Red Lobster Employee Reviews

dont work here if you dont want o
Dishwasher/Utility (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
unless you plan on becoming a chef or joining the industry dont work here. its is a very stingy company that dosent spend its money on there best product.
Pros
tips
Cons
everything
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Alley Coordinator/ Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I have learned a lot while being with this company for the past 4 years. I have become more confident in myself, and have more confidence while talking to strangers. The workplace culture was always encouraging us to work together, and strive together for the same end result. The hardest part of this job was the hours required to work. This job has made it very difficult for me to have the time I would like to spend with my family. I also believe that there was not a lot of room for growth within this organization. The most enjoyable part of this job is the great co workers I have had the opportunity to meet.
Fun Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 August 2017
A great place to work with friendly employees and a family feeling atmosphere. As with any serving position, the clientele is always interesting... some good some not so good. But all and all a FUN place to work and make decent cash.
always fun
certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2017
it was awesome experience to worked with red lobster learn about many sea food item .i worked as trainer there i help to trend new employ with good environment
Pros
new
Busy, Productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2017
Evening shifts are extremely busy, you have to stay cool, calm and composed to work this job. This is a high stress, quick paced environment and not for everyone. Tables of guest usually are friendly but it only takes one upset guest to ruin your week. Management is fantastic most of the time but everyone has there bad days. I love the people I work with, I made some life long friends and enjoy seeing them each time I come in.
Pros
Other Employees
Cons
Upset Guests
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 July 2017
Fun place to work, the hours are good for a restaurant you wont be there to late compared to other competitors. Management can be moody and sometimes you can not talk to them.
Pros
Good Tips
Cons
Lunch shifts
Great Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
Great Place to work. Fun, flexible.
Great Managers, caring and understanding.
Pay was minimum wage but made excellent tips. Not an average serving job, lots of side duties and work to be carried out in comparison to other serving positions.
working as a dishwasher
Utility / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
Hardest part of the job: mangers were rude,Staff were not coming in on their time of work start, didn't give the staff the right amount of hours that they promise us.
Pros
50% off food when working.
Cons
20% off food when not working
good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 June 2017
-fast paced, always doing something
-how to properly seat and serve guests
-the management wasn't bad, some ups and downs
-hardest part would be you have to be a good multi tasker
Big kitchen, great staff, busy workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2017
Dishwashing at Red Lobster typically was the same thing everyday. For example, I would get to work, change, and instantly get to work being very busy on arrival. It was a very fast paced workplace. It had a lot of seating as well. It was located in a pretty busy end of Ottawa as well.

Management there was pretty laid back but very keen on making sure everybody in the kitchen and the front of house did their jobs accordingly. Overall these managers worked very hard and well.

The hardest part of the job would be having to keep up with the dishes, especially on either holidays, or even hot weekends in the summer when it was extremely busy.

The most enjoyable part of this job was to learn new things in all parts and positions of the kitchen.
Pros
Gave me good experience
Cons
Busy all the time

Want to know more about Red Lobster?

Ask a question
Very demanding
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
If you are a male there are really good chances that you will be asked to do the morning trucks on Mondays. The servers are fun and very nice and the kitchen has a lot of people that have English as a second language. so its very diverse and fun if you are up for the challenge.
Pros
competitive
Cons
Very Bias Management
co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 May 2017
Co-workers were always willing to lend a hand when needed during the training process as well as throughout long shifts. Costumers were very patient and understanding
Pros
Paitient costumers
Cons
Pour managment
A day in the life
Host (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 May 2017
No job advancement. No support from management. Poor work environment. Was not fun working here and management did not use my skills to what I deserved.
great
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON9 May 2017
Red Lobster is an American casual dining restaurant chain headquartered in Orlando, Florida. The company has operations in Canada, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Mexico, and Japan, in addition to the United States
Pros
lots of money
Cons
really busy
Has a very fun environment. teamwork are always part of the shift.
Service Professional/Server/Host (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
Working at Red Lobster helped me a lot with my growth, being able to mingle with different types of people around me. During my shift there are some co-workers that needed much of positive feedback to clean while they lean though i can see that they were very much helpful and nice when you needed some help. Management are not consistent enough to give feedbacks, so some of the staff doesn't know where they at on their productivity. But the good thing is, management are open for some suggestions and concerns. The hardest part of my job is stillnkeeping your positive attitude with the rest of the guests and team even with customer complaints. I enjoyed working in Red Lobster for 5 years now because i am into customer service even from the start, I'd love connecting to people. I am happy whenever my guests are happy.
Pros
50% for food during shift, 15days paid leave
Cons
few hours on shift
fun place
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
like any company this company is all about numbers. Meet the numbers. It has a great staffs who knows what they are doing .great atmosphere.
The best year of my life was there
Steady work with clashing dynamic between Front and Back of house
Alley Coordinator, Baker, Line Cook, Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2017
A fast paced and steady work environment. However the clash between expectations of the cooks and servers dragged down what was a great place to be. If you can get past the disrespect from certain people and the treatment of your work stations it is a very manageable work experience.
Pros
Excellent managers, steady hours, food discount
Cons
Servers do not respect the Cooks work stations
First restaurant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 April 2017
red Lobster was the first restaurant I worked at. Only reason I left was because the store closed down. Great place, Great staff. The location worked perfectly for me as well.
Red Lobster review
Alley Coordinator, Bus Person, Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 March 2017
For the most part, there is a great group of employees at Red Lobster. The best part of the company was the fact that they were willing to accommodate a variety of schedules to the best of their ability, which from what I gather, does not necessarily happen elsewhere.
Great Place!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2017
Wonderfully lively atmosphere to both work and dine at!
I enjoyed meeting new people through this company, making life long friendships! The delicious food made it easy to spread the word of this fantastic restaurant!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.