Red Lobster

Red Lobster Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
• Greet arriving guests with welcoming attitude
• Answered phone calls and left messages with professional and courteous manner
• Provide appropriate seating arrangements with managing availability and waitlist
• Make reservation arrangements and setting up tables together to accommodate the guests
with timely manner
Fast paced industry, but fun.
Alley Co-Ordinator, Line Cook (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 3, 2015
Really busy industry and location. The employees were great, good work atmosphere. Management was incredible and professional , like a family
Busy, fun workplace with great team members!!
Hostess/Servers Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: holidays are extremely busy
Hostess Duties:
● Enhanced customer experience by greeting guests
● Managing the front desk by answering all phone calls
● Providing great customer service
● Seating Guests
● Completing necessary cleaning duties at the end of the night
● Taking and organizing reservations

Servers Assistant Duties:
● Providing help to the assigned server for the night
● Walking food from the kitchen to tables
● Making salads
● Dropping off beverages
● Cleaning the table once it turns
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided good compensation and benefits. It was a stressful work environment but rewarding at the same time.
Co-workers were fast learners and cleanliness was a priority
Alley Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work involved cleaning the work table as frequently as was necessary and dressing dishes with sauces and side entrees. I learned that cleanliness must be made priority. Management was understanding and co-workers were fast learners. Hardest part was learning the menu by heart and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with food.
Would not recomend working here
Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Your schedule is very unstable.
The management is pretty good and helpful.
Can't leave you stuff unattended it will get stolen.
Fun and get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Interesting place
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: worked with interesting people
Cons: physical
I understand that making sure everything is clean and sanitary is one of the most important aspects of a kitchen and take my job very seriously.

• It is important to understand proper safety when working around food and when cleaning a kitchen and I have learned all proper food handling and cleaning procedures.

Every kitchen needs to have a staff that can work as a team for success. I know that my ability to work with others and to take direction would be an asset.
productive
Receptionist / Host (Current Employee), KuwaitJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: food allowance; free accommodation ; free transportation
Nice environment. All my co-workers are career oriented and well disciplined.
Red lobster is bad.
Line Cook/ Line Coordinator (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbNovember 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: few hours
Poorly run, hours severely vary, constantly under pressure to perform amazingly with low staff. other than that the coworkers are great, i learned how to cook the best part of the job is when you finally clock out...
Workplace Environment
Server (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: when we work we get 50% our lunch, when we don't work its 25%, this applies at all red lobster locations.
Cons: long hours, minimal time to sit and eat in between shifts
A typical day at work usually starts with check-ins with managers where they inform us on product we may be low on or out of completely as well as check our uniforms to ensure we are in good working conditions.
While working at red lobster I have learnt time management with our pace of meal program along with learning to deal with different allergies and providing the guests with alternative solutions to make their experience just as enjoyable as the rest of their group.
The managers at Red Lobster are very approachable and able to assists if any issues arise that we, as servers, cannot deal with.
The co-workers are great, we all work together as a team on busy evening shifts to ensure that guests food is delivered when ready and nice and hot.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to move things along faster. ex, get food or alcoholic beverages out quicker.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize with the guests. There isn't a day that I do not learn something new from someone.
My experience with red lobster
Host (Current Employee), ReginaNovember 21, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
when i started working at red lobster i loved it and then the managers got very rude and the other host' were very bossy and did not care much about other co workers wether they were having trouble doing something they tell them to do it anyways. I used to get 4 shifts a week and we hired a bunch of new hosts and now i get 1.
Productive workplace
Hostess & Server (Current Employee), Brampton,OnNovember 10, 2014
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: not good organization
Co-workers work together, management team needs work supporting their staff more.
Good job enjoyed my time there
Bartender (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: no breaks
Good staff very friendly.Some managers lacked restaurant skills.Working in such a busy place you get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 30, 2014
• Efficiently used dish washing equipment to clean used dishes
• Ensured the cleanliness of washed dishes and rewashed if needed
• Securely stacked dried dishes to storage locations
• Assisted with kitchen preparations when needed
• Stocked kitchen and dining area supplies
• Emptied trash cans and moved garbage to waste collection
• Unloaded supply trucks and stored inventory on shelves, refrigerator and freezer
Good money, most of the time, worst managment
Service Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 28, 2014
The managment is so disorganized and rude... No breaks, and a 3 hour shift feels like 300 hours. Very exhausting and physically demanding. Not worth it
Fast phase job
Assembler (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: no breaks
My duties are to assemble orders and it is very important that the plating meets the company standards including the guest expectations. Also, I'm responsible for microwaving the right amount of time for the sauces and the sides such as broccolis, asparagus, green beans etc. If it is not done properly it can affect our guests health and condition, which makes my position play a valuable role at Red Lobster. Most important, not all our guest can tolerate shrimps, some are allergic to it. If we receive an order with an allergy, I must assemble with care and prevent cross contamination.
good
Hostess (Former Employee), calgaryMay 15, 2014
good place,it was enjoyable and good team work,the best was my collagues very fun place
waste ot time!!
Host (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SK.March 12, 2014
Pros: clean restaurant, friendly servers
Cons: rude management, not even nice enough to call back about getting the postion or not
I applied for the Host postion at the Saskatoon location of Red Lobster online, I then received an email to call the Saskatoon location for an interview, I then had TWO interviews and I expected to get a call back, NOTHING HAPPENED!!
Fast paste , Fun work
Co-op program at South Collegiate Institute (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: rules
great place to work if you can keep up , fun people to get to know
A great place to work, tight knit staff, fast paced, ECT
HOSTESS (Current Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: 50% off while working
Cons: somedays you would work long hours if guest came in right before close.
A typical day at work would consist of checking in the servers and making sure they are ready to start and I know what section they are in. Counting the till down and getting it ready for either the night shift or the next day. My job is to keep the lobby clean and our hostess area neat, tidy and the seating chart easy to follow. As guest come in my job is to greet them, and then promptly seat then at a table. Answering the phone, taking take out orders and preparing them, ECT

Over the almost five years I have been at Red lobster I have learned to be a team player, work under stress and in a fast pace environment. Great people skills, how to keep organize, how to strike up a conversation, memorization skills and so much more.

It was always a pleasure to work with the management staff they were helpful, understanding, upbeat and kind. They made it easy to go to work and I looked forward to working all of my shifts. They were always willing to help and if you made a mistake they kindly corrected you, so that you would know for next time.

My co-works were more life a family then just a staff, from the first day I started at Red Lobster they gave me a warm welcome. I always got along with everyone and help when I could as they did the same. They were hard works and we all always focused on the task at hand (giving A+ service) as a team. We worked as one, not individuals. Things always ran more smoothly this way. In the end they always made me look forward to go to work.

In my opinion the hardest part of the job was trying to stay clam and not get stressed out on the nights we went into a waiting line. As some people could be impatient and antsy making it harder not to get stressed out.

I personally enjoyed every aspect of the job, I always liked seeing our guest happy as they left. Red Lobster is a really great place to work overall.

1 2 3

About Red Lobster

This company has cornered not one but two dining markets: seafood and "Hospitaliano." Darden Restaurants is the #1 casual-dining – Read more