Red Robin Employee Reviews

Very fun and busy work place.
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMay 31, 2016
a typical day at work at Red Robin usually results in running around making sure your guest receive everything they need and have a great overall experience. I've learned to have a lot of patience with the public with this job, and also how to multitask very quickly. You quickly learn to make lists in your head of what is next to do. Our management is great, as per usual there are off days, but they listen to our needs. I absolutely love all my co-workers. They always make the shifts fun and always lend a hand if need be to any one. The hardest part of my job is making sure that no matter how rude a customer is we always try and be as nice and considerate as we can and to try and make them as happy as they can be. The most enjoyable part of my job, is all the different conversations I have with the people I serve. You get to meet a lot of really cool people.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
split shifts
Good place to start your life
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2016
This job is basically the same thing of working at mcdonald. Working in the kitchen is hot, greasy, and foody. Since it is a gourmet restaurant, it's mandatory for the food to look picture perfect to give the server a good tip.

It gets really busy during the weekend and food production tends to pile up on top of each order and takes a while longer to make the order. It happens.
It was alright
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 7, 2016
I was a highschool student while working there my first real job. It was cool, it was fun nothing much I can say.. it was something long ago.. when I was working there..
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Stressful
Strong Teaching, Coaching
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 15, 2016
Vast majority of management training centered around development not of oneself but the staff below you.

Stress-Full Environment that is made great by those around you. Those that you train and those that trained you
Fun work environment, Awesome employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Red Robin was a fun place to work. In my eyes it was a stepping stone, somewhere to build on my customer service skills, and in that I succeeded to the point that I felt comfortable moving forward.
Co-workers were probably the best part of working there. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the new management and all the different requests from new managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was bartending, guest interactions, aswell as making a guest happy.
Pros
50% off
I was pleasantly surprised
Servet (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2016
Having been an industry girl for over 2 decades I am impressed by how much I have learned and how organized a restaurant that does this kind of volume can be.
Pros
A great support team
Interesting learning experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCFebruary 11, 2016
honestly, i enjoy my job; however, the management is incredibly favoring, those who make it into their "inner circle" seem to get special treatment and those who are not are all but shunned.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
biased managers
Typical Line Cook Job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCDecember 1, 2015
You show up, you cook, then you clean up. That's all this job really was. Easy to catch on bud during slow times it was difficult to keep busy. Wipe down something and make your self look busy otherwise you don't have anything else to do.
Pros
Reliable team
Cons
Poor work environment
LOVE working there!
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCFebruary 17, 2016
Great place to work! Great food, great people, and staff is like family. Reliable place to work and always the best times!!
Was fast paced busy place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 14, 2015
I worked night shifts there soon as i was to come on it was already busy so u just get on the line find out what staiton you were working and get to work.
Managers were alright there but always wanted to send people home soon as the rush died down.
co-workers were mixed alot were younger but i meet a few friends there i still talk to

Hardest part was working the dish area once or twice a week
Most enjoyable part my co-workers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not enough hours, hard getting home some nights when buses stoped
Alright place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCAugust 9, 2015
I enjoyed most of my time here and most of my coworkers. I had been working here when I got my current job and after working both for a couple months, the scheduling just wasn't working and the other job was a better opportunity and had more stable hours.
Cons
Split shifts, night shifts
Fast Paced Family
Shift Leader, Lead Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 2, 2015
Red Robin is a very fast paced environment with a Family aspect connected to it. Not only is it a family restaurant but co-workers become your family as well. Teamwork is essential to make it through the day; without teamwork nothing is possible. My favorite part of the job is being able to make someones day memorable for the rest of their life.
Pros
Good money, good people
Cons
Can be very stressful
Trainer, certified in all positions
Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2015
Long, management was an issue, but the co-workers were great. Food was good, positions and moving up occurred. Enjoyable training new employees in positions.
Pros
Half-off food, staff was full of conviviality
Cons
Terrible hours, terrible management
amazing company
Line cook, Prep cook, Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 18, 2015
best employer ive worked for in the food industry, highly focused on culture and training. this store in particlar was realy good, much better than the prince george location
Fun first job with other young people.
Host/ Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 7, 2014
It was my first job, working with people that were my own age in a social environment. Every day consisted of customer service, from seating, serving, preparing and completing dishes, cleaning, inventory. My co-workers and management were good, although I wouldn't have known any better at the time. The job itself was rather easy, it was the unstable hours at times, or sometimes unreliable co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees.
Not what I wanted
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCJune 20, 2015
Great Company when started in a cook/ dishwasher position years ago. With no previous experience you have a hard time to adapted as a manager.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours, lots of stress
Fun workplace with amazing team members.
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2013
I had a great time working for Red Robin. The staff made me feel welcome and if I ever needed something there was no shortage of offers to help from other team members and management.

A typical shift was about 4 or 5 hours and was very fast paced which made time fly by.

The hardest part of the job was the odd time you would deal with unruly customers. The most enjoyable was working with friends.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks as a server
Fun and getting to help people
hostess,busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2014
A typical day consisted of seeing plently of customers. What I had learned was that no matter how hard or stressful things are just smile. Managnebt was terriable. The co-workers were off and on fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone at once. The most enjoyable part was seeing everyone happy in the end.
Friendly productive teamwork-dependent workplace
Host/Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2014
Typical day at work: Meet, greet and seat guests quickly while engaging in conversation and making them feel welcome. Helped with general restaurant cleanliness and assisted the staff with prompt delivery of food to the guests.

What I learned: Time management skills, organizational skills, food safety, and how to work efficiently

Management/co-workers: Management is always right there working with the staff and ensuring things are going smoothly. They are understanding of personal issues and always happy to help.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly, everyone works well together.

Hardest part of the Job: Sometimes it's easy to forgot priorities when the restaurant gets busy and there is a lot to do.

Most enjoyable part: Working as an efficient team and carrying out conversations with the guests
Pros
great staff, friendly management, discount food
Cons
occasional short shifts
Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, B.C.October 3, 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips