Red Lobster
1,140 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Clean and fun to work at
Kitchen worker (Former Employee), Edmoton AlbertaMay 9, 2013
Very good comunity of the work place. Organized but every place has their problems. Casual acts of improper management within certain managers
It was like one big family
Cashier, Bartender, Hostess, Waitress (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: management team was professional
Cons: hard to get weekends off
A typical day at work would be to show up on time with a smile on your face and ready to meet your guests needs. I learned that even after being there for five years I didn't have much seniority, they base seniority on age. The older you are the more it will be easier to get what you're asking for (shift wise). The hardest part of my job was trying – more... to get some weekends off. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I developed with my co-workers. – less
fun place to work
Certified Grill Master/Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), torontoMarch 18, 2013
Pros: able to develope culinary skills within the company
learned how to garnish meals according to company guidelines
good job
broiler/ dish pit (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
Id keep my station cleaned an stocked.
deep fry. broiler.
it was not to bad but they need to actually lessen to their employes.
Food Prep And Dishwasher
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Preparing Food For The Day.
Keeping Up With Clean Dishes.
Keeping Inventory On Food For The Week
Making Sure The Front House Is Cleean Before They Open
Great Company
Hostess (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: 50% off on days of work
Cons: not enough hours, cut often after 3-4 hours
- Very busy
- Learned lots of communication Skills
- Liked and Disliked some of my co workers however for the most part it was like a big family
- The hours werent very convenient
- Social aspect of socializing with everyone at work
Good place to work, with some issues.
Dish Washer (Utility) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: discounted food, great people.
Cons: unreliable hours, advancement is rare.
The work can be overwhelming when you first start off but you quickly get the hang of it after a month or two. The people you work with are all kind and fun making each time you work that much more enjoyable. The hours can be unreliable though as they tend to either over hire or under schedule making it difficult to "make ends meat" at times.

Management – more... will often do what they can to give you enough hours, though you have to ask for it as they prefer to give it to those who want it. If you're a family person they can usually work around your schedule so you have holidays and the sort off, which is nice.

The job itself is very stressful. When it gets busy you are often told to do multiple jobs at once while under staffed. And rather than getting everyone's full support and co-operation, you will find most people would rather bump heads, making work very difficult and almost impossible to focus on the task at hand. – less
Absolutely Amazing!
Bartender (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 14, 2012
Pros: 50% off food when you're on shift, i think 25% off food with up to 7 people when you come in for dinner
I loved working for Red Lobster, the training program was awesome, the management was superb, they would hop in to help whenever we were busy, always supportive and accomodating. The co-workers were tons of fun, work was always a blast even when we had a two hour standing line! The only difficulty I would mention would be that its customer service... – more... you get jerks in every once in a while. – less
Excellent place to work, great co-workers.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), brantford ontarioDecember 13, 2012
Pros: job security, discounts on the great food!
Cons: not enough hours
Along with doing dishes i did prep work. This job can be stressfull do to the high amounts business Red Lobster receives. Management is really great, there is 3 of them which are assigned to each part of the establishment.
great food ,great benefits,great management
Waitress (Former Employee), Ottawa ,Ont.September 30, 2012
Pros: good money, great hours
loved working there ,pay was good,great benefits and manegement was always fair and very caring about each individual
not my favorite
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2012
Although it wasn't my favourite job, i have good memories and enjoyed most days.
Good place to work but not enough hours
Hostess (Current Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 17, 2012
Pros: 50 % off if you are working and 25% when i bring in family
Cons: short hours
My co-workers are very nice, typical day would be constantly on your feet, Management is good.
Red Lobster Enviroment
Server (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2012
I enjoy working at Red Lobster. I've learned how to work well independently and as a team.
Calm high class restaurant to take your family to and enjoy a nice evening.
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: calm environment
I loved working at red lobster. Its calm, everyone was nice, the management is awesome, the staff is amazing and does make sure %100 guest satisfaction is reached.
Fun work place
Hostess/Server Assistant (Current Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 18, 2014
I enjoy going to work everyday, we are all like a big family. its fun I enjoy the fast pace enviroment
Great management
Service Professional/ Bartender (Current Employee), Roswell, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: 50% off of meals during shift 25 % discount on parties 10 or less so.
Cons: everyone is required to work weekends, no benefits or vacation pay unless you average 30 hours or more per week
I must say, this is one of the better jobs I have worked for. Benefits are great if you work enough hours to get and retain. Hours are flexible, and time-off is usually easy to get except during the holidays. A typical weekday/night is usually pretty slow and easy, staff is generally friendly and fun to work with. Of course there are always a few sticklers. – more... Weekends are generally busy and good money if you work as a Server or Bartender. Most people like to joke around and have fun at work, which provides both a relaxed and comfortable environment for the employees as well as the guests.

