Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Very fast paced restaurant with a lot of good workers and managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2013
I learned the difference between rock lobster and maritime lobster and how to distinguish the female from male and that the female meat is more tender and has a sweeter taste.

The management was great very supportive.

The hardest part of that job was not smiling.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making the customer smile and watching them leave happy.
Pros
50% off all food items
Cons
There were non.
waste ot time!!
Host (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK.12 March 2014
I applied for the Host postion at the Saskatoon location of Red Lobster online, I then received an email to call the Saskatoon location for an interview, I then had TWO interviews and I expected to get a call back, NOTHING HAPPENED!!
Pros
clean restaurant, friendly servers
Cons
rude management, not even nice enough to call back about getting the postion or not
Good Teamwork regardless of nationality and great communication with each and everyone!
Server (Current Employee) –  Arabella, Salwa Kuwait5 January 2014
Starting shift with what we call "Lobster Talk" where we talk about things to do on that shift and opening matters with the team and resolving issues on the past shift.

I have learned too much with in this career, being far from my previous job i have, it's a leg work which requires most of actions and to think and resolve problems within a duty. I've learned as well to have a great camaraderie with the team despite of having three nationalities at once. And being able to become more responsible and more matured enough to handle on almost everything as much as I can.

The hardest part of my job is when I have a local guest(kuwait) having them as my guest not all but mostly give me headache, getting their orders and even pointing out the pictures with them clarifying everything on that food, but once it serve then they started to make a trouble like its not the one they ordered, even if its almost half empty, and saying something not good on the food and change this and that, and a lots of special instructions which you will know upon the food is serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when my guest leaves happily and seeing them worth it on the food thye eat and the service I give.
Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
Fun work , love dealing with customers, handling cash and credit/debit payments is what i enjoy the most, related to my future career .
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 February 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided good compensation and benefits. It was a stressful work environment but rewarding at the same time.
productive
Receptionist / Host (Current Employee) –  Kuwait12 January 2015
Nice environment. All my co-workers are career oriented and well disciplined.
Pros
food allowance; free accommodation ; free transportation
Good
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 October 2015
it is a good place to work, they treat you good and the safety procedures are always taken seriously so diners always get the best food.
Fast paced industry, but fun.
Alley Co-Ordinator, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 March 2015
Really busy industry and location. The employees were great, good work atmosphere. Management was incredible and professional , like a family
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warden & Sheppard18 October 2013
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster previously the staff was very friendly and they were very acceptable to any changes in scheduling if I required it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Long Hours
A great place to work, tight knit staff, fast paced, ECT
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 February 2014
A typical day at work would consist of checking in the servers and making sure they are ready to start and I know what section they are in. Counting the till down and getting it ready for either the night shift or the next day. My job is to keep the lobby clean and our hostess area neat, tidy and the seating chart easy to follow. As guest come in my job is to greet them, and then promptly seat then at a table. Answering the phone, taking take out orders and preparing them, ECT

Over the almost five years I have been at Red lobster I have learned to be a team player, work under stress and in a fast pace environment. Great people skills, how to keep organize, how to strike up a conversation, memorization skills and so much more.

It was always a pleasure to work with the management staff they were helpful, understanding, upbeat and kind. They made it easy to go to work and I looked forward to working all of my shifts. They were always willing to help and if you made a mistake they kindly corrected you, so that you would know for next time.

My co-works were more life a family then just a staff, from the first day I started at Red Lobster they gave me a warm welcome. I always got along with everyone and help when I could as they did the same. They were hard works and we all always focused on the task at hand (giving A+ service) as a team. We worked as one, not individuals. Things always ran more smoothly this way. In the end they always made me look forward to go to work.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job was trying to stay clam and not get stressed out on the
  more... nights we went into a waiting line. As some people could be impatient and antsy making it harder not to get stressed out.

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the job, I always liked seeing our guest happy as they left. Red Lobster is a really great place to work overall.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
Somedays you would work long hours if guest came in right before close.
Busy, fun workplace with great team members!!
Hostess/Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2015
Hostess Duties:
● Enhanced customer experience by greeting guests
● Managing the front desk by answering all phone calls
● Providing great customer service
● Seating Guests
● Completing necessary cleaning duties at the end of the night
● Taking and organizing reservations

Servers Assistant Duties:
● Providing help to the assigned server for the night
● Walking food from the kitchen to tables
● Making salads
● Dropping off beverages
● Cleaning the table once it turns
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Holidays are extremely busy
Would not recomend working here
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2015
Your schedule is very unstable.
The management is pretty good and helpful.
Can't leave you stuff unattended it will get stolen.
Fun and get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Fast phase job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2014
My duties are to assemble orders and it is very important that the plating meets the company standards including the guest expectations. Also, I'm responsible for microwaving the right amount of time for the sauces and the sides such as broccolis, asparagus, green beans etc. If it is not done properly it can affect our guests health and condition, which makes my position play a valuable role at Red Lobster. Most important, not all our guest can tolerate shrimps, some are allergic to it. If we receive an order with an allergy, I must assemble with care and prevent cross contamination.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Interesting place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2015
I understand that making sure everything is clean and sanitary is one of the most important aspects of a kitchen and take my job very seriously.

• It is important to understand proper safety when working around food and when cleaning a kitchen and I have learned all proper food handling and cleaning procedures.

Every kitchen needs to have a staff that can work as a team for success. I know that my ability to work with others and to take direction would be an asset.
Pros
Worked with interesting people
Cons
physical
Productive workplace
Hostess & Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton,On10 November 2014
Co-workers work together, management team needs work supporting their staff more.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
not good organization
Fast-paced, friendly working environment
Host/Serving Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2013
The Red Lobster in Windsor is a great place to work; I have met so many new people, made friends, established relationships with regulars, and have had the opportunity to work on my personal skills needed for this type of work. I have learned skills such as those needed in dealing with an angry guest, how to make/keep a situation positive, respect, organization and an attention to detail. I am always on the go and making sure that my position helps my coworker's jobs run smoothly. It can be quite fun.
Pros
Interactive, social, enjoyable, easy
Cons
Lack of consistency
Good place to work but not enough hours
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 August 2012
My co-workers are very nice, typical day would be constantly on your feet, Management is good.
Pros
50 % off if you are working and 25% when i bring in family
Cons
short hours
great food ,great benefits,great management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ,Ont.30 September 2012
loved working there ,pay was good,great benefits and manegement was always fair and very caring about each individual
Pros
good money, great hours
Clean and fun to work at
Kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Edmoton Alberta9 May 2013
Very good comunity of the work place. Organized but every place has their problems. Casual acts of improper management within certain managers
Productive and Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2013
Red Lobster is one of the ideal jobs I've been looking so far.
It provides me the ideal time of work and gives me enough benefits on my daily expenses.