Red Lobster Employee Reviews

productive
Receptionist / Host (Current Employee) –  Kuwait12 January 2015
Nice environment. All my co-workers are career oriented and well disciplined.
Pros
food allowance; free accommodation ; free transportation
Red lobster is bad.
Line Cook/ Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb30 November 2014
Poorly run, hours severely vary, constantly under pressure to perform amazingly with low staff. other than that the coworkers are great, i learned how to cook the best part of the job is when you finally clock out...
Pros
n/a
Cons
few hours
Workplace Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2014
A typical day at work usually starts with check-ins with managers where they inform us on product we may be low on or out of completely as well as check our uniforms to ensure we are in good working conditions.
While working at red lobster I have learnt time management with our pace of meal program along with learning to deal with different allergies and providing the guests with alternative solutions to make their experience just as enjoyable as the rest of their group.
The managers at Red Lobster are very approachable and able to assists if any issues arise that we, as servers, cannot deal with.
The co-workers are great, we all work together as a team on busy evening shifts to ensure that guests food is delivered when ready and nice and hot.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to move things along faster. ex, get food or alcoholic beverages out quicker.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize with the guests. There isn't a day that I do not learn something new from someone.
Pros
when we work we get 50% our lunch, when we don't work its 25%, this applies at all red lobster locations.
Cons
long hours, minimal time to sit and eat in between shifts
My experience with red lobster
Host (Current Employee) –  Regina21 November 2014
when i started working at red lobster i loved it and then the managers got very rude and the other host' were very bossy and did not care much about other co workers wether they were having trouble doing something they tell them to do it anyways. I used to get 4 shifts a week and we hired a bunch of new hosts and now i get 1.
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive workplace
Hostess & Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton,On10 November 2014
Co-workers work together, management team needs work supporting their staff more.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
not good organization
Good job enjoyed my time there
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 October 2014
Good staff very friendly.Some managers lacked restaurant skills.Working in such a busy place you get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
No breaks
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 September 2014
• Efficiently used dish washing equipment to clean used dishes
• Ensured the cleanliness of washed dishes and rewashed if needed
• Securely stacked dried dishes to storage locations
• Assisted with kitchen preparations when needed
• Stocked kitchen and dining area supplies
• Emptied trash cans and moved garbage to waste collection
• Unloaded supply trucks and stored inventory on shelves, refrigerator and freezer
Good money, most of the time, worst managment
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2014
The managment is so disorganized and rude... No breaks, and a 3 hour shift feels like 300 hours. Very exhausting and physically demanding. Not worth it
Fast phase job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2014
My duties are to assemble orders and it is very important that the plating meets the company standards including the guest expectations. Also, I'm responsible for microwaving the right amount of time for the sauces and the sides such as broccolis, asparagus, green beans etc. If it is not done properly it can affect our guests health and condition, which makes my position play a valuable role at Red Lobster. Most important, not all our guest can tolerate shrimps, some are allergic to it. If we receive an order with an allergy, I must assemble with care and prevent cross contamination.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
very productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2014
i enjoyed my work there it was productive and i learned alot,my co-workers were very nice n helped me learn
good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  calgary15 May 2014
good place,it was enjoyable and good team work,the best was my collagues very fun place
waste ot time!!
Host (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK.12 March 2014
I applied for the Host postion at the Saskatoon location of Red Lobster online, I then received an email to call the Saskatoon location for an interview, I then had TWO interviews and I expected to get a call back, NOTHING HAPPENED!!
Pros
clean restaurant, friendly servers
Cons
rude management, not even nice enough to call back about getting the postion or not
Fast paste , Fun work
Co-op program at South Collegiate Institute (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 March 2014
great place to work if you can keep up , fun people to get to know
Pros
discounts
Cons
rules
A great place to work, tight knit staff, fast paced, ECT
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 February 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking in the servers and making sure they are ready to start and I know what section they are in. Counting the till down and getting it ready for either the night shift or the next day. My job is to keep the lobby clean and our hostess area neat, tidy and the seating chart easy to follow. As guest come in my job is to greet them, and then promptly seat then at a table. Answering the phone, taking take out orders and preparing them, ECT

Over the almost five years I have been at Red lobster I have learned to be a team player, work under stress and in a fast pace environment. Great people skills, how to keep organize, how to strike up a conversation, memorization skills and so much more.

It was always a pleasure to work with the management staff they were helpful, understanding, upbeat and kind. They made it easy to go to work and I looked forward to working all of my shifts. They were always willing to help and if you made a mistake they kindly corrected you, so that you would know for next time.

My co-works were more life a family then just a staff, from the first day I started at Red Lobster they gave me a warm welcome. I always got along with everyone and help when I could as they did the same. They were hard works and we all always focused on the task at hand (giving A+ service) as a team. We worked as one, not individuals. Things always ran more smoothly this way. In the end they always made me look forward to go to work.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job was trying to stay clam and not get stressed out on the
  more... nights we went into a waiting line. As some people could be impatient and antsy making it harder not to get stressed out.

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the job, I always liked seeing our guest happy as they left. Red Lobster is a really great place to work overall.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
Somedays you would work long hours if guest came in right before close.
good place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2014
Fast- paced, customer service focused place of work. You feel like family there everyone works together in a team enviroment.
Darden as a whole could be a great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2014
Red Lobster as a brand and as past of the Canadian division certainly have a lot of challenges that make Red Lobster a very difficult place to work.
Good Teamwork regardless of nationality and great communication with each and everyone!
Server (Current Employee) –  Arabella, Salwa Kuwait5 January 2014
Starting shift with what we call "Lobster Talk" where we talk about things to do on that shift and opening matters with the team and resolving issues on the past shift.

I have learned too much with in this career, being far from my previous job i have, it's a leg work which requires most of actions and to think and resolve problems within a duty. I've learned as well to have a great camaraderie with the team despite of having three nationalities at once. And being able to become more responsible and more matured enough to handle on almost everything as much as I can.

The hardest part of my job is when I have a local guest(kuwait) having them as my guest not all but mostly give me headache, getting their orders and even pointing out the pictures with them clarifying everything on that food, but once it serve then they started to make a trouble like its not the one they ordered, even if its almost half empty, and saying something not good on the food and change this and that, and a lots of special instructions which you will know upon the food is serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when my guest leaves happily and seeing them worth it on the food thye eat and the service I give.
Serveuse
Cage aux sports (Ste-Thérèse), serveuse (Former Employee) –  Ste-Thérèse4 January 2014
je travaillais de soir et fin de semaine; il s'agissait d'un complément au salaire familial. J'étais très à l'aise avec la clientèle, mes collègues et je suis capable de travailler sous pression.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
horaire de 4 à 6 hres par soir
Its nice place to work. Needs a big improvement in higher management
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2014
I had good experience in Red Lobster. Nice exposure to inventory management and cost control. Co-workers are very nice, love to work with them.
Hardest part of job is work-life balance, career advancement and not fair treatment from higher management.
excellent benefits
Production and Baker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 December 2013
i started out a t red lobster as a high school co op. i liked everyone i worked with and got hired in the new year of 2013. after working for about 4 months i started to get agitated with co workers. some co workers i got along with and could call team players, but others would just talk behind your back or treat you like dirt. management was okay. i highly enjoyed my general manager until she left on maternity leave. the benefits are great but icould not get on them because you have to work a maximum of over 20 hours a week and they did not give much hours.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
co workers, poor management, hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval