Red Robin Employee Reviews

Productive and fun fast paced environment
Line Cook & Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2017
My first day working, ever was at their Broadway location when it was running while I was attending high school. They had an exceptionally professional and intriguing manager who always made it a joy to come to work. I hope he's doing well!
I would never recommend this place of work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2017
The management constantly went behind the staff's backs to talk about other employees as well as promise advancement and then tell other employees that it was a joke for fun. If it wasn't for the amazing other servers and FOH staff as well as the kitchen workers, I wouldn't have stayed there. In addition, they kept you far past your end times with little to no warning.
Pros
Half off meals on working days
Cons
Terrible management and long non-scheduled hours
Terrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 February 2017
This establishment is poorly run. There isn't enough equipment to do your job. The food often runs over 30 minutes sometimes well over an hour. The management is condescending. there is no sense of leadership. The employees are not happy.
Pros
50% off Select menu items
Cons
everything else
Fun work place with great people
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Red Robin was a great place to work i learned a lot from being there, from basic people skills to problem solving and developmental skills. a day at work usually contested of seating people planing reservations, cleaning and running food well of course helping my co-workers. Management at my specific restraint was rough dealing with favouritism, out bursts, and disrespect. not all mangers were this way however and the ones i mainly worked with were great; fun loving, understanding and helpful, they made work a place you wanted to be. the hardest part of my job was communication when it is busy you have to be at the top of you game but if not all workers are willing things would get difficult, we always fund a way through however. the best thing about this job was the people, the restraint was a big family and everyone helped looked out for and respected one another.
Pros
great hours and flexible schedules
Cons
bad location with risky clientele
great place to work among friends
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
Great place to work for students trying to ear some income while still in school.
not so great if you have core classes as this job requires at least 3 days
Pros
great place to earn income
Cons
force you to work 3 times per week
productive and fun workplace helpful team members
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Saturday was very typical because of weekend very busy day.i gained so much experience from it.management was good.the most enjoyabe par of job is our lunch time
Pros
free lunches
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
The restaurant business is always fast pace and go go go, but Red Robin was very busy most of the time and you need to be able to work under pressure and also perform good.
fast paced, good food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
punctual days and plenty there to keep everyone busy. great teamwork and staff members. A good positive work environment.
Professional
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 December 2016
This job was one of my favorites. My manager at the time was so caring for his employees and was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed this job and was able to grow my skills and experience here. The managers were very supportive and encouraging.
fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2016
Ive loved working at Red robin i love the management but sometimes i think they dont really listen to the team members and they manly focus on the bad never really the good. I love all of my co workers they are the best.
Pros
meet so many great people
Cons
no one care
Family friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Good company to work for. Popular, so it is
often busy.Casual dress code, which is nice. Thorough training giving opportunities to those new to the industry. Also plenty of opportunity to move up within company.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Short shifts
Great team, bad management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 October 2016
Management was rude to employees. Coworkers worked together, creating a fun and positive work environment. A typical shift included seating guests, organizing front door, cleaning up, and running food. I learned about how to get work done fast while still doing good job.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
rude management
It was alright
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
I was a highschool student while working there my first real job. It was cool, it was fun nothing much I can say.. it was something long ago.. when I was working there..
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Stressful
Very fun and busy work place.
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 May 2016
a typical day at work at Red Robin usually results in running around making sure your guest receive everything they need and have a great overall experience. I've learned to have a lot of patience with the public with this job, and also how to multitask very quickly. You quickly learn to make lists in your head of what is next to do. Our management is great, as per usual there are off days, but they listen to our needs. I absolutely love all my co-workers. They always make the shifts fun and always lend a hand if need be to any one. The hardest part of my job is making sure that no matter how rude a customer is we always try and be as nice and considerate as we can and to try and make them as happy as they can be. The most enjoyable part of my job, is all the different conversations I have with the people I serve. You get to meet a lot of really cool people.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
split shifts
Strong Teaching, Coaching
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 May 2016
Vast majority of management training centered around development not of oneself but the staff below you.

Stress-Full Environment that is made great by those around you. Those that you train and those that trained you
I was pleasantly surprised
Servet (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 April 2016
Having been an industry girl for over 2 decades I am impressed by how much I have learned and how organized a restaurant that does this kind of volume can be.
Pros
A great support team
Good place to start your life
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
This job is basically the same thing of working at mcdonald. Working in the kitchen is hot, greasy, and foody. Since it is a gourmet restaurant, it's mandatory for the food to look picture perfect to give the server a good tip.

It gets really busy during the weekend and food production tends to pile up on top of each order and takes a while longer to make the order. It happens.
LOVE working there!
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2016
Great place to work! Great food, great people, and staff is like family. Reliable place to work and always the best times!!
Interesting learning experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2016
honestly, i enjoy my job; however, the management is incredibly favoring, those who make it into their "inner circle" seem to get special treatment and those who are not are all but shunned.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
biased managers
Fun work environment, Awesome employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Red Robin was a fun place to work. In my eyes it was a stepping stone, somewhere to build on my customer service skills, and in that I succeeded to the point that I felt comfortable moving forward.
Co-workers were probably the best part of working there. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the new management and all the different requests from new managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was bartending, guest interactions, aswell as making a guest happy.
Pros
50% off
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval