Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work at
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
Work with a lot of great staff and you get along with them just fine. Very busy place to work which is good keeps you on your feet all day. Everyday learning with both team members and management
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Too much politics
Busy place
Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 November 2017
Great serving job for someone with experience.
Many great co-workers, support staff and cooks.
A great first job for anyone looking to learn to become a bartender or a host.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Split shifts
Great variety of food
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2017
Worked here a long time. This place has changed a lot over the years but seems to be getting its feet back. Endless shrimp was always a crazy busy time of year
worked hard and fast
Day Cleaner, Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2017
Listened to my bosses demands always without complaints and tried my best to satisfy them all with demands.
Helped cooks a lot with extra work killing lobsters faster and cooking buns and things when they needed help.

Always kept place clean and organized even with demands of management on me always.
Pros
going outside to clean parking lot
Cons
others taking too many breaks
Was Fun Place To Work
Assistant Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 October 2017
I really love to work for red lobster, It was fun working for them but they didn't have any respect for the senior employees, when it was old management everything was better then now.
fast paced, busy environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 September 2017
I worked here for a few years and I really enjoyed it for the most part. I started as a host and loved the management and other staff, it was a great working environment. I loved that I always had something to do, yet still had time to socialize a bit with co-workers. That being said, nearing the end of my employment, management was all over the place.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
disorganization
stressful during peak hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a fun fast paced environment. Management was good they helped out quite often hands on. The staff for the most part were really helpful
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hard hours
dont work here if you dont want o
Dishwasher/Utility (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
unless you plan on becoming a chef or joining the industry dont work here. its is a very stingy company that dosent spend its money on there best product.
Pros
tips
Cons
everything
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Alley Coordinator/ Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I have learned a lot while being with this company for the past 4 years. I have become more confident in myself, and have more confidence while talking to strangers. The workplace culture was always encouraging us to work together, and strive together for the same end result. The hardest part of this job was the hours required to work. This job has made it very difficult for me to have the time I would like to spend with my family. I also believe that there was not a lot of room for growth within this organization. The most enjoyable part of this job is the great co workers I have had the opportunity to meet.
Fun Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 August 2017
A great place to work with friendly employees and a family feeling atmosphere. As with any serving position, the clientele is always interesting... some good some not so good. But all and all a FUN place to work and make decent cash.
always fun
certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2017
it was awesome experience to worked with red lobster learn about many sea food item .i worked as trainer there i help to trend new employ with good environment
Pros
new
Busy, Productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2017
Evening shifts are extremely busy, you have to stay cool, calm and composed to work this job. This is a high stress, quick paced environment and not for everyone. Tables of guest usually are friendly but it only takes one upset guest to ruin your week. Management is fantastic most of the time but everyone has there bad days. I love the people I work with, I made some life long friends and enjoy seeing them each time I come in.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Upset Guests
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 July 2017
Fun place to work, the hours are good for a restaurant you wont be there to late compared to other competitors. Management can be moody and sometimes you can not talk to them.
Pros
Good Tips
Cons
Lunch shifts
Great Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
Great Place to work. Fun, flexible.
Great Managers, caring and understanding.
Pay was minimum wage but made excellent tips. Not an average serving job, lots of side duties and work to be carried out in comparison to other serving positions.
working as a dishwasher
Utility / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
Hardest part of the job: mangers were rude,Staff were not coming in on their time of work start, didn't give the staff the right amount of hours that they promise us.
Pros
50% off food when working.
Cons
20% off food when not working
good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 June 2017
-fast paced, always doing something
-how to properly seat and serve guests
-the management wasn't bad, some ups and downs
-hardest part would be you have to be a good multi tasker
Big kitchen, great staff, busy workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2017
Dishwashing at Red Lobster typically was the same thing everyday. For example, I would get to work, change, and instantly get to work being very busy on arrival. It was a very fast paced workplace. It had a lot of seating as well. It was located in a pretty busy end of Ottawa as well.

Management there was pretty laid back but very keen on making sure everybody in the kitchen and the front of house did their jobs accordingly. Overall these managers worked very hard and well.

The hardest part of the job would be having to keep up with the dishes, especially on either holidays, or even hot weekends in the summer when it was extremely busy.

The most enjoyable part of this job was to learn new things in all parts and positions of the kitchen.
Pros
Gave me good experience
Cons
Busy all the time
Very demanding
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
If you are a male there are really good chances that you will be asked to do the morning trucks on Mondays. The servers are fun and very nice and the kitchen has a lot of people that have English as a second language. so its very diverse and fun if you are up for the challenge.
Pros
competitive
Cons
Very Bias Management
co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 May 2017
Co-workers were always willing to lend a hand when needed during the training process as well as throughout long shifts. Costumers were very patient and understanding
Pros
Paitient costumers
Cons
Pour managment
A day in the life
Host (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 May 2017
No job advancement. No support from management. Poor work environment. Was not fun working here and management did not use my skills to what I deserved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.