Red Robin Employee Reviews

Very good first job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2017
I was a hostess there so I was only greeting/seating guests and informing them about or daily deals as well as our promotional menus. I was also in charge of cleaning/checking on the bathrooms every 15 minutes and answering all phone calls.
Pros
Always busy from Friday-Sunday and weekdays after 4pm
Cons
Not a flexible schedule.
great food and service
Hostess - Langley Red Robins (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2017
for the best family service and kid friendly restaurant join the staff at red robins in Langley there such a great team to work for I highly recommend applying
Pros
free food
Cons
cut shifta
terrible!!
line cook/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 October 2017
This place was awesome when I first started working there but then they got in a dirty general manager who was caught cheating on her husband by the other manager there. shes pathetic and all youll hear all day about her is her lack of her husband wanting her. Dont waste your time. And the regional manager will literally call you stupid to your km if you dont get things right away. We have all heard him
Pros
fries
Cons
negative work environment, dumb servers
Fun place to work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 October 2017
Typical day would be go in start on prep list, put away orders, and the start on prep. Have a meeting before open about plan for day, then back to prep, help out line cooks during rush if needed. Finish prep and clean up before going home. Always being tested on kitchen and safety knowledge. The hardest part of day is probably trying to finish your duties on time after helping others. The most enjoyable part of job was the hours fitting to my home life.
Pros
free fries and 50% discount. flexible hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 September 2017
From what I remember of my time with Red Robin it was a good place to work although I did tell them, that I had a mental challenge and couldn't work the cooking line during the fast paced times due to me, not being able to keep up at times and because of not being able to keep up they took me down to one four hour shift a week
Fun Environment
Food Prep/Cold Side Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
Red Robin is a great place to work at. It's fun, and the staff are friendly. If you love cooking and BBQ, this is the perfect job for you. The managers are really great and they do their best to accommodate all staff.
Pros
50% discount off meals, free drinks & bottomless sides
Cons
Long hours sometimes, sometimes cut hours
Good first job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 August 2017
I would clean tables, seat costumers, run food to tables and do general odd jobs. wages stayed the same but I received tips every shift. supportive team environment.
Pros
half off food
Cons
lots of walking and standing
fun
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC28 July 2017
a positive and family oriented environment where one was trained to be professional but also to be able to roll with the punches and deal with high stress situations.
Great and friendly place to work.
Host / Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2017
Red Robin was my first employer in Canada and this first job allowed me to improve my English while meeting a lot of great people.

I enjoyed the time I spent working there.
Pros
Discounted food
Fastpaced
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 July 2017
Always on your toes, have to remember all the recipes, has to work well with a team or by yourself. Multitasking is key, keeping everything clean makes its easier
Pros
50% off most meals
Fun workplace man
Server, Crew trainer, Host, Expo (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 June 2017
Great place to work. Fast paced, great food, even better co-workers. Always bottomless fun, team member fries so good in my tummy. best co- workers ever.
Fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Working at Red robin was very fun and made me happy, the food there is great and the staff I worked with was very friendly the tips are good and the hours were flexible
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Rude customers
OK first job
Host (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 June 2017
Busy environment, stressful at times like any restaurant. Management wasn't the best. Hard to get time off. LOTS of rude customers. Schedules were unreliable.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Unreliable schedules
Little respect for employees from management and head office
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC2 June 2017
Not much to say other than whats on the summary. They do not allow certain employees to grow in the company. Numerous times I tried to make it on as a line cook with little luck, being stuck in the dish pit for 2 and a half of my 3 years there.
Pros
Half off one meal a shift.
Cons
Low wage
Good work if you have nowhere else to go.
Busser, Food Server, Host, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC23 May 2017
Red Robin, much like most large companies, holds profits above all else.
If you aren't working at peak efficiency at all times you will get an earful from management; it doesn't matter if you're sick with the flu, mourning the death of a loved one or are just tired after working a 6 hour shift without a break.
Most of my coworkers go without the legally required 30 minute paid break per 5 hour work block due to either the forgetfulness or greed of the managers; the fewer breaks being taken by employees leads to larger bonuses for the managers and most employees going without breaks won't even fight management about it.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers.
Cons
No solid hours, shifts could be cut short or be doubled on a moments notice.
energetic, fun, teamwork environment, with lots or laughs
Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 May 2017
My typical day was usually 5 hours longs with the closing shift, I learnt so much about the service industry through red robin, about food and drinks and customer service. There is a high turnover, with coworkers and management. I love that I got to go to work everyday and look forward to seeing all my coworkers and being excited for the shift.
Pros
discounted food, everyone got along.
Cons
low guest bills. (not an expensive restaurant)
Definitely a fun place to work, has its ups and downs
Waitress/Bartender/Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2017
The job can be sometimes stressful. It can be frustrating when it gets busy, and the pay is a little unfair, even after working there for a significant amount of time. I believe that they should also offer benefits to their employees, however this is not the case.
Pros
fun place, co workers
Cons
long hours, little pay
Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 May 2017
It was a fast paced work environment where by which I acquired many skills.
I served food and took orders from a variety of customers.
The management was good.
Great Place for Hard Workers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2017
While it tensions easily run high (as with any food service position) the management is keen to invest in employees who show up regularly and demonstrate an interest in improving.

Work/life balance can be worked out but only to the extent that you are still their investment, and naturally they expect a return. That being said, they are extremely attentive to the employee's needs with regard to improving the quality of their work, and the teamwork element is shared by all employees; front of house, kitchen, management, everyone is on the same page and shares the same goals. Not many restaurants can say the same.
Pros
Paid lunches, 10-min breaks, emphasis on teamwork
Cons
Accountability can be a touchy subject during peak hours
Horrible Work Experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 May 2017
Red Robin has very poor management and they are inconsistent in their requirements and instructions. I would not recommend this job to anyone, whether it is their first job or they have experience.
Pros
Free fries and drinks
Cons
Terrible management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.