Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Good
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 October 2015
it is a good place to work, they treat you good and the safety procedures are always taken seriously so diners always get the best food.
There were some good times
Certified Grill Master and Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2015
Very stressful environment but the pay was decent and for the most part everyone was amazing to work with. There were lots of times however that management wouldn't follow up on the core values provided to us by the Employer which caused a lot of drama amongst employees. The hardest part of the job would be the amount of volume at once with very few online.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Stressful and long days
Productive, fast paced invironment
Utility Worker and Baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
-Repetitive, exhausting, fast paced, sometimes slow, and quiet but also very productive and busy is what a typical day at work would be like.
-Learned to work independently, communicate well with others, be on time, work as a team overall, and get an idea of what a hardworking curriculum should be like.
-Management was reliable. Never a problem that wasn't fixed or taken care of and managers were always interested in listening to the employers.
-Co-workers were often times very nice and easy to work with. worked together as team and helped anyone that needed it.
-Hardest part of the job were in the evenings. sometimes never enough help to get dishes done or enough works in the back to help with produce so everyone had to help with they could to get everything done.
-Meeting new people, taking a break, and communicating well others during shifts.
Overall a good environment.
Prep Cook/Production/Baker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 September 2015
I started off where I was needed as a dishwasher, advanced within 3 months to the production position where they utilized my abilities to have a more productive work day.

My co-workers where very supportive and loved the fact that I would bounce around to help every position as needed and gave me the same respect.

The management changed over the course of my employment in which at one point I was doing the kitchen managers job at night. (helping with the order, doing the food counts and closing the back section of the kitchen) It was not asked of me to do this however we lost two of the best managers at the same time while the third was on vacation. When I stepped up, little was done to compensate my extra efforts and though it was appreciated it was hardly vocalized to me.

My fellow employees were grateful for my work ethic and willingness to help keep things a float while management had time to sort itself out.
Pros
Great staff, good enviroment
Cons
Unexpected overtime, misinformed job duties.
Great company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, Ontario25 August 2015
Nice company that cares for their employees. Excellent training for management. Standards are set so it makes it easier to understand responsibilities.
Pros
Paid Vacation, great benefits, food that you can be proud to serve.
Cons
Long hours, shift work, no time for family development.
Productive and fun, great working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  2501 8th St, E Saskatoon SK S7H OV430 June 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and management team. The atmosphere was always a positive one.
I learned many important this from this job, such as always have a smile on your face, when in doubt speak to the manager, but most of all have fun.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
Fun work , love dealing with customers, handling cash and credit/debit payments is what i enjoy the most, related to my future career .
Red Lobster
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2015
My experience with this company was bitter sweet. I enjoyed working with everyone, but there are various managers with different styles and it was rather frustrating trying to please all managers. What may be acceptable for one manager may not be acceptable for another.

A typical day would begin with changing the menus from dinner to lunch (and then lunch to dinner at 3:00 pm). Clean the bathrooms, lobster tank, and general host area. Greet guests as they walk in and quote accurate wait times. Walk guests to their tables and introduce the menus and new specials. At closing, I would have to clean up the bathrooms, lobster tank, trays, booster seats and baby seats, and lock the doors.

My co-workers were fantastic and very helpful. They made going into work that much more fun and enjoyable. The hardest part about the job would be calculating accurate wait times for our guests. Sometimes our calculations were off my 10-15 minutes, sometimes even longer, but it was not my favourite to inform guests that they had to wait longer for a table.

For the most part, I am grateful and appreciative for the opportunity and it was a stepping stone for my career.
A day in the Life
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2015
At work, I will seat, clean and make sure the guests are overall happy with their experience at Red Lobster. I learned a lot from running into negative people, encountering new challenges and finding out new things about my co workers and myself. The hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and being told I am a hard worker.
Pros
Long hours, half off on yummy food, nice environment
Cons
Not fixing my weaknesses
Good place to work with a very diverse individual which makes it a unique but fun place to work
Alley coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Canada8 April 2015
A typical day at work would start with us(prep specialists) preparing all the needed things to start the day. This includes turning on the oven, making sure soups are put on the stove in order for it to be ready when the restaurant opens & making sure that the kitchen is in full working condition before eleven o'clock. Managers would be there to do some checklist to ensure all steps are not missed and done according to the company' standard. I have learned a lot when it comes to cooking and handling food so with other things that my co-workers share because some of them are not from here so we sometimes share things & culture considering I am not from Canada as well. The hardest part would be the rush hour and when we do not have enough food to cover those hours. One more thing would be someone calling in sick which makes the restaurants functioning capacity unstable. If we get through the day with no complains and with superb customer satisfaction then this would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
long travel time from work
hard, repetitive work but teaches a useful lesson
utility worker, trainer, baker (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario12 March 2015
a typical day starts either cleaning up the mess that the person that opened left behind or the mess that the people that closed left behind.

I learned how to rely solely on myself and not expect much help from coworkers or management. I learned how to successfully manage my time, and not let the piling up of work stress me out.

Management primarily cares about how many labour hours they are going over instead of helping the workers they have during a shift.

Having to work with a bunch of kinds who just want to hang out and make money and not care about if they do a good job.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no matter how fast you go or how well you do, you're going to have to do the exact same thing in a minute or two.

The most enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Pros
Cons
incompetent coworkers
Very fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2015
• Greet arriving guests with welcoming attitude
• Answered phone calls and left messages with professional and courteous manner
• Provide appropriate seating arrangements with managing availability and waitlist
• Make reservation arrangements and setting up tables together to accommodate the guests
with timely manner
Fast paced industry, but fun.
Alley Co-Ordinator, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 March 2015
Really busy industry and location. The employees were great, good work atmosphere. Management was incredible and professional , like a family
Busy, fun workplace with great team members!!
Hostess/Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 February 2015
Hostess Duties:
● Enhanced customer experience by greeting guests
● Managing the front desk by answering all phone calls
● Providing great customer service
● Seating Guests
● Completing necessary cleaning duties at the end of the night
● Taking and organizing reservations

Servers Assistant Duties:
● Providing help to the assigned server for the night
● Walking food from the kitchen to tables
● Making salads
● Dropping off beverages
● Cleaning the table once it turns
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Holidays are extremely busy
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 February 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided good compensation and benefits. It was a stressful work environment but rewarding at the same time.
Co-workers were fast learners and cleanliness was a priority
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the work table as frequently as was necessary and dressing dishes with sauces and side entrees. I learned that cleanliness must be made priority. Management was understanding and co-workers were fast learners. Hardest part was learning the menu by heart and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with food.
Would not recomend working here
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2015
Your schedule is very unstable.
The management is pretty good and helpful.
Can't leave you stuff unattended it will get stolen.
Fun and get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Interesting place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2015
I understand that making sure everything is clean and sanitary is one of the most important aspects of a kitchen and take my job very seriously.

• It is important to understand proper safety when working around food and when cleaning a kitchen and I have learned all proper food handling and cleaning procedures.

Every kitchen needs to have a staff that can work as a team for success. I know that my ability to work with others and to take direction would be an asset.
Pros
Worked with interesting people
Cons
physical
productive
Receptionist / Host (Current Employee) –  Kuwait12 January 2015
Nice environment. All my co-workers are career oriented and well disciplined.
Pros
food allowance; free accommodation ; free transportation
Red lobster is bad.
Line Cook/ Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb30 November 2014
Poorly run, hours severely vary, constantly under pressure to perform amazingly with low staff. other than that the coworkers are great, i learned how to cook the best part of the job is when you finally clock out...
Pros
n/a
Cons
few hours