Red Lobster Employee Reviews

excellent benefits
Production and Baker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 December 2013
i started out a t red lobster as a high school co op. i liked everyone i worked with and got hired in the new year of 2013. after working for about 4 months i started to get agitated with co workers. some co workers i got along with and could call team players, but others would just talk behind your back or treat you like dirt. management was okay. i highly enjoyed my general manager until she left on maternity leave. the benefits are great but icould not get on them because you have to work a maximum of over 20 hours a week and they did not give much hours.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
co workers, poor management, hours.
Good olde Red
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2013
Everyday is a new day there. There's nothing typical about Red Lobster with new clientele every hour or two. I love my job there... you meet new people, take on their day and issues for the time being. My co-workers are amazing and everyone will help out and management is the same, they are their to work around any schedule that needs be. I've been there almost 8 yrs. and we're like a family. Its a great place to work. You do have bad days but that's at any place of employment.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 September 2014
• Efficiently used dish washing equipment to clean used dishes
• Ensured the cleanliness of washed dishes and rewashed if needed
• Securely stacked dried dishes to storage locations
• Assisted with kitchen preparations when needed
• Stocked kitchen and dining area supplies
• Emptied trash cans and moved garbage to waste collection
• Unloaded supply trucks and stored inventory on shelves, refrigerator and freezer
Very fast paced restaurant with a lot of good workers and managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2013
I learned the difference between rock lobster and maritime lobster and how to distinguish the female from male and that the female meat is more tender and has a sweeter taste.

The management was great very supportive.

The hardest part of that job was not smiling.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making the customer smile and watching them leave happy.
Pros
50% off all food items
Cons
There were non.
hard, repetitive work but teaches a useful lesson
utility worker, trainer, baker (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario12 March 2015
a typical day starts either cleaning up the mess that the person that opened left behind or the mess that the people that closed left behind.

I learned how to rely solely on myself and not expect much help from coworkers or management. I learned how to successfully manage my time, and not let the piling up of work stress me out.

Management primarily cares about how many labour hours they are going over instead of helping the workers they have during a shift.

Having to work with a bunch of kinds who just want to hang out and make money and not care about if they do a good job.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no matter how fast you go or how well you do, you're going to have to do the exact same thing in a minute or two.

The most enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Pros
Cons
incompetent coworkers
Great co workers but it`s managers vs employees.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2013
Work is high energy and I almost never didn`t want to go to work. I moved up fast especially for it being my first time working in that setting. My co workers were the best part of my job. There wasn`t a day I didn`t laugh.
The only con is the management. There a huge barrier between the two sets of people and not a lot of communication. I lost my job due to a manager going out of his way to have me fired. They pressured me into quitting saying if I chose to be fired instead I could never use them as a reference but it I quit they would gladly give me a good one.
I should`ve let them fire me so I could fight it.
ANYWAYS, use wise judement but be careful. You might lose your job if you stand up for your co workers to a boss that runs his mouth about everyone.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
rude managers
Overall a good environment.
Prep Cook/Production/Baker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 September 2015
I started off where I was needed as a dishwasher, advanced within 3 months to the production position where they utilized my abilities to have a more productive work day.

My co-workers where very supportive and loved the fact that I would bounce around to help every position as needed and gave me the same respect.

The management changed over the course of my employment in which at one point I was doing the kitchen managers job at night. (helping with the order, doing the food counts and closing the back section of the kitchen) It was not asked of me to do this however we lost two of the best managers at the same time while the third was on vacation. When I stepped up, little was done to compensate my extra efforts and though it was appreciated it was hardly vocalized to me.

