Red Robin Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with amazing team members.
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 January 2013
I had a great time working for Red Robin. The staff made me feel welcome and if I ever needed something there was no shortage of offers to help from other team members and management.

A typical shift was about 4 or 5 hours and was very fast paced which made time fly by.

The hardest part of the job was the odd time you would deal with unruly customers. The most enjoyable was working with friends.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks as a server
Fast Paced, Fun, Challenging Environment
Kitchen Manager/FOH Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 August 2013
I loved the pace of this restaurant and the management opportunities. The training was incredible and the treatment of the staff was superior. I loved managing and the trust that the company had in me to make decisions and help the restaurant's success.
Pros
Lots of management opportunity
Cons
Low pay
Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, B.C.3 October 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2013
It was fun working there and had a great work place which I felt very comfortable in.
Pros
discounted food, good hours
Cons
management
Fun and getting to help people
hostess,busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2014
A typical day consisted of seeing plently of customers. What I had learned was that no matter how hard or stressful things are just smile. Managnebt was terriable. The co-workers were off and on fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone at once. The most enjoyable part was seeing everyone happy in the end.
good work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge BC2 March 2014
good work place but i decided that cooking in the food industry wasn't my thing i want to get into the trades but i want to make some money so i can save for school.
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
not organized management
Very Dramatic and Young Staff
Hostess/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2013
Everyday is busy. The old management was a lot better. The people are all very young. Lots of drama. You don't get very many hours.
Pros
50% off food on shift.
Cons
management, pay, servers, hours
i love working in sales and customer service
Hostess, busser and runner (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 June 2013
working in Armani Exchange as an ECON-on line customer service- my day would start by checking emails regarding customers complains and responding making sure the right solution has been provided and there needs have been met, then prepare their order, charge them for the purchase and ship it out. As a sales person my job was to make sure the floor and the fitting room are kept clean and all customers have been helped.
At OLD River my day would start by checking the inventory of other stores and if short on a specific item I would ship to them to replenish their stock. Then help customers make sure they are being helped and finish the transactions. Then closing the store, counting the money , make deposit and fix any problem that might occur with the cash register

I belive that customers satisfaction and team work are the most important elements in a business. Also making sure that all the employees are happy and coming to the floor with a happy attitude is very impotent because when the employees work properly the business will function smoothly.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and happy. the hardest part of the job is some time when you get a grumpy customer, but I have learned to deal with them calmly and professonally. .
Pros
always on time
Cons
workaholic
N/A
Hostess / Expo (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford BC30 April 2014
I really enjoyed working at reds, my only few issues were you never had enough hours, and the pay rate is low. but its a great place to work, you make lot's of great people, and you just have fun while working there!
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2014
A fast paced, busy family restaurant. Servers learn to work in a team as well as individually to ensure outstanding customer service during high volume peak hours.
Fun environment...enjoyed working there
Supervisor / Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 June 2013
Good managment team and good co-workers...definately a fun place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if i lived in abbotsford still.
Good workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 April 2013
Greeting guests, seating people, taking orders over the phone, taking reservations, setting up tables, assisted servers and managers.
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
very short hours
High to low stress
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2013
Stress levels vary which can be frustrating due to a lack of consistency in the workplace.
Great place to learn and company to work for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria bc14 August 2014
Met some great friends and was treated incredibly well by the company.