Red Lobster Employee Reviews

A great place to work, tight knit staff, fast paced, ECT
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 February 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking in the servers and making sure they are ready to start and I know what section they are in. Counting the till down and getting it ready for either the night shift or the next day. My job is to keep the lobby clean and our hostess area neat, tidy and the seating chart easy to follow. As guest come in my job is to greet them, and then promptly seat then at a table. Answering the phone, taking take out orders and preparing them, ECT

Over the almost five years I have been at Red lobster I have learned to be a team player, work under stress and in a fast pace environment. Great people skills, how to keep organize, how to strike up a conversation, memorization skills and so much more.

It was always a pleasure to work with the management staff they were helpful, understanding, upbeat and kind. They made it easy to go to work and I looked forward to working all of my shifts. They were always willing to help and if you made a mistake they kindly corrected you, so that you would know for next time.

My co-works were more life a family then just a staff, from the first day I started at Red Lobster they gave me a warm welcome. I always got along with everyone and help when I could as they did the same. They were hard works and we all always focused on the task at hand (giving A+ service) as a team. We worked as one, not individuals. Things always ran more smoothly this way. In the end they always made me look forward to go to work.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job was trying to stay clam and not get stressed out on the
  more... nights we went into a waiting line. As some people could be impatient and antsy making it harder not to get stressed out.

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the job, I always liked seeing our guest happy as they left. Red Lobster is a really great place to work overall.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
Somedays you would work long hours if guest came in right before close.
good place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2014
Fast- paced, customer service focused place of work. You feel like family there everyone works together in a team enviroment.
Darden as a whole could be a great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2014
Red Lobster as a brand and as past of the Canadian division certainly have a lot of challenges that make Red Lobster a very difficult place to work.
Good Teamwork regardless of nationality and great communication with each and everyone!
Server (Current Employee) –  Arabella, Salwa Kuwait5 January 2014
Starting shift with what we call "Lobster Talk" where we talk about things to do on that shift and opening matters with the team and resolving issues on the past shift.

I have learned too much with in this career, being far from my previous job i have, it's a leg work which requires most of actions and to think and resolve problems within a duty. I've learned as well to have a great camaraderie with the team despite of having three nationalities at once. And being able to become more responsible and more matured enough to handle on almost everything as much as I can.

The hardest part of my job is when I have a local guest(kuwait) having them as my guest not all but mostly give me headache, getting their orders and even pointing out the pictures with them clarifying everything on that food, but once it serve then they started to make a trouble like its not the one they ordered, even if its almost half empty, and saying something not good on the food and change this and that, and a lots of special instructions which you will know upon the food is serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when my guest leaves happily and seeing them worth it on the food thye eat and the service I give.
Serveuse
Cage aux sports (Ste-Thérèse), serveuse (Former Employee) –  Ste-Thérèse4 January 2014
je travaillais de soir et fin de semaine; il s'agissait d'un complément au salaire familial. J'étais très à l'aise avec la clientèle, mes collègues et je suis capable de travailler sous pression.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
horaire de 4 à 6 hres par soir
Its nice place to work. Needs a big improvement in higher management
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2014
I had good experience in Red Lobster. Nice exposure to inventory management and cost control. Co-workers are very nice, love to work with them.
Hardest part of job is work-life balance, career advancement and not fair treatment from higher management.
excellent benefits
Production and Baker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 December 2013
i started out a t red lobster as a high school co op. i liked everyone i worked with and got hired in the new year of 2013. after working for about 4 months i started to get agitated with co workers. some co workers i got along with and could call team players, but others would just talk behind your back or treat you like dirt. management was okay. i highly enjoyed my general manager until she left on maternity leave. the benefits are great but icould not get on them because you have to work a maximum of over 20 hours a week and they did not give much hours.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
co workers, poor management, hours.
A great learning experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2013
A typical day at Red Lobster would be, you come in to your shift clock in, if its not busy when you first start you typically stock so when it does get busy you'll have all the things you need. When everything is stocked your serving shift goes by a lot smoother. The thing that I've learned the most is "the customer is always right" no matter what the situation is you give them what they want, with the mangers approval that is. The management is pretty good, most of them are well educated and know a lot about the company and the hospitality industry. The co-workers are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. The hardest part of the job I have to say is the schedule and the hours because nothing is guaranteed, I would love to have a set and steady schedule without worrying about my hours being cut. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, that I will always enjoy.
Pros
Talking to new people everyday.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Cleaning
Busser (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 December 2013
I would be cleaning tables and set tables and clear dishes. Also I would clean the bathrooms
Fast-paced, friendly working environment
Host/Serving Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2013
The Red Lobster in Windsor is a great place to work; I have met so many new people, made friends, established relationships with regulars, and have had the opportunity to work on my personal skills needed for this type of work. I have learned skills such as those needed in dealing with an angry guest, how to make/keep a situation positive, respect, organization and an attention to detail. I am always on the go and making sure that my position helps my coworker's jobs run smoothly. It can be quite fun.
Pros
Interactive, social, enjoyable, easy
Cons
Lack of consistency
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warden & Sheppard18 October 2013
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster previously the staff was very friendly and they were very acceptable to any changes in scheduling if I required it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Long Hours
Average
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2013
- Good People
- Nice Food
- Decent hours
- Insufficient Wages
Pleasant Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 October 2013
Very Pleasant environment Had a wonderful time working there.
Great co workers but it`s managers vs employees.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2013
Work is high energy and I almost never didn`t want to go to work. I moved up fast especially for it being my first time working in that setting. My co workers were the best part of my job. There wasn`t a day I didn`t laugh.
The only con is the management. There a huge barrier between the two sets of people and not a lot of communication. I lost my job due to a manager going out of his way to have me fired. They pressured me into quitting saying if I chose to be fired instead I could never use them as a reference but it I quit they would gladly give me a good one.
I should`ve let them fire me so I could fight it.
ANYWAYS, use wise judement but be careful. You might lose your job if you stand up for your co workers to a boss that runs his mouth about everyone.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
rude managers
Good olde Red
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2013
Everyday is a new day there. There's nothing typical about Red Lobster with new clientele every hour or two. I love my job there... you meet new people, take on their day and issues for the time being. My co-workers are amazing and everyone will help out and management is the same, they are their to work around any schedule that needs be. I've been there almost 8 yrs. and we're like a family. Its a great place to work. You do have bad days but that's at any place of employment.
Very fast paced restaurant with a lot of good workers and managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2013
I learned the difference between rock lobster and maritime lobster and how to distinguish the female from male and that the female meat is more tender and has a sweeter taste.

