Red Lobster Employee Reviews

A day in the Life
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2015
At work, I will seat, clean and make sure the guests are overall happy with their experience at Red Lobster. I learned a lot from running into negative people, encountering new challenges and finding out new things about my co workers and myself. The hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and being told I am a hard worker.
Pros
Long hours, half off on yummy food, nice environment
Cons
Not fixing my weaknesses
A great learning experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2013
A typical day at Red Lobster would be, you come in to your shift clock in, if its not busy when you first start you typically stock so when it does get busy you'll have all the things you need. When everything is stocked your serving shift goes by a lot smoother. The thing that I've learned the most is "the customer is always right" no matter what the situation is you give them what they want, with the mangers approval that is. The management is pretty good, most of them are well educated and know a lot about the company and the hospitality industry. The co-workers are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. The hardest part of the job I have to say is the schedule and the hours because nothing is guaranteed, I would love to have a set and steady schedule without worrying about my hours being cut. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, that I will always enjoy.
Pros
Talking to new people everyday.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good place to work with a very diverse individual which makes it a unique but fun place to work
Alley coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Canada8 April 2015
A typical day at work would start with us(prep specialists) preparing all the needed things to start the day. This includes turning on the oven, making sure soups are put on the stove in order for it to be ready when the restaurant opens & making sure that the kitchen is in full working condition before eleven o'clock. Managers would be there to do some checklist to ensure all steps are not missed and done according to the company' standard. I have learned a lot when it comes to cooking and handling food so with other things that my co-workers share because some of them are not from here so we sometimes share things & culture considering I am not from Canada as well. The hardest part would be the rush hour and when we do not have enough food to cover those hours. One more thing would be someone calling in sick which makes the restaurants functioning capacity unstable. If we get through the day with no complains and with superb customer satisfaction then this would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
long travel time from work
It was like one big family
Cashier, Bartender, Hostess, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 March 2013
A typical day at work would be to show up on time with a smile on your face and ready to meet your guests needs. I learned that even after being there for five years I didn't have much seniority, they base seniority on age. The older you are the more it will be easier to get what you're asking for (shift wise). The hardest part of my job was trying to get some weekends off. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I developed with my co-workers.
Pros
management team was professional
Cons
hard to get weekends off
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warden & Sheppard18 October 2013
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster previously the staff was very friendly and they were very acceptable to any changes in scheduling if I required it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent place to work, great co-workers.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  brantford ontario13 December 2012
Along with doing dishes i did prep work. This job can be stressfull do to the high amounts business Red Lobster receives. Management is really great, there is 3 of them which are assigned to each part of the establishment.
Pros
job security, discounts on the great food!
Cons
not enough hours
productive
Receptionist / Host (Current Employee) –  Kuwait12 January 2015
Nice environment. All my co-workers are career oriented and well disciplined.
Pros
food allowance; free accommodation ; free transportation
Absolutely Amazing!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 December 2012
I loved working for Red Lobster, the training program was awesome, the management was superb, they would hop in to help whenever we were busy, always supportive and accomodating. The co-workers were tons of fun, work was always a blast even when we had a two hour standing line! The only difficulty I would mention would be that its customer service... you get jerks in every once in a while.
Pros
50% off food when you're on shift, i think 25% off food with up to 7 people when you come in for dinner
Co-workers were fast learners and cleanliness was a priority
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the work table as frequently as was necessary and dressing dishes with sauces and side entrees. I learned that cleanliness must be made priority. Management was understanding and co-workers were fast learners. Hardest part was learning the menu by heart and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with food.
Good olde Red
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2013
Everyday is a new day there. There's nothing typical about Red Lobster with new clientele every hour or two. I love my job there... you meet new people, take on their day and issues for the time being. My co-workers are amazing and everyone will help out and management is the same, they are their to work around any schedule that needs be. I've been there almost 8 yrs. and we're like a family. Its a great place to work. You do have bad days but that's at any place of employment.
Good
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 October 2015
it is a good place to work, they treat you good and the safety procedures are always taken seriously so diners always get the best food.
Good Teamwork regardless of nationality and great communication with each and everyone!
Server (Current Employee) –  Arabella, Salwa Kuwait5 January 2014
Starting shift with what we call "Lobster Talk" where we talk about things to do on that shift and opening matters with the team and resolving issues on the past shift.

