Red Robin Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 May 2017
Red Robin has very poor management and they are inconsistent in their requirements and instructions. I would not recommend this job to anyone, whether it is their first job or they have experience.
Pros
Free fries and drinks
Cons
Terrible management.
Very Fun
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2017
I highly enjoyed this job. Everyone had an upbeat personality and were very easy to befriend. It wasn't always busy and the guests were always so friendly.
Pros
Free Pop and Fries on Shift Breaks
Good active place to work
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2017
Red Robins had very little room for advancement and it felt as if my opinion didn't matter, But it was very fast paced and the days went by very fast. Half off all food for employees.
Pros
fast paced, half of all food.
Cons
Didn't work around my schedule.
Training Better than McDonalds
Assistant Kitchen Manager and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, BC28 March 2017
One thing I must say about working at Red Robin, is the extensive training they give their teams. If you take pride in what you do, they give you the proper training and skills to succeed, even beyond their doors, do the things they teach you apply. I personally think their training should be recognised as well as McDonald's training gets noticed.
Pros
Proper Training
Cons
Not enough team players
Fun place to work.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 March 2017
Benefits are not available until 6 months of employment. Scheduling is not great, but fairly flexible. Good kitchen staff. Good about further training.
Pros
Food discount.
Cons
Bad shifts
good company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
i have worked there for three years and there are lots of nice workers but the managers dont keep promises that they make. And sometimes they are very un organized
Pros
people are nice
Cons
never getting work
Productive and fun fast paced environment
Line Cook & Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2017
My first day working, ever was at their Broadway location when it was running while I was attending high school. They had an exceptionally professional and intriguing manager who always made it a joy to come to work. I hope he's doing well!
I would never recommend this place of work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2017
The management constantly went behind the staff's backs to talk about other employees as well as promise advancement and then tell other employees that it was a joke for fun. If it wasn't for the amazing other servers and FOH staff as well as the kitchen workers, I wouldn't have stayed there. In addition, they kept you far past your end times with little to no warning.
Pros
Half off meals on working days
Cons
Terrible management and long non-scheduled hours
Terrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 February 2017
This establishment is poorly run. There isn't enough equipment to do your job. The food often runs over 30 minutes sometimes well over an hour. The management is condescending. there is no sense of leadership. The employees are not happy.
Pros
50% off Select menu items
Cons
everything else
Fun work place with great people
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Red Robin was a great place to work i learned a lot from being there, from basic people skills to problem solving and developmental skills. a day at work usually contested of seating people planing reservations, cleaning and running food well of course helping my co-workers. Management at my specific restraint was rough dealing with favouritism, out bursts, and disrespect. not all mangers were this way however and the ones i mainly worked with were great; fun loving, understanding and helpful, they made work a place you wanted to be. the hardest part of my job was communication when it is busy you have to be at the top of you game but if not all workers are willing things would get difficult, we always fund a way through however. the best thing about this job was the people, the restraint was a big family and everyone helped looked out for and respected one another.
Pros
great hours and flexible schedules
Cons
bad location with risky clientele
great place to work among friends
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
Great place to work for students trying to ear some income while still in school.
not so great if you have core classes as this job requires at least 3 days
Pros
great place to earn income
Cons
force you to work 3 times per week
"Bottomless Fun" at Red Robin
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2017
Red Robin is a great company to work for in many ways. The schedule is very flexible and management is always going above and beyond to ensure employees have their needs met. I have learned how to be a part of a team and have been successful in cooperating with my co workers, guests and managers every day and sometimes in difficult or stressful situations. I love working with the great staff and management! However, there is not a lot of room for advancement within the company.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
Not many opportunities to move forward within the company
productive and fun workplace helpful team members
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Saturday was very typical because of weekend very busy day.i gained so much experience from it.management was good.the most enjoyabe par of job is our lunch time
Pros
free lunches
positive work environment
Duties- cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
I worked as a line cook cooking different kinds of dishes The work environment was great. Of course you had a few people that were trouble but they eventually left and everything got better..
Pros
free food
Cons
location
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
The restaurant business is always fast pace and go go go, but Red Robin was very busy most of the time and you need to be able to work under pressure and also perform good.
Fast paced work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Good place to start a career, and build fundamental skills for future jobs/ careers. Gained plenty of day-to-day skills not only needed for Red Robins specifically but in the real world also.
fast paced, good food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
punctual days and plenty there to keep everyone busy. great teamwork and staff members. A good positive work environment.
working as a team member
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
its a place to learn for fast paced environment.but its worst management,no responsible people around there.working as a part time.
Professional
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 December 2016
This job was one of my favorites. My manager at the time was so caring for his employees and was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed this job and was able to grow my skills and experience here. The managers were very supportive and encouraging.
Hard work often alone.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood7 November 2016
Most work as a dishwasher is fast paced and hard. Work is mostly done by yourself. Tasks included operating the dish washer and scrubbing dishes before they enter the washer.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Mostly working by yourslef

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.