Red Robin Employee Reviews

Good work if you have nowhere else to go.
Busser, Food Server, Host, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC23 May 2017
Red Robin, much like most large companies, holds profits above all else.
If you aren't working at peak efficiency at all times you will get an earful from management; it doesn't matter if you're sick with the flu, mourning the death of a loved one or are just tired after working a 6 hour shift without a break.
Most of my coworkers go without the legally required 30 minute paid break per 5 hour work block due to either the forgetfulness or greed of the managers; the fewer breaks being taken by employees leads to larger bonuses for the managers and most employees going without breaks won't even fight management about it.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers.
Cons
No solid hours, shifts could be cut short or be doubled on a moments notice.
energetic, fun, teamwork environment, with lots or laughs
Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 May 2017
My typical day was usually 5 hours longs with the closing shift, I learnt so much about the service industry through red robin, about food and drinks and customer service. There is a high turnover, with coworkers and management. I love that I got to go to work everyday and look forward to seeing all my coworkers and being excited for the shift.
Pros
discounted food, everyone got along.
Cons
low guest bills. (not an expensive restaurant)
Definitely a fun place to work, has its ups and downs
Waitress/Bartender/Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2017
The job can be sometimes stressful. It can be frustrating when it gets busy, and the pay is a little unfair, even after working there for a significant amount of time. I believe that they should also offer benefits to their employees, however this is not the case.
Pros
fun place, co workers
Cons
long hours, little pay
Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 May 2017
It was a fast paced work environment where by which I acquired many skills.
I served food and took orders from a variety of customers.
The management was good.
Great Place for Hard Workers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2017
While it tensions easily run high (as with any food service position) the management is keen to invest in employees who show up regularly and demonstrate an interest in improving.

Work/life balance can be worked out but only to the extent that you are still their investment, and naturally they expect a return. That being said, they are extremely attentive to the employee's needs with regard to improving the quality of their work, and the teamwork element is shared by all employees; front of house, kitchen, management, everyone is on the same page and shares the same goals. Not many restaurants can say the same.
Pros
Paid lunches, 10-min breaks, emphasis on teamwork
Cons
Accountability can be a touchy subject during peak hours
Horrible Work Experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 May 2017
Red Robin has very poor management and they are inconsistent in their requirements and instructions. I would not recommend this job to anyone, whether it is their first job or they have experience.
Pros
Free fries and drinks
Cons
Terrible management.
Very Fun
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2017
I highly enjoyed this job. Everyone had an upbeat personality and were very easy to befriend. It wasn't always busy and the guests were always so friendly.
Pros
Free Pop and Fries on Shift Breaks
Good active place to work
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2017
Red Robins had very little room for advancement and it felt as if my opinion didn't matter, But it was very fast paced and the days went by very fast. Half off all food for employees.
Pros
fast paced, half of all food.
Cons
Didn't work around my schedule.
Training Better than McDonalds
Assistant Kitchen Manager and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, BC28 March 2017
One thing I must say about working at Red Robin, is the extensive training they give their teams. If you take pride in what you do, they give you the proper training and skills to succeed, even beyond their doors, do the things they teach you apply. I personally think their training should be recognised as well as McDonald's training gets noticed.
Pros
Proper Training
Cons
Not enough team players
Fun place to work.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 March 2017
Benefits are not available until 6 months of employment. Scheduling is not great, but fairly flexible. Good kitchen staff. Good about further training.
Pros
Food discount.
Cons
Bad shifts
good company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
i have worked there for three years and there are lots of nice workers but the managers dont keep promises that they make. And sometimes they are very un organized
Pros
people are nice
Cons
never getting work
Productive and fun fast paced environment
Line Cook & Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2017
My first day working, ever was at their Broadway location when it was running while I was attending high school. They had an exceptionally professional and intriguing manager who always made it a joy to come to work. I hope he's doing well!
I would never recommend this place of work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2017
The management constantly went behind the staff's backs to talk about other employees as well as promise advancement and then tell other employees that it was a joke for fun. If it wasn't for the amazing other servers and FOH staff as well as the kitchen workers, I wouldn't have stayed there. In addition, they kept you far past your end times with little to no warning.
Pros
Half off meals on working days
Cons
Terrible management and long non-scheduled hours
Terrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 February 2017
This establishment is poorly run. There isn't enough equipment to do your job. The food often runs over 30 minutes sometimes well over an hour. The management is condescending. there is no sense of leadership. The employees are not happy.
Pros
50% off Select menu items
Cons
everything else
Fun work place with great people
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Red Robin was a great place to work i learned a lot from being there, from basic people skills to problem solving and developmental skills. a day at work usually contested of seating people planing reservations, cleaning and running food well of course helping my co-workers. Management at my specific restraint was rough dealing with favouritism, out bursts, and disrespect. not all mangers were this way however and the ones i mainly worked with were great; fun loving, understanding and helpful, they made work a place you wanted to be. the hardest part of my job was communication when it is busy you have to be at the top of you game but if not all workers are willing things would get difficult, we always fund a way through however. the best thing about this job was the people, the restraint was a big family and everyone helped looked out for and respected one another.
Pros
great hours and flexible schedules
Cons
bad location with risky clientele
great place to work among friends
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
Great place to work for students trying to ear some income while still in school.
not so great if you have core classes as this job requires at least 3 days
Pros
great place to earn income
Cons
force you to work 3 times per week
"Bottomless Fun" at Red Robin
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2017
Red Robin is a great company to work for in many ways. The schedule is very flexible and management is always going above and beyond to ensure employees have their needs met. I have learned how to be a part of a team and have been successful in cooperating with my co workers, guests and managers every day and sometimes in difficult or stressful situations. I love working with the great staff and management! However, there is not a lot of room for advancement within the company.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
Not many opportunities to move forward within the company
productive and fun workplace helpful team members
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Saturday was very typical because of weekend very busy day.i gained so much experience from it.management was good.the most enjoyabe par of job is our lunch time
Pros
free lunches
positive work environment
Duties- cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
I worked as a line cook cooking different kinds of dishes The work environment was great. Of course you had a few people that were trouble but they eventually left and everything got better..
Pros
free food
Cons
location
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
The restaurant business is always fast pace and go go go, but Red Robin was very busy most of the time and you need to be able to work under pressure and also perform good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval