Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 February 2017
Customer service skills are definitely required to work at Red Lobster as you deal with many different types of people every day. It can become difficult to work with so many customers, but it is manageable. The hours are good and bad as you need to work through meals and breaks depend on how busy the restaurant is, but shifts are always a good amount of hours. Working around seafood can be difficult as the smell is strong and is always surrounding you, but you get used to it. The people that work at Red Lobster are extremely friendly and are easy to get along with.
Fun Workplace, Management Unreliable
Hostess/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 February 2017
Red Lobster has a very family feel among its coworkers. Unfortunately as soon as they seem to have a great management system they send them away and replace them. This can be difficult as some managers give and take shifts depending on personal preference of the people they work with. And often times when management is shifty it affects the whole store negatively.
Pros
Great Experience for Fast paced environments
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Time Management
Food Preparation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2017
Customer service is excellent. They have a good team work. They also have multi-tasking, Time Efficient, Attention to Details and Safety.
Great place to work, friendly staff
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 January 2017
Red lobster is a great community of employees who are dedicated workers.
My overall time here has taught me how to be a good employee, they have helped me learn the ways of proper safety training, and restaurant management.
Great crew to work with
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Most if not all of my co-workers are an absolute delight. Management are appreciative. My only gripe is that they keep hiring new staff even when we're all still fighting for shifts.
An overall acceptable and hard working part time job
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 January 2017
I enjoyed working at this place, but the workload is just too much for me to handle, because this place is always busy and my salary pay is very poor compared to the amount of work I do for this company.
Pros
Alot of Hours
Cons
Very busy and stressful Workspace/ Poor salary pay for that much work effort
Well balanced productive workplace
Alley coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2016
Past alley coordinator: Employees including the management staff ofcourse encourage many aspects of productivity emphasizing teamwork. The workplace can/most likely will become very social for you. I mostly worked alley, my job was fast paced and fairly rewarding once I saw the end results of my work. Well balanced rewarding place to work. I highly recommend once you have worked enough believe in yourself, the company to get into their corporate stock market if you know what your doing ofcourse.
Pros
Overall balance at work
Cons
An employee may having a "bad day"
Great workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 December 2016
Productive and fun workplace, the most enjoyable part of the job is serving guests and ensuring they had a great dinning experience.
High-energy, positive work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
My experience at Red Lobster has been a positive one. I've been working with the company for a year as a server and truly appreciate all I've learned since then. The focus at Red Lobster is on guest satisfaction, so the importance of ensuring the customer / client its happy has become somewhat ingrained in me. The management is fair, fun and approachable. My co-workers are a mixed bag, but it is a family; the Red Lobster family. The hardest part of my job is winding down after a long day, and the most enjoyable part of my job is watching a table of guests leave the restaurant with smiles on their faces, knowing I gave them the best service possible!
High paced fun job with a lot of people to socialize with
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 November 2016
Most enjoyable are the people you work with. Very friendly, hard working and reliable during a shift. Would highly recommend.
Good
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
good communication with colleagues always working as a team

great place to work long hours Dishewashers assistant cook good waiters tips ...
Loved this job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
The longer I worked with red lobster the better the atmosphere got, I was able to grow within the company to work more if I wanted to, lots of training and really friendly people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift work
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2016
really enjoyed this job but just moved on for a office job and career. I liked bar-tending though as time flew by while making good money.
Great place to work , if you don't have much responsibilities
Culinary professional (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2016
Very unorganized, management team is always changing. Staff gets along great. Service is always good even with complications. Pay in low and unreasonable. Not for someone with young children.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
unorganized
An enjoyable place to work, friendly staff and guests.
Host (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2016
You greet guests as they arrive and show them to a table, forming a guest connection. I have learned how the Front of House works in a restaurant environment. There were Management heads for each department as well as a General Manager. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was the guests, they were from all walks of life and all had a unique and memorable story. The regulars became friends.
Pros
Friendly environment with great co-workers and guests.
Cons
Not able to get full time hours.
red lobster is a fun and relaxed place to work
Back of house kitchen prep and expediter (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 July 2016
the environment at red lobster can be fast paced, but can be rather relaxed and still fun. For the most part the managers were excellent. However, some of them were extremely difficult to work with and did nothing but make your job harder.
they wear an upbeet places to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2016
I would show up and help getting the kitchern ready for the day/evening and then we would get everthing heading and getting hot.
great boss
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 June 2016
fast paced working environment, very busy during rush hours and very good friendly boss. restaurant was very fun to work at while in school
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
very busy rushes
Unreliable work source
Host / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Positive coworkers in an enjoyable environment. However, management was unreliable with constant changes in the managerial staff that were unwilling to accommodate with problems and compromises. Hours constantly fluctuated each week.
enjoyable and comfortable work environment
Server/Alley (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 May 2016
I enjoyed working at red lobster, and would like to again, staff and management were easy to get along with, the hardest part of the job was probably cleaning up at the end of the night but then again it was also relaxing knowing you put a good day of work in.