development not of oneself but the staff below you.

Stress-Full Environment that is made great by those around you. Those that you train and those that trained you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval