Red Robin

Red Robin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i love working in sales and customer service
Hostess, busser and runner (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 30, 2013
Pros: always on time
Cons: workaholic
working in Armani Exchange as an ECON-on line customer service- my day would start by checking emails regarding customers complains and responding making sure the right solution has been provided and there needs have been met, then prepare their order, charge them for the purchase and ship it out. As a sales person my job was to make sure the floor and the fitting room are kept clean and all customers have been helped.
At OLD River my day would start by checking the inventory of other stores and if short on a specific item I would ship to them to replenish their stock. Then help customers make sure they are being helped and finish the transactions. Then closing the store, counting the money , make deposit and fix any problem that might occur with the cash register

I belive that customers satisfaction and team work are the most important elements in a business. Also making sure that all the employees are happy and coming to the floor with a happy attitude is very impotent because when the employees work properly the business will function smoothly.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and happy. the hardest part of the job is some time when you get a grumpy customer, but I have learned to deal with them calmly and professonally. .
Friendly productive teamwork-dependent workplace
Host/Hospitality (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2014
Pros: great staff, friendly management, discount food
Cons: occasional short shifts
Typical day at work: Meet, greet and seat guests quickly while engaging in conversation and making them feel welcome. Helped with general restaurant cleanliness and assisted the staff with prompt delivery of food to the guests.

What I learned: Time management skills, organizational skills, food safety, and how to work efficiently

Management/co-workers: Management is always right there working with the staff and ensuring things are going smoothly. They are understanding of personal issues and always happy to help.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly, everyone works well together.

Hardest part of the Job: Sometimes it's easy to forgot priorities when the restaurant gets busy and there is a lot to do.

Most enjoyable part: Working as an efficient team and carrying out conversations with the guests
Was fast paced busy place
Line cook (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not enough hours, hard getting home some nights when buses stoped
I worked night shifts there soon as i was to come on it was already busy so u just get on the line find out what staiton you were working and get to work.
Managers were alright there but always wanted to send people home soon as the rush died down.
co-workers were mixed alot were younger but i meet a few friends there i still talk to

Hardest part was working the dish area once or twice a week
Most enjoyable part my co-workers
Fun workplace with amazing team members.
Server (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: no breaks as a server
I had a great time working for Red Robin. The staff made me feel welcome and if I ever needed something there was no shortage of offers to help from other team members and management.

A typical shift was about 4 or 5 hours and was very fast paced which made time fly by.

The hardest part of the job was the odd time you would deal with unruly customers. The most enjoyable was working with friends.
Fun work environment, Awesome employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: 50% off
Cons: Management
Red Robin was a fun place to work. In my eyes it was a stepping stone, somewhere to build on my customer service skills, and in that I succeeded to the point that I felt comfortable moving forward.
Co-workers were probably the best part of working there. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the new management and all the different requests from new managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was bartending, guest interactions, aswell as making a guest happy.
Fun first job with other young people.
Host/ Bus Boy (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 7, 2014
It was my first job, working with people that were my own age in a social environment. Every day consisted of customer service, from seating, serving, preparing and completing dishes, cleaning, inventory. My co-workers and management were good, although I wouldn't have known any better at the time. The job itself was rather easy, it was the unstable hours at times, or sometimes unreliable co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees.
Fast Paced Family
Shift Leader, Lead Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJune 2, 2015
Pros: Good money, good people
Cons: Can be very stressful
Red Robin is a very fast paced environment with a Family aspect connected to it. Not only is it a family restaurant but co-workers become your family as well. Teamwork is essential to make it through the day; without teamwork nothing is possible. My favorite part of the job is being able to make someones day memorable for the rest of their life.
Fun and getting to help people
hostess,busser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2014
A typical day consisted of seeing plently of customers. What I had learned was that no matter how hard or stressful things are just smile. Managnebt was terriable. The co-workers were off and on fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone at once. The most enjoyable part was seeing everyone happy in the end.
Typical Line Cook Job
Line cook (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Reliable team
Cons: Poor work environment
You show up, you cook, then you clean up. That's all this job really was. Easy to catch on bud during slow times it was difficult to keep busy. Wipe down something and make your self look busy otherwise you don't have anything else to do.
Fast Paced, Fun, Challenging Environment
Kitchen Manager/FOH Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: lots of management opportunity
Cons: low pay
I loved the pace of this restaurant and the management opportunities. The training was incredible and the treatment of the staff was superior. I loved managing and the trust that the company had in me to make decisions and help the restaurant's success.
Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee), Victoria, B.C.October 3, 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips
Alright place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 9, 2015
Cons: Split shifts, night shifts
I enjoyed most of my time here and most of my coworkers. I had been working here when I got my current job and after working both for a couple months, the scheduling just wasn't working and the other job was a better opportunity and had more stable hours.
N/A
Hostess / Expo (Former Employee), Abbotsford BCApril 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working at reds, my only few issues were you never had enough hours, and the pay rate is low. but its a great place to work, you make lot's of great people, and you just have fun while working there!
good work place
Line Cook (Former Employee), Maple Ridge BCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: 50% off food on shift
Cons: not organized management
good work place but i decided that cooking in the food industry wasn't my thing i want to get into the trades but i want to make some money so i can save for school.
Trainer, certified in all positions
Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2015
Pros: Half-off food, staff was full of conviviality
Cons: Terrible hours, terrible management
Long, management was an issue, but the co-workers were great. Food was good, positions and moving up occurred. Enjoyable training new employees in positions.
Not what I wanted
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Lower Mainland, BCJune 20, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours, lots of stress
Great Company when started in a cook/ dishwasher position years ago. With no previous experience you have a hard time to adapted as a manager.
Very Dramatic and Young Staff
Hostess/Expediter (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
Pros: 50% off food on shift.
Cons: management, pay, servers, hours
Everyday is busy. The old management was a lot better. The people are all very young. Lots of drama. You don't get very many hours.
amazing company
Line cook, Prep cook, Manager in training (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 18, 2015
best employer ive worked for in the food industry, highly focused on culture and training. this store in particlar was realy good, much better than the prince george location
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 11, 2014
A fast paced, busy family restaurant. Servers learn to work in a team as well as individually to ensure outstanding customer service during high volume peak hours.
Fun environment...enjoyed working there
Supervisor / Cook (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 10, 2013
Good managment team and good co-workers...definately a fun place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if i lived in abbotsford still.
Revenue