Red Robin Employee Reviews in Canada

Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, B.C.October 3, 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips
Fast Paced, Fun, Challenging Environment
Kitchen Manager/FOH Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 15, 2013
I loved the pace of this restaurant and the management opportunities. The training was incredible and the treatment of the staff was superior. I loved managing and the trust that the company had in me to make decisions and help the restaurant's success.
Pros
lots of management opportunity
Cons
low pay
i love working in sales and customer service
Hostess, busser and runner (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 30, 2013
working in Armani Exchange as an ECON-on line customer service- my day would start by checking emails regarding customers complains and responding making sure the right solution has been provided and there needs have been met, then prepare their order, charge them for the purchase and ship it out. As a sales person my job was to make sure the floor and the fitting room are kept clean and all customers have been helped.
At OLD River my day would start by checking the inventory of other stores and if short on a specific item I would ship to them to replenish their stock. Then help customers make sure they are being helped and finish the transactions. Then closing the store, counting the money , make deposit and fix any problem that might occur with the cash register

I belive that customers satisfaction and team work are the most important elements in a business. Also making sure that all the employees are happy and coming to the floor with a happy attitude is very impotent because when the employees work properly the business will function smoothly.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and happy. the hardest part of the job is some time when you get a grumpy customer, but I have learned to deal with them calmly and professonally. .
Pros
always on time
Cons
workaholic
Fun environment...enjoyed working there
Supervisor / Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 10, 2013
Good managment team and good co-workers...definately a fun place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if i lived in abbotsford still.
Very Dramatic and Young Staff
Hostess/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
Everyday is busy. The old management was a lot better. The people are all very young. Lots of drama. You don't get very many hours.
Pros
50% off food on shift.
Cons
management, pay, servers, hours
Good workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 21, 2013
Greeting guests, seating people, taking orders over the phone, taking reservations, setting up tables, assisted servers and managers.
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
very short hours
High to low stress
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2013
Stress levels vary which can be frustrating due to a lack of consistency in the workplace.
Fun workplace with amazing team members.
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2013
I had a great time working for Red Robin. The staff made me feel welcome and if I ever needed something there was no shortage of offers to help from other team members and management.

A typical shift was about 4 or 5 hours and was very fast paced which made time fly by.

The hardest part of the job was the odd time you would deal with unruly customers. The most enjoyable was working with friends.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks as a server
Excellent place to work
Assistant General Manager - Red Robin (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2012
Amazing team atmosphere
Gained valuble experience
Learn something new everyday
Excellent Benifits
Pros
excellent team