Red Hat Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
has its days
Floor Man/Line Lead (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 11, 2015
the job was good the management wasnt as professional as they should of been.but beyond that the job is decent,the pay was good and i learn alot of different positions.
very productive and fun workplace for employees with great gospel music.
cashier (Current Employee), The Villages, FLNovember 4, 2015
Pros: 50% employee discounts.
Cons: taking breaks period.I hate taking breaks.
my coworkers are very friendly and fun to be around. we may have our little confusements but we are all arbys family. I have learned working at Arby's is that, no one like to see someone down. everyone picks each other up. when someone is sad we all tries our best to cheer that person up. that's how our Arby's family is suppose to do.
No thank you
None (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible time off
Cons: False promises, hostile employees
I'd rather not provide any information on my experience with Red Hat as I do not feel that it is necessary when looking for a job on this site.
Great growing company.
Senior Order Entry Administrator (Former Employee), Cork, PAOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Great people surrounding you with great work environment
Cons: Quarter end is the hardest part of the job.
Great working environment, friendly co-workers, motivating managers made working easy. They promote training to encourage employees to grow their career.
Short Term Contract Position
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2015
Great work environment with lots of perks for employees. My role was that of a short term contractor. All cubicle environment. Employees seemed to love working there.
Productive and fun place.
Order Entry Administrator III (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Reward program
Cons: No work from home, difficulty utilizing PTO.
Generally busy days that are heightened at peak periods, such as month/quarter end. It taught me to work steady at a fast pace. My experience with my management was a lack of understanding of our actual work and processes, which lead to inefficient support of our team. However, I have worked with great people here. The hardest part of the job comes down to the long hours of work during peak periods, as previously mentioned. I love enjoying all the events and rewards provided employees.
This company closed
Office Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 21, 2015
Unfortunately because of the economy this company no longer is open for business.
But this company used to do a really good quality jobs
overall a good place to work
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Farnborough, ENGMay 14, 2015
Pros: execellent products
Cons: management should be listening more to their team
pros helpful colleagues, free soft drinks, coffee, tea
good products to sell

cons management should listen better to their team
Nothing special
Ntara Consultancy as a Principal Project Manager (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaApril 22, 2015
Not satisfactory. Senior management need to be more proactive and to have vision for taking this company to next level. Professionalism is worst in this company.
Great Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 1, 2015
Great products and company. New technologies so there are challenges from time to time. But great company culture and work life balance for remote workers.
Great Atmosphere, Great Projects
Middleware Consultant (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 15, 2015
Standard software development work, but the culture is great for a major software company. It's not Google, of course - there were no swimming pools or game rooms in the office - but this didn't keep the office atmosphere from being full of energy and enthusiasm for the work the company does. In addition, you were able to define how you wanted to advance in your position - if there was an aspect of the project that you wanted to focus on more, you were allowed to do so.
Great internship
Marketing and Sales Enablement Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
Worked as a marketing intern in Washington, DC. Everybody was great. I learned a lot about the Linux/Open Source platform.
Manager Quality Engineering (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits, open source, technology
Cons: culture split brain
Over all Red Hat is a great place to work, but it isn't without its problems and those problems vary from group to group. Salary and benefits are on par for the area but other tech companies seem to take the amenities a bit farther.
Extremely good engineers, poor management.
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 18, 2014
My colleagues were fantastic engineers. Management is lacking. No career advancement unless you live in Raleigh or Mountain View. 100% travel is very tiring.
Great company
Product Marketing Manager (Intern) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great company to work for. Really smart and nice people around. The management is really strong.
Worked as Customer Support Executive at RAMGLOBAL SOLUTIION, (Apr 2004 to Feb. 2006)
Disk Quota Management on Fileserver (Former Employee), pondicherryAugust 20, 2014
 Installation desktop and laptop to customer location,
 Given the support to on side,
 Maintaining the AMC and ASC ,
 Troubleshooting all desktop , laptop, and printers,
 Application installation, troubleshooting hardware and software related issues. Maintained the Local LAN.
Work Exp is good
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Pune, MHAugust 8, 2014
I leared a lot in Red Hat. Work culture is really awesome. No one will restrict you from learning.
Was just getting off the ground.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTJuly 18, 2014
Organization was just getting off the ground. Good group of people. Large dream being that were actually being turned into reality. Don't know how things stand today.
Excellent Culture
Embedded IoT Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: cube environment fun buildings
Cons: no espp
fun place to work
energetic
constant change
fast paced
challenging
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Jr Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Westford, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: Red Hat is committed to open source development and if you want to work in that environment and not have a company hassle you about participating in the open source community, Red Hat is good.

cons: Very weak regional office representation. Weak brand identity in the software industry. Confusion among customers about what Red Hat does (Linux? JBoss? Something with Cloud?). Little to no recognition for significant project contributions. Low pay for the industry and very low raises. No guidance for career path and impossible internal mobility.