Red Lobster
1,104 reviews

Red Lobster Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Hostess (Former Employee), calgaryMay 15, 2014
good place,it was enjoyable and good team work,the best was my collagues very fun place
waste ot time!!
Host (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SK.March 12, 2014
Pros: clean restaurant, friendly servers
Cons: rude management, not even nice enough to call back about getting the postion or not
I applied for the Host postion at the Saskatoon location of Red Lobster online, I then received an email to call the Saskatoon location for an interview, I then had TWO interviews and I expected to get a call back, NOTHING HAPPENED!!
Fast paste , Fun work
Co-op program at South Collegiate Institute (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: rules
great place to work if you can keep up , fun people to get to know
A great place to work, tight knit staff, fast paced, ECT
HOSTESS (Current Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: 50% off while working
Cons: somedays you would work long hours if guest came in right before close.
A typical day at work would consist of checking in the servers and making sure they are ready to start and I know what section they are in. Counting the till down and getting it ready for either the night shift or the next day. My job is to keep the lobby clean and our hostess area neat, tidy and the seating chart easy to follow. As guest come in my – more... job is to greet them, and then promptly seat then at a table. Answering the phone, taking take out orders and preparing them, ECT

Over the almost five years I have been at Red lobster I have learned to be a team player, work under stress and in a fast pace environment. Great people skills, how to keep organize, how to strike up a conversation, memorization skills and so much more.

It was always a pleasure to work with the management staff they were helpful, understanding, upbeat and kind. They made it easy to go to work and I looked forward to working all of my shifts. They were always willing to help and if you made a mistake they kindly corrected you, so that you would know for next time.

My co-works were more life a family then just a staff, from the first day I started at Red Lobster they gave me a warm welcome. I always got along with everyone and help when I could as they did the same. They were hard works and we all always focused on the task at hand (giving A+ service) as a team. We worked as one, not individuals. Things always ran more smoothly this way. In the end they always made me look forward to go to work.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job was trying to stay clam and not get stressed out on the nights we went into a waiting line. As some people could be impatient and antsy making it harder not to get stressed out.

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the job, I always liked seeing our guest happy as they left. Red Lobster is a really great place to work overall. – less
good place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Fast- paced, customer service focused place of work. You feel like family there everyone works together in a team enviroment.
Darden as a whole could be a great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
Red Lobster as a brand and as past of the Canadian division certainly have a lot of challenges that make Red Lobster a very difficult place to work.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Piqua, OHJanuary 12, 2014
Was a great restaurant to work for, although the fast times did find us a little unprepared.
Good Teamwork regardless of nationality and great communication with each and everyone!
Server (Current Employee), Arabella, Salwa KuwaitJanuary 5, 2014
Starting shift with what we call "Lobster Talk" where we talk about things to do on that shift and opening matters with the team and resolving issues on the past shift.

I have learned too much with in this career, being far from my previous job i have, it's a leg work which requires most of actions and to think and resolve problems within a duty. I've – more... learned as well to have a great camaraderie with the team despite of having three nationalities at once. And being able to become more responsible and more matured enough to handle on almost everything as much as I can.

