Red Lobster Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2013
Red Lobster is one of the ideal jobs I've been looking so far.
It provides me the ideal time of work and gives me enough benefits on my daily expenses.
fun place to work
Certified Grill Master/Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 18, 2013
learned how to garnish meals according to company guidelines
Pros
able to develope culinary skills within the company
good place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Fast- paced, customer service focused place of work. You feel like family there everyone works together in a team enviroment.
good job
broiler/ dish pit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
Id keep my station cleaned an stocked.
deep fry. broiler.
it was not to bad but they need to actually lessen to their employes.
Fast paste , Fun work
Co-op program at South Collegiate Institute (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 3, 2014
great place to work if you can keep up , fun people to get to know
Pros
discounts
Cons
rules
fun workplace, engaging fun staff
Utility (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONMay 28, 2013
A typical day in dish starts by having to clean bathrooms, the lobby floor, and the dining room floor, and then finally by tossing out the previous night's garbage. It's then to the dish pit till the evening shift people come in to relieve you, during this time you wash everything that comes into the pit, as well as putting the dishes and other washes items away. Evening shift comes in around 5pm and takes over washing/scrubbing and putting away the dishes. The evening dish crew is also responsible for at least one garbage run, and closing the dish pit at the end of the night, by disassembling the wash machine and cleaning the floors, leaving the area clean for the mornings.

To myself the hardest part of the job was having to either handle 200 degree plates as they exit the machine, or having to scrub all the shrimp bowls. What i found most enjoyable was my co-workers within the pit, and their individual antics that made the shift go by so much quicker, i also enjoyed the ability to work somewhat at my own pace, and not having to worry about the what was going on in the rest of the kitchen
Pros
25% off staff meals, friendly outgoing staff
Cons
very wet environment in the pit, usually last to leave
Red Lobster Enviroment
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2012
I enjoy working at Red Lobster. I've learned how to work well independently and as a team.
not my favorite
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2012
Although it wasn't my favourite job, i have good memories and enjoyed most days.
Cleaning
Busser (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 6, 2013
I would be cleaning tables and set tables and clear dishes. Also I would clean the bathrooms
Good job
Server (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
good and easy to do job that pays well and has good hours, you leave smelling like fish though.
good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  calgaryMay 15, 2014
good place,it was enjoyable and good team work,the best was my collagues very fun place
Good Teamwork regardless of nationality and great communication with each and everyone!
Server (Current Employee) –  Arabella, Salwa KuwaitJanuary 5, 2014
Starting shift with what we call "Lobster Talk" where we talk about things to do on that shift and opening matters with the team and resolving issues on the past shift.

I have learned too much with in this career, being far from my previous job i have, it's a leg work which requires most of actions and to think and resolve problems within a duty. I've learned as well to have a great camaraderie with the team despite of having three nationalities at once. And being able to become more responsible and more matured enough to handle on almost everything as much as I can.

The hardest part of my job is when I have a local guest(kuwait) having them as my guest not all but mostly give me headache, getting their orders and even pointing out the pictures with them clarifying everything on that food, but once it serve then they started to make a trouble like its not the one they ordered, even if its almost half empty, and saying something not good on the food and change this and that, and a lots of special instructions which you will know upon the food is serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when my guest leaves happily and seeing them worth it on the food thye eat and the service I give.
A great place to work, tight knit staff, fast paced, ECT
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking in the servers and making sure they are ready to start and I know what section they are in. Counting the till down and getting it ready for either the night shift or the next day. My job is to keep the lobby clean and our hostess area neat, tidy and the seating chart easy to follow. As guest come in my job is to greet them, and then promptly seat then at a table. Answering the phone, taking take out orders and preparing them, ECT

Over the almost five years I have been at Red lobster I have learned to be a team player, work under stress and in a fast pace environment. Great people skills, how to keep organize, how to strike up a conversation, memorization skills and so much more.

It was always a pleasure to work with the management staff they were helpful, understanding, upbeat and kind. They made it easy to go to work and I looked forward to working all of my shifts. They were always willing to help and if you made a mistake they kindly corrected you, so that you would know for next time.

My co-works were more life a family then just a staff, from the first day I started at Red Lobster they gave me a warm welcome. I always got along with everyone and help when I could as they did the same. They were hard works and we all always focused on the task at hand (giving A+ service) as a team. We worked as one, not individuals. Things always ran more smoothly this way. In the end they always made me look forward to go to work.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job was trying to stay clam and not get stressed out on the nights we
  more... went into a waiting line. As some people could be impatient and antsy making it harder not to get stressed out.

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the job, I always liked seeing our guest happy as they left. Red Lobster is a really great place to work overall.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
somedays you would work long hours if guest came in right before close.
Serveuse
Cage aux sports (Ste-Thérèse), serveuse (Former Employee) –  Ste-ThérèseJanuary 4, 2014
je travaillais de soir et fin de semaine; il s'agissait d'un complément au salaire familial. J'étais très à l'aise avec la clientèle, mes collègues et je suis capable de travailler sous pression.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
horaire de 4 à 6 hres par soir