Red Lobster

• Salary/Benefits
Work Experience
Server (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: managment
my typical day at work is getting up and working the shift i was given, i learned man things, better communicating skills, better at multitasking, co-workers were great, the hardest part about the job was getting many things thrown at me, the most enjoyable part about this job was getting to meet new people.
Welp
Bartender/Server/Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: breaks, pay, tips...everything besides co-workers
What can you expect, this is the food industry...you must work on your feet all day, eat standing up, hear compliments and complaints standing up and oh did I mention you have to stand up.....no free food but discounts which isn't bad but only get about 5-6 minutes to eat the very food you couldn't order until the rush died down and once it dies down – more... you want to sit down but wait you can't because there is no where for employees to sit – less
the people are nice
Prep Cook (Former Employee), the villages, FLOctober 26, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: not enough hours
The job is based on how busy the restaurant is so if they are not busy you don't get any hours. But it is a clean environment and everyone works together and is very nice.
Great place for college srudents and anyone interested in working at a restaraunt.
Server, Alley Coordinator, Bus Boy, Baker (Former Employee), Mankato, MNOctober 24, 2014
Loved my time with Re Lobster, I learned a lot working there. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment, how to get a long with co workers, how to treat customers, and how to work hard.
Horrible Job
Line Cook (Former Employee), Clarksville, INOctober 22, 2014
I was a grill master and had a lot of responsibility grilling, frying, assembling, and cleaning. The job was way to stressful for the pay.
nice employees
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: no benefits
nice employees, was willing to work with you if you were sick, etc
Working here was a challenge at times but overall I enjoyed the fast paced environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasOctober 22, 2014
I enjoyed the fast paced environment on the weekend and week nights. Management was pretty good at assisting to our needs but I didnt like that management had a lot of turnover. Ofcourse the part where employees didn't have benefits was one of the main reasons I left.
Well Organized
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: company changed hands to other then darden
Certified food safety manager. Always come into work on time. Get everything set up and ready for the guests. Clean as you go. Over the years i have obtained the patients and the skills it takes to run high volume restaurants. I always help my co-workers as needed, and always make sure ALL of the guests are happy. I love being able to converse with – more... they different guests that come in. – less
Advage
Server (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2014
Typical place to work, but nice place to dine. Fast pace and must be flexible to working hours.
Steady pace always on the move
❸ Server/Seafood Expert (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 21, 2014
Responsible for providing exceptional service to all customers. Required to be well versed in cash handling, multi-tasking, and attentiveness.
Great experience built a lot of character
Great food and fun atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Rohnert Park, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: fun guests, face paced environment, discount on food
Cons: short breaks, took away some benefits, unorganized management
A typical day at Red Lobster re-cleaning the dining room and making sure the front of the house is ready for when we open the doors for business. I get several tables of any number of guests that I try to make feel as special as possible and attend to all their needs to assure a great restaurant experience. Team work is essential for a smooth shift – more... and guest satisfaction. This job taught me to be patient, time management skills, immense team work skills, and incredible multitasking skills. I also learned great communication skills as well as problem solving skills.
The hardest part of the job would be knowing how to communicate and work with guests that may be upset or have an issue with their experience, and doing my best to make sure they leave with a smile on their face. – less
A typical day at work
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando FlOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: the heat in the kitcken
A day at work can be very good.If you love what you do in life.The bad days at work you can learn from them. No one person is the same my co workers help understand people.Same come to work and bring there problems.So if I can help them have a good day I do.I enjoy helping people.
Great place, with a great team surrounding it.
Server (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: paid daily, flexible hours, discounted meals
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at my job included serving up to 200 guests on a given night. Your responsibility was informing them of specials, drinks, and how long they would have to wait on there food. I learned how to pace myself in stressful situations, as well as making strategies to accommodate the guests and my co-workers. The hardest part was being able to – more... perform at a very fast pace and a high level, which was easier with experience. The most enjoyable part of my experience was the guest and my co-workers. It felt like you were apart of something and the majority of the guests had uplifting things to say about me. – less
Great Serving Experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, helpful staff, and great hours
Cons: not the best location, lower tips
Throughout college I worked as a waitress at Red Lobster. Working for Darden was a very enjoyable experience. The managers worked very well with my strict schedule and also the company offered several benefits for the employees. The training for the job was extensive, however this provided a great foundation of knowledge.
Great Serving Experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, helpful staff, and great hours
Cons: not the best location, lower tips
Productive and constructive managaement opportunity that has allowed me to advance myself within my career
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Austell, GAOctober 14, 2014
Going through the Red Lobster's management program and management course has allowed me to experience the leadership responsibilities and job culture that is needed to properly run a successful restaurant. This position does require an extensive work schedule however it has added to the work constraints of the job but has allowed me to come to terms – more... with all that a position such as this entails. A typical day of work includes directing, delegating, and coaching over 80 team members, fully stocking and detailing both the front and back of the house, interacting with guests, complying with the rules and regulations of the company, and reassuring that results and progression is made in our daily process. With the responsibilities of being a kitchen manager has also includes learning and preparing weekly inventories, reducing wastes, complying with health and sanitation logs and systems, menu/ recipe knowledge and enforcement, scheduling kitchen staff members, maintenance of equipment, and exposure to cooking methods. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with guests, running a successful kitchen with talented initiative team members, and achieving the goals and results set out during a quarter. The hardest part of the job is the extensive schedules. Overall, my experience at Red Lobster has allowed me to the acquire the hands on training and the tools needed to further assist me with my career and management skills. – less
Productive work enviroment
Service Trainer (Current Employee), Columbus, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the money was very good when the store had high sales
Cons: no insurance
I love my job, I get to meet new people everyday, be apart of a special event in there life, make it even a memory for them! Ive had to learn to multi-task under a great deal of pressure, and had to inquire change monthly due to management leaving frequently.
Great experience
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: tons of new knowledge, management was friendly and understanding, great hours
Cons: sometime management would over staff shifts without adjusting
This was a great experience. I learned a tremendous amount of the service aspect of the position in addition to all my regular bar tending responsibilities. I thrived in the very fast paced atmosphere. I love to work in that type of environment.
Waitress (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here, I learned fast and there were awesome managers and team members that helped me along the way!
Great atmosphere and team to be on
Server (Former Employee), Augusta, gaOctober 11, 2014
Loved the people I worked with. Great team aspect and always friendly

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more