Red Robin Employee Reviews

fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 October 2016
Ive loved working at Red robin i love the management but sometimes i think they dont really listen to the team members and they manly focus on the bad never really the good. I love all of my co workers they are the best.
Pros
meet so many great people
Cons
no one care
Family friendly place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Good company to work for. Popular, so it is
often busy.Casual dress code, which is nice. Thorough training giving opportunities to those new to the industry. Also plenty of opportunity to move up within company.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Short shifts
Great team, bad management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 October 2016
Management was rude to employees. Coworkers worked together, creating a fun and positive work environment. A typical shift included seating guests, organizing front door, cleaning up, and running food. I learned about how to get work done fast while still doing good job.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
rude management
It was alright
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
I was a highschool student while working there my first real job. It was cool, it was fun nothing much I can say.. it was something long ago.. when I was working there..
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Stressful
Very fun and busy work place.
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 May 2016
a typical day at work at Red Robin usually results in running around making sure your guest receive everything they need and have a great overall experience. I've learned to have a lot of patience with the public with this job, and also how to multitask very quickly. You quickly learn to make lists in your head of what is next to do. Our management is great, as per usual there are off days, but they listen to our needs. I absolutely love all my co-workers. They always make the shifts fun and always lend a hand if need be to any one. The hardest part of my job is making sure that no matter how rude a customer is we always try and be as nice and considerate as we can and to try and make them as happy as they can be. The most enjoyable part of my job, is all the different conversations I have with the people I serve. You get to meet a lot of really cool people.
Pros
50% off food, tips
Cons
split shifts
Strong Teaching, Coaching
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 May 2016
Vast majority of management training centered around development not of oneself but the staff below you.

Stress-Full Environment that is made great by those around you. Those that you train and those that trained you
I was pleasantly surprised
Servet (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 April 2016
Having been an industry girl for over 2 decades I am impressed by how much I have learned and how organized a restaurant that does this kind of volume can be.
Pros
A great support team
Good place to start your life
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
This job is basically the same thing of working at mcdonald. Working in the kitchen is hot, greasy, and foody. Since it is a gourmet restaurant, it's mandatory for the food to look picture perfect to give the server a good tip.

It gets really busy during the weekend and food production tends to pile up on top of each order and takes a while longer to make the order. It happens.
LOVE working there!
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2016
Great place to work! Great food, great people, and staff is like family. Reliable place to work and always the best times!!
Interesting learning experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2016
honestly, i enjoy my job; however, the management is incredibly favoring, those who make it into their "inner circle" seem to get special treatment and those who are not are all but shunned.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
biased managers
Fun work environment, Awesome employees
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Red Robin was a fun place to work. In my eyes it was a stepping stone, somewhere to build on my customer service skills, and in that I succeeded to the point that I felt comfortable moving forward.
Co-workers were probably the best part of working there. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the new management and all the different requests from new managers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was bartending, guest interactions, aswell as making a guest happy.
Pros
50% off
Typical Line Cook Job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 December 2015
You show up, you cook, then you clean up. That's all this job really was. Easy to catch on bud during slow times it was difficult to keep busy. Wipe down something and make your self look busy otherwise you don't have anything else to do.
Pros
Reliable team
Cons
Poor work environment
Was fast paced busy place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 September 2015
I worked night shifts there soon as i was to come on it was already busy so u just get on the line find out what staiton you were working and get to work.
Managers were alright there but always wanted to send people home soon as the rush died down.
co-workers were mixed alot were younger but i meet a few friends there i still talk to

Hardest part was working the dish area once or twice a week
Most enjoyable part my co-workers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not enough hours, hard getting home some nights when buses stoped
amazing company
Line cook, Prep cook, Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 August 2015
best employer ive worked for in the food industry, highly focused on culture and training. this store in particlar was realy good, much better than the prince george location
Alright place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC9 August 2015
I enjoyed most of my time here and most of my coworkers. I had been working here when I got my current job and after working both for a couple months, the scheduling just wasn't working and the other job was a better opportunity and had more stable hours.
Cons
Split shifts, night shifts
Trainer, certified in all positions
Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2015
Long, management was an issue, but the co-workers were great. Food was good, positions and moving up occurred. Enjoyable training new employees in positions.
Pros
Half-off food, staff was full of conviviality
Cons
Terrible hours, terrible management
Not what I wanted
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC20 June 2015
Great Company when started in a cook/ dishwasher position years ago. With no previous experience you have a hard time to adapted as a manager.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours, lots of stress
Fast Paced Family
Shift Leader, Lead Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta2 June 2015
Red Robin is a very fast paced environment with a Family aspect connected to it. Not only is it a family restaurant but co-workers become your family as well. Teamwork is essential to make it through the day; without teamwork nothing is possible. My favorite part of the job is being able to make someones day memorable for the rest of their life.
Pros
Good money, good people
Cons
Can be very stressful
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2014
A fast paced, busy family restaurant. Servers learn to work in a team as well as individually to ensure outstanding customer service during high volume peak hours.
Great place to learn and company to work for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria bc14 August 2014
Met some great friends and was treated incredibly well by the company.