Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work atmosphere, freedom to be creative.
Research & Develepment Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 21, 2014
Pros: family lunch
Cons: not a lot of job opportunities, job did not last that long.
The whole experience was great. CEO, CFO, and many executives took their time of day to learn about you as a person so that you feel comfortable as an employee.
fun place to work. good team members. poor management
Server/Bar Tender (Current Employee), Newark CaMay 20, 2014
the team member are fun and very helpful towards each other. Management is constantly changing so it can be difficult getting comfortable with a certain manager.
Good place to work with tasty burgers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Manassas, VAMay 17, 2014
Pros: free food, good benefits, friendly staff
Cons: long hours, high stress
Two out of the three possible shifts to get scheduled for as a manager are 12 hours on average, the third is at 9/10, so having an active outside of work life is hard. But I've learned a lot about scheduling, especially performance based scheduling for staff, inventory skills, and management skills that will be useful no matter where I go. I love most – more... of the people I work with. The hardest part of the job is probably the times when problems with a guests food arise, food is a very sensitive industry to work in and a lot of situations have to be handled carefully. Overall the company is a good one and the benefits and pay and opportunity for moving up the chain of command and becoming a GM are good. – less
A decent summer job
Hostess, Food Expediter (Former Employee), Short Pump, VAMay 17, 2014
Pros: convenient summer job
Cons: not the greatest management, the hours were too short
I worked this job over the summer of 2012. Management wasn't the greatest, some good coworkers. Taught me people skills, how to expedite food, time management, and much more.
Very poor management
server (Former Employee), durham ncMay 12, 2014
I applied to be a server but they hired me to be a hostess saying i would be promoted fast. It took almost a year even though I had serving experience because they just kept hiring more and more people. They set almost impossible goals for a certain number of appetizers or drinks to sell and if you don't reach them one week, prepare for it to show in – more... the next weeks lack of shifts. The managers definitely play favorites even though the managers change out every month almost. I've been there longer than most of the managers. No appreciation no matter how hard you try. Some days you might go in for not even 2 hours and some days they will literally make you work 9 even 10 hours with no break. It wouldn't be so bad if the management wasn't so incompetent and uncaring. I never call out from work but one day when I had a fever of 101 and couldn't even get out of bed I called to explain that I was too sick to work and they were very rude and said I would still get in trouble if I didn't get my shift covered. I'm sure not all Red Robin's are this bad but if you are looking for somewhere where you won't make much money and will be completely run down both physically and mentally then the Durham Red Robin is the perfect place for you. – less
OK
Line Cook (Former Employee), Burlington, WAMay 12, 2014
If you want to punch in and punch out on time, find another job. Other than that, it's fine. The managers are fun, but can be down-to-business when they need to be. It's very detail-oriented work. The people are great too! I got along with everyone there. Every person was friendly and fun!
Fun, exciting work environment
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2014
Pros: 50% discount, flexible work hours.
Cons: unstable income, working on holidays
A typical night shift at Red Robin can start anywhere between 4:00pm and 5:30pm. When a server's shift begins at 4:00 pm, he/she checks to ensure that all items are stocked and prepared for the evening shift. This includes ice, straws, lemons, limes, dressings, sanitizer buckets, and more. The host seats the server with guests. The server gathers drinks – more... then inputs appetizer and entree orders. The server must maintain table cleanliness and keep an eye on drink levels. If the drink level become too low, another drink is made by the server and brought to the table. This happens repeatedly throughout the shift and the server must juggle multiple tables, each with their own specific needs, until the peak has been reach and business slows significantly. Once business has reached it low point of the evening, servers are phased out, meaning they are no longer taking tables, and are to do their daily assigned cleaning and stocking duties. Onec all tables have been cashed out by their server, the server runs a report to see how much of the money received, belongs to the store. Credit card tips are input prior to running the report and are deducted appropriately. Once all assigned duties are completed, the report and the money are double checked by the manager on duty for accuracy. – less
Accelerated, smooth work environment.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, management, co-workers.
Cons: short breaks, long hours.
Starting a shift I ask coworkers if food supplies need to be stocked for the upcoming rush. Once all foods are stocked I proceed to cook, clean, and interact with co-workers in order to achieve our goal.

I learned to speak my mind and give ideas of my own to produce a better work environment and easier process in cooking and cleaning. I also learned – more... communication is key not only in the cooking industry but in almost every job title.

Each manager has their own skills when it comes to working in the kitchen or outside the kitchen. We are kept in line and are required to follow all the rules.

I get along really well with all my co-workers. We laugh and discuss various topic while still working to our potential.

The hardest part of the job is making sure every cook, server, and expo are on the same page when it comes to selling the right food to the right tables.Sometimes communication can become jumbled and lost in a highly intense environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. Without them the job would truly feel as if it were dragging on. – less
fun place to work for. The company is amazing
Server (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 7, 2014
This company has been nothing but good to me and I've enjoyed every moment working there.
Encouraging environment with team work ethics
Waitress/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsMay 7, 2014
Pros: great tips, nice hours
Cons: hours depend on drink and dessert sales
Customer service is the number one skill that is learned working here. The management team does everything to benefit both the guests and the staff as well.
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 7, 2014
Red Robin believes in people first. Cross trains and promotes within.
cool place
Server (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: half off burgers, salad or select entrees
Cons: limtited to no breaks
co workers were awesome when doing work. not saying i was perfect but a decent place to work at. a bunch of love in atmoshpere
fun workplace
Hospitality/ Waitress (Former Employee), Cranberry Twp., PAMay 6, 2014
• Hospitality and management of preparation for customers entering and exiting
• Serving Customers in a timely efficient manner
• Helped on kitchen line getting food out in a timely and efficient manner
Poor
Cook (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2014
This place worked people out the door and then worked the others harder and harder. At one point, I was the only dishwasher, line cook and food prep cook for a four hour shift during lunch hours. Working three positions is ridiculous. I'm happy that I left
It's a job.
Heart of House Team Member (Current Employee), 180th and CenterMay 2, 2014
Poor planning on the part of the managers. Hours are not balanced.
Fun staff, great food
Server (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, flexible schedule
Cons: grumpy guests
Serving is certainly not an easy job, but Red Robin has a variety of employees and customers that make the workday enjoyable and gratifying.
Good place to work with low pay
Cook/Chef (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 28, 2014
Low wages and strict labor rules to make sure your hours stay low. Sending people home early. Expecting too much.
fun workplace and great people
Server (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 26, 2014
The food is amazing. The people are awesome to work with. There is always someone new you meet every day. Something new to learn every day.
Flexible work schedule
Mid-Manager/Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoApril 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficult to move up in the company
Great position for working through college. Difficult to move up in the company.
Ok place
Sales Support (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2014
Keeps you busy. Fun environment to work in. Can be busy at times, which leads to stressful shifts.

About Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Red Robin International, Inc. was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. – Read more

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Photos