Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Hostess / Expo (Former Employee), Abbotsford BCApril 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working at reds, my only few issues were you never had enough hours, and the pay rate is low. but its a great place to work, you make lot's of great people, and you just have fun while working there!
Friendly productive teamwork-dependent workplace
Host/Hospitality (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2014
Pros: great staff, friendly management, discount food
Cons: occasional short shifts
Typical day at work: Meet, greet and seat guests quickly while engaging in conversation and making them feel welcome. Helped with general restaurant cleanliness and assisted the staff with prompt delivery of food to the guests.

What I learned: Time management skills, organizational skills, food safety, and how to work efficiently

Management/co-workers: – more... Management is always right there working with the staff and ensuring things are going smoothly. They are understanding of personal issues and always happy to help.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly, everyone works well together.

Hardest part of the Job: Sometimes it's easy to forgot priorities when the restaurant gets busy and there is a lot to do.

Most enjoyable part: Working as an efficient team and carrying out conversations with the guests – less
good work place
Line Cook (Former Employee), Maple Ridge BCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: 50% off food on shift
Cons: not organized management
good work place but i decided that cooking in the food industry wasn't my thing i want to get into the trades but i want to make some money so i can save for school.
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: discounted food, good hours
Cons: management
It was fun working there and had a great work place which I felt very comfortable in.
Burgers and fries.
Server (Current Employee), Victoria, B.C.October 3, 2013
- good training program for people who have never served before
- management is nice but no one is held accountable for errors
- co-workers are like an extended family
- hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests
- most enjoyable part of the job is the tips
Fast Paced, Fun, Challenging Environment
Kitchen Manager/FOH Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 15, 2013
Pros: lots of management opportunity
Cons: low pay
I loved the pace of this restaurant and the management opportunities. The training was incredible and the treatment of the staff was superior. I loved managing and the trust that the company had in me to make decisions and help the restaurant's success.
i love working in sales and customer service
Hostess, busser and runner (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 30, 2013
Pros: always on time
Cons: workaholic
working in Armani Exchange as an ECON-on line customer service- my day would start by checking emails regarding customers complains and responding making sure the right solution has been provided and there needs have been met, then prepare their order, charge them for the purchase and ship it out. As a sales person my job was to make sure the floor – more... and the fitting room are kept clean and all customers have been helped.
At OLD River my day would start by checking the inventory of other stores and if short on a specific item I would ship to them to replenish their stock. Then help customers make sure they are being helped and finish the transactions. Then closing the store, counting the money , make deposit and fix any problem that might occur with the cash register

I belive that customers satisfaction and team work are the most important elements in a business. Also making sure that all the employees are happy and coming to the floor with a happy attitude is very impotent because when the employees work properly the business will function smoothly.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and happy. the hardest part of the job is some time when you get a grumpy customer, but I have learned to deal with them calmly and professonally. . – less
Fun environment...enjoyed working there
Supervisor / Cook (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 10, 2013
Good managment team and good co-workers...definately a fun place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if i lived in abbotsford still.
Good workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 21, 2013
Pros: 50% off meal
Cons: very short hours
Greeting guests, seating people, taking orders over the phone, taking reservations, setting up tables, assisted servers and managers.
High to low stress
Bartender (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2013
Stress levels vary which can be frustrating due to a lack of consistency in the workplace.
Fun workplace with amazing team members.
Server (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: no breaks as a server
I had a great time working for Red Robin. The staff made me feel welcome and if I ever needed something there was no shortage of offers to help from other team members and management.

A typical shift was about 4 or 5 hours and was very fast paced which made time fly by.

The hardest part of the job was the odd time you would deal with unruly customers. – more... The most enjoyable was working with friends. – less
Excellent place to work
Assistant General Manager - Red Robin (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 23, 2012
Pros: excellent team
Amazing team atmosphere
Gained valuble experience
Learn something new everyday
Excellent Benifits
Fun quick paced work enviroment
Server/Busser/Line Cook/ Greeter (Former Employee), Deer Park, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good pay
Cons: n/a
On a daily basis I was responsible for preparing the food and making sure that it got out to the servers. I was also responsible with my other coworkers in the kitchen to keep the workstation clean and ready for when the next rush of customers. It was a great work atmosphere to be in. The managment was great and really helpful. If there was something – more... I was having difficulty with or didnt understand all I had to do was ask for further help or instructions and I got it. The hardest part of the job was just keeping up with the quick pace. It got easier the longer I worked there but it was a little overwhelming at times. – less
A fun and exciting workplace
Hospitality (Former Employee), Tampa FlJuly 19, 2014
As a Hostess it was my responsibility to welcome all guests, show them to their tables, and help with drink orders. Other tasks I was responsible for was answering phone calls, making reservations, and setting up for parties.
Fun loving Enviroment
Server (Current Employee), sanford, flJuly 17, 2014
management very helpful with the needs of their employees and welcomes a good time while at work
Great food, but hate working there
Hostess (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 17, 2014
I was a hostess and I hated how the servers would always come up and argue about how this guest didn't get seated at their tables like sorry we tried putting them there but they didn't want to sit there!! Employees were rude and hours and pays sucked!!!
Bad Management
dishwasher (Current Employee), montgomery, alJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free burger for lunch
Cons: unfair mangement
great fellow employees who make you enjoy coming to work
the best part is free employee meal and pay rate
management sucks no communication at all
the hardest part of job is coming to work for only 4 hours
Fast paced work environment
SERVER (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: 50% off employee meals
Cons: short or no breaks on weekends
Wait on tables and make sure guests are completely satisfied
Exciting, fun, and productive work place
CDT, Server, Host, Busser (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 14, 2014
Pros: instant gradification (tips)
Cons: also the instant gradification; in that you need to be smart with your money.
Even though you do the same steps every shift; each table is different with it's own unique challenges and benefits. The face to face customer interaction and having the outcome relying almost entirely on how well you do your job was exciting for me. For instance if you're on top of your stuff then the tips would usually reflect that so the instant – more... gratification was a plus. Getting to know your regulars and developing a relationship with them was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. That job will always be special to me because of the life long friends I made of my co-workers. The hardest part was also the most exciting part; when you would get big groups that knew what they wanted, how they wanted it and were in a hurry; that really separated the CDT's from the other servers. Red Robin was an amazing company to work for and I take pride in the time I spent there. – less
Fun culture, but still a hard job.
Server (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNJuly 12, 2014
Pros: discounted food, fun co-workers.
Cons: under appreciated.
As much as the leadership tries to make Red Robin a fun place to work, it is still a restaurant. Serving is hard work, and servers aren't generally treated (or compensated) well. That being said, it was a very tolerable job while looking for better opportunity.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Red Robin International, Inc. was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. – Read more

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Photos