Red River College Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Organization
Instructor/Curriculum Designer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, CanadaJanuary 30, 2016
Have spent my entire career teaching at Red River. Love the students, the staff and especially the work. I have instructed and designed courses in Human Resources Management for both Distance and Continuing Education.
Pros
Flexibility, Autonomy
Cons
Part time, no benefits
Wonderful educational facility and staff
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 26, 2015
Leader in educational services in Manitoba. Staff are great to work with, and all provide a feeling of team work in providing several sources of educational requirements.
An interesting place.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg ManitobaOctober 12, 2015
The work would start, at about 06:30 or 18:30. Depending on shift.
It was basically review the previous shifts activity. At the end of shift, you would let the on coming shift know of any issues or activity.
As a casual there is little room to move. Lots of hours. But theses hours drop off.
Management, was some what friendly. But they where always looking for ways to make life a bit harder for employees.
Pros
Possible cheaper education
Cons
Little or no advancement for a casual.
Large Campus Staff Felt Like Close Family
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 11, 2015
Security Services never closed - we were on duty 24/7. We rotated 12 hour shifts with two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. The officers on our teams were our brothers/sisters. The college staff were happy to see us and often sought us out for advice and help.
When I left, there was a large shift in management happening, but everyone seemed to take it in stride. Management was always easy to approach and open to suggestions.
The hardest part of the job was having to investigate staff and act like nothing was happening.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the staff and students - when someone needed a vehicle boosted, when we helped someone locate a lost item, when we could mediate a dispute to the satisfaction of all involved - those were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
We could bank our stat (Federal) holidays to use with vacation; sick time; excellent benefits
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts were hard
Great working culture
Staff Tutor (Current Employee) –  WinnipegJanuary 24, 2015
Great working culture and lively environment for both students and teachers.
Good College
Student (Current Employee) –  exchange district, winnipeg, manitobaDecember 14, 2014
- in depth course on electrical engineering
- workshop course very insightful and enjoyable as regards electrical installation
- tutors very accommodating and helpul
Pros
some courses are hard especially if you have no prior university experience
Cons
high earning potential upon completion
Learned lot of new skills
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 31, 2014
This job was really helpful to built up my confidence regarding training others and increasing my communication skills.
Now, i am able to talk freely and friendly to people whom i am unaware.
Instruct Regiaonal and Blobal Cuisine
Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba CanadaMay 7, 2014
Open for lunch covering all cooking methods and demonstrating various meat cutting techniques as well as fresh pasta, pizza dough, Naan breads, Theoretical class at end of day to cover what we were instructing on a daily basis
Pros
exhibition style cooking
Cons
none really
With a focus to improving people's lives through education, all employees go the extra mile to get the job done with high levels of quality.
Manager (Current Employee) –  WinnipegMarch 25, 2014
The complexity and variety of work required on a daily basis makes working at RRC both rewarding and challenging. The quality and commitment of co-workers enhance the rewards.
Pros
flexible work schedules and management support.
Cons
potential for working long hours depending on level of commitment.
Productive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 24, 2013
• Tutored students by providing steps and tips to assist them in solving problems in Managerial Accounting, and Financial Accounting
• Explained accounting topics to other students in a way that they could understand and fully process the material being taught
• Pays strong attention to detail which assists in accurate and precise decision making
layout school classes for the day and wk
Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pine Falls, MBMay 3, 2013
I teach electrical to aboriginal people in pre-employment course and also intro to trade program, I have been doing electrical for companies and for myself,but I want to learn more in different field of work,
Amazing place!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 5, 2013
Wonderful projects, amazing exposure, friendly staff. I have been working with Applied Research Dept. on National Research Council's project. Amazing working environment!
Happy to be part of the team
Sports & Gym Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2013
Good place to work at and happy to be part of the team. Managing different circumstances, problem solving, analytical thinking, initiatives.
flexible workplace in terms of comfortable large space study environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2013
Well,started working as a tutor at Red River College.
The most important part of this job is sharing of your knowledge and skills with the interested students.I also learned how to spare time for tutoring from your busy schedule at school.There is no such hard time i have ever experienced while working at this place as i believe nothing is impossible if you give your full contribution to the job which you are doing.I enjoy each and every smart questions asked by the students as it shows me that students are really getting in what i am teaching.
Pros
no physical load
Cons
long wait for getting work hours
Great place for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, WALJuly 3, 2012
Great place to get extra money and go to school. Relaxed and not so stressfull place to work at. Good management.
Pros
manageable
great place to work, working nights
Building Services Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 7, 2012
great co-workers, work nights, supervisors were fantastic
Pros
co-workers
Cons
working nights
I found Red River an exciting and rewarding challenge to my skills as an instructor.
Culinary Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nelson House, MBMay 27, 2012
Enjoyed working and Teaching the Culinary Arts program for Red River College. It was an exciting time for me, and very rewarding personally.
Pros
being able to go teach my trade to newcomers.
Cons
not employed with red river any more.
Good place to work, surrounded by creative like minded people.
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 28, 2012
As I only work here part time I can not comment on the daily activity and workloads of full time staff however most staff seem happy and content in their role.

Teams are open to new ideas and development of curriculum.
Pros
relaxed environment, helpful staff

4.5