Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Good olde Red
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2013
Everyday is a new day there. There's nothing typical about Red Lobster with new clientele every hour or two. I love my job there... you meet new people, take on their day and issues for the time being. My co-workers are amazing and everyone will help out and management is the same, they are their to work around any schedule that needs be. I've been there almost 8 yrs. and we're like a family. Its a great place to work. You do have bad days but that's at any place of employment.
Very fast paced restaurant with a lot of good workers and managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2013
I learned the difference between rock lobster and maritime lobster and how to distinguish the female from male and that the female meat is more tender and has a sweeter taste.

The management was great very supportive.

The hardest part of that job was not smiling.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making the customer smile and watching them leave happy.
Pros
50% off all food items
Cons
There were non.
Great first job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 August 2013
I learned many different communication skills, and how to be able to work in a fast pace environment.
I loved working with the guests, and being able to stay organized.
Good job
Server (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB2 August 2013
good and easy to do job that pays well and has good hours, you leave smelling like fish though.
fun workplace, engaging fun staff
Utility (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON28 May 2013
A typical day in dish starts by having to clean bathrooms, the lobby floor, and the dining room floor, and then finally by tossing out the previous night's garbage. It's then to the dish pit till the evening shift people come in to relieve you, during this time you wash everything that comes into the pit, as well as putting the dishes and other washes items away. Evening shift comes in around 5pm and takes over washing/scrubbing and putting away the dishes. The evening dish crew is also responsible for at least one garbage run, and closing the dish pit at the end of the night, by disassembling the wash machine and cleaning the floors, leaving the area clean for the mornings.

To myself the hardest part of the job was having to either handle 200 degree plates as they exit the machine, or having to scrub all the shrimp bowls. What i found most enjoyable was my co-workers within the pit, and their individual antics that made the shift go by so much quicker, i also enjoyed the ability to work somewhat at my own pace, and not having to worry about the what was going on in the rest of the kitchen
Pros
25% off staff meals, friendly outgoing staff
Cons
very wet environment in the pit, usually last to leave
Productive and Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2013
Red Lobster is one of the ideal jobs I've been looking so far.
It provides me the ideal time of work and gives me enough benefits on my daily expenses.
Clean and fun to work at
Kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Edmoton Alberta9 May 2013
Very good comunity of the work place. Organized but every place has their problems. Casual acts of improper management within certain managers
It was like one big family
Cashier, Bartender, Hostess, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 March 2013
A typical day at work would be to show up on time with a smile on your face and ready to meet your guests needs. I learned that even after being there for five years I didn't have much seniority, they base seniority on age. The older you are the more it will be easier to get what you're asking for (shift wise). The hardest part of my job was trying to get some weekends off. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I developed with my co-workers.
Pros
management team was professional
Cons
hard to get weekends off
fun place to work
Certified Grill Master/Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  toronto18 March 2013
learned how to garnish meals according to company guidelines
Pros
able to develope culinary skills within the company
good job
broiler/ dish pit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2013
Id keep my station cleaned an stocked.
deep fry. broiler.
it was not to bad but they need to actually lessen to their employes.
Food Prep And Dishwasher
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2013
Preparing Food For The Day.
Keeping Up With Clean Dishes.
Keeping Inventory On Food For The Week
Making Sure The Front House Is Cleean Before They Open
Great Company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2013
- Very busy
- Learned lots of communication Skills
- Liked and Disliked some of my co workers however for the most part it was like a big family
- The hours werent very convenient
- Social aspect of socializing with everyone at work
Pros
50% off on days of work
Cons
not enough hours, cut often after 3-4 hours
Good place to work, with some issues.
Dish Washer (Utility) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2013
The work can be overwhelming when you first start off but you quickly get the hang of it after a month or two. The people you work with are all kind and fun making each time you work that much more enjoyable. The hours can be unreliable though as they tend to either over hire or under schedule making it difficult to "make ends meat" at times.

Management will often do what they can to give you enough hours, though you have to ask for it as they prefer to give it to those who want it. If you're a family person they can usually work around your schedule so you have holidays and the sort off, which is nice.

The job itself is very stressful. When it gets busy you are often told to do multiple jobs at once while under staffed. And rather than getting everyone's full support and co-operation, you will find most people would rather bump heads, making work very difficult and almost impossible to focus on the task at hand.
Pros
discounted food, great people.
Cons
unreliable hours, advancement is rare.
Absolutely Amazing!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 December 2012
I loved working for Red Lobster, the training program was awesome, the management was superb, they would hop in to help whenever we were busy, always supportive and accomodating. The co-workers were tons of fun, work was always a blast even when we had a two hour standing line! The only difficulty I would mention would be that its customer service... you get jerks in every once in a while.
Pros
50% off food when you're on shift, i think 25% off food with up to 7 people when you come in for dinner
Excellent place to work, great co-workers.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  brantford ontario13 December 2012
Along with doing dishes i did prep work. This job can be stressfull do to the high amounts business Red Lobster receives. Management is really great, there is 3 of them which are assigned to each part of the establishment.
Pros
job security, discounts on the great food!
Cons
not enough hours
great food ,great benefits,great management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ,Ont.30 September 2012
loved working there ,pay was good,great benefits and manegement was always fair and very caring about each individual
Pros
good money, great hours
not my favorite
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2012
Although it wasn't my favourite job, i have good memories and enjoyed most days.
Good place to work but not enough hours
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 August 2012
My co-workers are very nice, typical day would be constantly on your feet, Management is good.
Pros
50 % off if you are working and 25% when i bring in family
Cons
short hours
Red Lobster Enviroment
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2012
I enjoy working at Red Lobster. I've learned how to work well independently and as a team.
Serveuse
Cage aux sports (Ste-Thérèse), serveuse (Former Employee) –  Ste-Thérèse4 January 2014
je travaillais de soir et fin de semaine; il s'agissait d'un complément au salaire familial. J'étais très à l'aise avec la clientèle, mes collègues et je suis capable de travailler sous pression.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
horaire de 4 à 6 hres par soir