Red River College Employee Reviews

Very informative training
QA/ QC Trainee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2017
Listen and learn to instructors and participate and complete all projects assigned.
In my time here, I learned a great deal about time management as there were a lot of assignment to complete in a short period of time.
Productive, and a good space to job
Peer Tutor Programming1 (Java) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2017
My job in RRC is like a self employee, I am peer tutoring in programming1 (java), helping the students better understanding the content teach in class.
it's ok
Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2017
I was a student at red river. I was taking a machining course but it wasn't for me so I have changes paths and am currently looking for employment. That is all.
needs work
Men's head coach of college soccer team (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
The lead of the athletic department was never really in tune with his athletes. It was more about his growth career wise then it was about the programs and sporting events getting better. As a specialized job the pay was not congruent to what was needed for athletes at the college and the facilities and equipment are far outdated. Red river has the student base and technology to be a front runner in academics and athletics but puts very little value in growing at this point.
Rrcc
Administrative Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Notre-Dame, NB2 November 2016
This is where I obtained my education, so technically not a job. However I was impressed with the course content and many of the teachers. The lower scores for Salary/Job culture are based on my limited knowledge of those. RRCC has a good reputation though and I'm confident they treat their employees well.
I am pleased to reccomend anyone to join this place of learning.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2016
An excellent place of learning, and is one of Manitoba's largest institutes.one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
A place to build skills and abilities in a nurturing environment, to create changee to post secondary education
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2016
This College is one of Canada's best for supporting research personal development and enabling and encouraging the career paths of employees
Pros
gateway to bachelor and masters programs
Cons
salary cap
Great Organization
Instructor/Curriculum Designer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Canada30 January 2016
Have spent my entire career teaching at Red River. Love the students, the staff and especially the work. I have instructed and designed courses in Human Resources Management for both Distance and Continuing Education.
Pros
Flexibility, Autonomy
Cons
Part time, no benefits
Wonderful educational facility and staff
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2015
Leader in educational services in Manitoba. Staff are great to work with, and all provide a feeling of team work in providing several sources of educational requirements.
An interesting place.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba12 October 2015
The work would start, at about 06:30 or 18:30. Depending on shift.
It was basically review the previous shifts activity. At the end of shift, you would let the on coming shift know of any issues or activity.
As a casual there is little room to move. Lots of hours. But theses hours drop off.
Management, was some what friendly. But they where always looking for ways to make life a bit harder for employees.
Pros
Possible cheaper education
Cons
Little or no advancement for a casual.
Large Campus Staff Felt Like Close Family
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2015
Security Services never closed - we were on duty 24/7. We rotated 12 hour shifts with two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. The officers on our teams were our brothers/sisters. The college staff were happy to see us and often sought us out for advice and help.
When I left, there was a large shift in management happening, but everyone seemed to take it in stride. Management was always easy to approach and open to suggestions.
The hardest part of the job was having to investigate staff and act like nothing was happening.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the staff and students - when someone needed a vehicle boosted, when we helped someone locate a lost item, when we could mediate a dispute to the satisfaction of all involved - those were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
We could bank our stat (Federal) holidays to use with vacation; sick time; excellent benefits
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts were hard
Great working culture
Staff Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg24 January 2015
Great working culture and lively environment for both students and teachers.
Good College
Student (Current Employee) –  exchange district, winnipeg, manitoba14 December 2014
- in depth course on electrical engineering
- workshop course very insightful and enjoyable as regards electrical installation
- tutors very accommodating and helpul
Pros
some courses are hard especially if you have no prior university experience
Cons
high earning potential upon completion
Learned lot of new skills
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2014
This job was really helpful to built up my confidence regarding training others and increasing my communication skills.
Now, i am able to talk freely and friendly to people whom i am unaware.
Instruct Regiaonal and Blobal Cuisine
Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba Canada7 May 2014
Open for lunch covering all cooking methods and demonstrating various meat cutting techniques as well as fresh pasta, pizza dough, Naan breads, Theoretical class at end of day to cover what we were instructing on a daily basis
Pros
Exhibition style cooking
Cons
none really
With a focus to improving people's lives through education, all employees go the extra mile to get the job done with high levels of quality.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg25 March 2014
The complexity and variety of work required on a daily basis makes working at RRC both rewarding and challenging. The quality and commitment of co-workers enhance the rewards.
Pros
Flexible work schedules and management support.
Cons
Potential for working long hours depending on level of commitment.
Productive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2013
• Tutored students by providing steps and tips to assist them in solving problems in Managerial Accounting, and Financial Accounting
• Explained accounting topics to other students in a way that they could understand and fully process the material being taught
• Pays strong attention to detail which assists in accurate and precise decision making
layout school classes for the day and wk
Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pine Falls, MB3 May 2013
I teach electrical to aboriginal people in pre-employment course and also intro to trade program, I have been doing electrical for companies and for myself,but I want to learn more in different field of work,
Amazing place!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2013
Wonderful projects, amazing exposure, friendly staff. I have been working with Applied Research Dept. on National Research Council's project. Amazing working environment!
Happy to be part of the team
Sports & Gym Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2013
Good place to work at and happy to be part of the team. Managing different circumstances, problem solving, analytical thinking, initiatives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4