Red Lobster Employee Reviews

High-energy, positive work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
My experience at Red Lobster has been a positive one. I've been working with the company for a year as a server and truly appreciate all I've learned since then. The focus at Red Lobster is on guest satisfaction, so the importance of ensuring the customer / client its happy has become somewhat ingrained in me. The management is fair, fun and approachable. My co-workers are a mixed bag, but it is a family; the Red Lobster family. The hardest part of my job is winding down after a long day, and the most enjoyable part of my job is watching a table of guests leave the restaurant with smiles on their faces, knowing I gave them the best service possible!
High paced fun job with a lot of people to socialize with
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 November 2016
Most enjoyable are the people you work with. Very friendly, hard working and reliable during a shift. Would highly recommend.
Good
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
good communication with colleagues always working as a team

great place to work long hours Dishewashers assistant cook good waiters tips ...
Loved this job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
The longer I worked with red lobster the better the atmosphere got, I was able to grow within the company to work more if I wanted to, lots of training and really friendly people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift work
Great place to work , if you don't have much responsibilities
Culinary professional (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2016
Very unorganized, management team is always changing. Staff gets along great. Service is always good even with complications. Pay in low and unreasonable. Not for someone with young children.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
unorganized
An enjoyable place to work, friendly staff and guests.
Host (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2016
You greet guests as they arrive and show them to a table, forming a guest connection. I have learned how the Front of House works in a restaurant environment. There were Management heads for each department as well as a General Manager. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was the guests, they were from all walks of life and all had a unique and memorable story. The regulars became friends.
Pros
Friendly environment with great co-workers and guests.
Cons
Not able to get full time hours.
red lobster is a fun and relaxed place to work
Back of house kitchen prep and expediter (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 July 2016
the environment at red lobster can be fast paced, but can be rather relaxed and still fun. For the most part the managers were excellent. However, some of them were extremely difficult to work with and did nothing but make your job harder.
they wear an upbeet places to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2016
I would show up and help getting the kitchern ready for the day/evening and then we would get everthing heading and getting hot.
great boss
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 June 2016
fast paced working environment, very busy during rush hours and very good friendly boss. restaurant was very fun to work at while in school
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
very busy rushes
Unreliable work source
Host / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Positive coworkers in an enjoyable environment. However, management was unreliable with constant changes in the managerial staff that were unwilling to accommodate with problems and compromises. Hours constantly fluctuated each week.
enjoyable and comfortable work environment
Server/Alley (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 May 2016
I enjoyed working at red lobster, and would like to again, staff and management were easy to get along with, the hardest part of the job was probably cleaning up at the end of the night but then again it was also relaxing knowing you put a good day of work in.
Friendly work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 May 2016
I like my job as a Server.
I have been here for 2 years now and I started out as a host, then trained to be a bartender and now I am serving.
Experienced
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
Gained experienced on how an international business is run. Had some really exceptional co workers to show me what the true meaning of team work.
Great environment , great people
Manager - Beverage, Hospitality and Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,Saskatoon and Winnipeg4 March 2016
difficult to find management willing to move out west, the most important day to day tasks were food safety policies and procedures and engaging the team
Pros
great training
Cons
difficult to find management willing to move out west
Dead end job
Food prep specialist, line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2016
I didn't learn much as a culinary arts student from here because apart from the grill every thing else comes pretty much goes through a microwave or deep fryer, comes pre-made mostly with little to no effort the make these dishes. The food safety was terrible as employees wouldn't practice the proper procedures. They hire you in selling you a dream of a career and moving up but its really just your typical franchise restaurant where they make you work really hard for lo wages as possible. They even violate their own procedures from time to time.
Pros
50% discount at lunch time
Cons
Delayed raises, low wages, no seniority rules, etc
Very friendly work environment, made you feel at home
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 November 2015
Good people, Good food, Great place to work, learned many great things that I can now take with me into this world and pursue something new.
Pros
Staff Discount 50% off
Cons
Advancement
Red Lobster
Silverware Roller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2015
The servers made this a fun place to work at. Kitchen staff, which is where I was stationed, was a very close knit family. Everyone had a specific job and always helped you if you asked for it. If I had questions or needed help with learning a new tool or prep, I could be assured that they would always steer me in the right direction, both in the dining room or in the kitchen. Culinary Management was exceptionally patient and kind to me. GM was also understanding to my family's changes and needs. Although my job may have sounded "tedious" to some, I truly do love what I did, "Silverware Roller." I had also learned how to prep foods for serving individual meals. The idea of going to work and thinking you are doing the same thing is great but when asked if you want to learn something new, is even better! It doesn't mean I stop what I was doing, it just means adding on to what I have already learned.
Pros
25% off food
Cons
no set time
Productive and an every day challenge. Never the same thing twice.
Certified Trainer, Server, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2015
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Very accomodating. I love taking care of guests who have not been to the Red Lobster and show them just wonderfully varied the menu is. Training LOVE IT. Absolutely enjoy taking a new server/new manager and showing them the "ropes" and seeing the excitement in their eyes as they learn. Guiding the servers, being a mentor. I love my job there.
Pros
Managers, co workers, guests
Cons
Allergic to seafood
Friendly and cooperative staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 November 2015
On an average day at work staff was always welcoming and friendly towards one another. The managers were always there to help when needed and always went above and beyond to ensure that the work environment was happy and friendly and to full success. Staff was always willing to jump in and help when seeing another coworker in need of help. Always enjoyed going into work and always felt welcomed there.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Very busy
where things go in the restaurant
management was good
my co-workers were good
trying to get the job done
just being there at work
Pros
NO FREE FOOD
Cons
JUST THE RIGHT HOURS