Red Lobster
1,358 reviews

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent corporation with high standards and proven systems in place.
General Manager (Current Employee), IllinoisJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, brand recognition
Cons: under new ownership and uncertain future.
Corporation is undergoing change due to spin off from Darden Corp.
Constant work
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: dont have to worry about buying lunch
Cons: benefits are now good
Its a job that you keep busy. You have to do things at a fast pace.
I enjoyed working here
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 15, 2015
I worked as an Administrative assistant at the Father Project. My day consisted of office and customer service like duties. My co-workers really motivated me to do the best i could during my internship there.
Productive and fun work place
Server (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals when on shift
Cons: not stable money
Red Lobster is a fantastic place to work, but only for part-time. While I enjoy the upbeat fast paced environment and getting to work with people it just isn't stable enough for a full time position.
Productive and easy going work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Management was very strict, rules were very simple. Co workers were a great help at times. Hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers. During this job I mostly enjoyed making the guests satisfied.
Great Benefits
General Manager (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day was 12 to 14 hours. The most enjoyable part was working with so many young people and instilling work ethics in them. The hardest part of the job was terminating employees and junior managers. I learned to find the best skills in each person.
?
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), TEXASJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, really fun and up pace work place
Cons: location had to drive 120 miles a day
HAD TO DRIVE 120 MILES A DAY WHEN TO LOCATIONS WITH OPENING WHERE WITH IN 20 MILE FROM MY HOUSE.
Great company
Hostess (Former Employee), Greenville, scJanuary 13, 2015
Red lobster was one of my first jobs. The food industry is very demanding and fast pace. I learned how to interact with customers face to face. I also was able to develop time management skills very early. I had a very supportive management team. I started working at Red Lobster when I was still in high school. I was able to still balance and maintain my requirements for school while working.
Productive and an enjoyable place of work
Ally Coordinator (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJanuary 13, 2015
coworkers are very friendly to work with
very busy work environment but very enjoyable
hard working
easy to get along with
Good place to work, if sometimes stressful
Server (Former Employee), 2355 West New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32904January 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, tips, management, flexibility
Cons: long hours without breaks
Good environment. Lots of money in tips. Mostly respectful management. Very flexible hours. Much respect for employees. Very good benefits.
Pleasant with Some Exceptions
Service Assistant (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: discounts, most staff, fun environment
Cons: no definite pay, some staff, very busy all the time
The responsibilities of this job encompass cleaning the tables, making sure the floors are well kept, bringing food to customers, and doing small bits of side work when there is nothing else to do.

The servers, bartenders, hosts, managers, and other service assistants are the only staff I usually associate with. Generally, the servers are sweet, fun people who make me feel appreciated, although, there are a few exceptions who are very rude, disrespectful, selfish, and inconsiderate.

The bartenders, hosts, and other SA's are absolutely fantastic and some of the most enjoyable people to work with. The management team is also wonderful, with the exception of one manager who does not seem to care about much. This one manager also always makes me feel like I am doing something wrong when I am clearly not.

Overall, this is a great, as well as pleasant, place to work. The pay is $4.00 per hour plus tip share. Sometimes, I make about $6 per hour including tip, and other times I make about $11. There is no definite or expected pay. It is hard to tell what you made during a shift until you go get your tips and see the amount.
Red Lobster is the devil.
Server (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: you dont have to roll silverwear
Cons: everything else.
They are like every other commercial restaurant in Alabama. Cruel, in-compassionate, and unconcerned. They will make you work as hard as someone making a decent salary, but pay you 2 dollars an hour and give you the worst possible money making conditions available.
Well organized but fun environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), North Austin, TexasJanuary 8, 2015
There's nothing I can really say but that Red lobster was a great place to work and they did an excellent job at setting everything up.

I mean it was probably one of the best restaurants ive worked at but the only downside was the bartenders there made less then the servers.
Red Lobster
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJanuary 8, 2015
This is a great job for a college or high school student. They were flexible and the compensation was fair.
A great place to work with high expectations.
Certified Grill Master (Current Employee), Pleasant Hills, PAJanuary 7, 2015
This job has been a blessing. It has lived up to my expectations. The job has been great due to the fact that your hard work and strong work ethic matter before seniority.They constantly push you and challenge you for your work ethic to become overall stronger.
Productive and very multi tasking type of job.
Service Professional (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2015
This job is for the fast paced. If you are able to keep up with the pace you are able to make good money while working in a fun environment with all types of people. You have a diverse group of people that you work with and you are able to learn very good people skills.
customer experience good customer service
Host (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: can't select desire schedule
My review on Red Lobster is a busy. You have to assist other coworkers with customers and you have to take care of the guests needs. The management is very helpful they give me reliable hours. The hardest part of the job is taking on big parties of 8+ or more at one time. The most enjoyable part of the day is receiving good compliments from the customers of my hard work.
Keeps you busy
Server (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: theres always a shift to be picked up
Cons: no breaks unless you work a split shift
I love being a server at Red Lobster! They will keep you on your toes for sure. They will work with you on your schedule, some people work just weekends and others work 6 days a week. They are always willing to train you in other areas of the resturant as well.
It would be a fun place to work if they had better managers.
Hostess (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, decent money if you get tips
Cons: management, no breaks
I had a lot of fun working there with my co-workers. They were awesome. The job is really easy, and yet the managers talk to you like you're stupid. No matter how long you've been there. I wouldn't bother working here unless you just need to make some extra money, or if you're in high school and are looking for something after school.
needs improvement
Lead /Bartender/skilled trainer (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 3, 2015
poor management no loyalty amond co workers no training or team building no games to promote team work no pride in products

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more