The management was great very supportive.

The hardest part of that job was not smiling.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making the customer smile and watching them leave happy.
Pros
50% off all food items
Cons
There were non.
Great first job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 August 2013
I learned many different communication skills, and how to be able to work in a fast pace environment.
I loved working with the guests, and being able to stay organized.
Good job
Server (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB2 August 2013
good and easy to do job that pays well and has good hours, you leave smelling like fish though.
Productive and more fun workplace together with my colleagues
Kitchen Staff - Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Avenues Mall kuwait30 June 2013
-A Typical day at work during the opening of first RED LOBSTER in kuwait is so hard and all busy because all the the top of the top of bosses it is there.But I'm confidence because all my co-worker and a trainer they gave me a lot of information about the knowledgeable top to bottom procedure for all kind of preparing for cooking.

-I learned a lot to all my previous work how being a simple staff that we follow always the Standards procedure supposed to be.Being a Leader in one team that i know we have a negative and positive feedback to me.as of now I'm a crew trainer we have a lot of responsibilities but Thanks God he is always be there to guide me to coach me.

-And also thanks for my management team for always supporting me and guide me as a crew trainer in this company.

-My Co-workers we have negative and positive
The positives is that because there are more people, the job gets done faster and individual work is easier.

The negatives of team work is that some people may not do their share of the work which their share will end up getting done by the other members of the group. Even though someone did not do their share of the work, that person will still get credit for a completed job even though that person or persons did nothing.

-The hardest part of the job i get the trainer certificate i know I'm happy and deserving but all the responsibilities we will bigger and bigger.That i know as per my power i can do it.

-We have a fun during a rush time so all the team member we will forget the under pressure of work although is to busy , such as joke moment
  more... if we have a team building so all of this we will enjoy not only me for all the team cast.  less
fun workplace, engaging fun staff
Utility (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON28 May 2013
A typical day in dish starts by having to clean bathrooms, the lobby floor, and the dining room floor, and then finally by tossing out the previous night's garbage. It's then to the dish pit till the evening shift people come in to relieve you, during this time you wash everything that comes into the pit, as well as putting the dishes and other washes items away. Evening shift comes in around 5pm and takes over washing/scrubbing and putting away the dishes. The evening dish crew is also responsible for at least one garbage run, and closing the dish pit at the end of the night, by disassembling the wash machine and cleaning the floors, leaving the area clean for the mornings.

To myself the hardest part of the job was having to either handle 200 degree plates as they exit the machine, or having to scrub all the shrimp bowls. What i found most enjoyable was my co-workers within the pit, and their individual antics that made the shift go by so much quicker, i also enjoyed the ability to work somewhat at my own pace, and not having to worry about the what was going on in the rest of the kitchen
Pros
25% off staff meals, friendly outgoing staff
Cons
very wet environment in the pit, usually last to leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval