Red Lobster

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The management team
Server (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: too many servers working at once
The management team was really good although at times the other locations would need a great manager and take ours. The work atmosphere was a little childish but the management team made it work. Although in my opinion hiring my serious waiters would be the best route
Productive and fun place to be
Manager of Operations (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free food, great people
Cons: long hours 9.5 -12 hours a day
Your day starts with you setting the tone personally. You have to be in the mindset to lead, train and coach. When I arrive to work I start my day with turning off the alarm to the restaurant, and taking a quick look around for safety reasons and get to work looking at the results from the previous day and see if I feel comfortable with the projections of today. I look at the numbers and take a couple that we can work on and have it ready to discuss with my employees. I check the quality of our food and make sure that equipment is working and running properly. As more and more of my employees arrive I have little chats with them to see how they’re doing personally and then give them tasks for the day. We have a quick meeting before we open the doors to discuss the numbers that we can improve on and to let them know about any promotions we have going on. While we’re open for business I have to stop by every table and talk to the guest to see how they’re doing and to check on the dining experience. I also check with every employee in every position to see how he or she is doing and to see if I can give them any help. As the day goes on I start getting the restaurant ready for the next manager; so I count the food in the restaurant, and make sure that the crew and manager are set up for success.
Red Lobster
Hostess/Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: discount on great food. flexible hours.
Cons: benefits
A general work day at Red Lobster as a Host consisted of greeting and seating guests, managing the wait list, bussing tables and maintaining a clean lobby and restrooms. As a lead, it included taking to-go orders and preparing them, as well as helping servers run food when necessary. Very rarely was there a boring day because guests alone have the ability to change the way your day goes. The hardest part of the job was maintaining an appropriate wait time and not messing up people's food. The most enjoyable part was daily interaction with different kinds of people.
Good benefits and bonus program but zero job security
Service Manager (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVDecember 31, 2014
The work schedule was nice and fair, but upper management was always trying to get in the middle of the managers and it caused a very uncomfortable working environment.
work
Dishwasher/ Assistant Cook (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJDecember 30, 2014
Responsible for making sure dishes, pots and pans are cleaned on a daily basis. Operate certain machinery. Assist the cook with certain procedures and techniques regarding food preparation and service. Once the dishes, pots and pans have been cleaned make sure they have been properly stored and organized.
Great experience, but not the greatest restaurant
Hostess (Current Employee), Peoria, AZDecember 29, 2014
This was a great first introductory job into the restaurant industry. I learned valuable skills required in the restaurant industry as well as gained great respect for those in it. A typical day dealt with the guests and where they sat as well as handling the general flow of the restaurant. For the most part, I enjoyed my coworkers and could rely on them when I needed help. I felt that I may have been more helpful to others than they were to me, but that is just my nature. The management is what I found to be one of the most difficult aspects of this job. A couple of them were just snide and catty, and put their personal feelings before work responsibilities. I did not enjoy working with those managers, and I found those people to screw up the flow of the restaurant a majority of the time. The other managers were great though. The most enjoyable part of the job was just getting to know guests and trying to make their visit as enjoyable as possible!
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: small workplace
A typical day for me was cleaning as many tables as I could. On slower days I would help the dishwashers and the servers. I learned how to take orders from customers and work as a team. All of the managers were helpfull and answered questions when I needed their help. Co-workers were also a big help and were good at working with me and working together. The hardest part of the job was learning how to balance a tray full of dishes and cups. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the people who worked there. Everyone helped eachother at all times.
Great experience
HOST (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 28, 2014
• Greeted guests and welcomed them to the restaurant
• Coordinated seating arrangements and placement of guests
• Cleaned and organized host area during each shift
• Informed guests of current promotions and specials
• Answered phone and provided guests with requested information
Productive place to work!
Waitress/Server (Former Employee), Adrian, MIDecember 27, 2014
Nice atmosphere, great co-workers, and enjoyable place to work! Great management and co-workers are great team players!
na
Server (Former Employee), jackson tnDecember 25, 2014
Best group of people I've ever worked with. Everyone worked together as a team to make sure the job was done. Serving guest, ensuring orders were rang up. Closing and opening daily shift requirements were met
A great place to build a foundation of work experience.
Service Professional (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLDecember 22, 2014
Pros: darden dimes (match your dime donations for savings), half off all food items.
Cons: minimum wage was low at the time of my employment
My typical day was to be a team leader and a team player from my open shift to my shift ending. I learned that if you dedicate yourself to putting your best efforts forth you can achieve anything. My management was very open door policy with all employees and treated everyone with respect and equality. All co-workers i had were very diverse and up beat which gave the job and my experience its extra uniqueness. The hardest part of my job was the unexpected personalities of all guests in which made it the most enjoyable part at the same time.
Fun work place, management made it a comfortable place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible scheduleit
Cons: long hours, no health benefits
It was a very fast paced and almost unbelievably smooth work experience. The Hardest part of the job was the cleaning
working enviorment
Server (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2014
the management was awful not professional it was
always busy at work co-workers are good. the hardest part is the busy weekends. the food was good 50% off when you work.the cooks are fast. and days a flexible
Not great
Server/trainer (Former Employee), wichita ksDecember 21, 2014
Excellent standards on customer service. Management and job advancement pretty much non-existence
Fun environment
Server, Seafood Expert (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VADecember 17, 2014
I loved working there but serving just wasn't cut out for me. The teamwork was amazing, the managers were very interactive with the guest and with the employees.
Great work environment
LEAD SERVER / TRAINER (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 16, 2014
Great work environment with awesome management team.
Faced paced job allows for easy, quick pay.
Management flexible with scheduling.
Productive and fun work place.
Server (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: weekend job
Cons: healthcare, vacation
Greet guests with a friendly smile. Offer drinks and an appetizer and then take their order. I ring orders on the computer and send them to the kitchen. I make sure the food is delivered correctly and within a timely manner. I am responsible for up to $700 each shift. I learned a lot from my job and the people that I have crossed paths with. I think the most important thing is that I learned how to deal with the public. The crew that I work with are the greatest people ever. We all get along really well for the most part. What I like most about my job is the people that I work with and I love interacting with the public. I get along really well with all my managers and they are great people to work with.
Fun and knowledgeable
Alley coordinator (Former Employee), Matteson, ILDecember 15, 2014
Gained a lot of kitchen knowledge working. The environment was friendly and fun. Co-workers were friendly and helpful and so was management.
Bad, just bad...
Server (Former Employee), Roswell, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: most employees were nice, friendly, and sometimes helpful
Cons: no breaks, terrible management, bad bad bad clientele, benefits are not good, no chance of full-time work
Overstaffed, awful clientele, horribly managed, I'd be lucky to finish lunch shifts with $30. Dinner was ok, but not worth the stress that was caused by the mismanagement and consistently awful clientele base.
Good Company.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Cary, NCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: ability to move up.
Cons: i have nothing negative to say.
Red Lobster is a great company to work for. They provide a stable workplace with the ability to move up.

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more