Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Dead end job
Food prep specialist, line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2016
I didn't learn much as a culinary arts student from here because apart from the grill every thing else comes pretty much goes through a microwave or deep fryer, comes pre-made mostly with little to no effort the make these dishes. The food safety was terrible as employees wouldn't practice the proper procedures. They hire you in selling you a dream of a career and moving up but its really just your typical franchise restaurant where they make you work really hard for lo wages as possible. They even violate their own procedures from time to time.
Pros
50% discount at lunch time
Cons
Delayed raises, low wages, no seniority rules, etc
Great environment , great people
Manager - Beverage, Hospitality and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,Saskatoon and Winnipeg4 March 2016
difficult to find management willing to move out west, the most important day to day tasks were food safety policies and procedures and engaging the team
Pros
great training
Cons
difficult to find management willing to move out west
Friendly work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 May 2016
I like my job as a Server.
I have been here for 2 years now and I started out as a host, then trained to be a bartender and now I am serving.
Experienced
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
Gained experienced on how an international business is run. Had some really exceptional co workers to show me what the true meaning of team work.
Productive and an every day challenge. Never the same thing twice.
Certified Trainer, Server, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2015
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Very accomodating. I love taking care of guests who have not been to the Red Lobster and show them just wonderfully varied the menu is. Training LOVE IT. Absolutely enjoy taking a new server/new manager and showing them the "ropes" and seeing the excitement in their eyes as they learn. Guiding the servers, being a mentor. I love my job there.
Pros
Managers, co workers, guests
Cons
Allergic to seafood
Friendly and cooperative staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 November 2015
On an average day at work staff was always welcoming and friendly towards one another. The managers were always there to help when needed and always went above and beyond to ensure that the work environment was happy and friendly and to full success. Staff was always willing to jump in and help when seeing another coworker in need of help. Always enjoyed going into work and always felt welcomed there.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Red Lobster
Silverware Roller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2015
The servers made this a fun place to work at. Kitchen staff, which is where I was stationed, was a very close knit family. Everyone had a specific job and always helped you if you asked for it. If I had questions or needed help with learning a new tool or prep, I could be assured that they would always steer me in the right direction, both in the dining room or in the kitchen. Culinary Management was exceptionally patient and kind to me. GM was also understanding to my family's changes and needs. Although my job may have sounded "tedious" to some, I truly do love what I did, "Silverware Roller." I had also learned how to prep foods for serving individual meals. The idea of going to work and thinking you are doing the same thing is great but when asked if you want to learn something new, is even better! It doesn't mean I stop what I was doing, it just means adding on to what I have already learned.
Pros
25% off food
Cons
no set time
There were some good times
Certified Grill Master and Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2015
Very stressful environment but the pay was decent and for the most part everyone was amazing to work with. There were lots of times however that management wouldn't follow up on the core values provided to us by the Employer which caused a lot of drama amongst employees. The hardest part of the job would be the amount of volume at once with very few online.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Stressful and long days
Productive, fast paced invironment
Utility Worker and Baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
-Repetitive, exhausting, fast paced, sometimes slow, and quiet but also very productive and busy is what a typical day at work would be like.
-Learned to work independently, communicate well with others, be on time, work as a team overall, and get an idea of what a hardworking curriculum should be like.
-Management was reliable. Never a problem that wasn't fixed or taken care of and managers were always interested in listening to the employers.
-Co-workers were often times very nice and easy to work with. worked together as team and helped anyone that needed it.
-Hardest part of the job were in the evenings. sometimes never enough help to get dishes done or enough works in the back to help with produce so everyone had to help with they could to get everything done.
-Meeting new people, taking a break, and communicating well others during shifts.
Very friendly work environment, made you feel at home
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 November 2015
Good people, Good food, Great place to work, learned many great things that I can now take with me into this world and pursue something new.
Pros
Staff Discount 50% off
Cons
Advancement
A day in the Life
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2015
At work, I will seat, clean and make sure the guests are overall happy with their experience at Red Lobster. I learned a lot from running into negative people, encountering new challenges and finding out new things about my co workers and myself. The hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and being told I am a hard worker.
Pros
Long hours, half off on yummy food, nice environment
Cons
Not fixing my weaknesses
Great company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, Ontario25 August 2015
Nice company that cares for their employees. Excellent training for management. Standards are set so it makes it easier to understand responsibilities.
Pros
Paid Vacation, great benefits, food that you can be proud to serve.
Cons
Long hours, shift work, no time for family development.
Busy, fun workplace with great team members!!
Hostess/Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2015
Hostess Duties:
● Enhanced customer experience by greeting guests
● Managing the front desk by answering all phone calls
● Providing great customer service
● Seating Guests
● Completing necessary cleaning duties at the end of the night
● Taking and organizing reservations

