Our client, a Canadian oil and gas producer with production of 6,000 boe/day is seeking an experienced Chartered Accountant to join their team in a Controller position. As part of a newly formed F&A group, reporting to the VP Finance you will be responsible for leading the financial reporting efforts related to budgeting, public disclosures, statutory compliance.
Supervising the AP, AR Joint Venture and Financial Reporting teams, the Controller will have involvement in the growth of the accounting teams and future direction of the make-up of the group, including recruiting of a Senior Financial Accountant who will assume a number of the preparation duties as the company continues tits growth.
Role & Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the team responsible for preparation and analysis of the monthly reporting package and the quarterly financial statements (note disclosures)
- Lead the preparation of MD&A & AIF as required
- Develop monthly internal and external reporting guidelines
- Coordinate year-end financial audit with external auditors
- Manage financial accounting and consolidation entries
- Ensure corporate accounting policies are in compliance with IFRS
- Manage Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Chartered Accountant designation preferred
- Minimum 3 years post designation industry experience within oil and gas companies
- Exposure to Hyperion, Essbase and Envision is an advantage
- Good knowledge of IFRS essential
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills * Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Excellent professional judgement and high degree of personal & professional integrityf
Indeed - 11 months ago
Red Recruitment is a Calgary based recruitment firm specializing in the placement of Accounting & Finance, Engineering & Technical,...