I have learned much from Red Lobster, namely it's a good job. I found this out the hard way when I went to work outside the company for a few weeks and experienced first-hand how horrible other jobs are. I have learned that the guests are the ones providing us with jobs and paying our bills and should always be treated with respect and dignity no matter how "difficult" they can be. Americans tend to be rich and spoiled, but most people are not rich and work hard for their money. We all work hard for our money, so when we spend it we like to feel appreciated. Most people are easy, but yes some folks can be extremely difficult, but hospitality is forte. Believe me, if you are able to make a difficult guest satisfied, they are usually overwhelmed with joy and happiness, and it's contagious they end up making you happy and sometimes cry . Of course, there are always a select few that take advantage of our kindness and hospitality, but I have learned to be the better person and make a point to kill them with kindness. I used to not believe in Karma, but what goes around comes around, I have seem it too many times.

As far as the Management goes, they are wonderful, so long as you care about your job they take care of you. Of course, they can be a big pain sometimes and get on everyone's nerves (employees), but they have a tough job to do and sometimes have to make tough decisions whether they want to or not. If it wasn't for the wonderful management team, I would not still be working here. They work harder than anyone else, and are forced to work the holidays with us. After working with the same managers for so many years, it's like being with my family on the holidays.

As far as co-workers go they are a mess. Most are good hard-working industrious people, but of course you always have the lazy-whinny unreliable sticklers. Of course the managers can't just fire the difficult ones that's unethical, but management does a wonderful job coaching and encouraging the sticklers to brighten-up and work harder. It works for most, but some just don't care and weed themselves out after being provided with opportunities to turn-around.

The hardest part of the job is getting slammed, crazy busy, unexpectedly, or expectantly just without time to properly set-up and prepare. What makes that so hard is that in situations like that we are usually understaffed and unprepared. The normal positive energy goes negative and everyone is running around bumping into each other and squabbling like siblings. We are like a giant family after all. It's also hard to deal with all the drama. No matter how hard you try to stay out of it, you always get sucked in. The more you avoid it, the worse it gets for you.

The most enjoyable part of this job is having both management and team members that care about your well-being. In event of an emergency, crew members usually step in and help out providing various forms of aid. Management is only allowed to provide certain types of aid such as providing time off providing financial assistance through Red Lobster's emergency fund. We all are like a big family, we tend to get on each others nerves, but for the most part every enjoys his/her job and we always try to have fun at work and provide a positive environment for both ourselves at the guests. – less
good
Alley Coordinator (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 14, 2014
good place to work especially if your still young trying to find your way.
Very good company to work for
Server (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCAugust 13, 2014
I have enjoyed my work experience wit Red Lobster but at the same time I need more money so thats why I am looking for another job
Great Work Experience
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: personal development, fun working environment
Cons: none come to mind
What I learned at Red Lobster...everything. Previous job was for a privately owned business. Red Lobster taught me the corporate structure, and made me the manager that I am today. It really focused on my personal development, while allowing to succeed at every position, and every location I worked at with the support of my supervisors.
Up beat place to work
Server (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 8, 2014
Very social type job. You always deal with customers face to face and need the best customer service to do this job. Can be a very fun job if you love people and get good at your job. The harder you work the more you make so you really get what you work for.

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more