My fellow employees were grateful for my work ethic and willingness to help keep things a float while management had time to sort itself out.
Pros
Great staff, good enviroment
Cons
Unexpected overtime, misinformed job duties.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Very busy
where things go in the restaurant
management was good
my co-workers were good
trying to get the job done
just being there at work
Pros
NO FREE FOOD
Cons
JUST THE RIGHT HOURS
Very fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2015
• Greet arriving guests with welcoming attitude
• Answered phone calls and left messages with professional and courteous manner
• Provide appropriate seating arrangements with managing availability and waitlist
• Make reservation arrangements and setting up tables together to accommodate the guests
with timely manner
My experience with red lobster
Host (Current Employee) –  Regina21 November 2014
when i started working at red lobster i loved it and then the managers got very rude and the other host' were very bossy and did not care much about other co workers wether they were having trouble doing something they tell them to do it anyways. I used to get 4 shifts a week and we hired a bunch of new hosts and now i get 1.
Cons
Not enough hours
waste ot time!!
Host (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK.12 March 2014
I applied for the Host postion at the Saskatoon location of Red Lobster online, I then received an email to call the Saskatoon location for an interview, I then had TWO interviews and I expected to get a call back, NOTHING HAPPENED!!
Pros
clean restaurant, friendly servers
Cons
rude management, not even nice enough to call back about getting the postion or not
Its nice place to work. Needs a big improvement in higher management
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2014
I had good experience in Red Lobster. Nice exposure to inventory management and cost control. Co-workers are very nice, love to work with them.
Hardest part of job is work-life balance, career advancement and not fair treatment from higher management.
Excellent place to work, great co-workers.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  brantford ontario13 December 2012
Along with doing dishes i did prep work. This job can be stressfull do to the high amounts business Red Lobster receives. Management is really great, there is 3 of them which are assigned to each part of the establishment.
Pros
job security, discounts on the great food!
Cons
not enough hours
A great learning experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2013
A typical day at Red Lobster would be, you come in to your shift clock in, if its not busy when you first start you typically stock so when it does get busy you'll have all the things you need. When everything is stocked your serving shift goes by a lot smoother. The thing that I've learned the most is "the customer is always right" no matter what the situation is you give them what they want, with the mangers approval that is. The management is pretty good, most of them are well educated and know a lot about the company and the hospitality industry. The co-workers are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. The hardest part of the job I have to say is the schedule and the hours because nothing is guaranteed, I would love to have a set and steady schedule without worrying about my hours being cut. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, that I will always enjoy.
Pros
Talking to new people everyday.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great Company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2013
- Very busy
- Learned lots of communication Skills
- Liked and Disliked some of my co workers however for the most part it was like a big family
- The hours werent very convenient
- Social aspect of socializing with everyone at work
Pros
50% off on days of work
Cons
not enough hours, cut often after 3-4 hours
Good
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 October 2015
it is a good place to work, they treat you good and the safety procedures are always taken seriously so diners always get the best food.
Red lobster is bad.
Line Cook/ Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb30 November 2014
Poorly run, hours severely vary, constantly under pressure to perform amazingly with low staff. other than that the coworkers are great, i learned how to cook the best part of the job is when you finally clock out...
Pros
n/a
Cons
few hours
Good place to work, with some issues.
Dish Washer (Utility) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2013
The work can be overwhelming when you first start off but you quickly get the hang of it after a month or two. The people you work with are all kind and fun making each time you work that much more enjoyable. The hours can be unreliable though as they tend to either over hire or under schedule making it difficult to "make ends meat" at times.

Management will often do what they can to give you enough hours, though you have to ask for it as they prefer to give it to those who want it. If you're a family person they can usually work around your schedule so you have holidays and the sort off, which is nice.

The job itself is very stressful. When it gets busy you are often told to do multiple jobs at once while under staffed. And rather than getting everyone's full support and co-operation, you will find most people would rather bump heads, making work very difficult and almost impossible to focus on the task at hand.
Pros
discounted food, great people.
Cons
unreliable hours, advancement is rare.
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warden & Sheppard18 October 2013
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster previously the staff was very friendly and they were very acceptable to any changes in scheduling if I required it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Long Hours
Would not recomend working here
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2015
Your schedule is very unstable.
The management is pretty good and helpful.
Can't leave you stuff unattended it will get stolen.
Fun and get to meet a lot of interesting people.