Red River College Employee Reviews

Good experience for students
Research Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2017
Working as a student research clerk, I would say that my experience was very enriching and fulfilling. We had the chance to work flexible hours at home and on-campus which was great for receiving feedback about our work.
Pros
Good experience, great learning opportunity
Cons
short-term
A growing college, with great opportunities for staff and students.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2017
A temporary position allowing me to learn a new payroll system, meet great co-workers and participate in a dynamic department. Attention to detail, running reports and processing month-end third party pay.
assisting students
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 September 2017
providing academic, personal and financial supports to low income students who understand normal circumstances would not have a chance at post secondary success.
Pros
good staff
Cons
lack of funding
Great environment and respectful students
Staff Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2017
Red River is a great place to work. The students there are always trying their hardest to succeed. Some need a little bit of extra help once in a and that's where I come in.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Few hours
productive and fun to work at
Assistant Supervisor / General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2017
a typical day at work is manage staff assign duties and clean college with ride-on equipment.
what I learned was how to use ride-on sweepers and ride-on washers and other cleaning equipment
a good place to work people and other staff were good to me and also did not see other staff maybe every other month
the hardest part of the job was teaching new staff how to use new equipment and teaching them the area where they will be working it was usually several days for them to get used to
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with ride-on machines and working alone
Pros
working grave yard shift
Cons
working grave yard shift
Great Job
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2017
I love working for Red River College. The pay is great and the people are great to work for. The atmosphere is very friendly and energetic. The only downfall is this is a part time job and I only work once a month.
Pros
Free lunches, great atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Very informative training
QA/ QC Trainee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2017
Listen and learn to instructors and participate and complete all projects assigned.
In my time here, I learned a great deal about time management as there were a lot of assignment to complete in a short period of time.
Productive, and a good space to job
Peer Tutor Programming1 (Java) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2017
My job in RRC is like a self employee, I am peer tutoring in programming1 (java), helping the students better understanding the content teach in class.
it's ok
Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2017
I was a student at red river. I was taking a machining course but it wasn't for me so I have changes paths and am currently looking for employment. That is all.
needs work
Men's head coach of college soccer team (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
The lead of the athletic department was never really in tune with his athletes. It was more about his growth career wise then it was about the programs and sporting events getting better. As a specialized job the pay was not congruent to what was needed for athletes at the college and the facilities and equipment are far outdated. Red river has the student base and technology to be a front runner in academics and athletics but puts very little value in growing at this point.
Rrcc
Administrative Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Notre-Dame, NB2 November 2016
This is where I obtained my education, so technically not a job. However I was impressed with the course content and many of the teachers. The lower scores for Salary/Job culture are based on my limited knowledge of those. RRCC has a good reputation though and I'm confident they treat their employees well.
I am pleased to reccomend anyone to join this place of learning.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2016
An excellent place of learning, and is one of Manitoba's largest institutes.one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
A place to build skills and abilities in a nurturing environment, to create changee to post secondary education
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2016
This College is one of Canada's best for supporting research personal development and enabling and encouraging the career paths of employees
Pros
gateway to bachelor and masters programs
Cons
salary cap
Great Organization
Instructor/Curriculum Designer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Canada30 January 2016
Have spent my entire career teaching at Red River. Love the students, the staff and especially the work. I have instructed and designed courses in Human Resources Management for both Distance and Continuing Education.
Pros
Flexibility, Autonomy
Cons
Part time, no benefits
Wonderful educational facility and staff
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2015
Leader in educational services in Manitoba. Staff are great to work with, and all provide a feeling of team work in providing several sources of educational requirements.
An interesting place.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba12 October 2015
The work would start, at about 06:30 or 18:30. Depending on shift.
It was basically review the previous shifts activity. At the end of shift, you would let the on coming shift know of any issues or activity.
As a casual there is little room to move. Lots of hours. But theses hours drop off.
Management, was some what friendly. But they where always looking for ways to make life a bit harder for employees.
Pros
Possible cheaper education
Cons
Little or no advancement for a casual.
Large Campus Staff Felt Like Close Family
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2015
Security Services never closed - we were on duty 24/7. We rotated 12 hour shifts with two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. The officers on our teams were our brothers/sisters. The college staff were happy to see us and often sought us out for advice and help.
When I left, there was a large shift in management happening, but everyone seemed to take it in stride. Management was always easy to approach and open to suggestions.
The hardest part of the job was having to investigate staff and act like nothing was happening.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the staff and students - when someone needed a vehicle boosted, when we helped someone locate a lost item, when we could mediate a dispute to the satisfaction of all involved - those were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
We could bank our stat (Federal) holidays to use with vacation; sick time; excellent benefits
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts were hard
Great working culture
Staff Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg24 January 2015
Great working culture and lively environment for both students and teachers.
Good College
Student (Current Employee) –  exchange district, winnipeg, manitoba14 December 2014
- in depth course on electrical engineering
- workshop course very insightful and enjoyable as regards electrical installation
- tutors very accommodating and helpul
Pros
some courses are hard especially if you have no prior university experience
Cons
high earning potential upon completion
Learned lot of new skills
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2014
This job was really helpful to built up my confidence regarding training others and increasing my communication skills.
Now, i am able to talk freely and friendly to people whom i am unaware.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4