Servers Assistant Duties:
● Providing help to the assigned server for the night
● Walking food from the kitchen to tables
● Making salads
● Dropping off beverages
● Cleaning the table once it turns
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Holidays are extremely busy
Interesting place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2015
I understand that making sure everything is clean and sanitary is one of the most important aspects of a kitchen and take my job very seriously.

• It is important to understand proper safety when working around food and when cleaning a kitchen and I have learned all proper food handling and cleaning procedures.

Every kitchen needs to have a staff that can work as a team for success. I know that my ability to work with others and to take direction would be an asset.
Pros
Worked with interesting people
Cons
physical
Co-workers were fast learners and cleanliness was a priority
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the work table as frequently as was necessary and dressing dishes with sauces and side entrees. I learned that cleanliness must be made priority. Management was understanding and co-workers were fast learners. Hardest part was learning the menu by heart and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with food.
Productive and fun, great working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  2501 8th St, E Saskatoon SK S7H OV430 June 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and management team. The atmosphere was always a positive one.
I learned many important this from this job, such as always have a smile on your face, when in doubt speak to the manager, but most of all have fun.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast phase job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2014
My duties are to assemble orders and it is very important that the plating meets the company standards including the guest expectations. Also, I'm responsible for microwaving the right amount of time for the sauces and the sides such as broccolis, asparagus, green beans etc. If it is not done properly it can affect our guests health and condition, which makes my position play a valuable role at Red Lobster. Most important, not all our guest can tolerate shrimps, some are allergic to it. If we receive an order with an allergy, I must assemble with care and prevent cross contamination.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Absolutely Amazing!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 December 2012
I loved working for Red Lobster, the training program was awesome, the management was superb, they would hop in to help whenever we were busy, always supportive and accomodating. The co-workers were tons of fun, work was always a blast even when we had a two hour standing line! The only difficulty I would mention would be that its customer service... you get jerks in every once in a while.
Pros
50% off food when you're on shift, i think 25% off food with up to 7 people when you come in for dinner
It was like one big family
Cashier, Bartender, Hostess, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 March 2013
A typical day at work would be to show up on time with a smile on your face and ready to meet your guests needs. I learned that even after being there for five years I didn't have much seniority, they base seniority on age. The older you are the more it will be easier to get what you're asking for (shift wise). The hardest part of my job was trying to get some weekends off. The most enjoyable part was the relationships I developed with my co-workers.
Pros
management team was professional
Cons
hard to get weekends off
Fast-paced, friendly working environment
Host/Serving Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2013
The Red Lobster in Windsor is a great place to work; I have met so many new people, made friends, established relationships with regulars, and have had the opportunity to work on my personal skills needed for this type of work. I have learned skills such as those needed in dealing with an angry guest, how to make/keep a situation positive, respect, organization and an attention to detail. I am always on the go and making sure that my position helps my coworker's jobs run smoothly. It can be quite fun.
Pros
Interactive, social, enjoyable, easy
Cons
Lack of consistency