I have learned too much with in this career, being far from my previous job i have, it's a leg work which requires most of actions and to think and resolve problems within a duty. I've learned as well to have a great camaraderie with the team despite of having three nationalities at once. And being able to become more responsible and more matured enough to handle on almost everything as much as I can.

The hardest part of my job is when I have a local guest(kuwait) having them as my guest not all but mostly give me headache, getting their orders and even pointing out the pictures with them clarifying everything on that food, but once it serve then they started to make a trouble like its not the one they ordered, even if its almost half empty, and saying something not good on the food and change this and that, and a lots of special instructions which you will know upon the food is serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when my guest leaves happily and seeing them worth it on the food thye eat and the service I give.
Very fast paced restaurant with a lot of good workers and managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2013
I learned the difference between rock lobster and maritime lobster and how to distinguish the female from male and that the female meat is more tender and has a sweeter taste.

The management was great very supportive.

The hardest part of that job was not smiling.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making the customer smile and watching them leave happy.
Pros
50% off all food items
Cons
There were non.
Busy, fun workplace with great team members!!
Hostess/Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2015
Hostess Duties:
● Enhanced customer experience by greeting guests
● Managing the front desk by answering all phone calls
● Providing great customer service
● Seating Guests
● Completing necessary cleaning duties at the end of the night
● Taking and organizing reservations

Servers Assistant Duties:
● Providing help to the assigned server for the night
● Walking food from the kitchen to tables
● Making salads
● Dropping off beverages
● Cleaning the table once it turns
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Holidays are extremely busy
Fast phase job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2014
My duties are to assemble orders and it is very important that the plating meets the company standards including the guest expectations. Also, I'm responsible for microwaving the right amount of time for the sauces and the sides such as broccolis, asparagus, green beans etc. If it is not done properly it can affect our guests health and condition, which makes my position play a valuable role at Red Lobster. Most important, not all our guest can tolerate shrimps, some are allergic to it. If we receive an order with an allergy, I must assemble with care and prevent cross contamination.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Fast-paced, friendly working environment
Host/Serving Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2013
The Red Lobster in Windsor is a great place to work; I have met so many new people, made friends, established relationships with regulars, and have had the opportunity to work on my personal skills needed for this type of work. I have learned skills such as those needed in dealing with an angry guest, how to make/keep a situation positive, respect, organization and an attention to detail. I am always on the go and making sure that my position helps my coworker's jobs run smoothly. It can be quite fun.
Pros
Interactive, social, enjoyable, easy
Cons
Lack of consistency
waste ot time!!
Host (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK.12 March 2014
I applied for the Host postion at the Saskatoon location of Red Lobster online, I then received an email to call the Saskatoon location for an interview, I then had TWO interviews and I expected to get a call back, NOTHING HAPPENED!!
Pros
clean restaurant, friendly servers
Cons
rude management, not even nice enough to call back about getting the postion or not
Interesting place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2015
I understand that making sure everything is clean and sanitary is one of the most important aspects of a kitchen and take my job very seriously.

• It is important to understand proper safety when working around food and when cleaning a kitchen and I have learned all proper food handling and cleaning procedures.

Every kitchen needs to have a staff that can work as a team for success. I know that my ability to work with others and to take direction would be an asset.
Pros
Worked with interesting people
Cons
physical
Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
Fun work , love dealing with customers, handling cash and credit/debit payments is what i enjoy the most, related to my future career .
fun workplace, engaging fun staff
Utility (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON28 May 2013
A typical day in dish starts by having to clean bathrooms, the lobby floor, and the dining room floor, and then finally by tossing out the previous night's garbage. It's then to the dish pit till the evening shift people come in to relieve you, during this time you wash everything that comes into the pit, as well as putting the dishes and other washes items away. Evening shift comes in around 5pm and takes over washing/scrubbing and putting away the dishes. The evening dish crew is also responsible for at least one garbage run, and closing the dish pit at the end of the night, by disassembling the wash machine and cleaning the floors, leaving the area clean for the mornings.

To myself the hardest part of the job was having to either handle 200 degree plates as they exit the machine, or having to scrub all the shrimp bowls. What i found most enjoyable was my co-workers within the pit, and their individual antics that made the shift go by so much quicker, i also enjoyed the ability to work somewhat at my own pace, and not having to worry about the what was going on in the rest of the kitchen
Pros
25% off staff meals, friendly outgoing staff
Cons
very wet environment in the pit, usually last to leave