Red Robin Employee Reviews

I would never recommend this place of work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2017
The management constantly went behind the staff's backs to talk about other employees as well as promise advancement and then tell other employees that it was a joke for fun. If it wasn't for the amazing other servers and FOH staff as well as the kitchen workers, I wouldn't have stayed there. In addition, they kept you far past your end times with little to no warning.
Pros
Half off meals on working days
Cons
Terrible management and long non-scheduled hours
Terrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 February 2017
This establishment is poorly run. There isn't enough equipment to do your job. The food often runs over 30 minutes sometimes well over an hour. The management is condescending. there is no sense of leadership. The employees are not happy.
Pros
50% off Select menu items
Cons
everything else
Fun work place with great people
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Red Robin was a great place to work i learned a lot from being there, from basic people skills to problem solving and developmental skills. a day at work usually contested of seating people planing reservations, cleaning and running food well of course helping my co-workers. Management at my specific restraint was rough dealing with favouritism, out bursts, and disrespect. not all mangers were this way however and the ones i mainly worked with were great; fun loving, understanding and helpful, they made work a place you wanted to be. the hardest part of my job was communication when it is busy you have to be at the top of you game but if not all workers are willing things would get difficult, we always fund a way through however. the best thing about this job was the people, the restraint was a big family and everyone helped looked out for and respected one another.
Pros
great hours and flexible schedules
Cons
bad location with risky clientele
great place to work among friends
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
Great place to work for students trying to ear some income while still in school.
not so great if you have core classes as this job requires at least 3 days
Pros
great place to earn income
Cons
force you to work 3 times per week
"Bottomless Fun" at Red Robin
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2017
Red Robin is a great company to work for in many ways. The schedule is very flexible and management is always going above and beyond to ensure employees have their needs met. I have learned how to be a part of a team and have been successful in cooperating with my co workers, guests and managers every day and sometimes in difficult or stressful situations. I love working with the great staff and management! However, there is not a lot of room for advancement within the company.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
Not many opportunities to move forward within the company
productive and fun workplace helpful team members
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Saturday was very typical because of weekend very busy day.i gained so much experience from it.management was good.the most enjoyabe par of job is our lunch time
Pros
free lunches
positive work environment
Duties- cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
I worked as a line cook cooking different kinds of dishes The work environment was great. Of course you had a few people that were trouble but they eventually left and everything got better..
Pros
free food
Cons
location
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
The restaurant business is always fast pace and go go go, but Red Robin was very busy most of the time and you need to be able to work under pressure and also perform good.
Fast paced work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Good place to start a career, and build fundamental skills for future jobs/ careers. Gained plenty of day-to-day skills not only needed for Red Robins specifically but in the real world also.
fast paced, good food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
punctual days and plenty there to keep everyone busy. great teamwork and staff members. A good positive work environment.
working as a team member
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
its a place to learn for fast paced environment.but its worst management,no responsible people around there.working as a part time.
Professional
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 December 2016
This job was one of my favorites. My manager at the time was so caring for his employees and was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed this job and was able to grow my skills and experience here. The managers were very supportive and encouraging.
Hard work often alone.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood7 November 2016
Most work as a dishwasher is fast paced and hard. Work is mostly done by yourself. Tasks included operating the dish washer and scrubbing dishes before they enter the washer.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Mostly working by yourslef
fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2016
Ive loved working at Red robin i love the management but sometimes i think they dont really listen to the team members and they manly focus on the bad never really the good. I love all of my co workers they are the best.
Pros
meet so many great people
Cons
no one care
Family friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Good company to work for. Popular, so it is
often busy.Casual dress code, which is nice. Thorough training giving opportunities to those new to the industry. Also plenty of opportunity to move up within company.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Short shifts
Good work environment, but questionable decisions by higher-ups
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2016
Red Robin was a good place to work as a student. I questioned MANY of the decisions of regional managers and other such execs, as it relates to policies, menu items and promotions.
Pros
Short shifts, set starting times, fun atmostphere
Cons
Execs make poor choices and are not very friendly.
Great team, bad management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 October 2016
Management was rude to employees. Coworkers worked together, creating a fun and positive work environment. A typical shift included seating guests, organizing front door, cleaning up, and running food. I learned about how to get work done fast while still doing good job.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
rude management
It was alright
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
I was a highschool student while working there my first real job. It was cool, it was fun nothing much I can say.. it was something long ago.. when I was working there..
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Stressful
boss was great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
great team work , great bosses, reasonable hours, clean and organized work yard, tools that were provided were clean and all in working condition
great work environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.