Red Lobster

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
Fun work , love dealing with customers, handling cash and credit/debit payments is what i enjoy the most, related to my future career .
Red Lobster
Hostess (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 5, 2015
My experience with this company was bitter sweet. I enjoyed working with everyone, but there are various managers with different styles and it was rather frustrating trying to please all managers. What may be acceptable for one manager may not be acceptable for another.

A typical day would begin with changing the menus from dinner to lunch (and then lunch to dinner at 3:00 pm). Clean the bathrooms, lobster tank, and general host area. Greet guests as they walk in and quote accurate wait times. Walk guests to their tables and introduce the menus and new specials. At closing, I would have to clean up the bathrooms, lobster tank, trays, booster seats and baby seats, and lock the doors.

My co-workers were fantastic and very helpful. They made going into work that much more fun and enjoyable. The hardest part about the job would be calculating accurate wait times for our guests. Sometimes our calculations were off my 10-15 minutes, sometimes even longer, but it was not my favourite to inform guests that they had to wait longer for a table.

For the most part, I am grateful and appreciative for the opportunity and it was a stepping stone for my career.
A day in the Life
Hostess (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Long hours, half off on yummy food, nice environment
Cons: Not fixing my weaknesses
At work, I will seat, clean and make sure the guests are overall happy with their experience at Red Lobster. I learned a lot from running into negative people, encountering new challenges and finding out new things about my co workers and myself. The hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and being told I am a hard worker.
Good place to work with a very diverse individual which makes it a unique but fun place to work
Alley coordinator (Current Employee), London, CanadaApril 8, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: long travel time from work
A typical day at work would start with us(prep specialists) preparing all the needed things to start the day. This includes turning on the oven, making sure soups are put on the stove in order for it to be ready when the restaurant opens & making sure that the kitchen is in full working condition before eleven o'clock. Managers would be there to do some checklist to ensure all steps are not missed and done according to the company' standard. I have learned a lot when it comes to cooking and handling food so with other things that my co-workers share because some of them are not from here so we sometimes share things & culture considering I am not from Canada as well. The hardest part would be the rush hour and when we do not have enough food to cover those hours. One more thing would be someone calling in sick which makes the restaurants functioning capacity unstable. If we get through the day with no complains and with superb customer satisfaction then this would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
hard, repetitive work but teaches a useful lesson
utility worker, trainer, baker (Current Employee), London, OntarioMarch 12, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: incompetent coworkers
a typical day starts either cleaning up the mess that the person that opened left behind or the mess that the people that closed left behind.

I learned how to rely solely on myself and not expect much help from coworkers or management. I learned how to successfully manage my time, and not let the piling up of work stress me out.

Management primarily cares about how many labour hours they are going over instead of helping the workers they have during a shift.

Having to work with a bunch of kinds who just want to hang out and make money and not care about if they do a good job.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that no matter how fast you go or how well you do, you're going to have to do the exact same thing in a minute or two.

The most enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Very fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
• Greet arriving guests with welcoming attitude
• Answered phone calls and left messages with professional and courteous manner
• Provide appropriate seating arrangements with managing availability and waitlist
• Make reservation arrangements and setting up tables together to accommodate the guests
with timely manner
Fast paced industry, but fun.
Alley Co-Ordinator, Line Cook (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 3, 2015
Really busy industry and location. The employees were great, good work atmosphere. Management was incredible and professional , like a family
Busy, fun workplace with great team members!!
Hostess/Servers Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: holidays are extremely busy
Hostess Duties:
● Enhanced customer experience by greeting guests
● Managing the front desk by answering all phone calls
● Providing great customer service
● Seating Guests
● Completing necessary cleaning duties at the end of the night
● Taking and organizing reservations

Servers Assistant Duties:
● Providing help to the assigned server for the night
● Walking food from the kitchen to tables
● Making salads
● Dropping off beverages
● Cleaning the table once it turns
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided good compensation and benefits. It was a stressful work environment but rewarding at the same time.
Co-workers were fast learners and cleanliness was a priority
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the work table as frequently as was necessary and dressing dishes with sauces and side entrees. I learned that cleanliness must be made priority. Management was understanding and co-workers were fast learners. Hardest part was learning the menu by heart and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with food.
Would not recomend working here
Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Your schedule is very unstable.
The management is pretty good and helpful.
Can't leave you stuff unattended it will get stolen.
Fun and get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Interesting place
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: worked with interesting people
Cons: physical
I understand that making sure everything is clean and sanitary is one of the most important aspects of a kitchen and take my job very seriously.

• It is important to understand proper safety when working around food and when cleaning a kitchen and I have learned all proper food handling and cleaning procedures.

Every kitchen needs to have a staff that can work as a team for success. I know that my ability to work with others and to take direction would be an asset.
productive
Receptionist / Host (Current Employee), KuwaitJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: food allowance; free accommodation ; free transportation
Nice environment. All my co-workers are career oriented and well disciplined.
Red lobster is bad.
Line Cook/ Line Coordinator (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbNovember 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: few hours
Poorly run, hours severely vary, constantly under pressure to perform amazingly with low staff. other than that the coworkers are great, i learned how to cook the best part of the job is when you finally clock out...
Workplace Environment
Server (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: when we work we get 50% our lunch, when we don't work its 25%, this applies at all red lobster locations.
Cons: long hours, minimal time to sit and eat in between shifts
A typical day at work usually starts with check-ins with managers where they inform us on product we may be low on or out of completely as well as check our uniforms to ensure we are in good working conditions.
While working at red lobster I have learnt time management with our pace of meal program along with learning to deal with different allergies and providing the guests with alternative solutions to make their experience just as enjoyable as the rest of their group.
The managers at Red Lobster are very approachable and able to assists if any issues arise that we, as servers, cannot deal with.
The co-workers are great, we all work together as a team on busy evening shifts to ensure that guests food is delivered when ready and nice and hot.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to move things along faster. ex, get food or alcoholic beverages out quicker.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize with the guests. There isn't a day that I do not learn something new from someone.
My experience with red lobster
Host (Current Employee), ReginaNovember 21, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
when i started working at red lobster i loved it and then the managers got very rude and the other host' were very bossy and did not care much about other co workers wether they were having trouble doing something they tell them to do it anyways. I used to get 4 shifts a week and we hired a bunch of new hosts and now i get 1.
Productive workplace
Hostess & Server (Current Employee), Brampton,OnNovember 10, 2014
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: not good organization
Co-workers work together, management team needs work supporting their staff more.
Good job enjoyed my time there
Bartender (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: no breaks
Good staff very friendly.Some managers lacked restaurant skills.Working in such a busy place you get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 30, 2014
• Efficiently used dish washing equipment to clean used dishes
• Ensured the cleanliness of washed dishes and rewashed if needed
• Securely stacked dried dishes to storage locations
• Assisted with kitchen preparations when needed
• Stocked kitchen and dining area supplies
• Emptied trash cans and moved garbage to waste collection
• Unloaded supply trucks and stored inventory on shelves, refrigerator and freezer
Good money, most of the time, worst managment
Service Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 28, 2014
The managment is so disorganized and rude... No breaks, and a 3 hour shift feels like 300 hours. Very exhausting and physically demanding. Not worth it

1 2 3

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more