Red Robin Employee Reviews

An engaging workplace full of opportunities
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 February 2018
There is so much to learn on a daily basis ranging from 3 different kitchen stations, food prep, and leadership programs. Very informative staff and management on shift.

The workplace has potentially high standards for pressure and demands workplace synergy. The most difficult part of the job is training new staff to deal with high pressure scenarios.

Best part of this job was the opportunities for growth and the long-term staff & management.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
High turnover rate
Great
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 January 2018
Red Robin is a very fast paced environment and you learn very quickly. However, everyone is very eager to help each other out and work together. Shifts are constantly changing and it can be hard to get time off.
Fun environment to work
Line Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 January 2018
-Fun place to work
-Made me a better server when it comes to serving families
-The General Management is great
- my service became more personable to the guest in Red Robin.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of hour
looking for a job
Line cook and Waiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2018
good first job to have but now I am looking for a carrer job that will help me and my family out working at red robins is boring and overtime you started to get even more bored
fun place to learn how to make drinks
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2018
good place for entry level in cooking/bartending. The menu consists on mainly burgers with sides. if you like to push out 100 plus burgers a dinner service, this is a great alternative to mcdonalds
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
getting out late
good place to work
Line cook/dish washer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 December 2017
was a good place to work, there was room for advancement and benefits weren't to bad. was a good work environment. uniforms were supplied. and meals were half off on your shift.
Good people, bad management
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 December 2017
Most of my time there, in the location I was in, I was overworked and underpaid, more frequently than not I felt I was being taken advantage of. Once again, great people, bad management practices more than anything else.
Pros
Staff discounts on all meals, friendly environment
Cons
Late nights, long hours, too much overtime expected
Okay place, decent management. Fun co-workers
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2017
The staff at Red Robins is what made it a somewhat good experience, most of them were kind and silly and generally had their own distinguishable personality. However, the management usually ignored or delayed many problems and sometimes refused to change availability sheets even when given 2 weeks notice. They also sometimes changed availability for a person the day before unbeknownst to the employee, causing them to get written off.
Pros
Free food if you're a line cook. Fun co-workers
Cons
Stubborn management
Great management
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
I loved this job. I was able to make enough money to support myself and my kids as a single parent. The only down point would be the necessity to work evenings and weekends as it was hard to find a sitter for those hours.
Pros
great team mates
Cons
late hours hard to find a sitter
Very good first job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2017
I was a hostess there so I was only greeting/seating guests and informing them about or daily deals as well as our promotional menus. I was also in charge of cleaning/checking on the bathrooms every 15 minutes and answering all phone calls.
Pros
Always busy from Friday-Sunday and weekdays after 4pm
Cons
Not a flexible schedule.
great food and service
Hostess - Langley Red Robins (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2017
for the best family service and kid friendly restaurant join the staff at red robins in Langley there such a great team to work for I highly recommend applying
Pros
free food
Cons
cut shifta
terrible!!
line cook/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 October 2017
This place was awesome when I first started working there but then they got in a dirty general manager who was caught cheating on her husband by the other manager there. shes pathetic and all youll hear all day about her is her lack of her husband wanting her. Dont waste your time. And the regional manager will literally call you stupid to your km if you dont get things right away. We have all heard him
Pros
fries
Cons
negative work environment, dumb servers
Fun place to work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 October 2017
Typical day would be go in start on prep list, put away orders, and the start on prep. Have a meeting before open about plan for day, then back to prep, help out line cooks during rush if needed. Finish prep and clean up before going home. Always being tested on kitchen and safety knowledge. The hardest part of day is probably trying to finish your duties on time after helping others. The most enjoyable part of job was the hours fitting to my home life.
Pros
free fries and 50% discount. flexible hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 September 2017
From what I remember of my time with Red Robin it was a good place to work although I did tell them, that I had a mental challenge and couldn't work the cooking line during the fast paced times due to me, not being able to keep up at times and because of not being able to keep up they took me down to one four hour shift a week
Fun Environment
Food Prep/Cold Side Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
Red Robin is a great place to work at. It's fun, and the staff are friendly. If you love cooking and BBQ, this is the perfect job for you. The managers are really great and they do their best to accommodate all staff.
Pros
50% discount off meals, free drinks & bottomless sides
Cons
Long hours sometimes, sometimes cut hours
Good first job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 August 2017
I would clean tables, seat costumers, run food to tables and do general odd jobs. wages stayed the same but I received tips every shift. supportive team environment.
Pros
half off food
Cons
lots of walking and standing
fun
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC28 July 2017
a positive and family oriented environment where one was trained to be professional but also to be able to roll with the punches and deal with high stress situations.
Great and friendly place to work.
Host / Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2017
Red Robin was my first employer in Canada and this first job allowed me to improve my English while meeting a lot of great people.

I enjoyed the time I spent working there.
Pros
Discounted food
Fastpaced
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 July 2017
Always on your toes, have to remember all the recipes, has to work well with a team or by yourself. Multitasking is key, keeping everything clean makes its easier
Pros
50% off most meals
Fun workplace man
Server, Crew trainer, Host, Expo (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 June 2017
Great place to work. Fast paced, great food, even better co-workers. Always bottomless fun, team member fries so good in my tummy. best co- workers ever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.