Red Robin

Red Robin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn and company to work for.
Server (Former Employee), Victoria bcAugust 14, 2014
Met some great friends and was treated incredibly well by the company.
Fun first job with other young people.
Host/ Bus Boy (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 7, 2014
It was my first job, working with people that were my own age in a social environment. Every day consisted of customer service, from seating, serving, preparing and completing dishes, cleaning, inventory. My co-workers and management were good, although I wouldn't have known any better at the time. The job itself was rather easy, it was the unstable – more... hours at times, or sometimes unreliable co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other employees. – less
Fun and getting to help people
hostess,busser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2014
A typical day consisted of seeing plently of customers. What I had learned was that no matter how hard or stressful things are just smile. Managnebt was terriable. The co-workers were off and on fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone at once. The most enjoyable part was seeing everyone happy in the end.
N/A
Hostess / Expo (Former Employee), Abbotsford BCApril 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working at reds, my only few issues were you never had enough hours, and the pay rate is low. but its a great place to work, you make lot's of great people, and you just have fun while working there!
Friendly productive teamwork-dependent workplace
Host/Hospitality (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2014
Pros: great staff, friendly management, discount food
Cons: occasional short shifts
Typical day at work: Meet, greet and seat guests quickly while engaging in conversation and making them feel welcome. Helped with general restaurant cleanliness and assisted the staff with prompt delivery of food to the guests.

What I learned: Time management skills, organizational skills, food safety, and how to work efficiently

Management/co-workers: – more... Management is always right there working with the staff and ensuring things are going smoothly. They are understanding of personal issues and always happy to help.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly, everyone works well together.

Hardest part of the Job: Sometimes it's easy to forgot priorities when the restaurant gets busy and there is a lot to do.

Most enjoyable part: Working as an efficient team and carrying out conversations with the guests – less
good work place
Line Cook (Former Employee), Maple Ridge BCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: 50% off food on shift
Cons: not organized management
good work place but i decided that cooking in the food industry wasn't my thing i want to get into the trades but i want to make some money so i can save for school.
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: discounted food, good hours
Cons: management
It was fun working there and had a great work place which I felt very comfortable in.
Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee), Victoria, B.C.October 3, 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips
Fast Paced, Fun, Challenging Environment
Kitchen Manager/FOH Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: lots of management opportunity
Cons: low pay
I loved the pace of this restaurant and the management opportunities. The training was incredible and the treatment of the staff was superior. I loved managing and the trust that the company had in me to make decisions and help the restaurant's success.
i love working in sales and customer service
Hostess, busser and runner (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 30, 2013
Pros: always on time
Cons: workaholic
working in Armani Exchange as an ECON-on line customer service- my day would start by checking emails regarding customers complains and responding making sure the right solution has been provided and there needs have been met, then prepare their order, charge them for the purchase and ship it out. As a sales person my job was to make sure the floor – more... and the fitting room are kept clean and all customers have been helped.
At OLD River my day would start by checking the inventory of other stores and if short on a specific item I would ship to them to replenish their stock. Then help customers make sure they are being helped and finish the transactions. Then closing the store, counting the money , make deposit and fix any problem that might occur with the cash register

I belive that customers satisfaction and team work are the most important elements in a business. Also making sure that all the employees are happy and coming to the floor with a happy attitude is very impotent because when the employees work properly the business will function smoothly.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and happy. the hardest part of the job is some time when you get a grumpy customer, but I have learned to deal with them calmly and professonally. . – less
Fun environment...enjoyed working there
Supervisor / Cook (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 10, 2013
Good managment team and good co-workers...definately a fun place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if i lived in abbotsford still.
Very Dramatic and Young Staff
Hostess/Expediter (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
Pros: 50% off food on shift.
Cons: management, pay, servers, hours
Everyday is busy. The old management was a lot better. The people are all very young. Lots of drama. You don't get very many hours.
Good workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 21, 2013
Pros: 50% off meal
Cons: very short hours
Greeting guests, seating people, taking orders over the phone, taking reservations, setting up tables, assisted servers and managers.
High to low stress
Bartender (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2013
Stress levels vary which can be frustrating due to a lack of consistency in the workplace.
Fun workplace with amazing team members.
Server (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: no breaks as a server
I had a great time working for Red Robin. The staff made me feel welcome and if I ever needed something there was no shortage of offers to help from other team members and management.

A typical shift was about 4 or 5 hours and was very fast paced which made time fly by.

The hardest part of the job was the odd time you would deal with unruly customers. – more... The most enjoyable was working with friends. – less
Excellent place to work
Assistant General Manager - Red Robin (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2012
Pros: excellent team
Amazing team atmosphere
Gained valuble experience
Learn something new everyday
Excellent Benifits
good burgers
server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2014
Lots of nice people. Sometimes understaffed. Has changed a lot since the new CEO started.
very unorganized
Line Cook (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJAugust 30, 2014
Prepared food according to food handler’s guidelines. Knowledge of cooking procedures. Communicate with prep cooks and wait staff. Knowledge of kitchen equipment. Labeled and dated all food stored and rotated food as needed. Able to lift 50lbs. Follow opening and closing procedures. Work in a high pace and hot environment. Multi-task and stand and walk – more... for long periods of time. Kept a clean, stocked, and tidy workspace. Be able to self-motivate in work environment. – less
Fast paced work environment
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, fun work environment
Cons: no set schedule, all different hours must be worked
Always busy which is great, learned a lot about customer service but, realized the restaurant industry isn't for me.
fun family place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee), Homestead, PAAugust 28, 2014
The setting is family oriented and the team members are great

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Robin

Red Robin International, Inc. was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. – Read more

Red Robin Photos