The hardest part of my job is when I have a local guest(kuwait) having them as my guest not all but mostly give me headache, getting their orders and even pointing out the pictures with them clarifying everything on that food, but once it serve then they started to make a trouble like its not the one they ordered, even if its almost half empty, and saying something not good on the food and change this and that, and a lots of special instructions which you will know upon the food is serve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when my guest leaves happily and seeing them worth it on the food thye eat and the service I give. – less
Its nice place to work. Needs a big improvement in higher management
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2014
I had good experience in Red Lobster. Nice exposure to inventory management and cost control. Co-workers are very nice, love to work with them.
Hardest part of job is work-life balance, career advancement and not fair treatment from higher management.
excellent benefits
Production and Baker (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: co workers, poor management, hours.
i started out a t red lobster as a high school co op. i liked everyone i worked with and got hired in the new year of 2013. after working for about 4 months i started to get agitated with co workers. some co workers i got along with and could call team players, but others would just talk behind your back or treat you like dirt. management was okay. – more... i highly enjoyed my general manager until she left on maternity leave. the benefits are great but icould not get on them because you have to work a maximum of over 20 hours a week and they did not give much hours. – less
A great learning experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2013
Pros: talking to new people everyday.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day at Red Lobster would be, you come in to your shift clock in, if its not busy when you first start you typically stock so when it does get busy you'll have all the things you need. When everything is stocked your serving shift goes by a lot smoother. The thing that I've learned the most is "the customer is always right" no matter what the – more... situation is you give them what they want, with the mangers approval that is. The management is pretty good, most of them are well educated and know a lot about the company and the hospitality industry. The co-workers are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. The hardest part of the job I have to say is the schedule and the hours because nothing is guaranteed, I would love to have a set and steady schedule without worrying about my hours being cut. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, that I will always enjoy. – less
Cleaning
Busser (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 6, 2013
I would be cleaning tables and set tables and clear dishes. Also I would clean the bathrooms
waiter
Waiter (Former Employee), America, PittsburghNovember 26, 2013
Pros: medium pay, relaxing environment, improving people skills
Cons: very stressful despite the relaxing environment
order and severe menu,food,drinks , interact with consumers ,understanding what they crave or likes to eat , understand and recommend dishes that would be best for their taste. entertain and greet customers with passion . best part is the tips they leave depending on how well you served them.
Fast-paced, friendly working environment
Host/Serving Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 11, 2013
Pros: interactive, social, enjoyable, easy
Cons: lack of consistency
The Red Lobster in Windsor is a great place to work; I have met so many new people, made friends, established relationships with regulars, and have had the opportunity to work on my personal skills needed for this type of work. I have learned skills such as those needed in dealing with an angry guest, how to make/keep a situation positive, respect, – more... organization and an attention to detail. I am always on the go and making sure that my position helps my coworker's jobs run smoothly. It can be quite fun. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), Warden & SheppardOctober 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working at Red Lobster previously the staff was very friendly and they were very acceptable to any changes in scheduling if I required it.
Great co workers but it`s managers vs employees.
Bartender (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: cheap food
Cons: rude managers
Work is high energy and I almost never didn`t want to go to work. I moved up fast especially for it being my first time working in that setting. My co workers were the best part of my job. There wasn`t a day I didn`t laugh.
The only con is the management. There a huge barrier between the two sets of people and not a lot of communication. I lost my job – more... due to a manager going out of his way to have me fired. They pressured me into quitting saying if I chose to be fired instead I could never use them as a reference but it I quit they would gladly give me a good one.
I should`ve let them fire me so I could fight it.
ANYWAYS, use wise judement but be careful. You might lose your job if you stand up for your co workers to a boss that runs his mouth about everyone. – less
Good olde Red
Server (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Everyday is a new day there. There's nothing typical about Red Lobster with new clientele every hour or two. I love my job there... you meet new people, take on their day and issues for the time being. My co-workers are amazing and everyone will help out and management is the same, they are their to work around any schedule that needs be. I've been – more... there almost 8 yrs. and we're like a family. Its a great place to work. You do have bad days but that's at any place of employment. – less
Very fast paced restaurant with a lot of good workers and managers
Server (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: 50% off all food items
Cons: there were non.
I learned the difference between rock lobster and maritime lobster and how to distinguish the female from male and that the female meat is more tender and has a sweeter taste.

The management was great very supportive.

The hardest part of that job was not smiling.

The most enjoyable part of this job was making the customer smile and watching them – more... leave happy. – less
Great first job.
Hostess (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 17, 2013
I learned many different communication skills, and how to be able to work in a fast pace environment.
I loved working with the guests, and being able to stay organized.
Good job
Server (Former Employee), calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
good and easy to do job that pays well and has good hours, you leave smelling like fish though.

1 2 3 4 5

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more