Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Unreliable work source
Host / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Positive coworkers in an enjoyable environment. However, management was unreliable with constant changes in the managerial staff that were unwilling to accommodate with problems and compromises. Hours constantly fluctuated each week.
enjoyable and comfortable work environment
Server/Alley (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 May 2016
I enjoyed working at red lobster, and would like to again, staff and management were easy to get along with, the hardest part of the job was probably cleaning up at the end of the night but then again it was also relaxing knowing you put a good day of work in.
they wear an upbeet places to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2016
I would show up and help getting the kitchern ready for the day/evening and then we would get everthing heading and getting hot.
great boss
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 June 2016
fast paced working environment, very busy during rush hours and very good friendly boss. restaurant was very fun to work at while in school
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
very busy rushes
Red Lobster
Silverware Roller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2015
The servers made this a fun place to work at. Kitchen staff, which is where I was stationed, was a very close knit family. Everyone had a specific job and always helped you if you asked for it. If I had questions or needed help with learning a new tool or prep, I could be assured that they would always steer me in the right direction, both in the dining room or in the kitchen. Culinary Management was exceptionally patient and kind to me. GM was also understanding to my family's changes and needs. Although my job may have sounded "tedious" to some, I truly do love what I did, "Silverware Roller." I had also learned how to prep foods for serving individual meals. The idea of going to work and thinking you are doing the same thing is great but when asked if you want to learn something new, is even better! It doesn't mean I stop what I was doing, it just means adding on to what I have already learned.
Pros
25% off food
Cons
no set time
hard, repetitive work but teaches a useful lesson
utility worker, trainer, baker (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario12 March 2015
a typical day starts either cleaning up the mess that the person that opened left behind or the mess that the people that closed left behind.

I learned how to rely solely on myself and not expect much help from coworkers or management. I learned how to successfully manage my time, and not let the piling up of work stress me out.

Management primarily cares about how many labour hours they are going over instead of helping the workers they have during a shift.

Having to work with a bunch of kinds who just want to hang out and make money and not care about if they do a good job.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no matter how fast you go or how well you do, you're going to have to do the exact same thing in a minute or two.

The most enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Pros
Cons
incompetent coworkers
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 February 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided good compensation and benefits. It was a stressful work environment but rewarding at the same time.
great food ,great benefits,great management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ,Ont.30 September 2012
loved working there ,pay was good,great benefits and manegement was always fair and very caring about each individual
Pros
good money, great hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2013
Red Lobster is one of the ideal jobs I've been looking so far.
It provides me the ideal time of work and gives me enough benefits on my daily expenses.
Great environment , great people
Manager - Beverage, Hospitality and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,Saskatoon and Winnipeg4 March 2016
difficult to find management willing to move out west, the most important day to day tasks were food safety policies and procedures and engaging the team
Pros
great training
Cons
difficult to find management willing to move out west
Great co workers but it`s managers vs employees.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2013
Work is high energy and I almost never didn`t want to go to work. I moved up fast especially for it being my first time working in that setting. My co workers were the best part of my job. There wasn`t a day I didn`t laugh.
The only con is the management. There a huge barrier between the two sets of people and not a lot of communication. I lost my job due to a manager going out of his way to have me fired. They pressured me into quitting saying if I chose to be fired instead I could never use them as a reference but it I quit they would gladly give me a good one.
I should`ve let them fire me so I could fight it.
ANYWAYS, use wise judement but be careful. You might lose your job if you stand up for your co workers to a boss that runs his mouth about everyone.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
rude managers
Productive, fast paced invironment
Utility Worker and Baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
-Repetitive, exhausting, fast paced, sometimes slow, and quiet but also very productive and busy is what a typical day at work would be like.
-Learned to work independently, communicate well with others, be on time, work as a team overall, and get an idea of what a hardworking curriculum should be like.
-Management was reliable. Never a problem that wasn't fixed or taken care of and managers were always interested in listening to the employers.
-Co-workers were often times very nice and easy to work with. worked together as team and helped anyone that needed it.
-Hardest part of the job were in the evenings. sometimes never enough help to get dishes done or enough works in the back to help with produce so everyone had to help with they could to get everything done.
-Meeting new people, taking a break, and communicating well others during shifts.
Good place to work, with some issues.
Dish Washer (Utility) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2013
The work can be overwhelming when you first start off but you quickly get the hang of it after a month or two. The people you work with are all kind and fun making each time you work that much more enjoyable. The hours can be unreliable though as they tend to either over hire or under schedule making it difficult to "make ends meat" at times.

Management will often do what they can to give you enough hours, though you have to ask for it as they prefer to give it to those who want it. If you're a family person they can usually work around your schedule so you have holidays and the sort off, which is nice.

The job itself is very stressful. When it gets busy you are often told to do multiple jobs at once while under staffed. And rather than getting everyone's full support and co-operation, you will find most people would rather bump heads, making work very difficult and almost impossible to focus on the task at hand.
Pros
discounted food, great people.
Cons
unreliable hours, advancement is rare.
Friendly work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 May 2016
I like my job as a Server.
I have been here for 2 years now and I started out as a host, then trained to be a bartender and now I am serving.
Experienced
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
Gained experienced on how an international business is run. Had some really exceptional co workers to show me what the true meaning of team work.
Its nice place to work. Needs a big improvement in higher management
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2014
I had good experience in Red Lobster. Nice exposure to inventory management and cost control. Co-workers are very nice, love to work with them.
Hardest part of job is work-life balance, career advancement and not fair treatment from higher management.
Overall a good environment.
Prep Cook/Production/Baker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 September 2015
I started off where I was needed as a dishwasher, advanced within 3 months to the production position where they utilized my abilities to have a more productive work day.

My co-workers where very supportive and loved the fact that I would bounce around to help every position as needed and gave me the same respect.

The management changed over the course of my employment in which at one point I was doing the kitchen managers job at night. (helping with the order, doing the food counts and closing the back section of the kitchen) It was not asked of me to do this however we lost two of the best managers at the same time while the third was on vacation. When I stepped up, little was done to compensate my extra efforts and though it was appreciated it was hardly vocalized to me.

My fellow employees were grateful for my work ethic and willingness to help keep things a float while management had time to sort itself out.
Pros
Great staff, good enviroment
Cons
Unexpected overtime, misinformed job duties.
Workplace Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2014
A typical day at work usually starts with check-ins with managers where they inform us on product we may be low on or out of completely as well as check our uniforms to ensure we are in good working conditions.
While working at red lobster I have learnt time management with our pace of meal program along with learning to deal with different allergies and providing the guests with alternative solutions to make their experience just as enjoyable as the rest of their group.
The managers at Red Lobster are very approachable and able to assists if any issues arise that we, as servers, cannot deal with.
The co-workers are great, we all work together as a team on busy evening shifts to ensure that guests food is delivered when ready and nice and hot.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to move things along faster. ex, get food or alcoholic beverages out quicker.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize with the guests. There isn't a day that I do not learn something new from someone.
Pros
when we work we get 50% our lunch, when we don't work its 25%, this applies at all red lobster locations.
Cons
long hours, minimal time to sit and eat in between shifts
Productive and fun, great working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  2501 8th St, E Saskatoon SK S7H OV430 June 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and management team. The atmosphere was always a positive one.
I learned many important this from this job, such as always have a smile on your face, when in doubt speak to the manager, but most of all have fun.
Pros
Free lunches
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Very busy
where things go in the restaurant
management was good
my co-workers were good
trying to get the job done
just being there at work
Pros
NO FREE FOOD
Cons
JUST THE RIGHT HOURS

78%